Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 04:01:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 [354] 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 ... 443 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [QRK] Quark | Core 0.10 upgrade  (Read 1031115 times)
Thule

Activity: 938
Merit: 276

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 07:47:05 PM

great post quarkfx

banning kolin wont resolve all the other issues.
trust factor needs to be get back but max wont allow it.

you can write a lot but once you get active you will see max will deny anything like kolin which hurts the big wallets.
silvermetal

Activity: 487
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 07:48:16 PM

Has anyone used https://www.litepaid.com/ ? some feedback ?

I have spoken with the owner of Litebit/Litepaid few months ago (as they are based in the Netherlands).
At that moment he was not live yet. I just checked and see that a few companies are listed, further the website is not much updated since I checked it few months back.

What kind of feedback are you looking for?
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 08:10:14 PM
Last edit: August 22, 2014, 08:35:48 PM by digitalindustry

Well, one good thing about this coin is that it has been massively consolidated.

No more PoW means no new coins being added, no more inflation.  

And the fact the price has dropped means many more people, and existing whales, have bought up most existing supplies.  This means Quark is prepped for a massive spike when demand increases.

The large holders here just need to be smart and not start dumping right away and when you do don't put massive blocks out there which will scare away new investors.  

Quark hit $.24 last time so I think it can hit $2 this time.  For me that means a nice vacation.  For others, if you're patient, it means a new house or a new lambo.  lol.

Cheers!

QRK is maybe a good test of that theory.

Either the lack of inflation supports the price, or it ensures the stagnation, with no new buyers because existing holders are keeping it all.

Demand is the key variable, and only time will tell.

agreed and as you can see on this forum people are shitting themselves as real humans are cost price averaging in.

this is the monopolists worst nightmare.

http://kolinevans.wordpress.com/2014/08/22/what-would-a-crypto-currency-collapse-look-like/

^^this has been getting a lot of positive feedback.

education is spreading, you can almost feel the panic.

at this stage I'd never want to see a "big investor come in"

as what is occurring now is the slow distribution of the larger lumps , the "general people" have figured out how to do the :

got to no id unregulated exchange > get Bitcoin > send to Quark exchange > buy Quark > remove from exchange.  

^^^ in this scenario Bitcoin is serving it purpose as a payment surrogate ha ha < see what i did there?

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
maok

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 08:10:48 PM

Has anyone used https://www.litepaid.com/ ? some feedback ?

I have spoken with the owner of Litebit/Litepaid few months ago (as they are based in the Netherlands).
At that moment he was not live yet. I just checked and see that a few companies are listed, further the website is not much updated since I checked it few months back.

What kind of feedback are you looking for?
Business use, how they handle transactions, what kind of daily/monthly reports do they make ? They only got live few months ago ? Are they serious ? We can advertise them officially for those who want to accept Quark for their businesses, it would help them but would also help Quark adoption.

QRKHn6UK3ToS53V6jD1rYWRYS4mxQ1mako
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▀▄▀▄▀ Quark core wallet updates  ▀▄▀▄▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 08:12:29 PM

I also vote for netnox in the foundation :-)
A new moderated QRK thread would be great. A thread that only discusses projects, structure and how to move forward!

open up 15 or 20 little circle jerks, this is a key thing the other scammers on this forum do.

its the road to salvaging some of that lost credibility for sure !

: D

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 08:14:13 PM

great post quarkfx

banning kolin wont resolve all the other issues.
trust factor needs to be get back but max wont allow it.

you can write a lot but once you get active you will see max will deny anything like kolin which hurts the big wallets.

Lol at Thule agreeing with Quarkfx - < credibility 

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 09:53:32 AM

Just wanted to let you know that I will talk to one of the MC2 developers with regard to Proof of Burn tomorrow around this time. I won´t necessarily focus on Quark as the volume is so low that for people who are buying in it would be an issue but will still discuss it with him.

Any update on this?

Yesterday I talked to _ingsoc, the intermediary between tacotime and the guys who are working on this project. I chatted with him about 1 hour and it was pretty interesting, however, they still need some months to get ready for cooperation from what I understand. Some crucial decisions (e.g. with regard to how to distribute liquidity in a fair way) haven´t  been taken + he was pretty reserved when it came to talking about his team (he repeatedly said, that he doesn´t want to talk about this at this point). To me that´s too much secrecy and too much future talking. I will watch the project anyway. If you want to use parts of the concept, please feel free to do so.

Btw. maok there is no need for excuses as we are all are free what to do in our lives (thought that were your words). I decided for myself that it´s not worth to put more effort into it and I will certainly not let anyone blame me for NOT wasting more of my own time than I want to, ok?

What if the community openly announces on Reddit (bann) and btctalk or elsewhere not to cooperate with kolin anymore and get a fresh new start, would you come back, because he has been causing some peeps to leave, maybe they will get back as well an get that trust back again. People mostly spread fud on quark because they associate it with kolin so lets get him out and tell max not to cooperate with him since the community has decided. I think this will be a great idea.

I already wrote this in different places: this is not about Kolin. Kolin has some serious mental issues and his delusional attitude and insults are certainly reasons why people leave the community or will never take Quark serious. However, I was mostly pissed off by Vics reaction when I confronted him with the staged Mimiccoin launch as Vic was one of the person that really made be believe in the success of Quark - and I am obviously pissed by people like georgem (whoever he is) who tell me that I should better do something productive for Quark than working on an exit option. I don´t have to work for Quark and I certainly won´t if I don´t feel it´s valuable. The reason why I worked on an exit option was based on a lack of trust in Quark to recover from the status quo. I don´t mind if others believe in the full success, really, but I don´t.

As you can read from the moment when I came up with the proposal, I said that if that is not going to be feasible then I will sell off. Not because I don´t like the project, but because I don´t see no reason why the issues that we are dealing with should magically disappear. Some people seem to dream of 2$ prices coming from nothing (and then you buy a new car, holiday, whathaveyou...), I prefer to look at what we´ve got:

- Quark has a hashrate issue - that was the main reason why people proposed a merge mining coin  (and the reason why Kolin and Vic started Mimiccoin)
- The question of on-top services is entirely open since Quarks lead developer said that he will only take care of the core code  
- The community is small and has no serious funds to get things moving

Sticking together as maok says helps, but it doesn´t get things done. The only way I see is that you find a major investor who gets BTC/fiat into Quark so there are funds to do things. As long as this doesn´t happpen I think Quark will disappear slowly. You may have luck getting some attention with Shaq Fu and I hope for everyone of you that you´ll do, but this needs a lot of preparation from the community side and also a payment processor that BigDeez can rely on (Moolah? I don´t think so). I sort-a feel worned out to do that. I can only recomment you focus on things you can really achieve and don´t trust on fantasy delusions that those people have, who bought in high and are just interested in others to pay them all the luxury that they didn´t manage to achieve.

Good luck to all of you

I think kolin has a lot to do with all of this and has been one of the main factors. I'm sure Vic was sucked into his games and believe Vic is a good guy. People make mistakes and discussions like these happen once in a while between devs, it would be better to leave it behind us and move on without kolin as i proposed. Georgem hasn't probably even been following Quark much and thought you was just a regular member. I'm sure if he know what you did he would apologise.

Regarded funding we can still achieve that by one of Cryptohunters suggestions. Also we can ask Moolah more clarification on it or even other payment processors like Bitpay you never know Big Deez is pretty big. I just believe once we announce we don't want kolin around some members might get back and more positivity will be felt. Although it's your decision and i respect that, but these things actually happen in lot of alts especially with the prices now.

I think you should become part of the foundation too. Anyone who is a proven dedicated qrk supporter over the long term should be part of the foundation.

I am SURE the pob or qrk only ipo will create a lot of funding and a lot of interest going forward. I mean we have a lot of qrk talent even if it is not pure coding talent. Just look at what some of our core members have got done with Zero funding.

This is a good time to reform the foundation, even a great time for members that have previously left to get back in.

Where is VIC to sort this out. Come on VIC you have done a LOT for qrk in the past i really hope you can show up again and talk with QRKfx about this mimic coin stuff. I would really like to see a foundation with VIC and QRKfx included.

WHY DON'T WE START A NEW MODERATED QRK THREAD ON HERE? anyone can post but constant trolling and anti social behavior and the posts are removed.

Let's get the foundation sorted out,, and start a new thread on here.

I also vote for netnox in the foundation :-)
A new moderated QRK thread would be great. A thread that only discusses projects, structure and how to move forward!

I agree. Let's get organised and start a new thread. Where is coinmama? since QRKfx has for now decided to leave qrk perhaps Coinmama should take the lead here. I would support that.

I don't think you have to have a specific skill set to be part of the foundation. So long as you're a proven qrk supporter and have some time to discuss new projects and ideas then anyone can join the foundation.

We just need to put some leadership in place and get going from here. A new moderated thread operated by some active members of the qrk foundation is essential to creating an environment we can operate from.

maok

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 10:10:29 AM

@cryptohunter, just so I know that you know you have all the options on table: pm me and I'll give you full access to Quark Core -> Project Development on quarktalk. Currently there are 2 moderators on that forum: Sub80(he's having some problems at the moment) & undercard(haven't heard from him since last month). I have discussed this with Julie and we both agree that the foundation should be kept as an independent body, not related with quarktalk, however quarktalk can provide the environment to create and build projects which the foundation can choose to support or not. Once again, this is just a reminder that all options are on the table if you really want to do something for Quark: http://quarktalk.cc/forums/project-development.75/

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 10:55:31 AM

@cryptohunter, just so I know that you know you have all the options on table: pm me and I'll give you full access to Quark Core -> Project Development on quarktalk. Currently there are 2 moderators on that forum: Sub80(he's having some problems at the moment) & undercard(haven't heard from him since last month). I have discussed this with Julie and we both agree that the foundation should be kept as an independent body, not related with quarktalk, however quarktalk can provide the environment to create and build projects which the foundation can choose to support or not. Once again, this is just a reminder that all options are on the table if you really want to do something for Quark: http://quarktalk.cc/forums/project-development.75/

Hi,

thanks very much i will PM you and certainly take a look on there.

For the discussion of upcoming projects until ready to be announced i fully agree you need a dedicated private forum.

The steps i think that are vital to qrk are...

1. have a public body of known qrk foundation members (more are free to join once they are established as real supporters) although even the foundation needs a spokesman or chairman. I think we should have coinmama for this since everyone i have spoken too has nothing but great things to say about her work and dedication. The other known core foundation members should also come forward and let's get a qrk leadership and organisation group in place. The community can not get behind projects if they are not fully informed. If we are not to go POB or qrk only IPO or superblock we will need funding and incentives to get big projects off of the ground. This will require ROI projects to be set up and managed by paid project managers who will work for a stake in the project or a % of the cost of the project. There is no longer any point waiting and hoping qrk will be selected for no apparent reason over the other 500 alts to be used as a currency for some large multinational company. Let us rather start to create our own paid services.

2. Once we have this foundation established. Let's create a new thread on here that is managed and moderated by the foundation members. The moderation will be light touch and only constant trolling and insults will be deleted.

3. The ROI projects - If we are really not going to generate a development/services pot of qrk we will need to attract investment. These projects need to be of some note not the usual trash.  Let's get the minds of the foundation together and the community and focus on one large project that will bring some excitement and community spirit back to qrk. I mean just having some stable leadership that is working together will be an amazing start. Right now most of the community sees qrk as having no leadership and the foundation appears fragmented and fragile at best and at worst the core just fell right out of the middle.  For me there is no point in having a handful of people working away with  no funding. We need to get some leadership and get the full community behind them in terms of investing, ideas and marketing. The super wallets that do not want to contribute in any way to qrk will need to be given some incentive to put something back in else leave. You can not have people at this stage that put nothing in but take the vast majority of the gains, whilst others work away for nothing. This is not how it works and you end up with people giving up since they are not rewarded.

It is time to get quite radical with qrk if you ask me. I am actually horrified QRKfx has left since he is the only person i really think understood many of qrks major problems could be solved if we made some BIG changes. When i say problems i mean weaknesses vs other coins, not essentially that qrk is broken.

I am certain if a strong qrk leadership was set up NOW and put in place, then we could persuade him to get back into qrk and perhaps a few others that have been driven away because of various things. QRK's major weakness is that everything was too secret it needs to become way more open and transparent. The community can not thrive being kept totally in the dark. The foundations job is to put suggestions and arguments to the community and then let us all decide the path to tread. Trust is low here right now, we need to act now to reverse this and reward those working to help qrk.

bitcointalk is the lifeblood to any crypto (except maybe the largest market cap coins) Let's get a transparent leadership set up and get a new thread with something real to discuss and work forward to. We have been discussing stuff for weeks and nothing good has come of it. 

As i see it once we have the foundation in place we have to decide quickly to work towards solving some of our issues.

Nothing moves forward if we can't unite and work together. If some of the ideas i and others have put forward are too radical for most at this point let's forget them but we need leadership to unite behind and we need to come up with something to get excited about. I don't believe donations ever work in crypto unless there are superwhales holding HUGE percentages of a coin that are very involved like with doge. However if we came up with an amazing project that could return investments through fees over time i think we could fund this as a community and bring qrk back to the spotlight instead of appearing dead and fragmented.

Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 02:06:32 PM

Hi,

thanks very much i will PM you and certainly take a look on there.

For the discussion of upcoming projects until ready to be announced i fully agree you need a dedicated private forum.

The steps i think that are vital to qrk are...

1. have a public body of known qrk foundation members (more are free to join once they are established as real supporters) although even the foundation needs a spokesman or chairman. I think we should have coinmama for this since everyone i have spoken too has nothing but great things to say about her work and dedication. The other known core foundation members should also come forward and let's get a qrk leadership and organisation group in place. The community can not get behind projects if they are not fully informed. If we are not to go POB or qrk only IPO or superblock we will need funding and incentives to get big projects off of the ground. This will require ROI projects to be set up and managed by paid project managers who will work for a stake in the project or a % of the cost of the project. There is no longer any point waiting and hoping qrk will be selected for no apparent reason over the other 500 alts to be used as a currency for some large multinational company. Let us rather start to create our own paid services.

2. Once we have this foundation established. Let's create a new thread on here that is managed and moderated by the foundation members. The moderation will be light touch and only constant trolling and insults will be deleted.

3. The ROI projects - If we are really not going to generate a development/services pot of qrk we will need to attract investment. These projects need to be of some note not the usual trash.  Let's get the minds of the foundation together and the community and focus on one large project that will bring some excitement and community spirit back to qrk. I mean just having some stable leadership that is working together will be an amazing start. Right now most of the community sees qrk as having no leadership and the foundation appears fragmented and fragile at best and at worst the core just fell right out of the middle.  For me there is no point in having a handful of people working away with  no funding. We need to get some leadership and get the full community behind them in terms of investing, ideas and marketing. The super wallets that do not want to contribute in any way to qrk will need to be given some incentive to put something back in else leave. You can not have people at this stage that put nothing in but take the vast majority of the gains, whilst others work away for nothing. This is not how it works and you end up with people giving up since they are not rewarded.

It is time to get quite radical with qrk if you ask me. I am actually horrified QRKfx has left since he is the only person i really think understood many of qrks major problems could be solved if we made some BIG changes. When i say problems i mean weaknesses vs other coins, not essentially that qrk is broken.

I am certain if a strong qrk leadership was set up NOW and put in place, then we could persuade him to get back into qrk and perhaps a few others that have been driven away because of various things. QRK's major weakness is that everything was too secret it needs to become way more open and transparent. The community can not thrive being kept totally in the dark. The foundations job is to put suggestions and arguments to the community and then let us all decide the path to tread. Trust is low here right now, we need to act now to reverse this and reward those working to help qrk.

bitcointalk is the lifeblood to any crypto (except maybe the largest market cap coins) Let's get a transparent leadership set up and get a new thread with something real to discuss and work forward to. We have been discussing stuff for weeks and nothing good has come of it. 

As i see it once we have the foundation in place we have to decide quickly to work towards solving some of our issues.

Nothing moves forward if we can't unite and work together. If some of the ideas i and others have put forward are too radical for most at this point let's forget them but we need leadership to unite behind and we need to come up with something to get excited about. I don't believe donations ever work in crypto unless there are superwhales holding HUGE percentages of a coin that are very involved like with doge. However if we came up with an amazing project that could return investments through fees over time i think we could fund this as a community and bring qrk back to the spotlight instead of appearing dead and fragmented.

+1 and i agree overal with everything you said, i'm on vacation for a month but will try to check regularly. I think you should be part of the foundation as well.
Hilux74
Legendary

Activity: 912

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 03:07:05 PM

I think Cryptohunters' idea of radical changes to Quark will only serve to damage Quark.  Quark algo etc is good as it is.  Quark just needs marketing and usage and a community that isn't pulling in 3 different directions.
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 03:12:52 PM

I think Cryptohunters' idea of radical changes to Quark will only serve to damage Quark.  Quark algo etc is good as it is.  Quark just needs marketing and usage and a community that isn't pulling in 3 different directions.

Very true, it should have some public face as well. I think a catalyst that can give that confidence to quark supporters to represent quark more is our perks where shaquille oneal promotes us in a short video, it's still waiting for that. I think after that we should get behind it and market quark more openly. Vic is the person who has contact big deez, but he seems very busy i'm wondering who contacts them when they need us for the perks?
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 04:39:12 PM

I think Cryptohunters' idea of radical changes to Quark will only serve to damage Quark.  Quark algo etc is good as it is.  Quark just needs marketing and usage and a community that isn't pulling in 3 different directions.

Quark needs Max Keiser [again].

Given quark is now consolidated at a much higher price than last year I would expect it to hit $2 should it get any big exposure.  That kind of exposure is hard to get so if anyone knows Max Keiser maybe get him to back quark again.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
maok

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 05:22:47 PM

Given quark is now consolidated at a much higher price than last year I would expect it to hit $2 should it get any big exposure.  That kind of exposure is hard to get so if anyone knows Max Keiser maybe get him to back quark again.

LOL, why would he do that ? He has his own coin.

I'll give this advice once more: Don't waste your time by waiting for a big investor or a game to raise Quark price. You better start using Quark and request Quark for payment whenever you can if you want to see Quark price rising. Promote Quark and get involved in projects. That will ensure there will be enough new adopters to support the price while the old Quark supporters are naturally leaving.

Also as an advice for newcomers into the crypto world: Don't buy into new crypto currencies without fully considering that there are pump and dumpers who could destroy those currencies, no matter how much innovative and well supported they appear. Quark, even though the price has/is dropping, still resisted the complete market manipulation because of its initial phase of mining period of 6 months. You can see Quark is not controlled by mining monopolies in the Volume, which is low and reflects the reality, unlike most other coins including Bitcoin which Volume is 95% made of trading activities. Invest in Quark because its not controlled by anyone with ill(pump&dump) intentions.

MacDuro

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 06:34:59 PM

I'll give this advice once more: Don't waste your time by waiting for a big investor or a game to raise Quark price. You better start using Quark and request Quark for payment whenever you can if you want to see Quark price rising. Promote Quark and get involved in projects. That will ensure there will be enough new adopters to support the price while the old Quark supporters are naturally leaving.

Totally agree , if people doesnt involve to promote and use a currency it will  fail for sure .
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 08:05:33 PM

Which coin is Max's coin?  You're not referring to MaxCoin, are you?  Cause Max Keiser has been completely absent from that coin.  Thx!

maok

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 09:48:56 PM

Which coin is Max's coin?  You're not referring to MaxCoin, are you?  Cause Max Keiser has been completely absent from that coin.  Thx!
completely ? I've read that Max Keiser was building the `next phase` for Maxcoin back in may/june. Why would he support other currencies if he created one of his own ? The interview in which he mentioned Quark was only because he had invited Bill Still who among other discussed topics they talked about Quark's security features. Why should he mention again Quark ? Are there any newsworthy topics for Quark recently ? Maybe we should relax with the $1 $2 predictions and take it easily, build a solid base before we reach those prices, if ever.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 09:58:44 PM

completely ? I've read that Max Keiser was building the `next phase` for Maxcoin back in may/june. Why would he support other currencies if he created one of his own ? The interview in which he mentioned Quark was only because he had invited Bill Still who among other discussed topics they talked about Quark's security features. Why should he mention again Quark ? Are there any newsworthy topics for Quark recently ? Maybe we should relax with the $1 $2 predictions and take it easily, build a solid base before we reach those prices, if ever.

I just started investing in max but more for diversification reasons and I haven't seen anything yet which says max is working with MAXCoin.

Max Keiser did not create MAX, two devs did and gave Max some of the plunder and in return he allowed the use of this name and he pumped MaxCoin [like his life depended on it]  That's why  I wasn't sure if Max was still backing MaxCoin.  Also, max did launch his own coin but it's called StartCoin so then it's unlikely that he would still be backing MaxCoin although it is possible given it bears his name and he did pump and dump it so he may try to salvage it for his own image sake.

And for the same reason I thought it may be good for his image if he at least put quark on his show at some point to at least talk about any new developments but that's not a guarantee given he's got plenty to talk about with all his new projects.

Finally, Quark has been building a solid base for over half a year, longer than most alts have been alive.  Given there's no inflation [and actually Quark is deflationary] I would say Quark is prepped and ready for a massive run. 

Now it just needs the fuel:   Max Keiser Fuel! 

Cheers!

maok

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 10:24:25 PM

@Vlad2Vlad, intersting regarding Maxcoin, I can give you news articles from back in May in which he said he was going to build a next phase for Maxcoin, and shortly thereafter the Startcoin launched at the beginning of June. I also remember watching lots of his reports in which he claimed Maxcoin as his creation and advising his viewers to start buying it.

Also interesting your views about Quark `actual` deflationary type. Maybe you could expand on this concept ? I always thought that Quark is inflationary due to its constant supply but `aye mey bey` wrong.

KJO

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 10:36:06 PM

Just wanted to let you know that I will talk to one of the MC2 developers with regard to Proof of Burn tomorrow around this time. I won´t necessarily focus on Quark as the volume is so low that for people who are buying in it would be an issue but will still discuss it with him.

Any update on this?

Yesterday I talked to _ingsoc, the intermediary between tacotime and the guys who are working on this project. I chatted with him about 1 hour and it was pretty interesting, however, they still need some months to get ready for cooperation from what I understand. Some crucial decisions (e.g. with regard to how to distribute liquidity in a fair way) haven´t  been taken + he was pretty reserved when it came to talking about his team (he repeatedly said, that he doesn´t want to talk about this at this point). To me that´s too much secrecy and too much future talking. I will watch the project anyway. If you want to use parts of the concept, please feel free to do so.

Btw. maok there is no need for excuses as we are all are free what to do in our lives (thought that were your words). I decided for myself that it´s not worth to put more effort into it and I will certainly not let anyone blame me for NOT wasting more of my own time than I want to, ok?

What if the community openly announces on Reddit (bann) and btctalk or elsewhere not to cooperate with kolin anymore and get a fresh new start, would you come back, because he has been causing some peeps to leave, maybe they will get back as well an get that trust back again. People mostly spread fud on quark because they associate it with kolin so lets get him out and tell max not to cooperate with him since the community has decided. I think this will be a great idea.

I already wrote this in different places: this is not about Kolin. Kolin has some serious mental issues and his delusional attitude and insults are certainly reasons why people leave the community or will never take Quark serious. However, I was mostly pissed off by Vics reaction when I confronted him with the staged Mimiccoin launch as Vic was one of the person that really made be believe in the success of Quark - and I am obviously pissed by people like georgem (whoever he is) who tell me that I should better do something productive for Quark than working on an exit option. I don´t have to work for Quark and I certainly won´t if I don´t feel it´s valuable. The reason why I worked on an exit option was based on a lack of trust in Quark to recover from the status quo. I don´t mind if others believe in the full success, really, but I don´t.

As you can read from the moment when I came up with the proposal, I said that if that is not going to be feasible then I will sell off. Not because I don´t like the project, but because I don´t see no reason why the issues that we are dealing with should magically disappear. Some people seem to dream of 2$ prices coming from nothing (and then you buy a new car, holiday, whathaveyou...), I prefer to look at what we´ve got:

- Quark has a hashrate issue - that was the main reason why people proposed a merge mining coin  (and the reason why Kolin and Vic started Mimiccoin)
- The question of on-top services is entirely open since Quarks lead developer said that he will only take care of the core code  
- The community is small and has no serious funds to get things moving

Sticking together as maok says helps, but it doesn´t get things done. The only way I see is that you find a major investor who gets BTC/fiat into Quark so there are funds to do things. As long as this doesn´t happpen I think Quark will disappear slowly. You may have luck getting some attention with Shaq Fu and I hope for everyone of you that you´ll do, but this needs a lot of preparation from the community side and also a payment processor that BigDeez can rely on (Moolah? I don´t think so). I sort-a feel worned out to do that. I can only recomment you focus on things you can really achieve and don´t trust on fantasy delusions that those people have, who bought in high and are just interested in others to pay them all the luxury that they didn´t manage to achieve.

Good luck to all of you

I think kolin has a lot to do with all of this and has been one of the main factors. I'm sure Vic was sucked into his games and believe Vic is a good guy. People make mistakes and discussions like these happen once in a while between devs, it would be better to leave it behind us and move on without kolin as i proposed. Georgem hasn't probably even been following Quark much and thought you was just a regular member. I'm sure if he know what you did he would apologise.

Wow, QuarkFX gone? That speaks volumes about this crumbling community.

I sold off 90% of my qrk holdings because of psycho-tard way back when. Now that I hear quarkFX is gone, I am selling the last 10% now.

Quark's future was to be driven by community activity but now that all the talent has left the room, there is nothing left.

QRK volume today....$368....ouch.

First step to quark recovery is the immediate banishment of the mentally-ill psycho-tard vampire. Do it or you wont survive, period.

He is a cancer.

Pages: « 1 ... 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 [354] 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 ... 443 »
  Print  

Jump to: