Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 07:21:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 [289] 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661421 times)
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 05:33:03 PM

very optimistic. so all the stakeholders are worth half a million USD now

Exactly. Some people are naive and like to image to be rich without hard work and bumpy road. Wake up!

What people need to realize that even if they are rich in cryptos it doesn't mean they are rich in fiat. At least not at this point. Until you can pay your rent, food  and everything you need everyday with cryptos you'll always have to go through exchanges to get to fiat. What do you think would happen if all of a sudden 3000 people try to cashout 500k USD ? Exactly...noone get's squat.

NEM isn't supposed to make anyone rich quickly. It's supposed to be a better BTC that will actually be capable of replacing fiat (because btc isn't) hopefully at some point in the future. That's what seperates us from shitcoins. We have a goal beyond releasing a coin and hiting some exchanges.

mladen00
Legendary

Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013

K-ing®

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 05:33:27 PM

When people do the math, and realize what promotional power 15% of NEM (>5000 BTC), plus over 1000 unique stakeholders will bring to future value, I see these stakes at auction going for a mega-shit-ton. Then, this makes the 15% worth even more. Its an amazing idea.
10 BTC easy!!

We will see how the market will decide it. Bur remember NEM is not launched yet and has not prove anything yet.

I sold my co-worker a Spike energy drink for 5 NEM two weeks ago, retail is $2.50 so current conversion rate of 1 NEM = .50 USD

That's fact.

4000000000*0.5 = 2 billion USD. A 1/3rd of BTC.

Hmm Wink

slavery again!!

Wink

if (WHEN) bitcoin goes to 5000-1000 it's possible

IOTA
lstern

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 06:00:05 PM

Exactly. Some people are naive and like to image to be rich without hard work and bumpy road. Wake up!

What people need to realize that even if they are rich in cryptos it doesn't mean they are rich in fiat. At least not at this point. Until you can pay your rent, food  and everything you need everyday with cryptos you'll always have to go through exchanges to get to fiat. What do you think would happen if all of a sudden 3000 people try to cashout 500k USD ? Exactly...noone get's squat.

NEM isn't supposed to make anyone rich quickly. It's supposed to be a better BTC that will actually be capable of replacing fiat (because btc isn't) hopefully at some point in the future. That's what seperates us from shitcoins. We have a goal beyond releasing a coin and hiting some exchanges.

Well said. Although I do expect some financial return from my NEM investment, I invested in NEM because I liked the proposed features and the initial coin distribution plan and I want it to prosper. POW doesn't make sense in the long-run, most coins lack of a proper transaction tax mechanism and NEM do have real incentives for money circulation. As NEM is not a pump and dump scheme I expect some coin struggle in the beginning because it takes time to build a real ecosystem around a new currency and some anxious people will be disapointed creating some negative buzz.
upekha

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

TDTPJR-P5SGXY-UU2OS6-BPTUV4-NJYQFT-6CWYZP-IA2W

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 06:07:24 PM

Im following this thread since page 50 almost everyday now & it has been a great time Wink

the Nem Community is just amazing.

keep up the great work everyone!!

NEM - New Economy Movement
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 06:26:31 PM

People would dump at $500K?  I can't even purchase a crack shack in my city for such a low amount.  That wasn't sarcasm.  Only thing $500K would get me is a closet in a 30 year old building with mold.

There are cheaper cities but drugs are common in them - everyone is coked up on meth due to the sheer boredom in lower income cities and suburb residential areas.  I bet some of you are reading this and can already guess the country.    Grin

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
bluewhackadoo

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 06:29:32 PM

People would dump at $500K?  I can't even purchase a crack shack in my city for such a low amount.  That wasn't sarcasm.  Only thing $500K would get me is a closet in a 30 year old building with mold.

There are cheaper cities but drugs are common in them - everyone is coked up on meth due to the sheer boredom in lower income cities and suburb residential areas.  I bet some of you are reading this and can already guess the country.   Grin

Scottsdale, AZ?
j23a

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 06:35:06 PM

People need to realize that and not go crazy selling.

TBTSX4-NKRX55-HF2ECG-SHPBG3-XIDD2Y-QDRI3N-P2O6
j23a

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 06:37:36 PM

Im following this thread since page 50 almost everyday now & it has been a great time Wink

I remember page 46, though I started some pages before.

I guess I've read every post since (actually I have my computer read it for me in a robotic voice), but I did skip some of the logo talk, since I guess that's the part that I'm least interested to read about.

TBTSX4-NKRX55-HF2ECG-SHPBG3-XIDD2Y-QDRI3N-P2O6
KingCole

Activity: 348
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 07:42:23 PM

Same here, I read every post on a daily basis but don't often post at this point unless I feel I can add some real value. NEM for me is long term and I like the community and development team.

KC
dave5555

Activity: 52

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 07:47:29 PM

To UF:

I saw some of my clients on the refund list.

These are people I know in my personal life and I recommended investing in NEM for them.

I acted as a broker for them because they are not very knowledgeable about crypto or advanced in PC use.

They have already paid me fiat for their stake and were patiently waiting for me to update them on the status of the coin.

They are as follows:

nateM7654
annT78
camaronloco
mich38754
eylucu4531
michaelW8796i

I had already talked to you prior to this to make sure it was ok to act as broker for other people who are not very aware of these forums/crypto coin scene.

And yes I did create an account for each because that's how you stated I should go about investing for them.

Here is your original response:

Yes that should be the way because your friend represents the new account. So make a new account for him and reserve a stake from that account. You can send NXT from the same address as well (maximum 2 stake per address).

1 NEM share would have > 1 million NEM. So there are many to share. No need to buy a lot of stakes. Thanks for supporting NEM.

Thank you for clearing this up.  I will get to it as soon as possible.

For the greedy it might be good for a while, but they will always lose out in the end. That's my philosophy and experience.

I would give him one additional stake to divide between the six and refund the other five spots. 166,666 NEM (1M/6) each is still a lot.

It's not fair, I had discussed this with UtopianFuture in order to avoid all of these problems.

I did everything transparent to make sure that UF knew I wasn't a scammer, I was just helping other people in my life invest into NEM.

Now I have to refund their money, lose their trust, and even lose money because I bought NXT at a higher price to buy into NEM.

I still see no reply to my post from dev.

I did all of this before I proceded to take people's investment, he assured me it was ok so I was paid fiat by these people.

They get in touch with me almost weekly to keep them updated, now I have to tell them we are being called scammers and give them money + some of my money back.

I have already been scammed out of BTC from other scam/fake coins.

If this doesn't go through, I will stay away from cryptocoins until a real company develops a real working product.

The whole point to crypto was to be decentralized money for the world, but with all the scams and fake accusations like NEM is doing, many people like me will back out and instead wait until a competent company with a real coin and devs shows up. This will inevitably cancel out the revolutionary idea behind cryptos.
haggis

Activity: 984
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 07:52:07 PM

If you really get a confirmation by the DEV team it is ok for you to act as a broker for some RL friends, then they should keep their word.

But in general, there's no possibility to check whether you're really a broker or just smart to get more NEM on your own. If your friends are not able to create a forum account, what do they want to do with NEM?
TaunSew

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 07:53:12 PM
Last edit: April 18, 2014, 08:15:21 PM by TaunSew

To UF:

These are people I know in my personal life and I recommended investing in NEM for them.

I acted as a broker for them because they are not very knowledgeable about crypto or advanced in PC use.

They have already paid me fiat for their stake and were patiently waiting for me to update them on the status of the coin.

They are as follows:

nateM7654
annT78
camaronloco
mich38754
eylucu4531
michaelW8796i

I had already talked to you prior to this to make sure it was ok to act as broker for other people who are not very aware of these forums/crypto coin scene.

And yes I did create an account for each because that's how you stated I should go about investing for them.

Yes that should be the way because your friend represents the new account. So make a new account for him and reserve a stake from that account. You can send NXT from the same address as well (maximum 2 stake per address).

1 NEM share would have > 1 million NEM. So there are many to share. No need to buy a lot of stakes. Thanks for supporting NEM.

For the greedy it might be good for a while, but they will always lose out in the end. That's my philosophy and experience.

I would give him one additional stake to divide between the six and refund the other five spots. 166,666 NEM (1M/6) each is still a lot.
The whole point to crypto was to be decentralized money for the world, but with all the scams and fake accusations like NEM is doing, many people like me will back out and instead wait until a competent company with a real coin and devs shows up. This will inevitably cancel out the revolutionary idea behind cryptos.

Strong rhetorical overreaction to being denied extra stake.  

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
bluewhackadoo

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 08:15:21 PM

To UF:

They are as follows:

nateM7654
annT78
camaronloco
mich38754
eylucu4531
michaelW8796i

It's not fair, I had discussed this with UtopianFuture in order to avoid all of these problems.

I did everything transparent to make sure that UF knew I wasn't a scammer, I was just helping other people in my life invest into NEM.

Now I have to refund their money, lose their trust, and even lose money because I bought NXT at a higher price to buy into NEM.

I did all of this before I proceded to take people's investment, he assured me it was ok so I was paid fiat by these people.

They get in touch with me almost weekly to keep them updated, now I have to tell them we are being called scammers and give them money + some of my money back.

If this doesn't go through, I will stay away from cryptocoins until a real company develops a real working product.

You got people blowing up your phone weekly over a $40 investment?  Losing their trust?  You need new friends brah.
utopianfuture (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 08:16:56 PM
Last edit: April 18, 2014, 08:45:56 PM by utopianfuture

To UF:

They are as follows:

nateM7654
annT78
camaronloco
mich38754
eylucu4531
michaelW8796i

In my defense, what I replied to you in my PM is a principle that you can create an account for your friend but even then I did not encourage you to enroll many stakes. I did not approve any thing specific or knew how many account you plan to enroll. On the other hand, the central principle of NEM fundraising is participation and 2 months so far all of your friends have done nothing and they all stay 1 post accounts. Are they going to set up nodes ? are they going to contribute to the "spread the words" campaign ? These are the things we take into accounts when I put these accounts on the refunding list.

I will see if I can accommodate 1 or -2 stakes so that your friend group can share and imo that's is enough given your friend level of contribution.

To all people in refunding list, please step up and complain and we will deal with all complaints on a case by case basis. After several days or when 20 stakes allocated to the refunding list running out the discussion will be considered closed and the all later complaints will be entitled to refunding. Also please don't pm me, post here or in the stake complaint thread instead, we will deal with like a community. Talk over the issues, deal with it in a rational manner ---> Win Win.

Regarding the refunding it is now officially open to everyone. I will try to collect all demands and make refunds every week (there is a column in the final list for that so the community can monitor). So far the none of NEM development fund in BTC address and NXT address has ever been used and it is not going to be used except to satisfying refunding request until NEM officially launch.    

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
TaunSew

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 08:24:58 PM

It's the scale which is concerning.  I live in a city which has embraced crypto currencies, to the extent we had one of the very first robocoin ATMs and probably the highest per capita merchant acceptance rates of BTC, and yet I didn't have success in convincing anyone to sign up for NEM stake.  He was somehow able to convince 7 different people - either he's a brilliant salesmen or they're all sockpuppets.

That was back in February at least - now it seems like my colleagues who keep up on cryptos want to purchase NEM when it hits the exchanges.

bluewhackadoo

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 08:28:20 PM

It's the scale which is concerning.  I live in a city which has embraced crypto currencies, to the extent we had one of the very first robocoin ATMs and probably the highest per capita merchant acceptance rates of BTC, and yet I didn't have success in convincing anyone to sign up for NEM stake.  He was somehow able to convince 7 different people - either he's a brilliant salesmen or they're all sockpuppets.

And his friends kind of sound like jerks too, this guy could sell ice to Eskimos.
xtester

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 09:12:52 PM

Interesting times. Am very curious what price the stakes will reach at auction.
siva_gami1203

Activity: 22

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 09:24:18 PM

max 5 btc. beyond that there will not be a good return for those winning the bids
xtester

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 09:26:40 PM

max 5 btc. beyond that there will not be a good return for those winning the bids

And you say that based on what?
treviso32

Activity: 11

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 09:30:21 PM

To UF:

They are as follows:

nateM7654
annT78
camaronloco
mich38754
eylucu4531
michaelW8796i

In my defense, what I replied to you in my PM is a principle that you can create an account for your friend but even then I did not encourage you to enroll many stakes. I did not approve any thing specific or knew how many account you plan to enroll. On the other hand, the central principle of NEM fundraising is participation and 2 months so far all of your friends have done nothing and they all stay 1 post accounts. Are they going to set up nodes ? are they going to contribute to the "spread the words" campaign ? These are the things we take into accounts when I put these accounts on the refunding list.

I will see if I can accommodate 1 or -2 stakes so that your friend group can share and imo that's is enough given your friend level of contribution.

To all people in refunding list, please step up and complain and we will deal with all complaints on a case by case basis. After several days or when 20 stakes allocated to the refunding list running out the discussion will be considered closed and the all later complaints will be entitled to refunding. Also please don't pm me, post here or in the stake complaint thread instead, we will deal with like a community. Talk over the issues, deal with it in a rational manner ---> Win Win.

Regarding the refunding it is now officially open to everyone. I will try to collect all demands and make refunds every week (there is a column in the final list for that so the community can monitor). So far the none of NEM development fund in BTC address and NXT address has ever been used and it is not going to be used except to satisfying refunding request until NEM officially launch.    

Utopianfuture ,patmaster3 said to comment on the complaint thread. I have stepped up there !!!!
Pages: « 1 ... 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 [289] 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: