Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:05:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6388 6389 6390 6391 6392 6393 6394 6395 6396 6397 6398 6399 6400 6401 6402 6403 6404 6405 6406 6407 6408 6409 6410 6411 6412 6413 6414 6415 6416 6417 6418 6419 6420 6421 6422 6423 6424 6425 6426 6427 6428 6429 6430 6431 6432 6433 6434 6435 6436 6437 [6438] 6439 6440 6441 6442 6443 6444 6445 6446 6447 6448 6449 6450 6451 6452 6453 6454 6455 6456 6457 6458 6459 6460 6461 6462 6463 6464 6465 6466 6467 6468 6469 6470 6471 6472 6473 6474 6475 6476 6477 6478 6479 6480 6481 6482 6483 6484 6485 6486 6487 6488 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722504 times)
ilic

Activity: 535
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 11:13:58 AM

Hey guys, I'm doing a bit of DASH pumping on Steemit and Instagram these days amongst other stuff.

I used to write some articles for DASH back in the DarkCoin days but couldnt keep up with work commitments etc.  I'm back doing some general bloggy type stuff.

If you could visit my Spamit page and vote etc, that'd be great.  Here's a link to my current article:

https://spamit.com/crypto/@bitcoinforchumps/dash-ing-to-0-1btc-is-there-no-stopping-dash-digital-cash

Many thanks

edit - Oh is that "iCE-tryin-to-BREAK-the-DASH-community's-balls-but-keeps-failing-ER" again posting above?

I bet he's holding a swag of DASH in a secret wallet somewhere!

Without InstantSend, Dash isn't digital cash.

Dash #REKT itself due to the incompetent development of InstantSend, IPv6, mobile wallets, ATM scams, debit card scams, centralization, Instamines, etc.

qua qua qua...do you have an 'off' button

Good free and easy Bitcoin Faucet thingy: https://freebitco.in/?r=9293711
Do not invest in HYIPs people, however you can put some into iCenter: https://t.me/icenter_bot?start=j5t25s58148

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NibiruHybrid

Activity: 1204
Merit: 260

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 01:16:12 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2018, 03:40:03 PM by mprep

The Myth of the Masternode Sell-Off

Over the years, critics have claimed that the Dash Masternode network is susceptible to centralization. Initially, the charge was that only a few early adopters own Masternodes, and so they control the network. This argument has begun to fade as it’s become clear that Masternode owners are a diverse bunch. However, Dash detractors have come up with another potential centralization threat: when the price of Dash skyrockets, existing Masternode owners will sell and only big pockets will be able to afford buying them out and setting up their own Masternodes. According to this argument, the network will then become centralized around these wealthy players.

gadado

Activity: 965
Merit: 515

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 04:40:38 PM

MUE MasterNode cost = $70,000
MUE market cap rank = 140

If I may give you an input:

That's a problematic initial master node cost decition. I was checking several alternatives to Dash in the past to have some spreads and your one I eleminated from my list due to the height MN buy in cost you planet to set. I don't know about others but for me putting in such an amount into a low market cap coin is not something very wise to do because of the value losing risk. You see Dash started with 1000 USD MN not with 300k USD and that was fitting to the stability and market cap it had back then. There were complains that 1000 USD is too expensive and I sure hesitated too but it was in a range a lot still considered that that is a risk one could take (I did) and with DASH growing into a  very stable value higher MN cost could be supported. But starting right away with 70k  ..I personel don't see how this can work. That's just my opinion of course. Anyway good luck. Smiley
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 05:07:05 PM

Rumored China Crackdown on P2P Crypto Trading, Mining to Test Censorship Resistance

The Chinese government has continued its crackdown on cryptocurrency trading, including peer-to-peer trading and possibly mining, which will test the limits of decentralization.

Over the past few weeks, a series of events stemming from regulation in China caused the cryptocurrency markets to go on a wild ride. First, the government banned ICOs, which led to a corresponding market drop. Then, both rumors of a broader ban and an eventual edict shutting down cryptocurrency exchanges led to a significant market crash. New details spelling tougher times ahead for all transactions, and potentially mining, could cause renewed market pressures.

However, following the aforementioned turbulence, markets have rebounded, and much of trading volume lost from China has since been compensated for elsewhere in Asia, particularly Japan and Korea:
https://www.dashforcenews.com/rumored-china-crackdown-p2p-crypto-trading-mining-test-censorship-resistance/

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
HomoHenning

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 10:08:03 PM

it was a long time ago since I have informed myself about the current dev status. does anybody know it? when is the evolution release?
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 10:28:59 PM

it was a long time ago since I have informed myself about the current dev status. does anybody know it? when is the evolution release?

https://github.com/dashpay/dash-roadmap

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
profitgenerator212

Activity: 714
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 10:41:08 PM

I might be sticking around here, who knows I might buy some Dash too, these trolls here almost convinced me.

I'll probably buy an equal amount of Monero and Dash so that I won't have to worry about the fighting between the communities and hedge it out, may the best one win.

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2017, 11:19:33 PM

Current Dash status = InstantSend has been broken for weeks and no concrete plan (much less working code) has been released to fix the problem of evil Masternode collusion.

That's what happens when you trust 3rd parties like Masternodes.  Your shit gets broken and the world laughs at you.  Every. Grin  Single. Grin Time. Grin

Dash is used to being a laughingstock (often literally the punchline in Core devs' jokes) because of its InstaMine, IPv6, ATM, debit, and privacy/honesty/decentralization failures.

But this time is different.  Leaving InstantSend broken removes all warrants to claim Dash is digital cash, as does the atrocious lack of fungibility created by the giveaway to Coinalytics.

More acutely, Dash is based on an ancient, creaky, dilapidated version of Bitcoin that is full of exploitable 0-day bugs, such as recently disclosed at the Breaking Bitcoin conference.

Worst of all for bagholders, Dash's Evolution is languishing in The Land Of Vaporware while an emerging LTC/DCR/VIA alliance of altcoins are successfully initiating cross-chain atomic swaps.

Dash can't do atomic swaps and can't support Lightning because of Evan The Incompetent Instaminer's idiotic refusal to use segwit for fixing transaction malleability, etc.

Decred and Lightning today showed the world what happens when you prioritize technology over marketing.

https://twitter.com/decredproject/status/910224860625780736

Meanwhile, Dash still hasn't blinded the Masternodes and thus cannot solve its tiny little problem with InstanSend being completely phuX0R'd and unfixable within the self-imposed 2-week deadline.

Apparently the point of Dash is to fund scams like MaxCoin Keiser's Russian vacation, a butt-ugly rented plane, and subsidize an obese self-loathing man-hating racist virtue-signalling blue-hair SJW who shops for problem glasses and generally attention whores under color of TrumpHate. Roll Eyes

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 03:36:48 AM

I think we will pass Litecoin in marketcap pretty soon as it seems to be stuck in a downward spiral, while Dash seems to be doing the exact opposite.
I know at least one troll that is not gonna like that, a very icey troll ... a very dull icey troll.

The jealous are possessed by a mad devil and a dull spirit at the same time.
- Johann Kaspar Lavater

Edit : you are now free to delete and repost your post again icey, i know you are thinking about it. Just remember :

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 04:51:12 AM

Current Dash status = InstantSend has been broken for weeks and no concrete plan (much less working code) has been released to fix the problem of evil Masternode collusion.

That's what happens when you trust 3rd parties like Masternodes.  Your shit gets broken and the world laughs at you.  Every. Grin  Single. Grin Time. Grin

Dash is used to being a laughingstock (often literally the punchline in Core devs' jokes) because of its InstaMine, IPv6, ATM, debit, and privacy/honesty/decentralization failures.

But this time is different.  Leaving InstantSend broken removes all warrants to claim Dash is digital cash, as does the atrocious lack of fungibility created by the giveaway to Coinalytics.

More acutely, Dash is based on an ancient, creaky, dilapidated version of Bitcoin that is full of exploitable 0-day bugs, such as recently disclosed at the Breaking Bitcoin conference.

Worst of all for bagholders, Dash's Evolution is languishing in The Land Of Vaporware while an emerging LTC/DCR/VIA alliance of altcoins are successfully initiating cross-chain atomic swaps.

Dash can't do atomic swaps and can't support Lightning because of Evan The Incompetent Instaminer's idiotic refusal to use segwit for fixing transaction malleability, etc.

Decred and Lightning today showed the world what happens when you prioritize technology over marketing.

https://twitter.com/decredproject/status/910224860625780736

Meanwhile, Dash still hasn't blinded the Masternodes and thus cannot solve its tiny little problem with InstanSend being completely phuX0R'd and unfixable within the self-imposed 2-week deadline.

Apparently the point of Dash is to fund scams like MaxCoin Keiser's Russian vacation, a butt-ugly rented plane, and subsidize an obese self-loathing man-hating racist virtue-signalling blue-hair SJW who shops for problem glasses and generally attention whores under color of TrumpHate. Roll Eyes
The problem is they cannot use.block hash.because they do not keep track of masternodes at a per block level.. its a p2p list thats sent prior to.syncing.. in order.to solve.the problem you have to  come up with a deterministic quorum that involves the hash of the block along with input and collateral output.. just using collateral output and tx input gives offchain analysis attack.vectors that make the odds that evam posted in the whitepaper far less convincing for having a quorum you own with minimal number of masternodes.

I saw this attack was possible before it was posted but didnt really know it can cause double spends so i kept.it between myself and a few others as we just chuckled about it.. but turns out more serious than I had thought..correct me if im wrong.but in order to fix it i think the entire masternode system would need to be reworked as a coloured coin type of implementation.

I also saw a recent push on reworking instantx and not sure if that actually solved the problem more than just patching it by allowing a 15 second window for instantx to complete.. im not sure how that actually prevents any attack here.
BossBee

Activity: 682
Merit: 540

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 05:14:23 AM

I think we will pass Litecoin in marketcap pretty soon as it seems to be stuck in a downward spiral, while Dash seems to be doing the exact opposite.
I know at least one troll that is not gonna like that, a very icey troll ... a very dull icey troll.

The jealous are possessed by a mad devil and a dull spirit at the same time.
- Johann Kaspar Lavater

Edit : you are now free to delete and repost your post again icey, i know you are thinking about it. Just remember :

I've never seen a guy so terrified on a forum in my life like icey is, poor thing. . . But on the other hand this community should feel honored to have such a passionate dedicated person pouring so much of their irreplaceable time into Dash. 

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Diego24

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 07:30:41 AM

existing Masternode owners will sell and only big pockets will be able to afford buying them out and setting up their own Masternodes. According to this argument, the network will then become centralized around these wealthy players.[/size]
This argument can be used for every coin. Big money can buy all Bitcoin, Ethereum miners too.
Diego24

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 07:32:44 AM

I might buy some Dash too
Shit, that means time to flee Dash  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
NibiruHybrid

Activity: 1204
Merit: 260

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 01:36:03 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2018, 03:39:58 PM by mprep

US Students Lead On-Campus Dash Promotion, Crowdfund Trip to London Conference

A pair of aspiring Dash developers from Iowa State University have successfully crowdfunded a trip to the Dash conference in London using Dash donations.

August Domanchuk and Jacob Hemmerich, two computer engineering students at Iowa State University with a passion for Dash, are in the process of starting a cryptocurrency student organization on campus and have already hosted several Dash events, including getting their whole dorm floor involved in Dash. They sought to attend the first Dash conference in London this weekend, but as university students with a limited budget, were unable to secure the funding for a transatlantic flight on such short notice. They then turned to the Dash community to help crowdfund their trip through cryptocurrency donations, promising to donate the proceeds to a computer science charity if they fell short of their goal.

profitgenerator212

Activity: 714
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 01:54:57 PM

I never said that Dash itself is useless, I am just totally unsatisfied with it's privacy promises.

However it can't be worse than BTC or LTC for that matter, in fact in some aspects it's better. And it's relatively cheap.

So that is some potential value there. If Dash would integrate mandatory privacy like Monero did, then it could easily reach the value of ETH.

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
BossBee

Activity: 682
Merit: 540

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 02:54:13 PM

I never said that Dash itself is useless, I am just totally unsatisfied with it's privacy promises.

However it can't be worse than BTC or LTC for that matter, in fact in some aspects it's better. And it's relatively cheap.

So that is some potential value there. If Dash would integrate mandatory privacy like Monero did, then it could easily reach the value of ETH.

Dash gives the option of private sending funds because it's anticipating future political attacks that WILL be conducted by governments against fully anonymous coins and the affect that will have on mass adoption. Zoom out on a Macro, political, social, and financial field while considering their interconnectedness and ask your self what will the climate of these sectors be like in 5, 10, 50 years and that's what the Dash devs and Evan have been doing since year one.
Dash plays chess while the majority of crypto is playing checkers and if you look at Dash and still classify it as an anon coin you're a checker a player. It shed the anon niche and dark name for loftier goals of Governance and scale ability which it now stands at the fore front of.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
aigeezer
Legendary

Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013

Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 04:29:40 PM

If Dash would integrate mandatory privacy like Monero did, then it could easily reach the value of ETH.

That's a curious viewpoint, since Monero itself (presently $96.56 at Coinmarketcap) did not reach the value of ETH ($288.53) despite having "mandatory privacy". Meanwhile, Dash ($340.27) has much higher US$ value than either, which suggests that the market is relatively comfortable with its present trajectory. Even if your view is based on market cap rather than coin value, Monero with its "mandatory privacy" is far below ETH so adding "mandatory privacy" to Dash would seem unlikely to propel it "to easily reach the value of ETH".

My own sense of "value" is not based on market cap fwiw, because market cap is an abstraction that tells me nothing about which goods and services I can buy with the coins in my wallet.

Either way, I'll stick with Dash over the other two - ymmv, which is fine, but I don't understand why you would want to come to the Dash thread and suggest that the coin become something other than Dash, especially something of lower value.

excellence

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

www.FortySeven.io

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 04:32:46 PM

Was this an ICO or a mineable currency?

MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 05:12:21 PM

Dash Conference in Venezuela Draws Over Double Projected Attendees

The first in a series of Dash conferences in Venezuela received over double the expected attendees, as over a thousand have registered for the rest of the conferences.

This year, a series of 12 conferences in Venezuela was funded by the masternode network, scheduled to take place every month in Caracas. The first conference took place this week, and over twice the projected number of attendees came. Eugenia Alcalá Sucre, Dash Caracas lead and organizer of the conference, was very impressed with the turnout:

https://www.dashforcenews.com/dash-conference-in-venezuela-draws-over-double-projected-attendees/

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
Lebubar
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 05:13:42 PM

Also to mention that Monero made their privacy model sacrificing some other aspects:  (bringing problems that already have BTC, but without nobody using it ):
-Scaling. During the recent xmr pump the blocks were nearly full already with much less TX/day than btc. (and tx accumulation in mempool)
-Fee. Did you saw that monero have the highest average fee per transactions?
Pages: « 1 ... 6388 6389 6390 6391 6392 6393 6394 6395 6396 6397 6398 6399 6400 6401 6402 6403 6404 6405 6406 6407 6408 6409 6410 6411 6412 6413 6414 6415 6416 6417 6418 6419 6420 6421 6422 6423 6424 6425 6426 6427 6428 6429 6430 6431 6432 6433 6434 6435 6436 6437 [6438] 6439 6440 6441 6442 6443 6444 6445 6446 6447 6448 6449 6450 6451 6452 6453 6454 6455 6456 6457 6458 6459 6460 6461 6462 6463 6464 6465 6466 6467 6468 6469 6470 6471 6472 6473 6474 6475 6476 6477 6478 6479 6480 6481 6482 6483 6484 6485 6486 6487 6488 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: