Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:07:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6391 6392 6393 6394 6395 6396 6397 6398 6399 6400 6401 6402 6403 6404 6405 6406 6407 6408 6409 6410 6411 6412 6413 6414 6415 6416 6417 6418 6419 6420 6421 6422 6423 6424 6425 6426 6427 6428 6429 6430 6431 6432 6433 6434 6435 6436 6437 6438 6439 6440 [6441] 6442 6443 6444 6445 6446 6447 6448 6449 6450 6451 6452 6453 6454 6455 6456 6457 6458 6459 6460 6461 6462 6463 6464 6465 6466 6467 6468 6469 6470 6471 6472 6473 6474 6475 6476 6477 6478 6479 6480 6481 6482 6483 6484 6485 6486 6487 6488 6489 6490 6491 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722497 times)
Diego24

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 12:59:50 PM

Cool story.  Now let's get back on topic.
It is not a story.

https://getmonero.org/2017/05/17/disclosure-of-a-major-bug-in-cryptonote-based-currencies.html

You are very worried about Dash ... maybe you should start worrying about your own coin.

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NibiruHybrid

Activity: 1204
Merit: 260

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 01:15:52 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2018, 03:39:49 PM by mprep

CoinGate Crypto Payment Processor Review

CoinGate is a service that allows you to buy / sell bitcoin and also provides a payment gateway with both online and traditional POS options. They use shapeshift to allow the use of “altcoins” including Dash.  Coingate charges a 1% processing fee for using the gateway services.  They allow for withdrawal in fiat currencies through a number of different options including PayPal.

NibiruHybrid

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 01:28:44 PM
Last edit: September 21, 2017, 03:12:56 PM by NibiruHybrid

Damn - Monero has some really big problems right now!

I'm not really surprised to see Monero trolls in the Dash thread trying to kick up a stink as we're the coin to beat and launched before they did.

Can someone please explain to me why Monero Avg Transactions Fees are over $100 for last 5 days!!!!

No Fluff just Facts!

Diego24

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 01:42:49 PM

Damn - Monero has some really big problems right now!

I'm not really surprised to see Monero trolls in the Dash thread trying to kick up a stink as we're the coin to beat and launched before they did.

Can someone please explain to me why Monero Avg Transactions are over $100 for last 5 days!!!!

No Fluff just Facts!

Lol, poor Monzero  Cheesy
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 01:48:05 PM

Can someone please explain to me why Monero Avg Transactions are over $100 for last 5 days!!!!

Don't you mean fees ?
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 02:05:14 PM

Is the dashninja.pl offline ?
Is owner aware?

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2017, 02:05:30 PM

Instant send was fixed but since the new release is out soon it was bundled into that. Dash has a history of delivering everything thats promised.

Monero doesn't even have 'releases'. You just grab the latest dev version and hope it works.
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2017, 02:07:19 PM

Is the dashninja.pl offline ?
Is owner aware?

Yes looks offline to me too qwizzie
NibiruHybrid

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 03:14:45 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2018, 03:39:28 PM by mprep

NeoCash Radio Appearance on DIP001, Venezuela Conferences, and August’s Crowdfunded London Trip

Last night I went on NeoCash Radio again to talk about all the amazing things happening in the Dash community lately. We covered DIP001 (the first of the Dash Improvement Proposals), soon-to-be lowered fees in a world where many top cryptocurrencies are going up in transaction cost, and the amazing success of the Dash Caracas conferences in Venezuela. We also gave a special shoutout to August Domanchuk, NeoCash fan and aspiring developer who crowdfunded his trip to the London conference.

CraigWrightBTC

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 04:46:05 PM

Instant send was fixed but since the new release is out soon it was bundled into that. Dash has a history of delivering everything thats promised.

Yes it has made impact on dashcoin's price. Dash has advanced on it’s short term ascending channel which started forming after a major support test in $220 range. It’s overall in a positive bias and might test $400 level soon.
DASH continues to trend higher in the higher time frame charts with major resistance expected at 412.20.
Price action broke above minor resistance at 330.00 on Monday signaling increasing bull momentum.
At 362.00, chances of a break above immediate resistance at 412 is likely.
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 05:07:54 PM

Dash Force MVP Contest Winners for August – September 2017

The winners of the August – September Dash Force Most Valuable Players Contest are…
https://www.dashforcenews.com/dash-force-mvp-contest-winners-august-september-2017/

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
Dcrstats

Activity: 714
Merit: 529

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 05:46:28 PM

Is there any updates about Evolution? When should it hit mainnet?
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 06:07:36 PM

Is there any updates about Evolution? When should it hit mainnet?

https://github.com/dashpay/dash-roadmap

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
GummyDwarf

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 06:12:51 PM

Guys, please answer, since when does monero have a masternode? where is this information at?
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 06:14:44 PM

Guys, please answer, since when does monero have a masternode? where is this information at?

It was already answerred, Monero does not have masternodes.

lesterdesa

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

IAM FOR REAL not you

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 01:08:39 AM

What a waste of time ...

DARK AS HELL --  XxmMBeX4BgAeHFfw3UXGwekH6b9hCL3FK
tu7275301youz@163.com

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 02:16:38 AM

Looking out for more information about this on the blogs!
profitgenerator212

Merit: 251

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 02:31:14 AM

* What if nodes/miners decide to censor or discriminate transactions above 10,000$...

You're conflating fungibility of the coin supply with "fungibility" of the transacting environment.

They are distinct.

No they are not. You either have fungibility or not. You can't pretend to have fungibility while actually not having it.

It's the same as privacy on Dash. You either have it or you dont. If the TX can be traced back via some blockchain analysis, then you neither have privacy nor fungibility. So why pretend that you do?

you literally have to enforce equality on the blockchain, by anonymizing everything, but leaving it cryptographically verifiable and secure.[/b]

Information for you:

Encrypted blockchains are far less "verifiable" and far less "secure" than unencrypted ones.

Yeah it's called public key cryptography, you can verify the  encrypted block with the public key, that is why Monero supplies a pubkey as well as an additional layer of privacy which you would normally not share.

Not to mention slow transaction times, bloated blockchain, almost non existant official releases, not very many full nodes on the network, and of course the opaque blockchain in which you have to trust there is no bad actor stealthily minting coins they shouldn't. But apart from that. Hey at least Monero has a graphical UI these days. It took a while.

Whoah hold on there buddy that is pure disinformation.

From what I researched Monero has over 1k nodes, well geographically dispersed, pretty decent for a project of it's size, while Dash's Masternode allegations still stand, due to it's costly nature we don't know whether it's the orignal devs setup the Masternodes or not, I personally highly doubt that many people have that much money to throw out on a node so, at the very least people should be vigilant about the Masternodes. So a sybil attack is more probable on Dash.

And you also seem to confuse Monero with Zcash. It's Zcash that has a totally non-transparent blockchain with "trusted" initialization. Monero is decentralized and trustless.

Now I don't know about "bloated blockchain", that's such a redundant term, almost everyone uses it to criticize a competitor. And the last time I sent a Monero TX (wasn't that long ago), the TX confirmed pretty quickly with decent fees.

So I think you are just trying to discredit Monero here from a competitor's point of view.

You are right on the GUI part though, I really had to learn the console commands just to make a wallet, pretty gruesome nerdy work, but I think it was worth it. A better GUI and possible mobile apps and such should be put out in the future though.

Thanks for tackling the FUD generated by the Evan's Gate cult to keep their members brainwashed.  Mind if I pile on?

The lies about XMR nodes are a deflection from criticism of Dash's many problems and easily proven false (which makes the initial lie more shameful/less forgivable).  Accordingn to https://monerohash.com/nodes-distribution.html there are "Total nodes: 1451" ATM.

Now let's consider how 1500 XMR nodes stack up against 4500 Masternodes.

The hardware footprint is similar for now, but we should keep in mind Evan is already acting to create expensive, obligatory, proprietary Masternode hardware because he insists on shoving every transaction into Layer1 like some kind of derpy crypto-clown.

So both nodes run on a simple $5/month Vultr, no problem.  That's good for decentralization, which is measured by the cost of the option to run a full node.

But Dash artificially raises the barrier to entry by 1000 Dash, which brings CONOP to ~$300k and thus destroys any illusion about the Dash network being diverse/diffuse/defensible/resilient.

Another aspect is how the nodes work together to instantiate their respective protocols.  Monero nodes do not have to trust each other because their protocol is trustless and does not leak exploitable metadata.  But Masternodes do not 'blind' their connections and so must trust their fellow Masternodes are not malicious or otherwise compromised.  The Masternode protocol was supposedly going to add blinding, but that never happened because Duffield isn't a good enough programmer and doesn't care about shredding his credibility with fanciful plans which are announced to great fanfare and then silently abandoned.

As for Sybil attacks, there exists in Dash an incentive to attack fellow Masternodes which has no counterpart in Monero.  IE, Masternode owners may increase the amount and frequency of their own Masternode Ponzi payments by removing other Masternodes from the payment queue (accomplished by knocking them offline).

Similarly, there exists in Dash an incentive to sabotage InstantSend because Masternodes reap higher tx fees processing regular (and especially PrivateSend) transactions.

Dash has no fucking business talking about a "bloated blockchain" when Evan is planning on moving Masternodes to exotic custom verification ASICs just to get around his failure to implement segwit and enable payments being moved to higher layers.  This moron is buddies with all the Big Blockers like Roger Ver, and in his diseased imagination he believes $500k Masternodes hosted in $1k/month data centers processing 500mb blocks is going to be the wave of future.

Compared to the latest Bitcoin Core, Dash's blockchain is bloated because Dash transactions still must use precious block space for mostly-useless witness data at the cost of excluding additional transactions.  This bloat cannot be pruned, unlike the user-definable pruning levels available in Core.

Where is the Dash supporter willing to honestly compare the total cumulative size ("blockchain bloat") of a PrivateSend Dash transaction versus one from Monero?

Of course the best privacy in the world isn't free.  Only a bloated blue-hair SJW with hideous extra-thick cankles and zero understanding of computer science would expect otherwise.

Having said that, let's keep in mind Monero's RingCT is the initial release, with amazing sub-log optimizations (google "RuffCT") coming Soon(tm).

The best party of Monero's CLI is that it kept Dash clowns from buying during the years of cheap sub-dollar XMR.

They were not willing to learn and apply themselves so they didn't get the XMR gains.

Back in the day, I spent a couple of weeks cursing like a sailor and popping telomeres just getting cgminer to work, followed by months of fighting with thermal paste/fans/firmware/drivers/clock speeds/mem timings/pools/orphans/rejects/variance.  That "gruesome nerdy work" was the most valuable experience of my life....  Cool

That's how crypto is supposed to work; it's not a free ride for the MOAR GIBS PLZ leeches.

We are now experiencing Peak Eternal September as evidenced by the voluntary transfer of wealth to useless shitlibs lacking any redeeming talent or ability.

People have accused me of being a Monero shill, while I said at the begginning that I try to be impartial, but it's getting hard if I see only lies posted. I actually hold both XMR and DASH now at this point ,so I should normally not care since I am well hedged.

But identifying problems is the first step on fixing them. DASH can be fixed but the community has to admit it first that it has some tiny flaws first.

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
profitgenerator212

Merit: 251

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 02:38:24 AM

I am not confused about Monero and Zcash. Both have opaque blockchains.

No you don't get it. The monero Blockchain can be verified by the pubkey, which only you should have anyway the transactions in the block don't matter from decentralization point of view, the crypto is solid and the format is probably not malleable. So it works perfectly.

While Zcash is totally dark, which means that it totally relies on the trusted initialization phase. And Dash is totally open with "optional" privacy whic is also very weak.

Monero is both trustless and private, it's the golden mean between decentralization and privacy.

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
chilly2k
Legendary

Activity: 1007
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 03:55:15 AM

I am not confused about Monero and Zcash. Both have opaque blockchains.

No you don't get it. The monero Blockchain can be verified by the pubkey, which only you should have anyway the transactions in the block don't matter from decentralization point of view, the crypto is solid and the format is probably not malleable. So it works perfectly.

While Zcash is totally dark, which means that it totally relies on the trusted initialization phase. And Dash is totally open with "optional" privacy whic is also very weak.

Monero is both trustless and private, it's the golden mean between decentralization and privacy.

The Monero blockchain can NOT be verified with a pubkey.  A Monero Transaction Can be verified,  That is a BIG difference. 

Pages: « 1 ... 6391 6392 6393 6394 6395 6396 6397 6398 6399 6400 6401 6402 6403 6404 6405 6406 6407 6408 6409 6410 6411 6412 6413 6414 6415 6416 6417 6418 6419 6420 6421 6422 6423 6424 6425 6426 6427 6428 6429 6430 6431 6432 6433 6434 6435 6436 6437 6438 6439 6440 [6441] 6442 6443 6444 6445 6446 6447 6448 6449 6450 6451 6452 6453 6454 6455 6456 6457 6458 6459 6460 6461 6462 6463 6464 6465 6466 6467 6468 6469 6470 6471 6472 6473 6474 6475 6476 6477 6478 6479 6480 6481 6482 6483 6484 6485 6486 6487 6488 6489 6490 6491 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: