Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:48:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 [337] 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 ... 586 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: 400GH/s  (Read 880227 times)
dhenson
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 01:22:26 AM

Here's another lawyer that would consider taking a fee instead of a retainer if enough participants sign up.

http://www.bakermarquart.com/attorneys/brian_klein

Someone eloquent enough to speak the legal lingo might want to check him out to give him a quick call. Not sure what % he'd consider. Just in case....

We're already all setup to take on additional people with our existing mass action.  If interested, simply email rgallo@gallo-law.com your contact info and order confirmation.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ninjarobot

Activity: 761
Merit: 500

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 01:38:06 AM

Seems I spoke too soon, USPS made another attempt (After saying they were returning it!) and it went through, and I also received an email confirmation that they received it.

Same here. Just received a confirmation from Erin that my refund request has been received (both email and paper).

+1 for 'doxing' on a separate thread.
Did she say anything alarming?

Like they wouldn't accept anything but their form?

That's what Erin is saying:

Thank you for your email. We have very much appreciated your patience. At this time, we are only able to process refunds that accompany the attached form, that you should have received yesterday evening.

Please fill out the attached form, scan, and attach in reply to this email and we will be happy to expedite your refund.

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Erin

Customer Service Manager

--
HashFast Refunds
refunds@hashfast.com

Here is the one I got:

Good Afternoon,

This email is to let you know that we have received your refund request via email and mail.

Sincerely,

Erin

Customer Service Manager

--
HashFast Refunds
refunds@hashfast.com
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2014, 01:44:29 AM

Seems I spoke too soon, USPS made another attempt (After saying they were returning it!) and it went through, and I also received an email confirmation that they received it.

Same here. Just received a confirmation from Erin that my refund request has been received (both email and paper).

Thank you for your email. We have very much appreciated your patience. At this time, we are only able to process refunds that accompany the attached form, that you should have received yesterday evening.

Please fill out the attached form, scan, and attach in reply to this email and we will be happy to expedite your refund.

Sincerely,

Erin

Customer Service Manager

--
HashFast Refunds
refunds@hashfast.com

Here is the one I got:

Good Afternoon,

This email is to let you know that we have received your refund request via email and mail.

Sincerely,

Erin

Customer Service Manager

--
HashFast Refunds
refunds@hashfast.com

Thus, Erin is still on the payroll.
ninjarobot

Activity: 761

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 01:52:40 AM

Thus, Erin is still on the payroll.

Yes, I don't know where the rumor that Erin quit came from.

...I do remember reading somewhere that Samantha (Owusu) left HF, so perhaps that caused the confusion?
TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 02:29:36 AM

I just got my funds successfully transfered back into my account.

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Did HF say "thank you" for the $39,000?

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 02:38:47 AM

Very Happy!  We now have 40 or so of your BTC, we have a potential plaintiff off the books, and we have the parts for your miner on hand that we can mine with for ourselves.

WinWinWinning!

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2014, 02:42:50 AM

Here's another lawyer that would consider taking a fee instead of a retainer if enough participants sign up.

http://www.bakermarquart.com/attorneys/brian_klein

Someone eloquent enough to speak the legal lingo might want to check him out to give him a quick call. Not sure what % he'd consider. Just in case....

We're already all setup to take on additional people with our existing mass action.  If interested, simply email rgallo@gallo-law.com your contact info and order confirmation.

Done and done.

Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1190

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 05:35:43 AM

I dropped by the HashFast booth at CES today. No hardware. Not even anyone staffing the booth. Did they even bother to show up?

Buy & Hold
RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 05:39:08 AM

I dropped by the HashFast booth at CES today. No hardware. Not even anyone staffing the booth. Did they even bother to show up?

Was there a KNCminer booth?
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 06:39:01 AM

Sincerely,

Erin

Customer Service Manager

--
HashFast Refunds
refunds@hashfast.com

Let me be the first to state the obvious.

That is obviously illegal. If it is not, it really should be.

The folks at HashFast appear to be playing games with peoples money, their own Terms of Agreement and refusing refund request to at least one person when they were notified (through their own means) of non-delivery and an appropriate refund request.

(Tick Tock, they are gonna lose alot more than the respect of their customers.)
defcon23
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 06:50:32 AM

The folks at HashFast appear to be playing games with peoples money, their own Terms of Agreement and refusing refund request to at least one person when they were notified (through their own means) of non-delivery and an appropriate refund request.

(Tick Tock, they are gonna lose alot more than the respect of their customers.)

that's pretty clear ! Wink
jspielberg

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 12:54:14 PM

http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/16qwSTqZq2Uv8WeNvCGhetVDkdU1a8QfC5

Did it die after 9 days? I am seeing zeros for over 3 hours. I guess at least it is still under warranty ... barely.
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 01:19:26 PM

Then everyone will complain it's overpriced.  Obviously if you have something in hand that nobody has ordered you won't sell it for less than it's expected to generate.

1.  Collect a bunch of pre-order money to pay for NRE, down payments on equipment/component purchases, down payments to foundries, other up-front costs, data center equipment.

2.  Get 1 million chips made

3.  Make and ship 100,000 fancy, pretty miners to pre-order customers.
3a.  OPTIONAL:  Trickle out the customer miners while you "test" them on your data center/mining pool.

4.  Sell  500,000 chips for hefty profit.
EDIT:  4a.  Sell a few on-hand pretty miners "off the shelf" for nice profit, but less than generating potential, to earn your PR merit badge.

5.  Make the rest of the chips into low-cost, no-frills, no-case, miners for your own self - mine like 14 motherfuckers in the nice data center that the pre-order money built.

6.  Bite your tongue while everybody wonders why the hashrate goes up.

7.  Profit

I wonder how customers successfully winning legally against the n companies behind this fits into this (draft of) a plan. Maybe it doesent. Maybe customers stand a canche only because they failed to make a workable PCB by the end of the year, only because they were 2 weeks late. God blesses those difficult PCB.

HF, looking forward for some sweet marketing announcement from your side, its starting to getting boring here.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
timmah

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 02:27:53 PM

I wonder how customers successfully winning legally against the n companies behind this fits into this (draft of) a plan. Maybe it doesent. Maybe customers stand a canche only because they failed to make a workable PCB by the end of the year, only because they were 2 weeks late. God blesses those difficult PCB.

HF, looking forward for some sweet marketing announcement from your side, its starting to getting boring here.

Going over the same thing is getting old.

As for the PCB, I'm not sure why they seem to be having so many issues, KnC and "others" have demonstrated that the PCB is the easiest part of the ASICs.  I've even read that documentation they released on how their system would work and even though I'm no engineer in ICs it was pretty clear when it came to describing the functionality.  Also it seems that there is enough information for others to start on a design of their own PCB if HF ends up selling just chips.

Maybe the "design team" did not KISS, did not have the experience/skill to develop a IC (perhaps this is their first ASIC?) and may not have optimized the ASIC design in the best way possible, causing other issues requiring major "corrective" components on the PCB to ensure the chip will at least produce 400Ghs.

Then they also blame the substrate for delays but no other ASIC designers seems to have that problem... I have not looked into the entire process of building an IC but I thought that the substrate is part of the process where they get the wafer made... or are those big silicon wafers that we see just flat on both sides and has to be sent to another factory to be cut and packaged?

The more information that comes out is just showing how inexperienced they are in the IC and PCB production process as well.

Could be the reason that they changed the MPP from chips that other companies would make PCBs for to just sending the whole chip with their PCB as it may reveal how much they messed up in making the ASIC and have no choice but to compensate with the PCB design.  Who knows, I'm not an EE, this is just what I've observed and these are just IMHO.

On another note, I may be able to still have access to my skip tracing account (Choice point/Accurint/etc) but it would cost (from when I last checked years ago) $75 just to get phone numbers and addresses, age, relatives and what not in a general search, which is unlimited for just one month.  If a full report is run, which includes any public record of criminal history or anything like that (including all known associates and family all the way to the 3rd degree) would cost at least $25-$35. 

Lawyers also have access to this but if people think it may help I might be able to provide this to people who want to get more information on these people.  If so, some donations to cover the costs would be nice although if I come up with nothing there would be no refund...
Flashman

Activity: 518

Hodl!

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 02:43:42 PM

Not that I have any pertikuler reason to defend hashfast, but PCBs get "difficult" over a couple or three  hundred Mhz... one of the reasons why memory controllers went on-die in modern CPUs.

Need to shove data in excess of those speeds? Go license some DDR, QDR etc IP.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
Morblias

Activity: 576

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 02:45:44 PM

So, it has been 9 days since HashFast last updated us telling us "We’ve Started Shipping!". It would be nice for an official update of some sort... such as, have you shipped more than the first 2 units... and when the hell will the rest of them ship? You are starting to become worse than BFL with your shitty customer service.

Tips / Donations accepted: 1Morb18DsDHNEv6TeQXBdba872ZSpiK9fY
Entropy-uc

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 02:49:06 PM

Not that I have any pertikuler reason to defend hashfast, but PCBs get "difficult" over a couple or three  hundred Mhz... one of the reasons why memory controllers went on-die in modern CPUs.

Need to shove data in excess of those speeds? Go license some DDR, QDR etc IP.

The data rates in and out of these chips are very easy to handle.  88 bytes / 4 billion hashes in, and 4 bytes for valid nonces out, which can have arbitrarily large difficulty.

High clock rates are difficult because you need to have clean power for internal signal integrity.  But board level I/O isn't bad.

The high power and resulting thermal loads are the difficult issues with this generation of chips.
aerobatic

Activity: 702

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 02:50:58 PM

Going over the same thing is getting old.

As for the PCB, I'm not sure why they seem to be having so many issues, KnC and "others" have demonstrated that the PCB is the easiest part of the ASICs.  I've even read that documentation they released on how their system would work and even though I'm no engineer in ICs it was pretty clear when it came to describing the functionality.  Also it seems that there is enough information for others to start on a design of their own PCB if HF ends up selling just chips.

Hi Timmah

Sam from KnC always tells me that the asic is the easy bit.. and the pcbs are hard!

Sam says 'power in, heat out' are the hardest things to deal with...

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2014, 03:58:33 PM

http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/16qwSTqZq2Uv8WeNvCGhetVDkdU1a8QfC5

Did it die after 9 days? I am seeing zeros for over 3 hours. I guess at least it is still under warranty ... barely.

Nah! Probably moved it, along with 500 others, to another pool. In Bitcoin-speak, it's called a three-prong attack. Search the term on this forum if you're not familiar with the reference.
Bargraphics

Activity: 518

Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 04:17:32 PM

Nah! Probably moved it, along with 500 others, to another pool. In Bitcoin-speak, it's called a three-prong attack. Search the term on this forum if you're not familiar with the reference.

Luke said that his Colo PC is down and he can't get to it right now. So it appears to not be the unit.
Pages: « 1 ... 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 [337] 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 ... 586 »
  Print  

Jump to: