Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:43:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 [275] 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 ... 350 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] KRAKEN.COM - Exchange with USD EUR GBP JPY CAD BTC LTC XRP NMC XDG STR ETH  (Read 628607 times)
crypt0dude

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 08:17:19 PM

Well, I can relate to your experiences and laid out the problems for whom (traders) and the main issue with their website is. Personally, I have no serious issues using Kraken and until now have great experiences with their support team. Yes, it's annoying to spend a good 5 minutes to get an order in lately, but I'm not daytrading anymore, because I couldn't close a short position as well (with profit) and ended up with a loss in the heat of the moment 10 minutes later. Compared to their competitors who deal with euro fiat, Kraken still is by far the best than the very few alternatives, unless you like to make selfies when you withdraw a good amount of fiat each time, which imho is childish and makes me want go back to the stock market, which I'm not. Like I said, why not use Kraken for short term trades and/or investments, rather than daytrade until the problems are fixed. If your living depends on daytrading, you can use the exchange you want and sent it to kraken to withdraw to fiat. I don't see the problem here, unless withdrawals are disabled for sustained periods of time.

I have spent the last hour (8-9AM GMT) trying to close a short position which was on profit and just closed it now on LOSS...thx...

@crypt0dude I'm very familiar with scaling challenges and Kraken does not have a "http requests" problem but a strategy/management one. You cannot handle peoples money this bad for so long. There is no transparency with what is going on, no communication, no time-frame, nothing etc. "Our dev are working hard on fixing" is not an answer. You cannot have your dev team work on your site on "black-friday" to optimize/scale it, you have to prepare for that long before.

Looking at trading volume kraken has more than $3mil monthly revenue, renting 100x high performance physical(baremetal) servers not that virtual machine rubbish, costs no more than $40k(which is obviously overkill). So why are we getting so many cloudflare errors? Api-enpoint failures? Is it because key systems where designed to scale just vertically or because they didn't bother to automate the horizontal scaling process and now is failing!?

I have registered specially to post this because recent comments said that things might have gotten back to normal which is just not true.

I hope Kraken get's back on track soon, but in the mean time somebody should tell us what is going on!!

Well, that's a pretty self defeating argument. As I've said, you cannot scale on http requests (which makes me think you don't know the difference between websockets vs http)... unless you want to make it more slow and eventually dos it. If you're so familiar with scaling challenges, you'd have agreed with me that web sockets is the way to go... and it's not that this is not known and being used by others. Renting more servers (scaling) does nothing when your fundamentals (networking stack) are not right. You cannot build a house on sand, build new rooms next to it to increase capacity and expect it will get better than it get worse. Just my 2 cents.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoTeng

Activity: 167
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 08:59:09 PM

Well, that's a pretty self defeating argument. As I've said, you cannot scale on http requests (which makes me think you don't know the difference between websockets vs http)... unless you want to make it more slow and eventually dos it. If you're so familiar with scaling challenges, you'd have agreed with me that web sockets is the way to go... and it's not that this is not known and being used by others. Renting more servers (scaling) does nothing when your fundamentals (networking stack) are not right. You cannot build a house on sand, build new rooms next to it to increase capacity and expect it will get better than it get worse. Just my 2 cents.

in the end you are saying that Kraken is too incompetent on running a trade platform. If it is so easy, then the problems should have been solved long ago, as these problems started months of not years ago. Even when they would have had to get a new dev team (which I strongly advise to Kraken, as the current one then seems too incompetent when drawing conclusions from your statement) they should have had sufficient time to scale there systems according to trading volumes etc
CryptoTeng

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 09:09:51 PM

Well, I can relate to your experiences and laid out the problems for whom (traders) and the main issue with their website is. Personally, I have no serious issues using Kraken and until now have great experiences with their support team. Yes, it's annoying to spend a good 5 minutes to get an order in lately, but I'm not daytrading anymore, because I couldn't close a short position as well (with profit) and ended up with a loss in the heat of the moment 10 minutes later. Compared to their competitors who deal with euro fiat, Kraken still is by far the best than the very few alternatives, unless you like to make selfies when you withdraw a good amount of fiat each time, which imho is childish and makes me want go back to the stock market, which I'm not. Like I said, why not use Kraken for short term trades and/or investments, rather than daytrade until the problems are fixed. If your living depends on daytrading, you can use the exchange you want and sent it to kraken to withdraw to fiat. I don't see the problem here, unless withdrawals are disabled for sustained periods of time.

All of this would be acceptable if Kraken would not claim to be the "Best Bitcoin Exchange" on their website. If they are not up to the task to deal with daytraders, then they can at least be honest about it. The current promotion of Kraken on their website is in all senses disrespectful to every client, as it is a plain lie seeing the current state of service which has been the standard state for months (maybe years even).
pehoko

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 10:47:08 PM

Obviously Kraken uses wrong incompatible platform for trading. There's dozens exchanges which are working perfectly with thousand clients and hundred kinds of coins.
thenarog

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 03:27:01 PM

"Service is currently disabled. Please try again later"

It's a shame. Impossible to withdraw anything. Fucking shame. When you will be man on this website ?
btctube

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 04:02:25 PM

"Service is currently disabled. Please try again later"

It's a shame. Impossible to withdraw anything. Fucking shame. When you will be man on this website ?

That isn't what it it this time for me. Everything seem to work good. I just withdraw my ripples to gatehub wallet and it went through. They weren't doing what Bittrex had done though but maybe they will be soon so you might just be keeping your  coins on your desktop wallet if you aren't into sending IDs.
Dan_yuzh

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 06:08:22 AM

Hello!
My email on custom domain got down (i have no longer access to this domain).

So my funds on Kraken are now unavailable (i can't verify new deposit addresses).
I've opened a ticket with Kraken support (#870762) 3 days ago but I've got no answer. I tried to escalate it through Google Forms but still no reply.

Is it even possible to change the main email without access to the current one? I am level 2 verified and I can prove my identity with photos of documents.

Thanks.

Kloug

Activity: 140
Merit: 20

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 10:17:41 PM

I'm now on Bitfinex & Bitstamp, and still had some money left on Kraken. Decided to buy some EOS that was low enough.. I don't know if it's sad or hilarious.. but it took me 45min of fiddling, trying to place orders / cancelling doubles.. and of course by the time it had already rised back.
And I can't even tell why there would be so much activity right now - nothing special is happening.

So I moved nearly all my money out. At this point, months later, the "we suddenly got too many users and we have to upgrade our servers to cope with it" excuse doesn't work anymore. It sounds more like "we're going bankrupt but we can't announce it yet". Bye Kraken, moving out while it's still time.
The only thing I still have there are REPs, because Bitfinex doesn't have them. And of course, all the fractions of coins that are unsellable, and that you keep for yourself. That must be quite some money for you, in all user accounts.

Wasn't that Roger Ver asshole behind Kraken? Sad that he can't put his money in maintenance, instead of wasting it pumping the BCH.
xlaren

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 02:39:09 AM

I requested a withdrawal. $25k on November 12, 2017.

Without any explanation couple of days later I saw in my Kraken account that the withdrawal failed.

I tried another withdrawal today but Kraken limited it maximum to $14,936.61.

Sent a request ticket to the support (884326). Silence so far.

Really not feeling good about this whole situation. Feels like money is held hostage at this sketchy exchange.

Any ideas how to get the money back?
CryptoTeng

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 07:27:17 AM
Last edit: November 20, 2017, 07:44:59 AM by CryptoTeng

Without any explanation couple of days later I saw in my Kraken account that the withdrawal failed.

Really not feeling good about this whole situation. Feels like money is held hostage at this sketchy exchange.

Continue trying to reach them, use different forums etc. But if they still continue to ignore you then it might turn into a problem.
Withholding a clients money for no reason is a criminal act as they actually would be trying to steal your money, and if they dont react soon you might have to get a lawyer. Sorry to say so.

This level of service just fits in the picture with Kraken's level of service of its trading engine. The latest error rates:
Seeing that the trade volume dropped dramatically over the weekend, one would have expected a great reduction in error rates, at one point error rates even dropped below 70%, but this was when the BTC/USD volume was around 1.5-1.8k.

On 100 orders to be placed:
36 Eservice unavailable
0 Eservice: Busy
Total calls 100 + 36 + 0 = 136

Eservice unavailable: 36 /136*100%= 26.47%
Eservice Busy: 0 /136*100%= 0.00%
Unknowns: 78/136= 57.35% of total calls (unknowns need to be checked whether placed or not in open orders, therefore counted as error in API responses. It regularly happens that unknowns are not placed, the however percentage which are placed and which not is strongly variable)

Total error rate = (36 + 0 + 78)/136*100% = 83.82%
Service close to non-existing....

Concluding from this, error rates are still unacceptable, even when Krakens daily trade volume was roughly half during the weekend compared to weekdays last week. In particular the unknowns error rate is unacceptable, because one does not know what happened to the order and thereby increases the risk of double placements. Furthermore, we really wonder for which minimal volume Kraken's trade system was designed when it it is not capable of delivering a working service at these low trades volumes as were seen this weekend.

Let's hope that things change for the better soon, or that Kraken closes it's doors until they solved these issues.
Kraken-Septimus

Activity: 338
Merit: 101

https://support.kraken.com

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2017, 02:15:44 PM

Greetings.

I need to buy $ 18,000 in Bitcoin. The last time I used Kraken, my deposit became effective in one day.

The problem is that now my bank, it takes a month to make the transfers effective ...

Do you consider it risky to transfer $ 18,000 to Kraken knowing that it will be effective in a month?

What if Kraken with so many problems does not exist in a month?

Do you know of another place to buy BTC by international transfer at market price? or at the lowest possible price?

My options are Xapo and CEX.IO, but these 2 sell 3% to 5% above the market price normally.

What other Exchanges do you recommend?

Thank you.

Hi Lostworld. The longest transfer time we have is a Canadian wire which can take up to 12 business days. Any other transfer is typically automatically credited within 5 business days. Have you opened a ticket about the long wait time for your transfer? If not, I would suggest opening a ticket here and escalating that ticket using this form.

Thanks for your patience.

Hello!

So my funds on Kraken are now unavailable (i can't verify new deposit addresses).
I've opened a ticket with Kraken support (#870762) 3 days ago but I've got no answer. I tried to escalate it through Google Forms but still no reply.

Is it even possible to change the main email without access to the current one? I am level 2 verified and I can prove my identity with photos of documents.

Thanks.

Hi Dan_yuzh. I'm sorry to hear you've lost access to your email account. That must be a pain! I would suggest you escalate your ticket using this form. Thanks!

Hi xlaren. Don't worry, we aren't holding your money hostage! Usually this happens if there is a mistake in the banking information or an issue with that specific bank you're withdrawing to. Please escalate your ticket using this form. Thanks!

Unlock futures trading with Kraken's Crypto Facilities acquisition!
Do you need support? Please open a ticket here and escalate that ticket using this form.
Bonez0r

Activity: 141

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 03:33:12 PM
Last edit: November 20, 2017, 05:35:35 PM by Bonez0r

I have heard that the iOS app works without problems. Can anyone confirm?

Feature request: Can we please also have an Android app? Why only iOS? There are unofficial Kraken apps that i don't trust on google's playstore. An official app would be great.
torrentco

Activity: 2114
Merit: 418

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 07:04:20 PM

Well last activity on my ticket from almost 5 months ago was updated 15 mins ago.

I can't tell if its a good or bad update... There is now no longer someone assigned to my ticket... lol

what was your problem?
i am thinking of depositing to their bank account via swift but the increasing number of the tickets lately scares me a lot.
is your problem also swift related?

Dear Kraken support,
there were a few peoples whose swifts were missing a few pages back,is there any update about their stiuation?
CryptoTeng

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 07:33:12 PM

Well last activity on my ticket from almost 5 months ago was updated 15 mins ago.

I can't tell if its a good or bad update... There is now no longer someone assigned to my ticket... lol

what was your problem?
i am thinking of depositing to their bank account via swift but the increasing number of the tickets lately scares me a lot.

Dear Kraken support,
there were a few peoples whose swifts were missing a few pages back,is there any update about their stiuation?

We can only strongly advise against starting to trade/continue to trade on Kraken atm. After they have your money your problems will most surely start. And be it only trying to place a position which is barely possible at Kraken for some months now (unless you want to spent 15min of trying to a place single position, including checking whether it was placed or not, or maybe already traded. Double placements are the common result of not knowing what the beep happened to your position)

Go to Bitfinex, Coinbase, CEX or any other platform you can think of, but avoid these liars at Kraken.
Kraken-Septimus

Activity: 338

https://support.kraken.com

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2017, 08:00:35 PM

what was your problem?

Dear Kraken support,

Hi torrentco! We are not experiencing any funding issues with SWIFT. Deposits can go missing if the sender or the bank changes or omits wiring instructions. I wouldn't be able to get into specifics about other people's tickets, but if the funds don't reach your Kraken account they are returned to your bank account.

Please let us know if you need anything else.

Unlock futures trading with Kraken's Crypto Facilities acquisition!
Do you need support? Please open a ticket here and escalate that ticket using this form.
CryptoTeng

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 08:08:45 PM

what was your problem?

Dear Kraken support,

Hi torrentco! We are not experiencing any funding issues with SWIFT. Deposits can go missing if the sender or the bank changes or omits wiring instructions. I wouldn't be able to get into specifics about other people's tickets, but if the funds don't reach your Kraken account they are returned to your bank account.

Please let us know if you need anything else.
@Kraken-Septimus
But you're experiencing tons off other issues. Like withdrawel issues. How many people were barely able to withdraw money lately? Just scroll through the pages and you will see a lot.

How about constant intentional misleading of customers seeing the current state of trading service. Just take a look at the error logs posted here. Oh yeah, you're trying to ignore them as they plainly show the state of Kraken's abysmal trading engine.

Maybe you dont have SWIFT issues, but that could then be about the only thing working on your page.

This post of yours just shows the intention of misleading customers in it most obvious form.

STOP YOUR LIES. OR STOP KRAKEN. Or how about finally delivering the promised service...?
kraken-protocol

Activity: 38

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 08:26:16 PM

My account has been locked for 3 days and there hasnt been much update on that
Ticket 857918
I have escalated it through your google spreadsheet and replied to your support staff suki as well
But havent heard back since then

This ticket was solved last Friday.  Please be cautious in the future, and see the following for guidance on how to secure your account:

How to Secure Your Account:
https://support.kraken.com/hc/en-us/articles/201396837-Securing-Your-Account
kraken-protocol

Activity: 38

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 08:34:13 PM

Hello!

Thanks.

An agent has responded to you, but the agent has informed you that we can't click on links that you send in support tickets for security reasons.  Please follow the agent's instructions to proceed.
CryptoTeng

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 08:44:24 PM

@ kraken-protocol:

Hi there,

are you still interested in getting our error logs? You never got back to us after we offered to discuss these issues and provide more info here in the forum as it is an issue interesting to more users than just us?

Or are the logs posted enough for your analysis of the problem?

Last possibility. Or was it really just a try to get our Kraken identity so you can ban us there and thereby prevent more error logs from being posted?

Best regards
CrazYballS61

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 12:16:20 PM

Withdrawals are not currently available

Withdrawals are not currently available in your account for this asset. Your account funding limits may have been exceeded or the asset may be tied up in open orders or positions. If not, it is probably just a temporary technical issue - please check back later and contact support if the problem persists.

I'm waiting now over 2 days, is this normal?
Support says wait and try later <- rly?!
Pages: « 1 ... 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 [275] 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 ... 350 »
  Print  

Jump to: