Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 09:18:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 [292] 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661421 times)
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 11:28:07 AM

For all of those that were screaming to give money to the charity. I have a charity case for you. And it's not some kind of bogus fundation that keeps 85% of the funds to themselves.

I was hoping that crypto community is cadger free. So sad I was wrong. So glad you're the only one I've seen yet.

But I agree that charity fundations are even worse. And pleging them Nem money instead of spending it on development is super stupid.

Spider

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 12:08:25 PM

Allright, if you have better ideas, I'm all ears. I don't support nem charity at this point, just tried to give an example from the real life.

forum.nem.io
thiveshak

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 12:22:48 PM

Auction sounds like good opportunity test the valuation, though it might be could make it in sequels as UP has said. Are there any similar scenarios ever done before? How you can prevent people just bid without intention to buy ? Like some ahole just messin with auction

One way would be to set up an escrow. So people who bid would send their bid to an escrow. If they win, they get the NEM. If they, don't their money (minus a tx fee) would be returned.

It is a good idea. The way it could be done is that the escrow set up the address at a designated time and everyone sends a payment to that address would be considered a bid. The auction would last 24 hours since the designated time. 10 highest bis win 10 stakes and the rest will be returning to the senders. Who want to be the escrow ? I could pay a small payment for the service.

Sorry I have not yet finished the governance piece since I am in the middle of Smiley. Hopefully finish tomorrow. Anyway any preference for the first lot, charity at launch or logo+branding package ?  

That would discourage a lot of people who wants to bid. Say, if a person bids @1 btc and sends 1 btc to escrow. Now if he want to increase his bid to 1.1, then has to send another 1.1 btc and then 1.2 btc.

Instead a reserve amount shall be sent to escrow and participate in the auction. If he is in top 10 and doesn't buy the stake, then his reserve will be forefeited.
Starfleet.Intelligence

Activity: 237

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 12:53:00 PM

Auction sounds like good opportunity test the valuation, though it might be could make it in sequels as UP has said. Are there any similar scenarios ever done before? How you can prevent people just bid without intention to buy ? Like some ahole just messin with auction

One way would be to set up an escrow. So people who bid would send their bid to an escrow. If they win, they get the NEM. If they, don't their money (minus a tx fee) would be returned.

It is a good idea. The way it could be done is that the escrow set up the address at a designated time and everyone sends a payment to that address would be considered a bid. The auction would last 24 hours since the designated time. 10 highest bis win 10 stakes and the rest will be returning to the senders. Who want to be the escrow ? I could pay a small payment for the service.

Sorry I have not yet finished the governance piece since I am in the middle of Smiley. Hopefully finish tomorrow. Anyway any preference for the first lot, charity at launch or logo+branding package ?  

That would discourage a lot of people who wants to bid. Say, if a person bids @1 btc and sends 1 btc to escrow. Now if he want to increase his bid to 1.1, then has to send another 1.1 btc and then 1.2 btc.

Instead a reserve amount shall be sent to escrow and participate in the auction. If he is in top 10 and doesn't buy the stake, then his reserve will be forefeited.

I think auctioning is not a good thing:
Why not selling the stakes "considered for auction" at a fixed, moderate rate? So one could directly buy from devs. People in the waiting list who didnt get selected for stakes could be privillaged with a special offer as well. This would make distribution more fair IMO.

What we also dont want is big whales coming who soak up the market and just wait for profit without contributing to the development.

utopianfuture (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 12:55:25 PM

Allright, if you have better ideas, I'm all ears. I don't support nem charity at this point, just tried to give an example from the real life.

Why do we have to give the raised money to any foundation ? Your example is a perfect case that we should do charity in the most decentralized and direct manner.
NEM community should bring in cases as such and we will decide the direct delivery of the charity proceeds to the ones in needs. Perhaps put in a Youtube video afterward for a promotional purpose.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
Sportfreund1488

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 01:09:02 PM

Hi @ all

Read this the last page of the threat: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=450200.msg6295105#msg6295105

Patmaster and UP want give the Sockpuppets on the refunding list 5 stakes. They can tell fairy tales and got it.
Do u think it´s fair. For u i will look at the Stakeholder List and talk to u if the guys become their stakes.
Please read the fairy tales of the guys and make a post what u think.

ShawnLeary

Activity: 518
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 01:12:44 PM

Why do we have to give the raised money to any foundation ? Your example is a perfect case that we should do charity in the most decentralized and direct manner.
NEM community should bring in cases as such and we will decide the direct delivery of the charity proceeds to the ones in needs. Perhaps put in a Youtube video afterward for a promotional purpose.

Just split the shares between the current stakeholders or keep for development/bounties, and get this show on the road Cheesy  NXT is currently having troubles with marketing, or rather, generating funds for marketing, so please don't underestimate what we will need in the future for proper promotion of NEM.  The worst case scenario is we split hairs to make it the most egalitarian and then no one is wanting to part with their NEM for bounties.  

"We have the power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine
patmast3r

Activity: 980

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 01:14:15 PM

Hi @ all

Read this the last page of the threat: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=450200.msg6295105#msg6295105

Patmaster and UP want give the Sockpuppets on the refunding list 5 stakes. They can tell fairy tales and got it.
Do u think it´s fair. For u i will look at the Stakeholder List and talk to u if the guys become their stakes.

UP hasn't commented yet so It's only me that suggested 5 stakes (instead of freaking twenty I might add).
Plz don't all post there. That just bloats the thread and makes it harder to make out people that need attention. Thanks.

MingZhou

Activity: 16

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 01:21:32 PM

On a side not please don't compare NAS to NEM. That's disrespectfull to the devs Smiley

NEM developers are working hard writing new code, working for a real future for a real product.  

The (probably single) NAS developer was working hard at copy and paste.  In fact the NAS developer was so good at copy and paste, he was able to implement the official "wesley" client for NXT on NAS before it made its official debut on NXT.  Hahahaha.  

+1
Sportfreund1488

Activity: 83

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 01:35:29 PM

On a side not please don't compare NAS to NEM. That's disrespectfull to the devs Smiley

NEM developers are working hard writing new code, working for a real future for a real product.  

The (probably single) NAS developer was working hard at copy and paste.  In fact the NAS developer was so good at copy and paste, he was able to implement the official "wesley" client for NXT on NAS before it made its official debut on NXT.  Hahahaha.  

+1

which has already its sense. wesley has not done it for nothing;)
patmast3r

Activity: 980

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 01:38:03 PM

Hi @ all

UP hasn't commented yet so It's only me that suggested 5 stakes (instead of freaking twenty I might add).
Plz don't all post there. That just bloats the thread and makes it harder to make out people that need attention. Thanks.

To clear this up. I didn't mean forbid anyones to comment (how could I ?). I was merely asking not to do it in that particular thread. 

rocker10

Activity: 39

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 01:57:38 PM

I dont understand why people still compare NEM to the NXT, lead nowhere.

After auction there will be a realistic valuation, but this should be the market cap before launch. Im gonna hold majority of my NEM coins, because if everything goes like the devs have projected, NEM should be totally different than this older alts or btc and after 1-2 years we'll see how it has worked. It is little bit sad that so many of the guys just want to make a quick profit.

Yes, and at the moment I think NEM's development team is far more focused than the devs at NXT.
Touque

Activity: 94

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 01:57:57 PM

If going to the charity direction, I suggest that NEM does it consistently with certain charities for long term, not just randomly every time. By this way, NEM can build the connection between the community and the charities in long run and it will benefit to both NEM and the charities. It is good for marketing too.
mladen00
Legendary

Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013

K-ing®

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 02:12:49 PM

or buy commercial like dodge comm. did it

IOTA
utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 02:33:23 PM

I hope every NEM stakeholders this read type of IPO evaluation (skycoin) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=380441.msg6289563#msg6289563 and understand better NEM fundraising model which as I emphasized before is not an IPO but a "call for participation". Stakeholders sent in a nominal fee/ effort to be apart of NEM network and being distributed 1 million NEM at launch and in exchange there is a certain expectation of stakeholder contribution to NEM.

NEM core team, our development plan and technological road-map is in no worse than Skycoin or even Ethererum and but only 3% up to auction later on should be considered a fair market price for a NEM stake. We will see how the market will price them.        

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
xtester

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 03:56:44 PM

I hope every NEM stakeholders this read type of IPO evaluation (skycoin) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=380441.msg6289563#msg6289563 and understand better NEM fundraising model which as I emphasized before is not an IPO but a "call for participation". Stakeholders sent in a nominal fee/ effort to be apart of NEM network and being distributed 1 million NEM at launch and in exchange there is a certain expectation of stakeholder contribution to NEM.

NEM core team, our development plan and technological road-map is in no worse than Skycoin or even Ethererum and but only 3% up to auction later on should be considered a fair market price for a NEM stake. We will see how the market will price them.        

When will the auction take place?
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2014, 04:03:02 PM

Well, skycoin plan is a complete and utter disappointment. I'd even call it a failure. This model is purely to enrich the dev(s). I bet 95% of the people will not participate in a modell where you don't know how and when the other coins will be distributed.

NEM distribution will be very clean and straight ahead. I like that very much!

dave5555

Activity: 52

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 04:27:08 PM

To UF:

I saw some of my clients on the refund list.

These are people I know in my personal life and I recommended investing in NEM for them.

I acted as a broker for them because they are not very knowledgeable about crypto or advanced in PC use.

They have already paid me fiat for their stake and were patiently waiting for me to update them on the status of the coin.

They are as follows:

nateM7654
annT78
camaronloco
mich38754
eylucu4531
michaelW8796i

I had already talked to you prior to this to make sure it was ok to act as broker for other people who are not very aware of these forums/crypto coin scene.

And yes I did create an account for each because that's how you stated I should go about investing for them.

Here is your original response:

Yes that should be the way because your friend represents the new account. So make a new account for him and reserve a stake from that account. You can send NXT from the same address as well (maximum 2 stake per address).

1 NEM share would have > 1 million NEM. So there are many to share. No need to buy a lot of stakes. Thanks for supporting NEM.

Thank you for clearing this up.  I will get to it as soon as possible.

For the greedy it might be good for a while, but they will always lose out in the end. That's my philosophy and experience.

I would give him one additional stake to divide between the six and refund the other five spots. 166,666 NEM (1M/6) each is still a lot.

It's not fair, I had discussed this with UtopianFuture in order to avoid all of these problems.

I did everything transparent to make sure that UF knew I wasn't a scammer, I was just helping other people in my life invest into NEM.

Now I have to refund their money, lose their trust, and even lose money because I bought NXT at a higher price to buy into NEM.

I still see no reply to my post from dev.

I did all of this before I proceded to take people's investment, he assured me it was ok so I was paid fiat by these people.

They get in touch with me almost weekly to keep them updated, now I have to tell them we are being called scammers and give them money + some of my money back.

I have already been scammed out of BTC from other scam/fake coins.

If this doesn't go through, I will stay away from cryptocoins until a real company develops a real working product.

The whole point to crypto was to be decentralized money for the world, but with all the scams and fake accusations like NEM is doing, many people like me will back out and instead wait until a competent company with a real coin and devs shows up. This will inevitably cancel out the revolutionary idea behind cryptos.

In my defense, what I replied to you in my PM is a principle that you can create an account for your friend but even then I did not encourage you to enroll many stakes. I did not approve any thing specific or knew how many account you plan to enroll. On the other hand, the central principle of NEM fundraising is participation and 2 months so far all of your friends have done nothing and they all stay 1 post accounts. Are they going to set up nodes ? are they going to contribute to the "spread the words" campaign ? These are the things we take into accounts when I put these accounts on the refunding list.

I will see if I can accommodate 1 or -2 stakes so that your friend group can share and imo that's is enough given your friend level of contribution.

To all people in refunding list, please step up and complain and we will deal with all complaints on a case by case basis. After several days or when 20 stakes allocated to the refunding list running out the discussion will be considered closed and the all later complaints will be entitled to refunding. Also please don't pm me, post here or in the stake complaint thread instead, we will deal with like a community. Talk over the issues, deal with it in a rational manner ---> Win Win.

Regarding the refunding it is now officially open to everyone. I will try to collect all demands and make refunds every week (there is a column in the final list for that so the community can monitor). So far the none of NEM development fund in BTC address and NXT address has ever been used and it is not going to be used except to satisfying refunding request until NEM officially launch.    

Nah, you kept changing your terms weekly.

First it was a coin, now it's a union (this is cryptocurrency, not a labor movement)

You never mentioned they had to be active.

Then you went from OK for multiple stakes for people, to less than 5 stakes for people.

Now you changed your terms again.

Never did you mention they had to be active.

If that was the case, I would have just done what every smart sockpuppet creator does.

Get on the exchange > transfer directly to a new account

Then all I had to do was every few days post on this forum some useless post about helping.

But I decided to keep it transparent and so that you saw that the money came from my account and I was acting as a broker.

I kept my end of the deal, but you broke your end of the deal.

You made an empty promise.

You lied.

Too much wishy washiness.

The people that invested through me are not very tech savvy and have lives, not like us that spend 12+ hours on the internet.

Yes I wanted to run nodes for this project, I promoted to other people, got them involved.

This does not mean every single person invested will be active promoting NEM and helping.

Some of us will help, others will just be investors.  Thats the way it works when investing into companies.  Not everyone will be active.

I think UF is just trying to squeeze more money out of people by holding the "waiting list auction".

There is no need for waiting list, you have enough BTC.  Stop being so greedy, which is what you "supposively" are against.

Your actions say otherwise.
Spider

Activity: 171

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 04:43:01 PM

Thank you for the support utopianfuture. I was really touched by the accusations as I don't owe anybody a dime. In fact it's the other way around.

forum.nem.io
utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 04:45:33 PM
Last edit: April 19, 2014, 05:01:17 PM by utopianfuture

To UF:

I saw some of my clients on the refund list.

These are people I know in my personal life and I recommended investing in NEM for them.

I acted as a broker for them because they are not very knowledgeable about crypto or advanced in PC use.

They have already paid me fiat for their stake and were patiently waiting for me to update them on the status of the coin.

They are as follows:

nateM7654
annT78
camaronloco
mich38754
eylucu4531
michaelW8796i

I had already talked to you prior to this to make sure it was ok to act as broker for other people who are not very aware of these forums/crypto coin scene.

And yes I did create an account for each because that's how you stated I should go about investing for them.

Here is your original response:

Yes that should be the way because your friend represents the new account. So make a new account for him and reserve a stake from that account. You can send NXT from the same address as well (maximum 2 stake per address).

1 NEM share would have > 1 million NEM. So there are many to share. No need to buy a lot of stakes. Thanks for supporting NEM.

Thank you for clearing this up.  I will get to it as soon as possible.

For the greedy it might be good for a while, but they will always lose out in the end. That's my philosophy and experience.

I would give him one additional stake to divide between the six and refund the other five spots. 166,666 NEM (1M/6) each is still a lot.

It's not fair, I had discussed this with UtopianFuture in order to avoid all of these problems.

I did everything transparent to make sure that UF knew I wasn't a scammer, I was just helping other people in my life invest into NEM.

Now I have to refund their money, lose their trust, and even lose money because I bought NXT at a higher price to buy into NEM.

I still see no reply to my post from dev.

I did all of this before I proceded to take people's investment, he assured me it was ok so I was paid fiat by these people.

They get in touch with me almost weekly to keep them updated, now I have to tell them we are being called scammers and give them money + some of my money back.

I have already been scammed out of BTC from other scam/fake coins.

If this doesn't go through, I will stay away from cryptocoins until a real company develops a real working product.

The whole point to crypto was to be decentralized money for the world, but with all the scams and fake accusations like NEM is doing, many people like me will back out and instead wait until a competent company with a real coin and devs shows up. This will inevitably cancel out the revolutionary idea behind cryptos.

In my defense, what I replied to you in my PM is a principle that you can create an account for your friend but even then I did not encourage you to enroll many stakes. I did not approve any thing specific or knew how many account you plan to enroll. On the other hand, the central principle of NEM fundraising is participation and 2 months so far all of your friends have done nothing and they all stay 1 post accounts. Are they going to set up nodes ? are they going to contribute to the "spread the words" campaign ? These are the things we take into accounts when I put these accounts on the refunding list.

I will see if I can accommodate 1 or -2 stakes so that your friend group can share and imo that's is enough given your friend level of contribution.

To all people in refunding list, please step up and complain and we will deal with all complaints on a case by case basis. After several days or when 20 stakes allocated to the refunding list running out the discussion will be considered closed and the all later complaints will be entitled to refunding. Also please don't pm me, post here or in the stake complaint thread instead, we will deal with like a community. Talk over the issues, deal with it in a rational manner ---> Win Win.

Regarding the refunding it is now officially open to everyone. I will try to collect all demands and make refunds every week (there is a column in the final list for that so the community can monitor). So far the none of NEM development fund in BTC address and NXT address has ever been used and it is not going to be used except to satisfying refunding request until NEM officially launch.    

Nah, you kept changing your terms weekly.

First it was a coin, now it's a union (this is cryptocurrency, not a labor movement)

You never mentioned they had to be active.

Then you went from OK for multiple stakes for people, to less than 5 stakes for people.

Now you changed your terms again.

Never did you mention they had to be active.

If that was the case, I would have just done what every smart sockpuppet creator does.

Get on the exchange > transfer directly to a new account

Then all I had to do was every few days post on this forum some useless post about helping.

But I decided to keep it transparent and so that you saw that the money came from my account and I was acting as a broker.

I kept my end of the deal, but you broke your end of the deal.

You made an empty promise.

You lied.

Too much wishy washiness.

The people that invested through me are not very tech savvy and have lives, not like us that spend 12+ hours on the internet.

Yes I wanted to run nodes for this project, I promoted to other people, got them involved.

This does not mean every single person invested will be active promoting NEM and helping.

Some of us will help, others will just be investors.  Thats the way it works when investing into companies.  Not everyone will be active.

I think UF is just trying to squeeze more money out of people by holding the "waiting list auction".

There is no need for waiting list, you have enough BTC.  Stop being so greedy, which is what you "supposively" are against.

Your actions say otherwise.

This is one of my BTC personal account 1KeZuWC7GHSQ949127UdFXyoTieGkzTroy. It has more than all the fund that have been raised for NEM. I am ready to push much more than that into NEM development. What is needed for NEM is not money but a supportive community and contributors. Nevertheless, more fund should definitely help to recruit more specific skill to the development.

As I said before while the fundamental principle of NEM has never changed, specific requirements do change and I am entitled to that change as I see fit for the network and still conform to the the fundamental principle of NEM. If you doubt that come back to read the disclaimer

Disclaimer:
- While we are committed to the idea of " Completely Fair Distribution - Equal Shares for ALL "; the fund raising terms are subject to changes upon the discretion of the development team.
- There is no refund. Nothing comes out of NEM's receiving addresses until the genesis block is launched. We are committed to move the project forward. However, in the unlikely event that the project disintegrates and no one picks it up, the remaining development fund will be sent to a charity of the community's choice.  
- No contractual promise is made to anyone.
- Be patient

The disclaimer applies until the announcement of the Development contract.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 ... 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 [292] 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: