Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:36:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 [300] 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661421 times)
BitZCoin

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 02:30:59 PM

I feel something huge is coming towards us!  Grin

Here it is: TakePart!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
galaxy

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 03:30:44 PM

I will take this opportunity to weigh in on the myriad of issues currently being discussed.

Failure to capitalize on the multi-pool proposal because of green issues is a mistake in my opinion. There are multiple arguments that favor this profitable endeavor. I propose we donate some of the revenue to Carboncoin to offset any concerns regarding the environment. This would benefit NEM two-fold. We would create profits for the NEM community, and at the same time, show the community at large that NEM is responsible and covers its obligations regarding the environment. Let us not forget that we would be introducing NEM to others that would otherwise not become involved.

10% to the Developers is much lower then what is usually the case in this scenario.

The auction proposal being adopted is going to bring needed attention to NEM, and allow the market price to be introduced. Two thumbs up here!!

I also have a question. What is the reasoning behind NEM conducting zero pre-launch marketing? This will make investors at launch place less value on the potential of NEM.

I am very impressed with the NEM project. I don't believe anyone could argue that this is not the coin with the most potential in 2014.
sparta_cuss

Activity: 386

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 03:34:51 PM

I feel something huge is coming towards us!  Grin

Good huge or bad huge?

"We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us." - E.M. Forster
NXT: NXT-Z24T-YU6D-688W-EARDT
BTC: 19ULeXarogu2rT4dhJN9vhztaorqDC3U7s
gsxrl3oi

Activity: 315

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 03:42:00 PM

Guys just chill. Leave the devs alone. They did the work they should be rewarded.
Be happy with your share. spread the word.  Grin
BitZCoin

Activity: 275

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 03:45:13 PM
Last edit: April 21, 2014, 01:04:34 AM by BitZCoin

I feel something huge is coming towards us!  Grin

Good huge or bad huge?

It feels like a min. 40 000 000 $ market.  Grin

Btw.:
It would be very interesting to know the current marketcap through our investments. Smiley

Here it is: TakePart!
utopianfuture (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 03:48:49 PM

Good huge or bad huge?

Btw.:
It would be very interesting to know current marketcap through our investments. Smiley

If everyone is getting involved, 40 million cap is no problem. If everyone chooses to sell half of their holding upon launch, then it will take a while to get there.

In the long term, it is all about what kind of technological products NEM can bring to the world and what kind of user adoption NEM community can drive forward. We have some cool projects post V1 blockchain, I hope every stakeholder can stay with the development team until then.  

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
cryptonikus

Activity: 595
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 03:59:32 PM

I am HUGE supporter of having multipool.
Pat, I think that you are a great guy and true idealist, but Im afraid that free market competition is not a place where idealists succeed.

NEM is still green, you still can use it and maintaine it without damaging nature.
Multipool could do wonders for NEM, whit this I think we will no just enter top 10 marketcap, but stay there.
In combination with huge community and right marketing, we could establish NEM as superior to all other alts.

I am ecofriendly person myself, I used to voluntarily help in animal shelter facility, but in order to manage helping those animals efficiently, we also used cars polluting enviroment.

▄███████████████▄
       ▄██▀             ▀██▄
    ▄▄██▀                 ▀██▄▄
█████▀▀       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▀█████
██          ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▀█▄▄      ██
▐█▌       ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀███   ▐█▌
 ██      ▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀   ██
 ▐█▌    █▄▀▄▀▄█▀▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄▀█   ▐█▌
  ██    █▄▀▄▀▄▄█▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄▀▄▀█   ██
  ▐█▌ ▀▄█████▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀█  ▐█▌
   ██▌▀████▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▀ ▐██
    ██▌▀█▀▀█▄▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▀▄█▄▄█▀ ▐██
     ██▌ ▀  ▀███▄▄▄█████▀  ▐██
      ██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀      ▄██
       ▀██▄             ▄██▀
         ▀██▄         ▄██▀
           ▀██▄     ▄██▀
             ▀███▄███▀
               ▀███▀
.DeepOnion.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★  .❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!.
TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED
★  Your Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Your Assets Secured by TOR
★  Guard Your Privacy!
|Bitcointalk
Reddit
Telegram
|                        ▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀
                    ▄▄██▀█▀▄▀▀▀
                  ▄██▄█▄██▀
                ▄██████▀
              ▄██████▀
  ▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
 ▀█████  ▄███████
  ████████████▀██
  ██▀███████▀  ██
  ██ ▀████▀    ██
  ██   ▀▀      ██
  ▀█████████████▀
Hollowman338
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 03:59:44 PM

NEM is a definite hold
greentea
Legendary

Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 03:59:52 PM

i actually had an idea last night... can we get a multipool mining now? i mean launch the multipool now and let it build up the btc until the coin actually launches? the mining power it could draw due to the massive interest in nem would be huge! and plus if btc takes a massive run up again you will see the dificulty of most coins go through the roof again... why not build up some funds up.. if nem wants to drop a bit after launch let it.. then after the drop start buying up with the mined funds..? what you think?

I like this idea as well, it will allow another option for people to acquire NEM besides just buying it in open market... BUt you really need competent guys to be running this who have similar NEM interests aligned.  Look at the blackcoinpool, they are doing all sorts of things to attract miners, giveaways etc ...

I don't mind the 10% for the devs, but it would be comforting if there was some sort of gradual lockup period for the first 6 months or so to give outside investors confidence they wont be dumped on, a stigma which NXT has

NEM   NanoWallet   SuperNodes   Apostille   Landstead   Catapult   Mijin
▃▃▃▅▅▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▅▅▅▃▃▃
frajervitalny

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

We bow in its aura

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 04:14:44 PM

So are we gonna set up pre launch multipool?
Lets get organised, and materialized it.
What is needed to start it? Cheesy

▐ LISK▐ is a Decentralized Application and Sidechain Platform written in Node.JS! Running on Delegated Proof of Stake. Including a Dapp Store and much more!
Eadeqa

Activity: 644

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 05:52:50 PM

Someone said earlier that BCNext was the fairest developer. That's not true. If he really didn't take more than any of the other stakeholders

No, he didn't, and that needed to be said given a lot of people bash nxt in this thread for "unfair" distribution which is a pathetically dishonest criticism as nxt IPO was open to anyone for 2 months and  Bcnext (the developer) didn't demand any extra shares for himself.

One thing we can say about nxt inventor: he wasn't greedy.

Doesn't he own ~5% of NXT?

No, as I understand, everyone was allowed 1 btc max investment. bcnext was not exception to that rule. The 1 billion nxt were divided among the investors. This is all public record and happened in the open forum. Unless he was using a sock puppet account to invest twice, there was no special "stock" for bcnext. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303898.msg3254124#msg3254124

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
Eadeqa

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 05:57:37 PM

Someone said earlier that BCNext was the fairest developer. That's not true. If he really didn't take more than any of the other stakeholders

No, he didn't, and that needed to be said given a lot of people bash nxt in this thread for "unfair" distribution which is a pathetically dishonest criticism as nxt IPO was open to anyone for 2 months and  Bcnext (the developer) didn't demand any extra shares for himself.

No, as I understand, everyone was allowed 1 btc max investment. bcnext was not exception to that rule. The 1 billion nxt were divided among the investors. This is all public record and happened in the open forum. Unless he was using a sock puppet account to invest twice, there was no special "stock" for bcnext. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303898.msg3254124#msg3254124

see this post in particular, where he laid out the rules clearly about "no developer/creator cut"

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303898.msg3256852#msg3256852

NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
Spyrofix

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 06:12:12 PM

Good huge or bad huge?

Btw.:
It would be very interesting to know current marketcap through our investments. Smiley

If everyone is getting involved, 40 million cap is no problem. If everyone chooses to sell half of their holding upon launch, then it will take a while to get there.

In the long term, it is all about what kind of technological products NEM can bring to the world and what kind of user adoption NEM community can drive forward. We have some cool projects post V1 blockchain, I hope every stakeholder can stay with the development team until then.  

I'll hold my stake and I will support NEM !
gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 06:14:52 PM

sorry, I meant FORGING! If the 25% or 15% until they were properly distributed, used for forging? That would not be fair to the stakeholders

a) it's foraging not forging
b) keep in mind POI != POS, so it doesn't translate to more NEMs == more gain from fees.

NemusExMāchinā
Catapult docs: https://docs.symbol.dev
github: https://github.com/symbol
awais3344

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 06:18:53 PM

hi, i already have a stake. but i wonder if setting up a node will give me a few more coins? i am really interspersed to know that. also what kind of services can i offer for a return in nems?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
NEOSCOIN
  +POD Developers +Active Community - V2 Coming Soon! Live In-App Trading, Live Pool Stats - IRC - Arbitrush Anonymous System soon!! NEOSCOIN
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 06:25:51 PM

The question is does he own 5% ? not what's the rules of distribution?.  I don't mind he owns 5% or more at all but here you should answer the question instead of evade it.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 06:29:37 PM

see this post in particular, where he laid out the rules clearly about "no developer/creator cut"

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303898.msg3256852#msg3256852

Here is my perspective. If you open a a distribution round in one and half month and get only 71 people in which 8 people end up owning 40% of the supply. Then that was a disaster distribution and indicated incompetency. I don't know why you can be proud of it unless the person in charge of distribution intentionally did not try at all.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
Eadeqa

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 06:30:58 PM

The question is does he own 5% ? not what's the rules of distribution?.  I don't mind he owns 5% or more at all but here you should answer the question instead of evade it.

There is no way to prove who BCnext is and what he owns. All we know  this is what  happened in the public forum

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303898.msg3256852

where anyone was allowed to invest btc (cap was 1 btc) and all coins were distributed among the investors. The IPO was open for 2 months. There was no creator's cuts or special stakes for bcnext.

This is all public record.

NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 06:34:51 PM

There is no way to prove who BCnext is and what he owns. All we know  this is what  happened in the public forum

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303898.msg3256852

where anyone was allowed to invest btc (cap was 1 btc) and all coins were distributed among the investors. The IPO was open for 2 months. There was no creator's cuts or special stakes for bcnext.

This is all public record.

BCNext was on the record saying sending 1BTC and he was on the record saying he has a team sending BTC in as well. If you are such a good historian you should be able to find the written texts. I already said I don't mind BCNext having 5-10% of more so you can chill on that. 

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ShawnLeary

Activity: 518
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 06:35:12 PM

Good idea about the auction of shares,About the auction I have some immature perspective:

1. I think we can more than hold several auctions, such as once a month, every 30 places so that people can continue to focus nem, nem improve visibility, as 3i's AGS.

2.Lowest closing price in the first round as the second round of the auction the auction starting price, and so on. This ensures the continued appreciation of the value of nem.

Finally, I hope nem able to get more attention, greater development.
anyone want to sell??

Sure, 5BTC, message me.  

"We have the power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine
Pages: « 1 ... 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 [300] 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: