Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:58:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 ... 186 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device (Free, Open Source, Cross Platform)  (Read 827250 times)
Caze

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 08:48:44 PM

BUG or FEATURE? Hashrate drop, even i force the clock speeds with msi aferburner  then the multiminer hasrate won't go up!! If i restart mining then the hash goes up for a while and then drops. I ll stick to cgminer until this is resolved.[/li][/list]
On to my hash power drop on certain machines, I looked at the log and thought I saw a dynamic switch for a command line, but I was mistaken, so I'm not clear on why I'm getting a hash rate drop on a few cards on different machines. The odd part is that I can reset them and it will be full speed for a minute or so before it drops again. In to the space to troubleshoot tomorrow... Only so much you can do remotely on something like this.

Did you happen to get anywhere with this issue? Sounds like at least one other user is having the same (or similar) problem. Thanks in advance for your expertise!

This does sound pretty much the same what I've been experiencing. With a restart the hashrate goes up to normal but starts dropping soon after that. Personally I suspect it's the network difficulty change that causes the drops (at least it seems to be in my case) but I would need others to confirm that.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
predatorkill

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 09:46:41 PM

BUG or FEATURE? Hashrate drop, even i force the clock speeds with msi aferburner  then the multiminer hasrate won't go up!! If i restart mining then the hash goes up for a while and then drops. I ll stick to cgminer until this is resolved.[/li][/list]
    On to my hash power drop on certain machines, I looked at the log and thought I saw a dynamic switch for a command line, but I was mistaken, so I'm not clear on why I'm getting a hash rate drop on a few cards on different machines. The odd part is that I can reset them and it will be full speed for a minute or so before it drops again. In to the space to troubleshoot tomorrow... Only so much you can do remotely on something like this.

Did you happen to get anywhere with this issue? Sounds like at least one other user is having the same (or similar) problem. Thanks in advance for your expertise!

This does sound pretty much the same what I've been experiencing. With a restart the hashrate goes up to normal but starts dropping soon after that. Personally I suspect it's the network difficulty change that causes the drops (at least it seems to be in my case) but I would need others to confirm that.

You mean coin difficulty or pool difficulty per worker? I ve experienced small hashrate drops while mining on multipool but the drop was caused by the multipool coin change, when the multipool drops the connection from one coin to the other using cgminer. So i guess it has nothing to do with coin/pool difficulty. I havnt googled 'bfgminer hashrate drop" to see if other users are getting hash drops from command line in order to have clear opinion if its MuM or bfgminer fault. I believe there is no way to tell from command line if it s bfgminer or MuM fault since bfgminer cannot switch coins like MuM forces to.

nwoolls (OP)

Activity: 840
    Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
    January 11, 2014, 09:53:35 PM

You mean coin difficulty or pool difficulty per worker? I ve experienced small hashrate drops while mining on multipool but the drop was caused by the multipool coin change, when the multipool drops the connection from one coin to the other using cgminer. So i guess it has nothing to do with coin/pool difficulty. I havnt googled 'bfgminer hashrate drop" to see if other users are getting hash drops from command line in order to have clear opinion if its MuM or bfgminer fault. I believe there is no way to tell from command line if it s bfgminer or MuM fault since bfgminer cannot switch coins like MuM forces to.

There we go. That does resonate with what other users are reporting: when the network difficulty for a coin changes while bfgminer is mining, the hashrate drops (I'm not sure if it's real or just the reported hashrate). This has been an issue only for users of pools that switch coins, namely MultiPool or MiddleCoin.

I do have this noted to look into in bfgminer, time permitting. I think a safe guess would be that bfgminer is using the difficulty reported when connecting to the server for the entire duration of that connection to calculate the hashrate and that this is merely a visual bug.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
    btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
    predatorkill

View Profile
    January 11, 2014, 10:03:16 PM

There we go. That does resonate with what other users are reporting: when the network difficulty for a coin changes while bfgminer is mining, the hashrate drops (I'm not sure if it's real or just the reported hashrate). This has been an issue only for users of pools that switch coins, namely MultiPool or MiddleCoin.

I do have this noted to look into in bfgminer, time permitting. I think a safe guess would be that bfgminer is using the difficulty reported when connecting to the server for the entire duration of that connection to calculate the hashrate and that this is merely a visual bug.

I agree, but, i use MuM to mine coins based on coinchoose api, not multipool "own" profitability-difficulty algorithm. In other words, i ve created about 7-8 coins in MuM, all of them have their own port, i m not using the multipool auto switching port.

Caze

Activity: 107

View Profile
    January 11, 2014, 10:20:49 PM

I'm talking about coin difficulty.

I don't think it's merely a visual bug, at least not on middlecoin. Even the pool reports a lower hashrate. A little while back the code for coin switching was updated on middlecoin because of the large increase in miners and complaints about the 5-20s disconnections when then pool switched coins, so now there aren't any disconnections anymore and the miner only sees a change in network difficulty. These difficulty changes can happen several times per minute and every time they happen, the hashrate in bfgminer drops. Cgminer on the other hand happily mines on constantly with full speed.

EDIT: Would be great if someone could confirm that it is indeed the miner causing it and nothing on my end. You should be able to easily test it, even 5 mins of mining on middlecoin should be enough to see if you get the drops.
    ManeBjorn
    Legendary

Activity: 1288
    Merit: 1004

View Profile
    January 12, 2014, 01:30:03 AM

I'm talking about coin difficulty.

I don't think it's merely a visual bug, at least not on middlecoin. Even the pool reports a lower hashrate. A little while back the code for coin switching was updated on middlecoin because of the large increase in miners and complaints about the 5-20s disconnections when then pool switched coins, so now there aren't any disconnections anymore and the miner only sees a change in network difficulty. These difficulty changes can happen several times per minute and every time they happen, the hashrate in bfgminer drops. Cgminer on the other hand happily mines on constantly with full speed.

EDIT: Would be great if someone could confirm that it is indeed the miner causing it and nothing on my end. You should be able to easily test it, even 5 mins of mining on middlecoin should be enough to see if you get the drops.

It does the same thing with Litecoin as well.
    I have been working on gpu setups as you can see in my previous posts.  My R7-250 starts out at about 96kh/s and gets up to 120 to 124 kh/s and then after about 5 mins drops to 100kh/s.  A couple of different settings I have worked on actually started out at 164kh/s reliably but always after a few mins lower quite abit usually back to the 100kh/s range.  I assumed it was my code and went back to the first one I used.
    Now I'm not so sure.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
    January 12, 2014, 01:52:33 AM
    Last edit: January 12, 2014, 02:08:38 AM by nwoolls

I have been working on gpu setups as you can see in my previous posts.  My R7-250 starts out at about 96kh/s and gets up to 120 to 124 kh/s and then after about 5 mins drops to 100kh/s.  A couple of different settings I have worked on actually started out at 164kh/s reliably but always after a few mins lower quite abit usually back to the 100kh/s range.  I assumed it was my code and went back to the first one I used.
    Now I'm not so sure.

I agree, but, i use MuM to mine coins based on coinchoose api, not multipool "own" profitability-difficulty algorithm. In other words, i ve created about 7-8 coins in MuM, all of them have their own port, i m not using the multipool auto switching port.

Maybe it's hardware specific? I don't see this issue on a 5770, 7950, or 7970. That's on any Scrypt coin.

Does it happen outside of MultiMiner? You can try launching bfgminer with the same arguments found in the Process Log

If it does happen in bfgminer, can you try older versions of bfgminer to see if you can find a working copy? If you can find a version where this works, I can walk you through an online process that should identify when/where this got broken.

This goes for anyone having issues. If you can pin it down to occurring outside of MultiMiner, in bfgminer, and you can find an older version of bfgminer that works we can go from there.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
    btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
    atomicchaos

Activity: 630
    Merit: 500

View Profile
    January 12, 2014, 02:56:40 AM

I haven't had much opportunity to try and figure out the drop in hash rate on certain cards, but can say that I've had a lot of hardware issues lately, and I suppose that hardware has not yet been ruled out.

My biggest issue at the moment with BFGminer is my inability to solo mine coins due to a high reject rate. I never had any issues previously, and I mostly solo mined. Nothing else has changed with my configuration, so I truly don't understand my recent issues with solo mining multiple coins with almost all rejects. Considering someone else responded that it works fine for them, I'm even more perplexed!

I will try and spend some more time troubleshooting once I get my hardware stable. I know you offered assistance Nate, but again, I don't want to take you away from things, as I should eventually be able to figure it out, unless related to BFGminer's workings.

One more minor (I think) request: Can we replace U with WU? Utility stat does not factor in the difficulty that you are mining at, so if you have one rig mining at one difficulty (VARDIFF) and another similar rig at a different difficulty, the utility doesn't give you any useful data.

WU factors in the difficulty I believe, and I assume that can be pulled from BFGminer?

I do have to say that I miss CGMiner, but I'm grateful to be on the latest version of multiminer.

BTC:113mFe2e3oRkZQ5GeqKhoHbGtVw16unnw2
    nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
    January 12, 2014, 03:16:19 AM

My biggest issue at the moment with BFGminer is my inability to solo mine coins due to a high reject rate. I never had any issues previously, and I mostly solo mined. Nothing else has changed with my configuration, so I truly don't understand my recent issues with solo mining multiple coins with almost all rejects. Considering someone else responded that it works fine for them, I'm even more perplexed!

The same steps above can be used if you are unable to determine any other factors. If you can try an old version of bfgminer and find that it works, there's a process online via a webpage that we can go through to pin down when things got botched. You basically need to identify the newest, old version that worked.

Luckylars

Activity: 4
    Merit: 0

View Profile
    January 12, 2014, 11:12:23 AM

Hi guys!

I'm having a little problem with multiminer.
    I'm using cgminer and everything is going cool but when I use multiminer putting the same settings, on the command line , My gpu usage according to afterburner is only 66% going up and down around that number instead of 99 as with cgminer

This gives me ~400khs instead of the 600 I get with cgm

Has anyone else had the same problem?

djaychela

Activity: 35

View Profile
    January 12, 2014, 11:17:20 AM

I have a couple of questions, couldn't see answers for them:

1) On one rig, I have three Antminer U1s which I'm running using MultiMiner and bfgminer and two GPUs (7750s) which I currently run using cgminer and cgwatcher.  I'd like to swap them over to be run by multiminer as well.  They currently appear in Multiminer, and I'd set up the coins I want to mine on them, but at present they don't work; I assume that because I want to mine LTC on them (and BTC on the U1) I need to do something different?  Would I be right in saying that I need to have two installations of MultiMiner, one of which will be for the GPUs (mining LTC and other scrypt coins) and the other for the U1 (mining BTC), both running at the same time?

2) I have another computer which is running SuSE 12.2, and running bfgminer 3.5.2.  It currently has two Block Erupters and a Red Fury on it.  Is it possible to add this to MultiMiner remotely (they are on the same network), or would I have to get MultiMiner running on this computer, and then be able to adminster both via the mobile app?  At present the Linux machine doesn't usually have an X environment running most of the time (it's a home web/file server as well as doing mining) - if it's the second option I take it I'd have to have KDE or similar running for this to work?
    predatorkill

View Profile
    January 12, 2014, 11:34:27 AM

Hi guys!

I'm using cgminer and everything is going cool but when I use multiminer putting the same settings, on the command line , My gpu usage according to afterburner is only 66% going up and down around that number instead of 99 as with cgminer

Welcome to the club. I face the same behavior, there is a 50kh/s difference in my 7970 if i use Multiminer. In cgminer i get 720 while on bfgminer i get 675kh/s. The app author stated that i must retweak the card settings in bfgminer arguments in order to get the max from the card. I havnt done it yet, i ll try differemt settings tomorro and i ll post my results.

Question to the author: why you use bfgminer and not cgminer? Just wondering, nothing else Smiley

Luckylars

Activity: 4

View Profile
    January 12, 2014, 12:19:13 PM

Hi guys!

Welcome to the club. I face the same behavior, there is a 50kh/s difference in my 7970 if i use Multiminer. In cgminer i get 720 while on bfgminer i get 675kh/s. The app author stated that i must retweak the card settings in bfgminer arguments in order to get the max from the card. I havnt done it yet, i ll try differemt settings tomorro and i ll post my results.

Question to the author: why you use bfgminer and not cgminer? Just wondering, nothing else Smiley

i dont think its actually the same. i know that i will have to tweak my settings a little more to get the same kh/s
    but my problem is that my gpu is not functioning at 99% with multiminer, instead its at 66% going up and down a little.
    ewibit
    Legendary

Activity: 2955
    Merit: 1049

View Profile
    January 12, 2014, 03:26:31 PM

The call to ShowWindow is not in any official build. Maybe you downloaded an unofficial release from this thread?
    thx this was it... Smiley
    wald4tler

Activity: 118

View Profile
    January 12, 2014, 04:12:28 PM

Hi all.
    I need your help Sad
    i Installes MultiMiner and my BitBurner Fury wasn´t in the list...
    BitBurner Fury is correct installes because if i start with cgminer the BitBurner Fury will run perfect Sad

I have:
    *) Windows 7 64Bit
    *) Newest Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1
    *) MultiMiner 2.3.3
    *) BitBurner Fury rev 1.1 (49GH/s)

can you help me plz?
    sry about my bad english, i don´t use this language since shool (and this is ~20 Years ago )
    atomicchaos

View Profile
    January 12, 2014, 04:28:20 PM

Those seeing the hash rate difference after switching from CGminer to BFGminer, please note my experience was that no matter how much I tweaked the settings I couldn't achieve the same until I used the optimized .BIN files that I came across on Litecoin forums. I don't know the back end as to the difference in how .bin files get generated in the miner apps, but this was the big difference.

Once I copied and renamed the .BIN file to match the automatically generated on each rig, I got back just about everything.

predatorkill

View Profile
    January 12, 2014, 04:44:54 PM

Those seeing the hash rate difference after switching from CGminer to BFGminer, please note my experience was that no matter how much I tweaked the settings I couldn't achieve the same until I used the optimized .BIN files that I came across on Litecoin forums. I don't know the back end as to the difference in how .bin files get generated in the miner apps, but this was the big difference.

Once I copied and renamed the .BIN file to match the automatically generated on each rig, I got back just about everything.

found on http://www.overclock.net/t/1437876/290-and-290x-litecoin-mining-performance

Is your card throttling? Does your hash rate drop over time? (Click to hide)
    This happens when the GPU core temperature gets too high and your card reduces its core speed to prevent overheating.
    - Increase the Powertune percentage with Afterburner
    - Increase fan speed to keep the temperature below 90° C
    - Lower GPU core voltage with Afterburner
    - Change the affinity of the CGminer.exe or BFGminer.exe process to one thread (open Task Manager, right-click on process, choose "Set Affinity..." and check just one core)

i m not in the office to check that, can someone with hash drops check it out? specially the part with bgminer.exe affinity

atomicchaos

View Profile
    January 12, 2014, 05:18:20 PM

found on http://www.overclock.net/t/1437876/290-and-290x-litecoin-mining-performance

Is your card throttling? Does your hash rate drop over time? (Click to hide)
    This happens when the GPU core temperature gets too high and your card reduces its core speed to prevent overheating.
    - Increase the Powertune percentage with Afterburner
    - Increase fan speed to keep the temperature below 90° C
    - Lower GPU core voltage with Afterburner
    - Change the affinity of the CGminer.exe or BFGminer.exe process to one thread (open Task Manager, right-click on process, choose "Set Affinity..." and check just one core)

i m not in the office to check that, can someone with hash drops check it out? specially the part with bgminer.exe affinity

Besides the affinity, those are basic troubleshooting steps with rigs. The affinity won't make a difference either unless these are non-dedicated rigs, in which it could help by dedicating a core to bfgminer. What always has helped, and Nate was kind enough to implement it into his software has been setting the BFGminer process to "HIGH" instead of normal. I never really read anywhere in the community where this has been recommended, but I have always found it helped out on my rigs, and was thankful when he imtegrated it.

ManeBjorn
    Legendary

Activity: 1288
    Merit: 1004

View Profile
    January 12, 2014, 05:43:14 PM
    Last edit: January 12, 2014, 05:54:21 PM by ManeBjorn

I have been working on gpu setups as you can see in my previous posts.  My R7-250 starts out at about 96kh/s and gets up to 120 to 124 kh/s and then after about 5 mins drops to 100kh/s.  A couple of different settings I have worked on actually started out at 164kh/s reliably but always after a few mins lower quite abit usually back to the 100kh/s range.  I assumed it was my code and went back to the first one I used.
    Now I'm not so sure.

Maybe it's hardware specific? I don't see this issue on a 5770, 7950, or 7970. That's on any Scrypt coin.

Does it happen outside of MultiMiner? You can try launching bfgminer with the same arguments found in the Process Log

If it does happen in bfgminer, can you try older versions of bfgminer to see if you can find a working copy? If you can find a version where this works, I can walk you through an online process that should identify when/where this got broken.

This goes for anyone having issues. If you can pin it down to occurring outside of MultiMiner, in bfgminer, and you can find an older version of bfgminer that works we can go from there.

I will do this and see what I get.
    Both setups are brand new and I have shaken them both down quite well to eliminate issues.
    Hopefully I can find something that helps using your advice.
    The drop off is really weird when I add the shaders into my code.  It runs really well at 164kh/s or so but the drop back is really a bummer.  It runs stable and cool as well.  
    On the other side of the coin though my ASIS's with this version of MM really shine.  Even the little 333 erupters actually run at 370 to 380 with no special tricks or tweaks.
    This is fun though digging and troubleshooting.
    Still I am looking forward to when my R9 270 gets here for some real hashing power.

ewibit
    Legendary

Activity: 2955
    Merit: 1049

View Profile
    January 12, 2014, 06:48:53 PM

is it (not) possible to add new coins (not in the list)?
    e.g. I have added NYM and it crashed...
    thx
    Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 ... 186 »
      Print  

Jump to: