Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 03:37:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 ... 725 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Spondoolies-Tech - carrier grade, data center ready mining rigs  (Read 1260002 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 08:41:50 PM

You don't if you have floor to ceiling double ended ventilation. Ie a door on one side and a door on the other....
I have my miners in my garage and this will be the first hot weekend of the summer. I'm hoping that by opening my garage door a few times a day I can recycle the air. Its north facing and thats where the cool wind comes from. If that doesnt work I have a 12000 BTC portable AC unit ready to go. Would rather not use it though.

Exactly! For the vast majority of the year I cool my miners passively, with 0W. In the summer I simply add a 60W fan to help aid the ventilation to ambient. Its 40x more efficient than using AC.

I hope noone can just blindly follow your suggestion.

There is a word called BTU. You dont just add 60w fan to cool.... you-dont-know how many kW.

Anyone looking to cool a mining room, needs to do proper calculation of the amount of air volume you need to move. With the dimension of the vent you have, you can calculate the air velocity required for that volume, then you can pick a fan.

Fan can use from 50w to 1000w.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 08:42:23 PM

When ambient is at an acceptable temperature, you just need ventilation. It doesn't matter how much heat you put into the air if you can simply substitute that air with ambient temp air.

You think if even is +40C?
Yep.

It doesn't matter how fast you wee into a cup, if I keep replacing your cup with an empty cup, you'll never fill it.

not quite a correct analogy.

Ventilation does not prevent turbulence. Air can be travel inefficiently that hot air got suck back into the miner .
You need to build a ducting system right at the rack. Thats the only way to control direction of air. Remember folks, you need ventilation and air direction control to be effective.

You don't if you have floor to ceiling double ended ventilation. Ie a door on one side and a door on the other....

Right, you expect the room layout to work with you. Stop making empty suggestion like this pls.

Build a ducting system from the rack to wherever the vent is.

Or, or, or, maybe this... don't put a mining farm in a room ill equipped for mining.

I choose my flats almost solely based on their suitability to mining and cooling. Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance!

RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 08:44:08 PM

When ambient is at an acceptable temperature, you just need ventilation. It doesn't matter how much heat you put into the air if you can simply substitute that air with ambient temp air.

Yep.

It doesn't matter how fast you wee into a cup, if I keep replacing your cup with an empty cup, you'll never fill it.

Ventilation does not prevent turbulence. Air can be travel inefficiently that hot air got suck back into the miner .
You need to build a ducting system right at the rack. Thats the only way to control direction of air. Remember folks, you need ventilation and air direction control to be effective.

Right, you expect the room layout to work with you. Stop making empty suggestion like this pls.

Or, or, or, maybe this... don't put a mining farm in a room ill equipped for mining.

I choose my flats almost solely based on their suitability to mining and cooling. Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance!

The 6 Ps!

raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 08:44:38 PM

Yep.

The 6 Ps!

P'ing all over the thread.  Cheesy

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
seriouscoin

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 08:44:44 PM

Yep.

So why dont you suggest that?

Ppl dont usually have luxury to choose their mining room. Not to mention residential house's rooms arent built to take 1+ kw of constant heat.
Zelek Uther

Activity: 700
Merit: 504

Run a Bitcoin node.

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 08:45:20 PM

SP can you please provide a link to some rackmount ears for the SP10?

There are so many options, I just want some that work on the SP10 without going through the trial-and-error of ordering the wrong ones a few times.

PM me if you are worried that it may seem you are "endorsing" a product.

Run a Bitcoin node, support the network.
Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051

Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 09:03:40 PM

SP can you please provide a link to some rackmount ears for the SP10?

There are so many options, I just want some that work on the SP10 without going through the trial-and-error of ordering the wrong ones a few times.

PM me if you are worried that it may seem you are "endorsing" a product.

It's custom made. Please contacts sales@spondoolies-tech.com
We'll add it as a product in our store soon.

The ears we can provide are only the front side mounting ears and you will need to add some additional mounting element to the rear side.

We are planning to solve it for the SP30 and to provide ears for both sides that may fit most if not all racks.

New Mimblewimble implementation: https://www.beam.mw
Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
QuiveringGibbage

Activity: 617
Merit: 543

http://idontALT.com

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 09:15:35 PM

SP: I noticed that on the http://www.spondoolies-tech.com/blogs/technical-blog/14123781-over-clocking-and-configuring-fan-speed-on-sp10 technical blog post the following is stated:

Max voltage: 555mv to 790mv.  Default: 790mv.

Please confirm if 790mv. is the Default value. I have yet to OC my SP10s but already noticed that my Max voltage is only set to 0.683v. Isn't this the default value? and that setting it to 790mv is actually the OC value?

Cheers,
QG

Bitcoin is at the tippity top of the mountain...but it's really only half way up.. Wink
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 09:26:30 PM

SP: I noticed that on the http://www.spondoolies-tech.com/blogs/technical-blog/14123781-over-clocking-and-configuring-fan-speed-on-sp10 technical blog post the following is stated:

Max voltage: 555mv to 790mv.  Default: 790mv.

Please confirm if 790mv. is the Default value. I have yet to OC my SP10s but already noticed that my Max voltage is only set to 0.683v. Isn't this the default value? and that setting it to 790mv is actually the OC value?

Cheers,
QG
No, that is super super max. Click on each of the presets then advanced and take a look at what each of those modes tries to set for an idea of what is going on.

QuiveringGibbage

Activity: 617
Merit: 543

http://idontALT.com

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 10:38:41 PM

No, that is super super max. Click on each of the presets then advanced and take a look at what each of those modes tries to set for an idea of what is going on.

that's "super super max." is what I am trying to point out. SP's document states "Default = 790mv" which I believe is incorrect. It should read Default =  683mv.

Please correct me if I am wrong Smiley

Cheers,
QG

Bitcoin is at the tippity top of the mountain...but it's really only half way up.. Wink
zvisha

Activity: 560

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 11:23:12 PM

that's "super super max." is what I am trying to point out. SP's document states "Default = 790mv" which I believe is incorrect. It should read Default =  683mv.

Cheers,
QG

This is the maximal voltage that the miner is *allowed* to reach in its dynamic scaling. Setting to 790mv is practically unlimited, it will stop somewhere between 670 and 710. depending on the temperature and the corner of the ASICs. If you want to make the miner more efficient (but less productive) you can set it to 660, 640 or even 600. I would not go under 580mv - some ASICs start to fail unless if you got a fast corner (but we were not lucky with our ASIC corners lately - only first batch can handle 550mv).
So far best configuration for first batch (April) is start-voltage:660, max-voltage:790, for second batch (early May) start-voltage:680, max-voltage:790.
I am working on making the scaling efficient on our latest batch (late May), hope to have results after the weekend.
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 11:37:55 PM

Cheers,
QG

This is the maximal voltage that the miner is *allowed* to reach in its dynamic scaling. Setting to 790mv is practically unlimited, it will stop somewhere between 670 and 710. depending on the temperature and the corner of the ASICs. If you want to make the miner more efficient (but less productive) you can set it to 660, 640 or even 600. I would not go under 580mv - some ASICs start to fail unless if you got a fast corner (but we were not lucky with our ASIC corners lately - only first batch can handle 550mv).
So far best configuration for first batch (April) is start-voltage:660, max-voltage:790, for second batch (early May) start-voltage:680, max-voltage:790.
I am working on making the scaling efficient on our latest batch (late May), hope to have results after the weekend.

What causes the variation between batches?

Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 12:05:35 AM

that's "super super max." is what I am trying to point out. SP's document states "Default = 790mv" which I believe is incorrect. It should read Default =  683mv.

Cheers,
QG

Normal ASIC production variations.
First batch was typical corner (middle of the bell shape curve)
Second and third batches were slow corner

All the miners will be within the 1.4 THs +- 10% published spec, hopefully on the plus side

Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
seriouscoin

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 12:20:12 AM

that's "super super max." is what I am trying to point out. SP's document states "Default = 790mv" which I believe is incorrect. It should read Default =  683mv.

Cheers,
QG

All the miners will be within the 1.4 THs +- 10% published spec, hopefully on the plus side

You didnt answer my previous questions, how is the exhaust air temperature measured? where is the sensor located and what type of sensor is it? (possible the name and model ) I assume the front/back temp are intake/exhaust air temp.

I have very good reasons to ask this.
wpgdeez

Activity: 728

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 12:20:25 AM

Cheers,
QG

Does that mean that the May batch is from the same wafer as the April batch just a less optimal spot closer to the edges rather than in the middle?
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 12:22:39 AM

Yep.

I have my miners in my garage and this will be the first hot weekend of the summer. I'm hoping that by opening my garage door a few times a day I can recycle the air. Its north facing and thats where the cool wind comes from. If that doesnt work I have a 12000 BTC portable AC unit ready to go. Would rather not use it though.

That portable AC unit won't do anything in your garage. Once your garage's ambient temperature starts to increase well into the 80's and lower 90's there isn't much you can do. And since most garage's aren't insulated (why would they be) they are hard to cool and hard to keep warm. They aren't designed to be. Notice no videos with these powered on? There's really no where you can put one in any house and not hear it.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
seriouscoin

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 12:27:13 AM

Yep.

That portable AC unit won't do anything in your garage. Once your garage's ambient temperature starts to increase well into the 80's and lower 90's there isn't much you can do. And since most garage's aren't insulated (why would they be) they are hard to cool and hard to keep warm. They aren't designed to be. Notice no videos with these powered on? There's really no where you can put one in any house and not hear it.

ehhh thats why they have BTU rating. Its meant to cool ambient air.

12000btu is plenty for 1.5kw. However if you have multiple SP10s.... you will have a problem.
Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 12:36:17 AM

Does that mean that the May batch is from the same wafer as the April batch just a less optimal spot closer to the edges rather than in the middle?

No. The two May batches are from the same wafers lot, different from March and April.

Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 12:37:41 AM

... how is the exhaust air temperature measured? where is the sensor located and what type of sensor is it? (possible the name and model ) I assume the front/back temp are intake/exhaust air temp ...

It's the weekend in Israel, it might take few days to answer

wpgdeez

Activity: 728

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 12:46:35 AM

Yep.

Its an attached double garage that is insulated since im in canada. I think it will work I'll place it right near the miners I take and ezhaust through the wall to the outside. Right now im running 21 S1's and I cant hear them inside. 1 SP10 cant make that much difference. Im already using loud server psu for some of my ants.
Pages: « 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 ... 725 »
  Print  

Jump to: