Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:08:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 1310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Ethereum: Welcome to the Beginning  (Read 2003797 times)
Coolstoryteller

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 08:22:12 PM

30,000BTC? That's a bit much IMO. Doesn't seem like a good strategy for investors either. What's to stop this coin from being cloned, renamed and relaunched with a fair launch minus the IPO? One of the main things for investors is IP and this coin doesn't do much to safeguard that. I'm not trolling the thread just stating my viewpoint as a potential investor.

The involvement of Goldman Sachs employees doesn't bode well either. GS translates into corruption on an international level.

"Buy, sell, trade, chat. Leave nothing but a Shadow." - www.shadow.cash

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tk808
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 08:22:37 PM

If I have .1 BTC to invest, will I be able to invest that small of an amount?

Invest that .1btc into something else. That is petty for this IPO. You will only get 100-200ETH. Which is pathetic.

You'd be lucky as hell to increase that investment by 50% in 3 years with ETH. I would not support these money whores.

You would make more profit investing that into Shitcoin X.
maco

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 08:40:26 PM

This will be a revolution.
tk808
Legendary

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 08:46:43 PM
Last edit: January 27, 2014, 08:57:12 PM by tk808

this is not a revolution, this is just bullshit. Propaganda has made you believe this is something special.

Ethereum may have decent tech backings. But the philosophy behind distribution and IPO fund raising is far below NXT. They basically want to give you sand for your gold. NXT asked for 21BTC to cover developments. Fine, totally fair IPO really. ETH is asking 30,000BTC!

Give them your BTC, support these devs and their counterparts with millions of dollars for a shitty coin.

Not only that, as soon as the IPO investments are distributed it immediately begins to decrease in value. From the first minute ETH launches, you are already losing your profit.

The only way this could possibly be any good is enough people supported this shit with a massive campaign and community. From what i've seen, 80% of this thread is a negative vibe towards eth. And not 1 comment from their PR? IPO is this week... pathetic.

Wake up man, this is almost as bad as a scam no matter how flashy their graphics or website is.
You can't sugar coat shit to make it taste better.

If you don't like NXT, then i suggest taking a look at eMunie. Fundamentally the same IPO, but a none whorish distribution. Those dudes have been working their asses off for 6-12months with maximum transparency, a beta client and solid features that will be launched on day 1. eMunie will work hard to make you a profit on your investment, not work hard to degrade it. http://emunie.com/

Herp

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 09:18:14 PM

Lets have a more technical discussion please

I agree. I keep coming back to this thread *hoping* to see an actual discussion on the technical merits, challenges, and risks, but the trolls only want to talk about the IPO funding.

The good news about this thread is that it's helping me build my ignore list rather rapidly =)

There's some decent discussions on the Reddit thread... though it's starting to get run over by "IF I INVEST WHEN CAN I SELL" threads....

Seems like very legit and important question, one no one was able to answer yet. People need to know for how long they'll be stuck with it without being able to sell. I would like to know the answer to it as well.

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

greentea
Legendary

Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 09:21:27 PM

seems like emunie is the only fundraising coin that is doing it right, whether you like them or not.

Months of public beta testing before the IPO as well as the founders themselves having to buy-in with no premine ... I wonder why they're not claiming they need to get paid for their work.  They seem to believe in their product more than the ether team does in theirs.

You have to respect that.

NEM   NanoWallet   SuperNodes   Apostille   Landstead   Catapult   Mijin
▃▃▃▅▅▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▅▅▅▃▃▃
turtoro

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 09:33:40 PM

this is not a revolution, this is just bullshit. Propaganda has made you believe this is something special.

Ethereum may have decent tech backings. But the philosophy behind distribution and IPO fund raising is far below NXT. They basically want to give you sand for your gold. NXT asked for 21BTC to cover developments. Fine, totally fair IPO really. ETH is asking 30,000BTC!

Give them your BTC, support these devs and their counterparts with millions of dollars for a shitty coin.

Not only that, as soon as the IPO investments are distributed it immediately begins to decrease in value. From the first minute ETH launches, you are already losing your profit.

The only way this could possibly be any good is enough people supported this shit with a massive campaign and community. From what i've seen, 80% of this thread is a negative vibe towards eth. And not 1 comment from their PR? IPO is this week... pathetic.

Wake up man, this is almost as bad as a scam no matter how flashy their graphics or website is.
You can't sugar coat shit to make it taste better.

If you don't like NXT, then i suggest taking a look at eMunie. Fundamentally the same IPO, but a none whorish distribution. Those dudes have been working their asses off for 6-12months with maximum transparency, a beta client and solid features that will be launched on day 1. eMunie will work hard to make you a profit on your investment, not work hard to degrade it. http://emunie.com/

-1*1000 in my opinion. But hey, we are lucky enough to be involved in the next big industry a la internet circa 1995. do your own diligence folks
HinnomTX

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 09:34:59 PM

this is not a revolution, this is just bullshit. <snip>

+1
+1
Look, I'll point my miners at ETH, but I'm not giving BTCs at a fixed initial exchange rate to this speculative platform. I can understand the need to raise money to get started, but it's better to let the market debate the platform's potential value, just like all the other coins.  You're not getting an insider advantage here. That's an illusion. Keep in mind, almost all IPOs go below their IPO price at some point. Patience is your friend.

Since there's effectively a 50% pre-mine here, AND they will dilute ETH's in the future, it's hashing only for me.

"One can only solve so much with cryptography. The rest of the solution will prove to be economic in nature." -Evan Duffield
Dash is Digital Cash.  https://www.dash.org
MsCollec
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 09:36:12 PM

seems like emunie is the only fundraising coin that is doing it right, whether you like them or not.

Months of public beta testing before the IPO as well as the founders themselves having to buy-in with no premine ... I wonder why they're not claiming they need to get paid for their work.  They seem to believe in their product more than the ether team does in theirs.

+1 eMunie is the true second generation coin
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 09:40:52 PM

Ironically, users of this very forum drove the creator away and caused his released to be delayed multiple times with their FUD and scam accusations.

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 09:54:18 PM

Ironically, users of this very forum drove the creator away and caused his released to be delayed multiple times with their FUD and scam accusations.

I've beta tested eMu and it's pretty nice, the inflationary model isn't for everyone and the ROI won't be as substantial as other Alt coins, but it has the potential to be very disruptive as a spenders currency.
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 09:54:40 PM

eMunie lol  Cheesy Cheesy
MsCollec
Legendary

Activity: 1400

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 10:02:59 PM

eMu is taking over this thread  Cheesy after so such FUD
SyRenity

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 10:14:29 PM

Off-topic, but I find it funny how every time that eMunie is mentioned in any topic, the Nxt "knights" immediately jump in to bash it.

I still trying to figure out if it's because you have 100% facts that it's a scam to relieve all of us from our precious coins, or it just because it supposed to provide all 2nd gen capabilities from day one on a mature and well tested platform, which Nxt only plans to add sometime in future, and may well crash Nxt valuation back to December levels? Smiley

Also, didn't we all agreed couple of pages ago to focus on Ethereum in this thread?
msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 10:20:54 PM

Off-topic, but I find it funny how every time that eMunie is mentioned in any topic, the Nxt "knights" immediately jump in to bash it.

I still trying to figure out if it's because you have 100% facts that it's a scam to relieve all of us from our precious coins, or it just because it supposed to provide all 2nd gen features from day one on mature and well tested platform, features that Nxt only plans to add sometime in future, and may well crash Nxt valuation back to December levels? Smiley

Also, didn't we all agreed to focus on Ethereum in this thread?

I'm heavily involved in Nxt, and my post above is not bashing eMu at all, in fact most Nxt people like eMu and think it will co-exist just fine.  I think it's just a vocal minority.  Now back to less interesting topics, Ethereum.
Herp

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 10:41:32 PM

eMunie lol  Cheesy Cheesy

Hmm just checked eMunie and seems interesting due to some 2.0 features and also for the anonymity factor. Thing is, though, built-in anonymity might not play well with some people. I can see the appeal though.

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

tk808
Legendary

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 10:52:54 PM

I still trying to figure out if it's because you have 100% facts that it's a scam to relieve all of us from our precious coins, or it just because it supposed to provide all 2nd gen capabilities from day one on a mature and well tested platform, which Nxt only plans to add sometime in future, and may well crash Nxt valuation back to December levels? Smiley

Also, didn't we all agreed couple of pages ago to focus on Ethereum in this thread?

I'm a heavy supporter of NXT, i'm a supporter of eMunie. eMunie is tech advancement, that has a lot of hard work into it.

When it comes to Ethereum though, i have no bias towards the tech advancements or features...etc.

What i have a problem with is the greedy cunts behind this project. And for that reason, this coin will not be a huge success. IPO valuation is not from this planet, public relations are non-existant and the reliance on puppets for propaganda is very high.

50% of the good talk towards eth on this thread has been from paid promoters. 30,000 btc is at stake, of course they are going to fake the hype with this shit.

the other 50% of people believe in the technology have 20 btc to spare in this, and the rest are just brainwashed by the bullshit, believing they are going to make a ROI. There is no ROI to be made by funding the IPO.

Instead take your BTC, buy a rig and get ready to mine this shit like every alt on day 1.
Herp

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 10:55:53 PM

I'm a heavy supporter of NXT, i'm a supporter of eMunie. eMunie is tech advancement, that has a lot of hard work into it.

When it comes to Ethereum though, i have no bias towards the tech advancements or features...etc.

What i have a problem with is the greedy cunts behind this project. And for that reason, this coin will not be a huge success. IPO valuation is not from this planet, public relations are non-existant and the reliance on puppets for propaganda is very high.

50% of the good talk towards eth on this thread has been from paid promoters. 30,000 btc is at stake, of course they are going to fake the hype with this shit.

the other 50% of people believe in the technology have 20 btc to spare in this, and the rest are just brainwashed by the bullshit, believing they are going to make a ROI. There is no ROI to be made by funding the IPO.

Instead take your BTC, buy a rig and get ready to mine this shit like every alt on day 1.

Just found out this about eMunie "Coupled with a built in self regulating supply and demand model, eMunie strives to be an actual currency instead of a commodity by encouraging spending instead of hoarding. "http://wiki.emunie.com/index.php/Main_Page

So f.. that. Thanks but no thanks!

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

gutshot5820

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 11:34:50 PM

This thread is such a joke.  You have the EXACT three or four guys repeating over and over again what a great product it is and attacking and demoralizing anyone who has a negative opinion about it.  Go to just about any forum thats sells products and you see the same pattern.  Three or four shills pumping up the product throughout the entire thread making it seem like the entire community thinks it is awesome.  This crowdfundraising is a total scam job.  Who in their right mind gives 30,000 in untraceable bitcoins to a bunch of total strangers that refuse to file the proper paperwork that is required when crowdfundraising.  This legally required fundraising is designed to provide transparency and protect people against fraud.  This is not your average coin launch that does a percentage of pre-mine for advertising.  They lost their right of anonymity as small time devs just casually creating coins when they asked for 36 million dollars from the public. When you ask for that kind of cash, you MUST file the proper paperwork.

They are asking YOU and the entire bitcoin community to TRUST them and GIVE them 30,000 BTC before launch and make them millions before one coin is mined with absolutely no documentation, no insurance, no bond, no transparency, no regulatory filings.  Do not let them deceive you.  This is not just another coin launch.  When you ask for this type of money, you MUST file the proper paperwork and background checks.  Who are these guys?  ONE youtube video and they are asking for 30,000 BTC.  Let them earn their money like every other dev, mine a small part and let the market decide how much the coins should be worth. Even if you like the tech DO NOT enable this kind of behaviour and let these fukin devs take advantage of the bitcoin community.  They want to be millionaires with YOUR money before even launching.  They want YOU to take ALL the risk while they become millionaires with ZERO risk.    They will be laughing all the way to the bank in their new Lamborghinis and Homes, while you are nervous about your money the entire time.  They have no sweat equity or money in of their own in this project.  Does this seem right to you?
mumung

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 11:39:11 PM

+1 eMunie is the true second generation coin

oh well .... *so sad*
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 1310 »
  Print  

Jump to: