Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:02:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 1310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Ethereum: Welcome to the Beginning  (Read 2003813 times)
Alphi

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 05:21:47 PM

This is a con:

Here is the reality:

https://ripple.com/wiki/Contracts

Contracts actually came out of the field of genomics.

https://peercover.com/deck#/

This is actually coded in >500,000 lines of code.

The founders of Ethereum stole and remarketed the entire pitch from the Ripple community with help from the Bitangels. All they did was pontificate and whitepaper what already exists in a more inefficient way.

By supporting Ethereum, you are supporting intellectual property theft and the very same media manipulated system of ages past. The sad reality is that the very people you trust are evil, vile, and despicable.

nobody wants your crapple... proprietary premined coin...
which ever system the world ends up using should be open source and free.
btw wasn't cripple supposed to be open sourced eventually anyways? if its open source there cant be any intellectual property theft or did you miss the whole point of open source?

in fact wasn't the whole idea of ripple ripped from Bitcoin? hmmm

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Alphi

Activity: 798

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 05:23:35 PM

If you support Ethereum you are fired - both metaphysically and spiritually from humanity. You are no longer human in my eyes because you are directly slowing technological progression and costing millions of human lives in the long run.

and with silly comments like that.. you sir, are ignored.

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e
becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 05:23:55 PM

Looks like a well organized IPO, which kind of worries me.
Cheesy ... exactly.

An attempt to create the "Matrix" but leave the really thorny questions of the crypto-world unresolved - the blockchain size infinity and txn fees derived out of fanciful anti-economics.
miramare

Activity: 1162
Merit: 568

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 05:28:04 PM

IPO just around the corner and still no word from the ether team ... chirp chirp.

with 4 founders and a dozen+ "developers, marketers, entrepreneurs, evangelists and partners"
you'd think they could spend sometime answering their potential investors and criticism...

• silent on bitcointalk
  • blog is down
  • facebook inactive
  • 0 tweets on twitter

I guess they have more important things to do ...

Yup, the most important thing is to find a big enough bag to hold money.   Grin Grin Grin Grin
_ingsoc

Activity: 452
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 05:29:26 PM

If you support Ethereum you are fired - both metaphysically and spiritually from humanity. You are no longer human in my eyes because you are directly slowing technological progression and costing millions of human lives in the long run.

Literally the most ridiculous thing I've read on Bitcointalk. Trying to force your own will onto others is exactly what you did with that statement. Are we not free to choose?

CryptKeeper
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 05:39:37 PM

Follow me on twitter! I'm a private Bitcoin and altcoin hodler. Giving away crypto for free on my Twitter feed!
jlspartz

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 05:41:03 PM

After 1 year        After 5 years
Currency units                                           1.9X                        3.5X
Fundraiser participants                                   52.6%                28.6%
Fiduciary members and early contributors           11.8%                6.42%
Additional pre-launch allocations                   2.63%                1.42%
Reserve                                                   11.8%                6.42%
Miners                                                   21.1%                57.1%

So... who's going to want to mine this?
How is fiduciary members at 11.8%? It says in the first post you will take X from the fundraiser and multiply by .5 for the fiduciary members premine, or does that include the reserve and "pre-launch allocations"?
The amounts seem quite... lavish <- doesn't quite fit, maybe gluttonously greedy.
_ingsoc

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 05:43:23 PM

As much as I want Ethereum to succeed, a fool and his money are soon parted. There has to be much stronger interaction with the community. These people are upset for many reasons. I will continue being an optimist and hope they won't be ignored.

LiveLife

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 05:49:23 PM

Hi All,

Bit of a newbie here and I'm not inclined to post much but I really wanted to chip in with my 2 cents worth. Unfortunately that will be all I will be chipping in.

I cannot overstate how disappointed I have been with this launch. I had heard great things about the team and the idea behind this project and after reading the white paper I've been really excited about the IPO and what Ethereum is planning to offer.

I had planned to invest on day 1.

I have read this entire thread from beginning to end and obviously, lots of questions, criticisms and concerns have been raised here. Some of them legitimate and some of them I'm sure not so. I am willing to give the benefit of the doubt to the devs and have been looking forward to hearing their rebuttal of the criticism.

I think it is absolutely unforgivable that not one member of the (large) team has been on here to offer any sort of answers to the many questions of potential investors who have legitimate concerns over the use of their hard earned. It is three days before the launch and I would have thought that they would be doing everything in their power to be putting people at their ease. I realise that they may have been busy over the weekend but there is simply no excuse for not getting on here and answering some questions. IMHO it smacks of arrogance.

Despite this I have not lost all interest in the project and will be following the launch closely. I for one however, will not be putting one mBTC on the line before getting some serious answers.

If anyone from the team actually reads this then please put us straight... Some serious PR needed now methinks...

_ingsoc

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 06:05:59 PM

Hi All,

Bit of a newbie here and I'm not inclined to post much but I really wanted to chip in with my 2 cents worth. Unfortunately that will be all I will be chipping in.

I cannot overstate how disappointed I have been with this launch. I had heard great things about the team and the idea behind this project and after reading the white paper I've been really excited about the IPO and what Ethereum is planning to offer.

I have read this entire thread from beginning to end and obviously, lots of questions, criticisms and concerns have been raised here. Some of them legitimate and some of them I'm sure not so. I am willing to give the benefit of the doubt to the devs and have been looking forward to hearing their rebuttal of the criticism.

I think it is absolutely unforgivable that not one member of the (large) team has been on here to offer any sort of answers to the many questions of potential investors who have legitimate concerns over the use of their hard earned. It is three days before the launch and I would have thought that they would be doing everything in their power to be putting people at their ease. I realise that they may have been busy over the weekend but there is simply no excuse for not getting on here and answering some questions. IMHO it smacks of arrogance.

Despite this I have not lost all interest in the project and will be following the launch closely. I for one however, will not be putting one mBTC on the line before getting some serious answers.

If anyone from the team actually reads this then please put us straight... Some serious PR needed now methinks...

This is a really good summary of what I think most Bitcointalk people feel as of late, which is also what is driving most of the negative stuff in this thread.

LiveLife

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 06:50:34 PM

Hi All,

This is a really good summary of what I think most Bitcointalk people feel as of late, which is also what is driving most of the negative stuff in this thread.

Cheers mate. This was my favourite quote from the white paper:

"the idea behind birthday-based proofs of work is simple: find values xn,i,j such that i < k, j < k and |H(data+xn+i) - H(data+xn+j)| < 2^256 / d^2."

Unfortunately this is about as simple as investing in Ethereum has become.  Huh
kdrop22

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 07:01:24 PM

I've added a question to the list:

(#) Ask them to make the case for why we need Proof of Work and the inflationary model of crypto-equity distribution? If Proof of Work is necessary for securing the blockchain, why aren't they going with a deflationary model which requires Ethers to be destroyed when spent to offset the justified inflation if it must be mined by Proof of Work?
+1

Ethereum might be a victim of its own success. If they end up raising 30 Million. Given that equity will be diluted at launch and there will be 0.4X (12 million supply coming in) + funds divested by investors + salaries payed to ethereum members etc...
We need a fresh infusion of 15 Million just to hold the price. An increase of 10x the price will require - 150 Million coming into the system.
I would say this is a great idea, however not such a good deal for investors.  
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 07:13:42 PM

We need a fresh infusion of 15 Million just to hold the price.

Economy works another way.
vtbean79

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 07:40:43 PM

I think dev team's plan is to wait until the last minute (probably a day before the launch) and start answering some easy questions so that it would appear as they're answering all the questions.  Hoping that would push some investors over last minute.  Otherwise, I cannot fathom why the dev team with their supposed large number of staff member (including PR) is leaving this thread abandoned... 
Paplari

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 08:27:25 PM

Too many red flags for me, dont want to be fanboy to any coin and investing to this IPO seems to require that. Few days to IPO and only ones here clarifying things to potential investors are other potential investors which is ridiculous and even they seem skeptical minus few fanboys of course. I dont mean to insult anyone but i dont know what else to call people who think doing IPO like this is just great and see no problems in the way this has been handled.
HinnomTX

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 08:43:45 PM

I don't know about everyone else here, but I'm sitting this one out. As I said before, mining is the easy way to play this. It's low risk, and if ETH ever takes off you'll get to enjoy a bit of the ride. Anyway, with BTC block #283810 approaching, my attention is focused on putting money to work (or rather, lighting it on fire) with Counterparty.

"One can only solve so much with cryptography. The rest of the solution will prove to be economic in nature." -Evan Duffield
Dash is Digital Cash.  https://www.dash.org
Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:06:23 PM

Given the lack of member participation on this thread it's apparent that they do not believe they need the broader community to support this.  While the potential for the science is amazing - I don't have much trust in the leadership here.
Nor do I plan on mining, which is what I do.  Makes no financial sense at this point with an ever increasing inventory of coins.
lemfuture

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:19:10 PM

Given the lack of member participation on this thread it's apparent that they do not believe they need the broader community to support this.  While the potential for the science is amazing - I don't have much trust in the leadership here.
Nor do I plan on mining, which is what I do.  Makes no financial sense at this point with an ever increasing inventory of coins.
at this rate, usd is looking better and better LoL

1ADLcfwTofFXb95pKhebpeRkJ4WTWsvQXB
BitcoinForumator
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:27:49 PM

Looks like a lot of people are going to invest their Ethereums into Dollars, because the inflation seems a bit better there.
pwpwpw

Activity: 908
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:58:25 PM

mining will start in 3days or thats just the funding date?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 1310 »
  Print  

Jump to: