Bitcoin Forum
August 18, 2018, 08:48:09 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.16.2  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 121 »
  Print  
Author Topic: PhoenixMiner 3.0c: fastest Ethereum/Ethash miner with lowest devfee (Windows)  (Read 81681 times)
PhoenixMiner

Activity: 133
Merit: 6

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:20:01 AM

Having problems with GTX 1070 rig though..
   The issue is with the pool. Please use us2.ethermine.org or asia1.ethermine.org. It seems that currently eu1.ehtermine.org and us1.ethermine.org are almost unusable.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BOUNTY PORTALS
BLOG
WHERE BOUNTY MANAGEMENT
MEETS AUTOMATION
SIGNATURE CAMPAIGNS
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
MEDIA CAMPAIGNS
AND MORE!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iLLNiSS

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:28:35 AM

Should the reported hashrates be stable like with Claymore? Mine seem to be jumping here and there (1-2%).
  The hashrate that is reported to the pool is the same as the 5 min average hasrate displayed on the PhoenixMiner console window (unless the miner is paused). We could provide a longer window to filter the rate more but we feel that it is better to see the actual real-time hashrate instead of some highly filtered average value (and longer windows would require a little bit processing).

Awesome thank you for the response. After letting this run for a few hours I do notice that the reported hashrate is fairly stable on the pool.

Hi, I am using gtx1060 geforce for it and it keeps on showing :
GPU 2: unable to get fan speed unknown error (999)
GPU 3: unable to get fan speed unknown  error (999)

and after sometime it accumulates :

GPU 2: unable to get fan speed error (999)
GPU 3: unable to get fan speed error (999)
GPU 5: unable to get fan speed error (999)
   This is an NVML (the Nvidia hardware monitoring library) internal error. We have seen similar errors on our GTX1060s. Additional symptoms include high CPU usage (either by the miner or the MSI Afterburner). The same problems were also observed with Claymore's miner on the same rig. The short term-solution is to restart the rig (not just the miner) but the only long-term solution is to lower the memory overclock a little. We have found that even 20-30 MHz lower memory clocks completely solve the problem. Or you can continue mining and ignore the errors but the high CPU usage can be a real PITA when trying to control the rig via VNC or TeamViewer.

Agreed. My 1070 originally would have the 'driver' crash and I'd lose my temp/fan readouts and ability to control OC. Turning down the mem clock a bit resolved it entirely. The OC originally appeared stable but after a few hours this would happen.
rockk

Activity: 20

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:49:26 AM

just now this happend:
devfee stopped unable to connect to pool, but then after continued mining on pool.
i think devfee popping up messes up thing, cant u make timing less and to mine more in that time? less connecting and disconnecting might be better.

http://i65.tinypic.com/rk2blf.jpg
iLLNiSS

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 08:09:40 AM

just now this happend:
devfee stopped unable to connect to pool, but then after continued mining on pool.
i think devfee popping up messes up thing, cant u make timing less and to mine more in that time? less connecting and disconnecting might be better.

http://i65.tinypic.com/rk2blf.jpg

Same error for me but with Nanopool.
shimpa

Activity: 31

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 11:53:14 AM

I'm back to Claymore. The stability issues along with the reconnection issues made me lose more than I gained from increased speed.

IMHO this is not a production ready product, sorry. I gave it a good 2 weeks testing over 3 different versions but the issues make it just not worth it.

Good luck with the future development as it seems to be a worthy contender but it's not really production ready yet.
liomojo1

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 01:53:52 PM

I'm back to Claymore. The stability issues along with the reconnection issues made me lose more than I gained from increased speed.

IMHO this is not a production ready product, sorry. I gave it a good 2 weeks testing over 3 different versions but the issues make it just not worth it.

Good luck with the future development as it seems to be a worthy contender but it's not really production ready yet.
Me too.
 It is a very nice miner and i had better performance and less stale shares  but this connecting issue is big , every night from 1 till 6 , for 5 hours my miner is down and unfortunately when i am asleep!
rockk

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:13:10 PM

i never sleep so i donno
borya2002

Activity: 61
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:45:44 PM

so good
No.15

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:56:14 PM

Me too.
 It is a very nice miner and i had better performance and less stale shares  but this connecting issue is big , every night from 1 till 6 , for 5 hours my miner is down and unfortunately when i am asleep!

Wow I have the same issue as well.  Not good

PhoenixMiner

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 05:38:42 PM

Unfortunately, eu1 and us1 servers of ethermine were very unstable earlier today, which doesn't happen often. The problem was exacerbated by the fact that we are using ethermine.org almost exclusively for devfee on Ethereum, so even when another pool is used, the devfee will fail and cause some errors. The issue was that once you try to make a new connection, the pool closes both the new connection and the existing connection, so we were affected more than some other miners that don't use ethermine.org for devfee.

It seems that now the servers are stable.

On our part we are changing the devfee code to fall back to other pools if ethermine is inaccessible but this will help only if you have other fallback pools besides ethermine.org for the rare occasions when it is down or unstable. The beta version of PhoenixMiner 2.5 will be released tomorrow and it will address most of the stability issues.

Dhino

Activity: 37
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:08:58 PM

Unfortunately, eu1 and us1 servers of ethermine were very unstable earlier today, which doesn't happen often. The problem was exacerbated by the fact that we are using ethermine.org almost exclusively for devfee on Ethereum, so even when another pool is used, the devfee will fail and cause some errors. The issue was that once you try to make a new connection, the pool closes both the new connection and the existing connection, so we were affected more than some other miners that don't use ethermine.org for devfee.

It seems that now the servers are stable.

On our part we are changing the devfee code to fall back to other pools if ethermine is inaccessible but this will help only if you have other fallback pools besides ethermine.org for the rare occasions when it is down or unstable. The beta version of PhoenixMiner 2.5 will be released tomorrow and it will address most of the stability issues.

The problem is something else. Let me explain my situation. I have 7 rigs at home out of which 1 was running your miner and other were on claymore. I have another 20 rigs at my warehouse, all running claymore. All 27 rigs are on us1 servers of ethermine. At night all my home rig had connection issue but my warehouse rigs were fine. My internet connection was good as I was able to mine on other pools. us1 servers of ethermine was good as all my warehouse rigs were doing fine. It seems that us1 and eu servers of ethermine were blocking my IP after using your miner.

I dont know what happen but us1 servers of ethermine was good yesterday.
nitrobg

Activity: 376
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 09:17:31 PM

It seems like some ISPs couldn't reach eu1 and us1, mine included. One of my rigs is on another location with a different ISP and I've had no drops at all.
gsrcrxsi314

Activity: 194
Merit: 25

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 09:56:17 PM

can you please add the -tt command functionality? maybe it works? but its not listed in the readme or command list so i assume its not there currently.

this is my favorite feature on Claymore. auto fan speed control without having other software is extremely useful. without it, the cards to to target 85C and i dont want them running that hot. -tt 70 on claymore keeps eveything nice and kosher.
deadsix

Activity: 612
Merit: 500

Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 05:53:04 AM

Tested on Rx 460, 470 and 570. Works as advertised, Hashrate and power consumption the same as claymore.
Has the advantage of being 0.35% cheaper, but thats about it. It looks and feels eerily similar to claymore.

The BEST Crypto exchange in India, where you can buy/sell/trade Bitcoin, BitcoinCash, Litecoin, Ethereum and Ripple, and use a credit card https://koinex.in/?ref=eaa2b3 Stay away, Horrible service.
Minimalist Indian Ethereum Exchange https://ethx.in/u/?ref=RAVIN14
Ethereum/Zcash/Monero Mining Bangalore https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1703592
phuocduong

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:08:00 AM

how about nvidia, anyone test?
RIGED

Activity: 182
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:14:38 PM

read the whole thread
congrats on the Dev for providing an alternative to the greedy2% Claymore which I am currently using for Ethash

i use ONLY VEGA64 and FE and are getting 44.1MH/s per GPUvery stable, but have not seen any one in this thread reporting on this miner in conjuction with my choice of gpu

QUESTIONS TO DEV: do i have to take any additional steps for the buggy Vega64s and the super buggy Frontiers? can i expect at least the same hashing speeds maybe a little faster?
im using moded Reg tables and unlocked SoC with Ntool to regulate GPU values

migration can cause serious issues for my rigs (i have previous experience) as the 64s and FEs are like Supercars, faster than anything around but super sensitive to changing telemetry (and before you start yelling efficiency rating i pay $0.04kW/h so i litteraly dont care about Wattage my concern is max stable hashing speed, in any case they are running at av 180W)

btw DEV, you really want to make a difference? write the miner which will utilise 4 simultaneous  threads for the FE on Cryptonight addressing the 16Gb mem into 4Gb per thread, much like the 2x4Gb on the 64-56 getting 2000H/s from cryptonight.

thnx for the effort

to mine or not to mine,
is not a question...
human75

Activity: 47

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:09:17 PM

i have 5 rigs and this miner works just perfect,without any of the problem that you guys mention on top.it performs much better and stable than claymore.so far so good.thanks to dev.
syraka76

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

I AM MARVYKKIO

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 05:28:35 PM

New Version?Huh? Tongue

Thanks to the administrators I lost the account
PhoenixMiner

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 06:31:17 PM

New Version?Huh? Tongue
  Unfortunately we have found a bug in the new version which caused crashes on few of our test rigs. The good news is that we managed to reproduce it after a few hours and it was fixed but as a result we have run the latest build of 2.5 only for an hour so far, so we are not feeling confident to release it tonight even for a beta test. It will be released first thing tomorrow, unless something else comes up during the overnight testing.

QUESTIONS TO DEV: do i have to take any additional steps for the buggy Vega64s and the super buggy Frontiers? can i expect at least the same hashing speeds maybe a little faster?
im using moded Reg tables and unlocked SoC with Ntool to regulate GPU values

migration can cause serious issues for my rigs (i have previous experience) as the 64s and FEs are like Supercars, faster than anything around but super sensitive to changing telemetry (and before you start yelling efficiency rating i pay $0.04kW/h so i litteraly dont care about Wattage my concern is max stable hashing speed, in any case they are running at av 180W)

btw DEV, you really want to make a difference? write the miner which will utilise 4 simultaneous  threads for the FE on Cryptonight addressing the 16Gb mem into 4Gb per thread, much like the 2x4Gb on the 64-56 getting 2000H/s from cryptonight.
   We only have a pair of Vega56s to test here and it seems that right now to get anything Vega-based is mission impossible. On Vega56 we are getting slightly better speed than Claymore but please only test on one rig first, and only after PhoenixMiner 2.5 is released (the official release will be most likely in Wednesday), as we have found that 2.4 and earlier versions can be occasionally unstable on highly overclocked rigs so we've made a lot of stability changes in 2.5.

While we see a CryptoNight version in our future, for now we are firmly focused on ethash, as we have a lot of features to add to PhoenixMiner.

can you please add the -tt command functionality? maybe it works? but its not listed in the readme or command list so i assume its not there currently.

this is my favorite feature on Claymore. auto fan speed control without having other software is extremely useful. without it, the cards to to target 85C and i dont want them running that hot. -tt 70 on claymore keeps eveything nice and kosher.
  No, it isn't supported in the current version (and won't be included in 2.5) but we have planned for it and we are definitely going to implement -tt and the clocks/voltate options in the near future (at least for AMD cards).

The problem is something else. Let me explain my situation. I have 7 rigs at home out of which 1 was running your miner and other were on claymore. I have another 20 rigs at my warehouse, all running claymore. All 27 rigs are on us1 servers of ethermine. At night all my home rig had connection issue but my warehouse rigs were fine. My internet connection was good as I was able to mine on other pools. us1 servers of ethermine was good as all my warehouse rigs were doing fine. It seems that us1 and eu servers of ethermine were blocking my IP after using your miner.

We have used three different ISPs to analyze the problem and we think we found what is causing it. Basically their servers are extremely busy and sometimes they refuse new connections (the devfee requires a different connection to the pool). This affects all miners but what seems to make matters a bit worse for us is the short default reconnect period of 7 seconds. So in version 2.5 we've increased the reconnect period to 20 seconds and added some failover devfee pools. However the network hashrate is increasing so fast that the pools are going to be strained for some time. It is best to have a least a few failover pools to avoid downtime as much as possible.

rockk

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 06:46:17 PM

how can we set more then 1 failover pool?Huh
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 121 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.