Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:44:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 [227] 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 ... 350 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] KRAKEN.COM - Exchange with USD EUR GBP JPY CAD BTC LTC XRP NMC XDG STR ETH  (Read 628600 times)
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 10:23:12 AM
Last edit: June 30, 2017, 10:50:52 AM by stereotype

Hey I have been waiting for the tier 3 verification for a few days now. I already had the 1 and 2 any estimation on how long its currently taking to get verified?

It might get faster since we are hiring more verification agents, but it could take 4 weeks or more unfortunately because we have a large backlog of accounts waiting for verification.

Once BTC price is $10,000 by winter all verifications for Gemini and Kraken will be approved! Tongue
Then all the new people can buy in and slide the slide back to $1,000.

Here is clever idea - why not pool together and do a verification system that approves you for all exchanges with one application!!??
Or maybe verify you based on being approved and trusted at another exchange.
Or maybe have a physical location where you can walk in and give blood and give your soul over to Lord Bitcorn. (Or just an ID.)

Funny to see people who have been using Coinbase for years not even ALLOWED to trade on Gemini at all. And not able to be verified to withdraw a single dollar on Kraken with no support response in weeks.

Sad for the industry right now. Looks like banks win this round. Way easier to setup a bank account. 15 minutes in and out.
And no excuse as Gemini and Kraken have had years already to prepare.

KYCcoin? Great idea. And we kinda do this cryptographic - ID association already, automatically, when you think about it.  

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aesma

Activity: 2380
Merit: 916

fly or die

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 01:17:05 PM

I've sent 10 more SEPA transfers, just less than 1000€ each, to Kraken yesterday (trying to fly under the radar, not sure how effective it is), my French bank took some hours to send them for some reason, still they are credited on Kraken now, so around 24h, not the shortest I've seen but nothing to complain about.

If Kraken has some kind of limits with its bank I'm not hitting it.
mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 06:16:01 PM

I've sent 10 more SEPA transfers, just less than 1000€ each, to Kraken yesterday (trying to fly under the radar, not sure how effective it is), my French bank took some hours to send them for some reason, still they are credited on Kraken now, so around 24h, not the shortest I've seen but nothing to complain about.

why do you use an UNLICENSED(illegal) exchanger(Kraken) when you have Bitstamp(a financial licensed exchanger in Europe)? Smiley
becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 06:47:25 PM

why do you use an UNLICENSED(illegal) exchanger(Kraken) when you have Bitstamp(a financial licensed exchanger in Europe)? Smiley

1. Why do we use UNLICENSED (illegal) currency (Bitcoin) when we have dollar and euro (financially licensed currencies in Europe)?
2. Bitstamp asked me to give them a notarized translation of the documents needed for verification. Obviously they don't have support speaking my language. Kraken have.
3. Bitstamp is a dollar exchange. If they claim they're European exchange why is their euro liquidity much less than their dollar liquidity?
mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 07:57:27 PM

1. Why do we use UNLICENSED (illegal) currency (Bitcoin) when we have dollar and euro (financially licensed currencies in Europe)?
2. Bitstamp asked me to give them a notarized translation of the documents needed for verification. Obviously they don't have support speaking my language. Kraken have.
3. Bitstamp is a dollar exchange. If they claim they're European exchange why is their euro liquidity much less than their dollar liquidity?

1. BTC is a so called "ASSet" Smiley and nothing more. The exchanger must be licensed because they are accepting and sending fiat. It doesn't matter in exchange for...what. They can exchange fiat to shit and shit to fiat. Once they are dealing with fiat, they must have a license.

2. Bitstamp asked you for a notarized translation of the documents because the law(AML, KYC) requires that. You can easily find a legal translator in your country if you really want to "trade". It's one time verification. Same thing it may happen with any genuine forex company(if you already traded, you should know)

3. Bitstamp(or other legal exchanger) is a financial licensed company and they can exchange anything they want(currency, assets) according to their license.

Dargo
Legendary

Activity: 1820

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 08:37:37 PM

have the opposite problem
withdrawal from kraken
two weeks
nothing happening
support is "investigating" without any news
no swift provided

can kraken steal funds?

Please post your ticket number and I can alert support to your ticket.
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 08:38:13 PM

Hey I have been waiting for the tier 3 verification for a few days now. I already had the 1 and 2 any estimation on how long its currently taking to get verified?

It might get faster since we are hiring more verification agents, but it could take 4 weeks or more unfortunately because we have a large backlog of accounts waiting for verification.

Have been waiting for almost 2 weeks by now Sad Do you mean verification might take 4 weeks from now or since application?

Since application.
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 08:41:34 PM

Ticket #413115: I'm a long lasting, 3rd tier verified customer. On June 27, I've made one single deposit of 4.0004 BTC (https://blockchain.info/address/1Co6woLrhz2yWKXAa8og3oxCqkdF2VAsSo) and with no obvious reason Kraken decided to put on hold 3 BTC out of 4... As per today I'm still waiting a follow up on my ticket... How long am I suppose to wait before Kraken release my funds? Should we start suspecting the reliability/integrity of Kraken?

Deposits have been released. The deposit came in 4 identical amounts of 1.0001 BTC under the same transaction ID. In such a case we put the identical amounts on hold until we can manually check to make sure the same deposit didn't get credited multiple times.
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 08:45:51 PM

Not something I'm going to discuss here, but we operate legally in Europe and elsewhere.
sartorpc

Activity: 300
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 11:06:08 PM

Hi, I am trying to get verified at Tier 2, I just got upgraded to tier 1, what would be the ETA? My account is Sartorpc.
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 12:06:32 AM

Quote from: Dargo
Deposits have been released. The deposit came in 4 identical amounts of 1.0001 BTC under the same transaction ID. In such a case we put the identical amounts on hold until we can manually check to make sure the same deposit didn't get credited multiple times.

I've seen that... Glad Kraken released my bitcoins. I'm curious though you believe "the deposit came in 4 identical amounts of 1.0001 BTC..." To me the deposit was sent in one go and the transaction ID does confirm it:

Anyway my case is now closed. Thanks for looking at it.

See it on this one and you can see Dargo is right: https://www.blocktrail.com/BTC/tx/852b69994009ffc3b99a882dbffc722c4c6d5c0111f334843b84e27c56dbe300
sgtwiggles

Activity: 50
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 10:40:18 AM

I use Kraken for the first time at the weekend.  
Was not smooth experience.  
Yesterday I made a withdrawal request for some EUR and then nothing.  No confirmation email.  
So today I spend 30 mins trying to log in but get pushed out by Cloud flare despite being on the same computer.  (right now I cant log in at all)
Eventually I log in and see my Euros still sitting there.  
I understand the transfer can take up to 5 business days but how long is it until Krakan ACTUALLY start the request?!  
They have my money.
flekkelek

Activity: 644
Merit: 274

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 12:46:20 PM

Yesterday I made a withdrawal request for some EUR and then nothing.  No confirmation email.  
So today I spend 30 mins trying to log in but get pushed out by Cloud flare despite being on the same computer.  (right now I cant log in at all)
I understand the transfer can take up to 5 business days but how long is it until Krakan ACTUALLY start the request?!  
They have my money.
How were you able to log in when you can't log in? I don't even understand the case.
Anyways you trusted them with your money, and it can take up to 5 business days, so why the heck are you asking this on the very first day? I'm not even sure you are in the same timezone as them. Do you think they will manually start your request on a sunday evening, or what?
Neopallium

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2017, 12:55:17 PM

I have been waiting a month for a CAD withdrawal to go through.  The withdrawal has been stuck in the "sending" status for a month.

Created a support request 2 weeks ago, but they didn't really help at all, just kept sending the same reply and closing my request.

Then they requested that I attach a screenshot of my bank account, but the support website doesn't support attachments and replying to the support emails doesn't do anything.  Asking for a screenshot of my bank account, seems to me to just be a way do delay doing any real work on the request.

A screenshot of my bank account is not going to show any useful information.  I had already included full details of my bank information and the withdrawal when I opened the request.

Please take a look at request #425160 (a follow-up of my original request).  #387314 was the original request I opened, but was closed and marked as resolved even though the issue hasn't been resolved.

I am about ready to try to fill a complaint against "Kraken Client Engagement" person "Will", since he just cared about marking my request a resolved, instead of doing any real work.  Customer really shouldn't have to be coming to a public forum to get someone to take their support request seriously.

Thanks,
Robert G. J.
torrentco

Activity: 2100
Merit: 418

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 12:58:30 PM

hey,

i made a ICN deposit of 2549 today morning.
txid id says the address has received the coins but my kraken balance doesnt show that.

what can i do?

txid: 0x1298bbad91ea560d75f994e26b10700e4837c757f0270f24d11e6debb4226388
Neopallium

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2017, 01:02:15 PM

They have my money.

Does the withdrawal page show the withdrawal request?  If the funds are still counted in your account, then the funds haven't been deducted for the withdrawal request.  I would try to create the withdrawal request again.  Maybe the first request failed to be recorded by Kraken's servers (bad HTTP request?  Cloud flare issue?).

I started a withdrawal request last month (still waiting for the funds to arrive), and I am sure the funds were deducted right away, before they even accepted the request.
aesma

fly or die

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 01:12:03 PM

Yes you shouldn't see your funds anymore if the request has been registered.

Since you mention Euro was it a SEPA withdrawal ?
sgtwiggles

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 01:53:32 PM

They have my money.
How were you able to log in when you can't log in? I don't even understand the case.
Anyways you trusted them with your money, and it can take up to 5 business days, so why the heck are you asking this on the very first day? I'm not even sure you are in the same timezone as them. Do you think they will manually start your request on a sunday evening, or what?

I said  "eventuality I was able to log in"

I was looking for help as a newbie but I can see that in the cryptoworld, newb questions are treated with disdain by unfriendly know-it-all types.

They have my money.

Does the withdrawal page show the withdrawal request?  If the funds are still counted in your account, then the funds haven't been deducted for the withdrawal request.  I would try to create the withdrawal request again.  Maybe the first request failed to be recorded by Kraken's servers (bad HTTP request?  Cloud flare issue?).

I started a withdrawal request last month (still waiting for the funds to arrive), and I am sure the funds were deducted right away, before they even accepted the request.

Thank you for your help. I will give it a try. And thanks for not being sarcastic or patronising.  Much appreciated.  Smiley

Kraken seems to have many problems judging by this thread.

Yes you shouldn't see your funds anymore if the request has been registered.

Since you mention Euro was it a SEPA withdrawal ?

Yes, SEPA.
sgtwiggles

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 02:15:58 PM

I have been waiting a month for a CAD withdrawal to go through.  The withdrawal has been stuck in the "sending" status for a month.

Created a support request 2 weeks ago, but they didn't really help at all, just kept sending the same reply and closing my request.

Then they requested that I attach a screenshot of my bank account, but the support website doesn't support attachments and replying to the support emails doesn't do anything.  Asking for a screenshot of my bank account, seems to me to just be a way do delay doing any real work on the request.

A screenshot of my bank account is not going to show any useful information.  I had already included full details of my bank information and the withdrawal when I opened the request.

Please take a look at request #425160 (a follow-up of my original request).  #387314 was the original request I opened, but was closed and marked as resolved even though the issue hasn't been resolved.

I am about ready to try to fill a complaint against "Kraken Client Engagement" person "Will", since he just cared about marking my request a resolved, instead of doing any real work.  Customer really shouldn't have to be coming to a public forum to get someone to take their support request seriously.

Thanks,
Robert G. J.

Hmm, If my money is ever sent, I hope I don't have to wait a month too!   Perhaps you should consider taking this in a legal direction. After all, its your money.  I wont be using Kraken again once I have my money.
aesma

fly or die

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 02:49:59 PM

When I first looked for an exchange years ago, I joined several, I don't think I tried Bitstamp, or maybe it didn't exist or wasn't on my radar. Kraken ended up the winner.

Today I have nothing good or bad to say about Bitstamp, however looking at their volume, they're a long way from Kraken, especially for BTC/EUR.
Pages: « 1 ... 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 [227] 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 ... 350 »
  Print  

Jump to: