Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 08:07:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 [296] 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661421 times)
vishi_tup

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 10:50:28 PM

It's not like the 10% will go to 5 or 10 people. We have 35 people on NEM ecosystem board alone and still every talented developer is welcome to join. I don't really count on getting extra shares but I will buy them off non-believers for sure. So go ahead and dump it into my pocket.

Can anyone confirm this number? I am assuming the community prefers there being a large number of devs for the 10% to be divided amongst. better for ~300+ stakes to be divided amongst 35devs than 5devs Smiley

can utopia confirm for what the developers' stake will be utilised?
rasmanki

Activity: 20

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 10:58:22 PM

how is this different from NXT if each developer is going to get 60-80 stakes?
Starfleet.Intelligence

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 11:02:04 PM

Please all stop speculating about the distribution of the stakes. I have confidence in devs that they dont abuse their power. Time will come and devs will decide and we will all see. Be patient.

And by the way what is "fair"? There has and will always be discussion and complaints about some offering of coins not to be distributed fairly. I personally have a good feeling of how the whole process of stake offering was guided. If devs take a part of the cake, at least you can be sure they will take care of their baby and take the job seriously.

Instead of speculating about stakes, we should use our energy and think of how we, as a community, could contribute to the whole story.

I myself only have a position on the waiting list. I might not get a stake, but hey, I think there will be a lot more opportunities to be part of it and to get rewarded. Just my opinion.

salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 11:03:58 PM

the only one paid Nxt developer - Come-from-Beyond - got 0.5 percent of Nxt after IPO (from his investment)
rasmanki

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 11:06:12 PM

the only one paid Nxt developer - Come-from-Beyond - got 0.5 percent of Nxt after IPO (from his investment)

how do you know?
bitsire

Activity: 223

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 11:09:31 PM

i'm also of the opinion that a sample of the source code should be made public before any fundraising such as an auction occurs. i'm personally very anxious to get a peek under the hood. if the way NEM has been handled so far is any indication, i'm sure the source will be of excellent quality and will spur a great deal of interest.
upekha

Activity: 183

TDTPJR-P5SGXY-UU2OS6-BPTUV4-NJYQFT-6CWYZP-IA2W

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 11:10:31 PM

bla bla bla ..
can we have a seperate thread for stake-discussions?

NEM - New Economy Movement
ElitistCA

Activity: 477
Merit: 250

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 11:11:01 PM

these guys consider "fair" to be waiting to get rich on back of someone else Cheesy Cheesy
What? You doing all the work, will get much more than me, guy waiting for the result? UNFAIR!
 Cheesy

███████████████████████
     ███▄ ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄█▀▀  █████
    ███  █▀  ▀█▀▀▀       ▐█ ███
   ███  ▄██▄▄█▀▄▄▄        █▌ ███
  ███ ▄█▀  █     ▀█▄▄     ▐█  ▐██
 ███▄█▀    █        ▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄ ██
████▀      █           ▀██▀   ▀█ ██
 ██▀█▄     █          ▄█▀▀█▄▄▄█▀██
  ██ ▀█▄   █      ▄▄█▀▀    ▐█  ██
   ██  ▀█▄█▀▀█▄▄█▀▀        █▌ ██
    ███  █▄  ▄█▀█▄▄▄      █▌███
     ███  ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀█▄▄▐████
      ███████████████████████

▄▄       ▄▄▄        ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄ 
  ▀█▄   ▄█▀ ▀█▄    ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀   ▀▀█▄
    ▀█▄█▀     ▀█▄▄█▀  ▐█         █▌
    ▄█▀█▄      ▄█▀    ▐█         █▌
  ▄█▀   ▀█▄  ▄█▀       █▄       ▄█
▄█▀       ▀██▀          ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀

Network
BLOCKCHAIN JUST ENTERED THE REAL WORLD
  Decentralized Crypto-Location Oracle Network
GET WHITELISTED FOR TOKEN SALE ( Limited )

WHITE PAPER  ││  ANN Thread  Telegram   Medium   Twitter   Reddit
rasmanki

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 11:12:26 PM

they wont... its more like 11 stakes lol which is ok... the distribution of nem is light years better then nxt!

what about the 10 % premine... dark years worse?
vishi_tup

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 11:14:14 PM

i'm also of the opinion that a sample of the source code should be made public before any fundraising such as an auction occurs. i'm personally very anxious to get a peek under the hood. if the way NEM has been handled so far is any indication, i'm sure the source will be of excellent quality and will spur a great deal of interest.

if u think source will be of excellent quality, then why do u want a sample source of code?
utopianfuture (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 11:30:01 PM

The deal so far has been very very good for a regular stakeholder. Each core developer will get about 60-80 times a regular stake but let me be frank if you are a helpful stakeholder who run a node and contribute to NEM marketing from times to times, a core developer contributes about 1000 times more than you do. And I only estimate that until V1 blockchain completed because if all core developers stay with NEM until NEM technological road-map being completed, they will contribute way way more than that.

I do my best to keep key developers staying with us for a long term and make NEM (and its ecosystem) the most advanced technological system possible and that would be the way to treat our developers. I hope this would be the message to all other developers out there as well. But not only NEM key developers would be rewarded monetarily, I believe we have a coherent vision and a technological road-map that would make NEM one of the most successful decentralized system in one year.

You should believe me otherwise you can leave and go after other blockchain such as Nxt, Nas, Blackcoin or whatever coin out there. Talented people drive technological progress and NEM concept of fairness is to set the incentive system in the right place. NEM system rewards people who contribute the most not to reward some rich investors or some lucky random people. If anyone fails to understand this point, he should consider leaving for the next fairest and free coin out there.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
rasmanki

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 11:31:49 PM

The deal so far has been very very good for a regular stakeholder. Each core developer will get about 60-80 times a regular stake but let me be frank if you are a helpful stakeholder who run a node and contribute to NEM marketing from times to times, a core developer contributes about 1000 times more than you do. And I only estimate that until V1 blockchain completed because if all core developers stay with NEM until NEM technological road-map being completed, they will contribute way way more than that.

I do my best to keep key developers staying with us for a long term and make NEM (and its ecosystem) the most advanced technological system possible and that would be the way to treat our developers. I hope this would be the message to all other developers out there as well. But not only NEM key developers would be rewarded monetarily, I believe we have a coherent vision and a technological road-map that would make NEM one of the most successful decentralized system in one year.

You should believe me otherwise you can leave and go after other blockchain such as Nxt, Nas, Blackcoin or whatever coin out there. Talented people drive technological progress and NEM concept of fairness is to set the incentive system in the right place. NEM system rewards people who contribute the most not to reward some rich investors or some lucky random people. If anyone fails to understand this point, he should consider leaving for the next fairest and free coin out there.

you started behaving like this coin is your property
EFFV

Activity: 278

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 11:32:23 PM
Last edit: April 29, 2014, 07:47:31 PM by EFFV

-NEM should not release parts of source till sometime after launch, this could provide opportunities for copycats, and besides any snippet of code released that is unsubstantial is exactly that... unsubstantial.

-If you release substantial code pre-launch you get copycats, if you release unsubstantial code you prove nothing.

-It would be in the best interest of NEM to just release code sometime after launchday.

-we do not know the total developer distribution yet.

-I trust Utopian Future to provide fair distribution, he has not given us any reason for suspicion... relax.

-I do not yet hold a stake, however I am on the waiting list and intend to support NEM regardless.

Thanks for your hard work NEM devs!
-Erik

"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves."  -Lao Tzu
My Trust Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=474589.new#new
utopianfuture (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 11:33:30 PM
Last edit: April 19, 2014, 11:46:31 PM by utopianfuture

Exactly, up until this point NEM (or its technological properties) belongs completely to the core development team. The system will start its own life only when the it officially launch and after that the community opinion could overwhelm one of the core development team. 

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
EFFV

Activity: 278

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 11:52:17 PM

Exactly, up until this point NEM (or its technological properties) belongs completely to the core development team. And sorry it is not a coin.

Yes, NEM is in the hands of trustworthy developers whom should be allowed to benefit from the work they pour into the NEM structure.
NEM is something that has the potential to change the world. It overcomes many of Bitcoins weaknesses.
To me "no envy movement" does not mean absolutely equal shares... that just promotes negative behavior... just look at absolute communism and the effect it has had on the world. That's not fair for the devs.
Developers deserve every bit of reward and compensation they receive... they would not want to corrupt their creation.
You people should be thankful, and not so greedy.

You confuse fairness and a lack of envy.

"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves."  -Lao Tzu
My Trust Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=474589.new#new
Ramone Estavez

Activity: 58

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 12:01:30 AM

Exactly, up until this point NEM (or its technological properties) belongs completely to the core development team. The system will start its own life only when the it officially launch and after that the community opinion could overwhelm one of the core development team. 

NEM sounds like old economy now. UP and dev guys who missed out on NXT  got extreme envy for NXT 73 and then they get plebs excited about a 'no envy  movement' pied piper style.

But you guys are into this for yourselves. No problem with that, but it's not your message. I'm envious of the dev stakes, so I can't be in NEM.

NXTL & NHZ are better for the little guy.
Spider

Activity: 171

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 12:09:50 AM

NEM sounds like old economy now. UP and dev guys who missed out on NXT  got extreme envy for NXT 73 and then they get plebs excited about a 'no envy  movement' pied piper style.

But you guys are into this for yourselves. No problem with that, but it's not your message. I'm envious of the dev stakes, so I can't be in NEM.

NXTL & NHZ are better for the little guy.

the only reason you are envious is because you cannot/do not contribute due to lack of coding skills or laziness... they are working hard for the extra stakes.. what have you done for yours? clicked a few buttons on a key board for a few mins.. be happy with what you have and quit your moaning.. its only damaging your own stake you muppet!

Wink

forum.nem.io
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 12:12:48 AM

-While I agree %10 of all NEM in the hands of 2-3 people is greedy...

What the fuck is wrong with you, people? Those guys worked hard on the project and have been given away stakes for free. Except very small part at the end for dirt cheap. And y'all didn't do shit except screaming your arses about sockpuppets. They deserve whatever they want.

chanc3r

Activity: 952
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 12:20:24 AM

Can some one update this forum so I can just 'ignore newbie' which is the same as 'ignore sock puppet'

Hey sockies if you have a stake be grateful, its more than you deserve.

If the Dev's haven't been working hard on this then it will be crap and none of the stakes will be worth anything.

If, as I hope, they have been working damned hard to create a new, innovative, PoS, 2.0 coin then it will be worth something, we will all benefit from our stakes and they deserve to be rewarded for using their talents to create it.

Deviant1

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 12:36:52 AM

Man, I wish I was on this forum back when this came out!

Can't wait until the auction... I want to be a part of this!
Pages: « 1 ... 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 [296] 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: