Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:32:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... 186 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device (Free, Open Source, Cross Platform)  (Read 827250 times)
Blackbird0

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 09:14:53 PM

How can you restart the wizard and wipe the settings on a mac? I figured there would be a Multiminer folder in /user/library/application support, but I didn't find it there.

Under Linux and OS X the configuration files for MultiMiner are in ~/.config:

Code:
rm -rf ~/.config/MultiMiner

To start from scratch.

(hey there! I'm /u/blackbird17k on reddit btw).

Found it! Thank you kindly. As some unsolicited feedback, maybe you should include that on your FAQ for the Linux/Mac folk.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rlhead7173

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 09:41:50 PM

How many others are solo mining using BFGminer and Multiminer? I still haven't figured out why my rejects are so high with many different coins. I never had an issue with solo mining when I used CGminer and Multiminer. It's not my card configs, as they work fine in pools. Very odd.

It doesn't matter what coin, I have 6 different solo coins setup, they all have the same issue. Looks like I'll need to switch back to CGMiner if I want to solo mine!

I have done quite a bit of solo mining with this software and have never had a problem. Check in coin configuration and make sure you enter just the IP address of your wallet server, don't put HTTP:// or anything like that before it just the IP.

BTC: 169Mm5zefmZz2EuJDRkXWtUQ9T1SQhEVPg
LTC: LTmq5m7SvGBfdShyQFPgRxZ5SUc2hsiCqV
NXT: NXT-PUTF-QSCM-DBJZ-CZMS7
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 01:32:57 AM

Is there anywhere else that has a good repository of gpu settings to add to multiminer for scrypt mining?  The wiki that it takes me too has none for any of the cards I have and the settings I have been trying on my own do not work.

I have a Radeon R7 250 2GB and a AMD Radeon HD 8550G and so far I cannot make nor find a scrypt configuration that works.
I know they should both be getting better than 15 - 20 kh/s.

Any help would be greatly appreciaited.

nwoolls (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 02:04:49 AM

I have a Radeon R7 250 2GB and a AMD Radeon HD 8550G and so far I cannot make nor find a scrypt configuration that works.

The standby for figuring out some settings is this:

• Remove any Scrypt settings under Settings > Advanced miner settings > Arguments
  • Delete any .bin files in the MultiMiner folder
  • Uncheck all but one GPU in MultiMiner and start mining

You will see that a .bin file gets created in the MultiMiner folder named after the generation of GPU, e.g. Tahiti, Juniper, etc. Then there are numbers afterword. For instance tc22400 would mean to use --thread-concurency 22400. Or w256 means to use --worksize 256.

After you determine those settings for each card put them in under the Advanced miner settings > Arguments.

Finally you will want to specify an intensity. Make sure that you add something like -I (capital i) 13 to -I 20 in your Scrypt arguments.

Hope that helps.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
ManeBjorn
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 02:16:06 AM

The standby for figuring out some settings is this:

• Remove any Scrypt settings under Settings > Advanced miner settings > Arguments
  • Delete any .bin files in the MultiMiner folder
  • Uncheck all but one GPU in MultiMiner and start mining

You will see that a .bin file gets created in the MultiMiner folder named after the generation of GPU, e.g. Tahiti, Juniper, etc. Then there are numbers afterword. For instance tc22400 would mean to use --thread-concurency 22400. Or w256 means to use --worksize 256.

After you determine those settings for each card put them in under the Advanced miner settings > Arguments.

Finally you will want to specify an intensity. Make sure that you add something like -I (capital i) 13 to -I 20 in your Scrypt arguments.

Hope that helps.

Thanks I will work on that now.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 03:06:53 AM

It's much easier to do it when all cards are the same. For entering the settings for multiple models, you want to do the comma separated:

Code:
--thread-concurrency 22400,8192 --worksize 256,512

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
ManeBjorn
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 03:39:30 AM
Last edit: January 11, 2014, 04:57:48 AM by ManeBjorn

It's much easier to do it when all cards are the same. For entering the settings for multiple models, you want to do the comma separated:

Code:
--thread-concurrency 22400,8192 --worksize 256,512

They are on two separate systems.
I will be adding to the system with the R7 250 though very soon this will help tremendously.

The R7 immediately jumped to 98kh/s and is stable at 55c with this script.  I did start at 13 and work my way up.

-I 20 -w 256  --thread-concurrency 4208

The AMD Radeon HD 8550G up from about 9kh/s to 15-19 kh/s and any intensity over 15 crashed the driver.  This is ok as I don't mine on this system as its a laptop but I like to test what I'm doing on it. It's temp went from 47c to 54c with the following script.

-I 15 -w 256  --thread-concurrency 1920

Not bad overall.  I will test these out for a day or two then submit them to the wiki so hopefully they can help others.

I really appreciate your help.  Multiminer is a great program. I'm used to managing networks this is really enjoyable to dig into and learn.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 03:41:45 AM

I really appreciate your help.  Multiminer is a great program. I'm used to managing networks this is really enjoyable to dig into and learn.

My pleasure and I totally agree. It's a very fun playground for all sorts of different things.

ManeBjorn
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 04:02:11 AM

I really appreciate your help.  Multiminer is a great program. I'm used to managing networks this is really enjoyable to dig into and learn.

My pleasure and I totally agree. It's a very fun playground for all sorts of different things.

All of this has me thinking about making a couple Mine Peon's for my Bitcoin ASIC's.  Like a dummy I sold my Pi a while ago as I was bored with it.  Now I am looking at tons more possibilities with one. LOL

ManeBjorn
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 04:21:24 AM

I've been paying close attention to the work you have been doing on BFGminer with antminers too.  Looks like soon there will be official support.
Those are some interesting ASIC's to say the least.

predatorkill

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 08:51:07 AM
Last edit: January 11, 2014, 11:00:35 AM by predatorkill

I think you must add these features:

• HOTKEYS. so i can start and stop the mining process with the key combination and not navigate through the menus. I use one of my rigs for daily work and when i set intensity 18 the desktop is lagging so much that sometimes it takes up to 2 minutes to stop the miners because the mouse cursor hangs, the app is not responding and this makes the process really frustrating.
  • ITENSITY.Option to change the intensity in real time for every card on the rig. Like i said, when i m leaving my (rig) workstation i want to set the intensity back to 18 (from 13, wich is the maximum intensity in order to have a smooth desktop to work) without stopping, editing miner settings and then start again. I could do this in cgminer in 3 steps with keys G,I,0,18
  • BUG: There is a bug in coin section, when i enter pool url, port and try to navigate through fields with TAB button, when the TAB navigates to username field, if i SHIFT-TAB to go one field back (in this case port field) then the cursor is stucked at username field and i cannot type nothing in it, nor navigate to other fields by mouse click. The only way to get out this bug is by deleting the coin!
  • BUG: While i m mining a coin and it switches to another based on strategy, the pool,daily,exchange and all other columns are not updated thus it displays the previous coin mined infos.
  • BUG or FEATURE? Hashrate drop, even i force the clock speeds with msi aferburner  then the multiminer hasrate won't go up!! If i restart mining then the hash goes up for a while and then drops. I ll stick to cgminer until this is resolved.

i get 675kh/s with these settings in a sapphire 7970 vapor x. With cgminer i get 720kh/s with the exact same settings. (i have one 6950 and one 7970, so settings are for both cards).

--thread-concurrency 8000,24000 --intensity 18,19   --gpu-engine 900,1080 --gpu-memclock 1250,1500  --worksize 256,256 --gpu-powertune 20 --auto-fan --temp-cutoff 95 --temp-overheat 90 --gpu-threads 1

i think that you must set higher timeout when GET json OR when the json is not parsed due to coinchoose high traffic (link is down with cloudfare info) then i believe the app must not wait until the next GET witch is set in advanced service settings (check every x minutes/hours) but in a different interval.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 06:34:55 PM

HOTKEYS. so i can start and stop the mining process with the key combination and not navigate through the menus. I use one of my rigs for daily work and when i set intensity 18 the desktop is lagging so much that sometimes it takes up to 2 minutes to stop the miners because the mouse cursor hangs, the app is not responding and this makes the process really frustrating.

I'll add standard accelerators for the menus so you can navigate them with ALT+key combos like other apps.

ITENSITY.Option to change the intensity in real time for every card on the rig. Like i said, when i m leaving my (rig) workstation i want to set the intensity back to 18 (from 13, wich is the maximum intensity in order to have a smooth desktop to work) without stopping, editing miner settings and then start again. I could do this in cgminer in 3 steps with keys G,I,0,18

Eh - I dunno sounds complicated. I do have a request in to have 2 different profiles for intensities which I think would handle your case. Right now you can toggle Dynamic Intensity from the Advanced menu to allow you to work, or you can enable the setting under Settings > Advanced miner settings to automatically adjust Dynamic Intensity based on computer use.

BUG: There is a bug in coin section, when i enter pool url, port and try to navigate through fields with TAB button, when the TAB navigates to username field, if i SHIFT-TAB to go one field back (in this case port field) then the cursor is stucked at username field and i cannot type nothing in it, nor navigate to other fields by mouse click. The only way to get out this bug is by deleting the coin!

It's not a bug, but it's not elegant either. The username field is required. You have to enter a value.

BUG: While i m mining a coin and it switches to another based on strategy, the pool,daily,exchange and all other columns are not updated thus it displays the previous coin mined infos.

Known issue that will be fixed.

BUG or FEATURE? Hashrate drop, even i force the clock speeds with msi aferburner  then the multiminer hasrate won't go up!! If i restart mining then the hash goes up for a while and then drops. I ll stick to cgminer until this is resolved.

Maybe some of the other Scrypt miners can give some advice. I do know that everyone so far has been able to move from cgminer to bfgminer without losing performance. However, you cannot simply use the same settings you are using in cgminer. It requires re-working and re-tweaking.

atomicchaos has done a lot of work on this so you may want to look through some of the previous pages for his comments.[/list]

predatorkill

Activity: 140

View Profile
    January 11, 2014, 07:22:11 PM

Thanks for commenting on my thoughts.

I believe that it's not that difficult to implement live intensity changing. Maybe using a pop up window just to enter the intensity value and send the command to bfgminer via api. (I m not full aware how intensity changes in bfgminer when operatimg in cmd). I cant set intensity to dynamic, i ll loose so much hashrate from my second gpu.

As for hashrate drops, i think it s a bfgminer issue, not multiminer.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
    January 11, 2014, 07:35:11 PM

On to my hash power drop on certain machines, I looked at the log and thought I saw a dynamic switch for a command line, but I was mistaken, so I'm not clear on why I'm getting a hash rate drop on a few cards on different machines. The odd part is that I can reset them and it will be full speed for a minute or so before it drops again. In to the space to troubleshoot tomorrow... Only so much you can do remotely on something like this.

Did you happen to get anywhere with this issue? Sounds like at least one other user is having the same (or similar) problem. Thanks in advance for your expertise!

ewibit
    Legendary

Activity: 2955
    Merit: 1049

View Profile
    January 11, 2014, 07:55:34 PM

Code:
    mono MultiMiner.Win.exe
    System.EntryPointNotFoundException: ShowWindow
      at (wrapper managed-to-native) MultiMiner.Xgminer.Miner:ShowWindow (intptr,int)
      at MultiMiner.Xgminer.Miner.ListDevices () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at MultiMiner.Win.MainForm.GetDevices () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at MultiMiner.Win.MainForm.RefreshDevices () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at MultiMiner.Win.MainForm.MainForm_Load (System.Object sender, System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoadInternal (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    Ubuntu 13.10
    rlhead7173

View Profile
    January 11, 2014, 08:10:01 PM

I have been mining WDC for the last month and have not had to use the auto switch feature in while. Today I went in to change back to auto switching based on profitability to Litecoin. I don’t see that function anymore. It only shows profitability based on Bitcoins by default. Was the Litecoin profitability feature taken out? My API is set for Coinchoose since Coinwarz doesn’t show Litecoin markets.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
    January 11, 2014, 08:14:05 PM

I have been mining WDC for the last month and have not had to use the auto switch feature in while. Today I went in to change back to auto switching based on profitability to Litecoin. I don’t see that function anymore. It only shows profitability based on Bitcoins by default. Was the Litecoin profitability feature taken out? My API is set for Coinchoose since Coinwarz doesn’t show Litecoin markets.

Yes it was taken out. I don't think this setting means what most users think it does, and what it provided was buggy at best.

CoinChoose provides two API feeds. One has profitability based on the value of Bitcoin. The other has profitability based on the value of Litecoin. Either of these can be used regardless of what coins you are mining.

CoinChoose's Litecoin-based feed is buggy, frequently broken, and has far less coins. Given that and the fact that other Coin APIs (such as CoinWarz) have no such concept, I removed the feature. I did ask first several times on this thread if anyone used it and why.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
    January 11, 2014, 08:15:22 PM

Code:
    mono MultiMiner.Win.exe
    System.EntryPointNotFoundException: ShowWindow
      at (wrapper managed-to-native) MultiMiner.Xgminer.Miner:ShowWindow (intptr,int)
    Ubuntu 13.10

The call to ShowWindow is not in any official build. Maybe you downloaded an unofficial release from this thread?

rlhead7173

View Profile
    January 11, 2014, 08:21:35 PM

Yes it was taken out. I don't think this setting means what most users think it does, and what it provided was buggy at best.

CoinChoose provides two API feeds. One has profitability based on the value of Bitcoin. The other has profitability based on the value of Litecoin. Either of these can be used regardless of what coins you are mining.

CoinChoose's Litecoin-based feed is buggy, frequently broken, and has far less coins. Given that and the fact that other Coin APIs (such as CoinWarz) have no such concept, I removed the feature. I did ask first several times on this thread if anyone used it and why.

Makes sense. I should have read through the thread. I've been out of the loop for a while. I would use it mainly to make some quick money. The coin at the top of the "Coin"\LTC is often, but not always, the most profitable coin at the time.

No big deal.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
    January 11, 2014, 08:22:55 PM

Makes sense. I should have read through the thread. I've been out of the loop for a while. I would use it mainly to make some quick money. The coin at he top of the "Coin"\LTC is often, but not always, the most profitable coin at the time.

The same thing goes for the current Coin lists though. The only difference is whether the profitability numbers are in terms of BTC or LTC.

Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... 186 »
      Print  

Jump to: