Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:23:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 163 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Setup & Troubleshoot] Bitmain AntMiner S1 180GH/S miner  (Read 452140 times)
baxyn

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 01:27:59 PM

Once again:

If your router range is 192.168.1.1 you are not able to connect to the range of a 192.168.2.xxx miner!

Press RESET button for 5 seconds, let the router restart. The IP will setup automatic to 192.168.1.99

Now you can connect to the miner over your Lan network.

I did this, twice. Pressed reset button for over 10 seconds, then connected the miner to LAN. And can't access 192.168.1.99. Advanced IP Scanner doesn't see the miner.
Is there anything else I can do?

Did you power cycle the miner after you pressed the reset button?
Yes, three times already, waiting even several minutes before switching on again. Ping to 192.168.1.99 says, host is not available.
I managed to see control panel of the miner twice. It was during first several seconds after turning the miner (connected directly to laptop with Ethernet cable). However, I did not finish changing the pool address etc.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 02:59:18 PM

Once again:

If your router range is 192.168.1.1 you are not able to connect to the range of a 192.168.2.xxx miner!

Press RESET button for 5 seconds, let the router restart. The IP will setup automatic to 192.168.1.99

Now you can connect to the miner over your Lan network.

I did this, twice. Pressed reset button for over 10 seconds, then connected the miner to LAN. And can't access 192.168.1.99. Advanced IP Scanner doesn't see the miner.
Is there anything else I can do?

Did you power cycle the miner after you pressed the reset button?
Yes, three times already, waiting even several minutes before switching on again. Ping to 192.168.1.99 says, host is not available.
I managed to see control panel of the miner twice. It was during first several seconds after turning the miner (connected directly to laptop with Ethernet cable). However, I did not finish changing the pool address etc.

easiest way:
1) connect your computer and the antminer with an ethernet cable
2) set your pc's ipv4 settings to an address  192.168.2.1
3) you should now be able to scan for and/or go to the antminer's ip address, change the settings on it for 192.168.1.XXX, reboot, and reconnect everything the way it was before

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
ewibit
Legendary

Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 03:51:57 PM

Is anyone else having strange issues with WiFi? I have my miner going on WiFi without issues, but I'm unable to log into the miner to check anything unless I connect a cable to it first. Once I disconnect the cable, I can access it via WiFi, but once I power the unit off, I have to connect a cable to it to connect again.
same problem here...
Delarock

Activity: 388
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 04:50:50 PM

Is anyone else having strange issues with WiFi? I have my miner going on WiFi without issues, but I'm unable to log into the miner to check anything unless I connect a cable to it first. Once I disconnect the cable, I can access it via WiFi, but once I power the unit off, I have to connect a cable to it to connect again.
same problem here...

I think I lost connection. I'm going to have to figure out a way to use an old router as a bridge/switch/hub/whatever.

Does anyone know if I can run both units off of the same PCI connector? The connectors all end in a Y. Can I plug one end into one half and the other end into the other half? If you tell me what power settings I need to look for, I can find it. The unit is stock and has not been overclocked. I'm running two separate PCI connectors, one into each half for now.
Guava

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 04:53:47 PM

same problem here...

I think I lost connection. I'm going to have to figure out a way to use an old router as a bridge/switch/hub/whatever.

Does anyone know if I can run both units off of the same PCI connector? The connectors all end in a Y. Can I plug one end into one half and the other end into the other half? If you tell me what power settings I need to look for, I can find it. The unit is stock and has not been overclocked. I'm running two separate PCI connectors, one into each half for now.

You will have to monitor the temperature of the cable if you try running both blades on the same cable. I wouldnt recommend it.

1J1VmJKZbeEvNCxTtpcouini15RDkMchRP
BotwinBG

Activity: 588

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 04:57:38 PM

same problem here...

You will have to monitor the temperature of the cable if you try running both blades on the same cable. I wouldnt recommend it.

+1. Running both blades off a pci-e Y connector is a good way to fill your server room/apartment/house with a smell of burned plastics.

AMEPAY
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
AMEPAY IEO
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
AMEPAY LISTING
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
klondike_bar
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 05:18:08 PM

same problem here...

+1. Running both blades off a pci-e Y connector is a good way to fill your server room/apartment/house with a smell of burned plastics.

+1. pushing over 400W through a single PCI cable is how most equipment fires and melted plastic occur. If you look at the bitfury thread, almost every incidence of ruined PCI cables came from people using the 2-ended PCI lead and trying to run more than a half rig on it (ie: 400-700W)

If you need extra 12V lines, cut the tip off 2x2-pin ATX mobo connector - it will give you 4 thick power lines that are ideal for a single blade

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
Delarock

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 05:24:33 PM

Good to know, thanks.

Now to just solve this weird WiFi problem.
elduce

Activity: 90

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 05:49:03 PM

For me WiFi issue was solved. Switched WAN to DHCP and after reboot miner uses WiFi.

Credit goes to mwax321 ,
Hi guys
i'm stuck with WiFi settings Sad

I've created WWAN interface with WiFi in "Client" mode and enabled DHCP. Assigned it to firewall zone wan.
Once i power on Ant with unattached ethernet cable, i can see in my router console that Ant connected via WiFi and has IP 192.168.1.95, but nothing works (ssh/ping/Luci webpage).
If I attach ethernet after few seconds it's recognized by router with default ip 192.168.1.99. Then everything works from both IPs (ssh/ping/Luci webpage)
If i simply deattach ethernet, it falls down again, BUT if i first stop WAN interface from console, Ant switches to WWAN, and works perfectly.

i checked iptables and it seems that for each wan interface the same rule was added for wlan0.
Do i need to add static routes or something else?

I had your EXACT same problem (even the same static IP .99 lol) and I found out the solution:

• Ensure your WiFi settings are 100% correct
  • Edit the WAN settings to use DCHP instead of static IP. So now wireless and LAN are BOTH setup for DCHP
  • Restart without lan cable plugged in, and within 2-3 min it should start mining.

This worked for me. I'm not sure why this works, but it works. It could be that it's re-writing the full config file again, and if this is the case, you can later revert the WAN settings back to static. I haven't tried this to confirm the ACTUAL problem. I only found the solution.

By the way, i tried to push it further and changed asic frequency to 425. Obviously very low temps don't help OCing in this case, i've got a lot of HW errors and unstable 190-200 hashrate. Returned back to 400 now.

Delarock

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 06:16:24 PM

For me WiFi issue was solved. Switched WAN to DHCP and after reboot miner uses WiFi.

Credit goes to mwax321 ,
Hi guys

I've created WWAN interface with WiFi in "Client" mode and enabled DHCP. Assigned it to firewall zone wan.
Once i power on Ant with unattached ethernet cable, i can see in my router console that Ant connected via WiFi and has IP 192.168.1.95, but nothing works (ssh/ping/Luci webpage).
If I attach ethernet after few seconds it's recognized by router with default ip 192.168.1.99. Then everything works from both IPs (ssh/ping/Luci webpage)
If i simply deattach ethernet, it falls down again, BUT if i first stop WAN interface from console, Ant switches to WWAN, and works perfectly.

i checked iptables and it seems that for each wan interface the same rule was added for wlan0.

I had your EXACT same problem (even the same static IP .99 lol) and I found out the solution:

• Edit the WAN settings to use DCHP instead of static IP. So now wireless and LAN are BOTH setup for DCHP
  • Restart without lan cable plugged in, and within 2-3 min it should start mining.

This worked for me. I'm not sure why this works, but it works. It could be that it's re-writing the full config file again, and if this is the case, you can later revert the WAN settings back to static. I haven't tried this to confirm the ACTUAL problem. I only found the solution.

By the way, i tried to push it further and changed asic frequency to 425. Obviously very low temps don't help OCing in this case, i've got a lot of HW errors and unstable 190-200 hashrate. Returned back to 400 now.

Are you able to log into the miner using the IP that the router assigns it?
klondike_bar
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 06:57:06 PM

Credit goes to mwax321 ,
Hi guys

Are you able to log into the miner using the IP that the router assigns it?

so this is working? I have another antminer coming today and have run out of wired ports so would like to do wireless so long as its not impairing the hashing process

Delarock

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 07:17:51 PM

Before I added this AntMiner, I was running 4 BFL units off a netbook. The netbook has an ethernet port and a wireless adapter. Is there any way that I can connect the Antminer to my wireless network through my netbook? I'm not sure if it would be more reliable, but this would solve my current problem.
klondike_bar
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 07:35:44 PM

Before I added this AntMiner, I was running 4 BFL units off a netbook. The netbook has an ethernet port and a wireless adapter. Is there any way that I can connect the Antminer to my wireless network through my netbook? I'm not sure if it would be more reliable, but this would solve my current problem.

assuming you get an internet link through the ethernet, you should be able to use windows to 'bridge' the connections. to do so:
go to network settings page where it shows all the connections (should show lan, wireless, any usb modems, etc)
click/highlight both the wired and wireless that you want to bridge, and right click -> bridge connections
this should push the internet connection through the netbook to share with the bridged device.

I have something similar in my network right now since my cable line is down for a few days (and 800GH of equipment needs a connection!)
cell Phone- tethered via USB - USB port - Bridged with wired connection - ethernet to router's WAN - router provides LAN to equipment

the only issue is that the bridging does not let me visit the ip addresses of equipment on the router. to do this, i use the computer's wifi to connect to the router and thus see all other connected devices.

darthvictor

Activity: 23

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 09:50:20 PM

I'm having trouble setting it up. Here's a screenshot of the log: https://i.imgur.com/cjUQhca.png

Looks like I'm hanging on updating cgminer? I'm not sure what the troubleshoot is telling me to do. Is this correct? https://i.imgur.com/AfRl9bX.jpg

Any help appreciated. Thanks!
klondike_bar
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 11:10:07 PM

I'm having trouble setting it up. Here's a screenshot of the log: https://i.imgur.com/cjUQhca.png

Looks like I'm hanging on updating cgminer? I'm not sure what the troubleshoot is telling me to do. Is this correct? https://i.imgur.com/AfRl9bX.jpg

your pools (miner configuration) are not correct - the log shows it skipping between all 3 unsuccessfully

dont include any 'stratum+tcp' or 'http' in the address, and put the port in the proper column. can you screenshot the pool config page if its still not working?

darthvictor

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 11:26:44 PM

your pools (miner configuration) are not correct - the log shows it skipping between all 3 unsuccessfully

dont include any 'stratum+tcp' or 'http' in the address, and put the port in the proper column. can you screenshot the pool config page if its still not working?

Here's a screenshot of the minre configuration:
https://i.imgur.com/7vmSQ7H.png
Guava

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 11:31:15 PM

I had the same problem when I forgot to add "Custom DNS server" in WAN setup. CGminer couldnt connect to internet. I use google 8.8.8.8

1J1VmJKZbeEvNCxTtpcouini15RDkMchRP
dentldir

Activity: 333

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 11:32:59 PM

I've got an AntMiner S1 from one of the early auctions that just stopped mining about an hour ago.  I've made no configuration changes and I've never tried to overclock it.  Its on a 750W power supply all by itself and has been since the beginning.

Any ideas?  If this is a warranty situation I'd like to get the process started sooner rather than later.

snip...

[2014-01-14 22:32:03] Popping work to stage thread
Killed
root@antMiner:~#

I'm not sure what killed cgminer but it was killed off automatically.

Hi!!

Have the same problem you have with your ANT but in my last two ANTS, did you fix it?

Let me know!

It turned out to be a server problem despite the available evidence.  The unit started mining again on its own.

All my other miners on btcguild were working when the AntMiner went out so I was convinced it was something with the unit.  Running cgminer manually didn't really give any good feedback because the process was killed automatically by cgminer-monitor I suspect.

1DentLdiRMv3dpmpmqWsQev8BUaty9vN3v
klondike_bar
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 11:39:04 PM

I had the same problem when I forgot to add "Custom DNS server" in WAN setup. CGminer couldnt connect to internet. I use google 8.8.8.8
pool info looks okay, try the DNS 8.8.8.8 as suggested. thats likely the issue

darthvictor

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 11:45:23 PM

pool info looks okay, try the DNS 8.8.8.8 as suggested. thats likely the issue

Yup that was the problem. Thanks!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 163 »
  Print  

Jump to: