Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:17:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 499 »
  Print  
Author Topic: PhoenixMiner 6.2c: fastest Ethereum/Ethash miner with lowest devfee (Win/Linux)  (Read 784624 times)
opeth2112

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 02:30:48 AM

Is there a guide somewhere for exactly how the -gt option affects things?  What does it make changes to, and to what degree?

Thanks for the work!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nvidiademon

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 04:18:41 AM

Just gotta say Phoenix Miner is really impressive.  Made the switch from being a long time Claymore user.  11.5 was great but I have been able to hold solid gains with Phoenix and it is just WAY more stable at higher overclocks.  8 Nvidia 1070 ti's can get hold just below 33 MH/s AVERAGE.  So it dips in the mid 33.5 MH/s-ish at times!  The most I could hold was just below 32 each with claymore not shutting down with a Hang.  Thanks so much to the creator.  I heard positive things from following this thread from afar.  Glad I made the switch.  Keep up the good work!  Cheers
nitrobg

Activity: 413
Merit: 17

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 06:14:52 AM

Can you implement Claymore's auto tuning for best intensity per card?
timbojames

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 07:17:03 AM
Last edit: March 23, 2018, 09:36:10 AM by timbojames

Ive been trying PM 2.7c on a standalone desktop with R9 390 8GB (XFX).  I know this miner is focused on RX cards (which I have many of) but I have a fair number of R9 390s and I'm having a lot of hardware control problems.

I'm getting 'failure to set -tt error -1', but setting a static fan speed works.  However, the fan speed sticks even after I close the miner.  Similarly, my clocks and voltages will set (watching in GPU-Z), but they won't reset when the miner closes.  This is a big problem since when I try to launch a second time, it seems like a negative voltage offset stacks with the first and I get BSOD, driver crash, etc.  Regardless, I pretty much have to reboot to get it to start 'fresh'.  It definitely seems faster when I can get it to run, but I have some machines that need to start and stop on demand.

MSI AB works for all my hardware settings, but I really would like the miner to handle it all and go back to stock settings when it stops.  I have a few standalone desktops with one or two GPUs that I actually use and I like them to mine when idle (scheduled task) and stop when I sit down.  I also have one dedicated rig that I run on a schedule to control heat midday.  I've been running ethminer like this; scheduled task based on idle or time.  I was about to jump to Claymore on my idle use machines simply because of the hardware control features (which ethminer lacks) so I don't have to keep switching MSI AB profiles, and that's when I discovered PhoenixMiner.

I'm just curious if these hardware control issues may be on my end or are a known issue with R9 series cards.  I have tried 3 drivers in the 18 series, but I haven't gone back to 17.  I've tried it with MSI AB reset to defaults, MSI AB completely uninstalled, AMD settings running and AMD settings not-running.  I've lowered mining intensity and slowed DAG generation and all that, but the crashes really seem to be due to ridiculously low voltages on the second run of the miner, like PM is trying to stack a negative offset each time.  Bottom line is PM doesn't release the hardware settings when it closes, at least it doesn't on this GPU and I feel like that's where my problems are coming from.  I can run PM, close it, then run something like FurMark and all my clocks and voltages are still stuck on the PM settings.

I don't mean to sound high maintenance, just want to figure this out.  If it's a known issue, hopefully it's one that will get fixed, but no big deal.  Any input would be appreciated.
murgorx

Activity: 443
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 07:20:15 AM

Is anyone else also having a really smaller hashrate in comparison with, for example, last week? I've been mining and for the last 48 hours my hashrate at the ethermine pool has been 140mh/s ?! The local miner is showing constantly 30.5mh/s on all 5 cards? Is there a global hashrate drop or is it just the pool?
Iamtutut

Activity: 1120
Merit: 131

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 08:44:37 AM

Is anyone else also having a really smaller hashrate in comparison with, for example, last week? I've been mining and for the last 48 hours my hashrate at the ethermine pool has been 140mh/s ?! The local miner is showing constantly 30.5mh/s on all 5 cards? Is there a global hashrate drop or is it just the pool?
For weeks, with the same 3 RX 570 GPUs, I used to have 1-4% (4% was in "bad times") stale share rate with ethermine, recently it was 5-15% with the same settings (core 1150Mhz and mem between 2060 to 2130Mhz), although I've a HTTP internet. The miner was submitting shares with a 5ms average ping.
The last two days, I start mining at anorak tech pool (https://eth.anorak.tech/#/), not a single stale.

I briefly tried claymore 11.5, not any better.
twotwosix

Activity: 118

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 11:10:23 AM

For weeks, with the same 3 RX 570 GPUs, I used to have 1-4% (4% was in "bad times") stale share rate with ethermine, recently it was 5-15% with the same settings (core 1150Mhz and mem between 2060 to 2130Mhz), although I've a HTTP internet. The miner was submitting shares with a 5ms average ping.
The last two days, I start mining at anorak tech pool (https://eth.anorak.tech/#/), not a single stale.

Im testing with 9 rigs, in the pool Page i see 0 estales, but in Phoenix miner 1-4%
Iamtutut

Activity: 1120
Merit: 131

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 11:18:55 AM

Phoenix estimates the stale shares ratio, so it's not accurate. As you know, what's accurate is the pool. 1 1/2 day mining at anorak tech, no stale at all.
Mamasita22

Activity: 213
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 11:28:53 AM

Stales always will be, at least when block changes, share become stale for new block. But miner may don't send stales to the pool.
murgorx

Activity: 443
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 01:10:12 PM

Thanks a lot for the information mate. I will setup my rig now in the lunch break to start mining on this pool and I will wait 48 hours to see the results! Ethermine has been a really bad ride for me so far. I have tried mining a lot of coins and never saw a stale/rejected shares, just on ethermine it's  staling like crazy...
aurus33

Activity: 20

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 01:47:09 PM

Im testing with 9 rigs, in the pool Page i see 0 estales, but in Phoenix miner 1-4%

Interesting, I haven't used anorak, but after reading many many posts about it I started to wonder, is Anirak's pool really reporting stale shares?

In my experience, stales shares WILL happen... eventually, statistically, so having 0 stales, it makes me wonder. Yes, Ethermine shows a varying percentage, in my case from 2 to 5% and I still dont know how to fix it beside improving the ping, which wouldn't happen, ISP's are like that.

Just a friendly poke to all who're using Anorak's pool, review IF they actually report the stales.

--
aurus
BlivAK

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 03:46:47 PM

Phoenix estimates the stale shares ratio, so it's not accurate. As you know, what's accurate is the pool. 1 1/2 day mining at anorak tech, no stale at all.

I've just had a look at the Anorak pool some interesting facts as shown on their pool page (correct as at 15.46 UTC)

Miners Online : 155
Pool hashrate 36.23GH
Average time to find block: 25 hours
Last block found: 44 hours ago

Is it worth it in relation to text in BOLD?
ANewMiner

Activity: 15

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 03:54:38 PM

Ive had only 0.02 ETH since tuesday night, so yes, it would seem theres a drop, one thing Ive failed to understand is that (as mentioned before, each week ive been getting less and less, with 24/7 running) but how if you end up not mining for a while when you go back you almost seem to try make up for it, you seem to find a ton of shares initially and then it levels back up.  TBH with the cost of ETH going down, right now, I am wondering when I draw the line on is it cost effective.
Spidey999
Copper Member

Activity: 518

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 03:59:48 PM

@PhoenixMiner

I really like the stability and the speed, here it comes, but,
The stale share rate is really bad.
I have all AMD cards, on another miner I get <1 % stale shares.
PhoenixMiner gets 5% to 10% stale shares.

This really needs to be looked at. The additional hash rate that I get using Phoenix is eaten up
with stale shares. I'm loosing .35% of 5 to 10% of all the shares submitted.

I know this can be solved, I've seen it solved elsewhere.

thanks

Same here, but better hashrate stability with phoenix for me .. Not sure what to do..
janding

Activity: 170
Merit: 6

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 05:19:42 PM

Surprised that very few in this thread have discussed playing with the graphics tuning -gt
In all likelihood the default of 15 is not optimal for most cards, you guys are definitely leaving some hash on the table.

I agree.
I wrote up a procedure for manually tuning the cards for the best -gt values a few pages back.
It's time consuming if you heave lots of cards but well worth the exercise.
The default is not giving users the most hashes.

I hope PhoenixMiner decides to implement the auto tuning like Claymore did.
it takes a process that can take hours down to about 1 minute.

@PhoenxiMiner
Please implement the auto tune feature in a release soon.
It's a big deal.

opeth2112

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 06:42:25 PM

Surprised that very few in this thread have discussed playing with the graphics tuning -gt
In all likelihood the default of 15 is not optimal for most cards, you guys are definitely leaving some hash on the table.

I agree.
I wrote up a procedure for manually tuning the cards for the best -gt values a few pages back.

@PhoenxiMiner
It's a big deal.

Just read your earlier posts - so the -gt is only relevant for AMD cards?

Thanks!
ANewMiner

Activity: 15

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 07:51:48 PM

My biggest wish is that the inline tuning for AMD could be implemented for nvidia.. so that it can tune itself without having to restart.
janding

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 08:06:39 PM

I agree.

@PhoenxiMiner
It's a big deal.

Just read your earlier posts - so the -gt is only relevant for AMD cards?

Thanks!

I only use AMD Cards.
And yes. It is only good for AMD
janding

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 01:30:01 AM

I don't believe for a second that pool is reporting stale shares.
If the miner see's a stale share and it isn't reported at the pool, then the pool isn't reporting them
and they're lying to you.

The pool will always report more stale shares than the miner.
So yes, the miner can't see all the stale shares, but it it see's one then there was one.
PhoenixMiner (OP)

Activity: 357
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 07:13:35 AM

HI, is there an option to have my rig reboot i the speed drops below a set point?

I see that you can restart the miner but i want to restart the rig.

thanks, Robin
   You can combine the -minRigSpeed option with -rmode 2. This will shut down the miner and execute the reboot.bat file, which must be provided by you with the necessary command(s) to restart the rig (e.g. shutdown /r /t 00).

@PhoenixMiner

I really like the stability and the speed, here it comes, but,
The stale share rate is really bad.
I have all AMD cards, on another miner I get <1 % stale shares.
PhoenixMiner gets 5% to 10% stale shares.

This really needs to be looked at. The additional hash rate that I get using Phoenix is eaten up
with stale shares. I'm loosing .35% of 5 to 10% of all the shares submitted.

I know this can be solved, I've seen it solved elsewhere.

thanks
   The new AMD kernels in 2.8b will address both the hashrate and the stale shares. Don't expect miracles but there will be tangible improvements in both areas. With that being said, we (or any other miner) can only lower the stale shares that are caused by the kernel latency (and this is the number reported by PhoenixMiner). It can't be 10% for a long period of time - the highest we have seen is 4% with -mi 12 and 2% with the default -mi 10. With the new kernels it will be at or below 1% with -mi 12.

Is there a guide somewhere for exactly how the -gt option affects things?  What does it make changes to, and to what degree?

Thanks for the work!
   No guide, but it affects the rearrangement of instructions in attempt to hide the latency of the memory. You can try each value for a minute or so (until the hashrate stabilizes), then try with 10 more or less, and so on. Once you found the two best values, try each value between them to find the best one. It is kind of long process and should be repeated for each card unless they are identical and with the same overclocking settings and BIOS-es.

Can you implement Claymore's auto tuning for best intensity per card?
   We can implement something similar but only if it works more reliable. In our testing, Claymore's auto-tuning find the right -dcri option in his miner in only one from 10-15 attempts. With such success rate we feel that it is better to stick with the default value or tune manually.

Ive been trying PM 2.7c on a standalone desktop with R9 390 8GB (XFX).  I know this miner is focused on RX cards (which I have many of) but I have a fair number of R9 390s and I'm having a lot of hardware control problems.

I'm getting 'failure to set -tt error -1', but setting a static fan speed works.  However, the fan speed sticks even after I close the miner.  Similarly, my clocks and voltages will set (watching in GPU-Z), but they won't reset when the miner closes.  This is a big problem since when I try to launch a second time, it seems like a negative voltage offset stacks with the first and I get BSOD, driver crash, etc.  Regardless, I pretty much have to reboot to get it to start 'fresh'.  It definitely seems faster when I can get it to run, but I have some machines that need to start and stop on demand.

MSI AB works for all my hardware settings, but I really would like the miner to handle it all and go back to stock settings when it stops.  I have a few standalone desktops with one or two GPUs that I actually use and I like them to mine when idle (scheduled task) and stop when I sit down.  I also have one dedicated rig that I run on a schedule to control heat midday.  I've been running ethminer like this; scheduled task based on idle or time.  I was about to jump to Claymore on my idle use machines simply because of the hardware control features (which ethminer lacks) so I don't have to keep switching MSI AB profiles, and that's when I discovered PhoenixMiner.

I'm just curious if these hardware control issues may be on my end or are a known issue with R9 series cards.  I have tried 3 drivers in the 18 series, but I haven't gone back to 17.  I've tried it with MSI AB reset to defaults, MSI AB completely uninstalled, AMD settings running and AMD settings not-running.  I've lowered mining intensity and slowed DAG generation and all that, but the crashes really seem to be due to ridiculously low voltages on the second run of the miner, like PM is trying to stack a negative offset each time.  Bottom line is PM doesn't release the hardware settings when it closes, at least it doesn't on this GPU and I feel like that's where my problems are coming from.  I can run PM, close it, then run something like FurMark and all my clocks and voltages are still stuck on the PM settings.

I don't mean to sound high maintenance, just want to figure this out.  If it's a known issue, hopefully it's one that will get fixed, but no big deal.  Any input would be appreciated.
    PhoenixMiner resets the OC settings if it is closed "gracefully" with Ctrl+C in the console (but not if it is closed by clicking the X button in the top right corner of the console). However, there is no definitive (i.e. fully documented) way to reset the OC settings, so it may not work with some cards (it does work with Polaris cards and 18.x.x drivers). Note that when we apply clocks and voltages, it is always with absolute values and not offsets. A possible workaround is to add command-line option -resetoc that will force PhoenixMiner to reset the OC settings at startup. We are also considering resetting the OC settings even when the miner is closed forcibly but this may cause problems if some of the GPUs are frozen and the miner is trying to restart.

@PhoenxiMiner
It's a big deal.
  IF it works properly. And to do this, it must work much longer than 30 seconds (like at least 10 minutes).
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 499 »
  Print  

Jump to: