Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:20:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 [438] 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355393 times)
SpiryGolden

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 10:38:29 AM

We agree that this situation looks like PayPal fraud department f**** . Yeah i stop using Paypal for over 1 year since Bitcoin . I have no idea what people say here that PayPal is successful as many bussines understand how much harm they actually do . But did they had any other option till Bitcoin ? No .

Also here is our article : http://247cryptonews.com/vericoin-lack-integrity-bailout-mintpal-mistake/  
Not much but we want people to find out how stuff are going on . If i had 30% of vericoin and i have been hacked i bet all my bitcoins that Vericoin Team wouldn't have moved a single finger . We had a few Vericoins , now heading on Bittrex to sold them all . This entire operation it's becoming shady . Oh sh*t can't dump ....bittrex has VRC disable .

Goverment - Bailouts Banks . Vericoin - Bailouts Mintpal Smiley
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 10:41:09 AM

Mintpal has not provided proof (as far as I am aware) they were indeed hacked and not just claimed to have been hacked.

This sets a precedent now.

I can see a user getting 20% of the coin supply in the future...selling them for BTC or buying something for VRC and after they get what they want they can just cry foul and ask for the devs to roll back the VRC blockchain because they claimed they had coins stolen that were of "substantial" amount.

This is a joke what happened today.

Oh shit, you've been here all day all night arguing about vericoin. Why so fucking concerned as you aren't even holding any VRC? We know your intentions, now get lost and let it be.

Obviously you know nothing.

My purpose here is to out the bullshit as much as some of you may want to suppress it.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

DogTheHunter

Activity: 784
Merit: 272

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 10:41:43 AM

Like many others, I have a lot of Veri on Mint. The only reason its there, like everyone else, is to trade. No one uses Veri, so a rollback was feasible.

But it might have just fucked crypto in general.

What do you mean, you can rollback Bitcoin? That's what every government around the world will be told. That's what every bank is going to spell out as to why they won't allow crypto.

As soon as possible, I'm dumping my entire holding.

Stupid fucking decision.
Auna

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 10:42:48 AM

Mintpal has not provided proof (as far as I am aware) they were indeed hacked and not just claimed to have been hacked.

I can see a user getting 20% of the coin supply in the future...selling them for BTC or buying something for VRC and after they get what they want they can just cry foul and ask for the devs to roll back the VRC blockchain because they claimed they had coins stolen that were of "substantial" amount.

Oh shit, you've been here all day all night arguing about vericoin. Why so fucking concerned as you aren't even holding any VRC? We know your intentions, now get lost and let it be.

My purpose here is to out the bullshit as much as some of you may want to suppress it.

But why? OH WHY? Why so concerned? You just lost a shit load of money on URO?
piyany

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 10:42:59 AM

What about those transactions that took place in the meantime?

What if someone actually transferred big amounts of vrc to cryptsy and dumped them for btc. And now he finds out he still got the coins in his wallet...  Grin
SpiryGolden

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 10:44:02 AM

What if someone actually transferred big amounts of vrc to cryptsy and dumped them for btc. And now he finds out he still got the coins in his wallet...  Grin

He will enjoy his Bitcoin !! Smiley Great job Vericoin for fucking this up !
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 10:45:13 AM

It is funny for you to reach and try to find something to insult me on.

Nope as I already said...it is purely and solely to out the bullshit that has gone on today for what it is.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 10:46:34 AM

What if someone actually transferred big amounts of vrc to cryptsy and dumped them for btc. And now he finds out he still got the coins in his wallet...  Grin

He will enjoy his Bitcoin !! Smiley Great job Vericoin for fucking this up !

This is but one thing that the devs did not address and will not.

"Hey guys I lost my vericoin lunch money...can we roll back?"

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Dadams

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 10:46:52 AM

Wow.

I'm not someone for conspiracy theories and such.
But... please tell me that VeriCoin and VeriChip is just a very unlucky coincidence?

Hell maybe I have something wrong here...
someone here thinks that a coin like this is in keeping with Satoshi ideas?

Today we saw the bailout of an exchange.
I am sorry for the devs. It is not their fault they got put in this situation.
But the fact remains: they bailed out an exchange.

To the people saying: "they had to! so many coins too much for one person to own! they can attack the network!"
Just think about it.... those coins are being rolled back and going back to one entity.. Mintpal.
If it is unsafe in one entities hands, what does it matter if that entity is the hacker or Mintpal when it comes to the security of the network.
If the system inherently protects itself, as Bitcoin and all crypto's are allegedly designed to do, then it will protect itself in hands of hackers as well as exchanges. If more is to be gained by holding the stake than abusing the stake then all is safe.

If I was the hacker this is what I would do:
(Hacker take note)
I would send most of the coins to a ridiculous and inaccessible wallet called something like Mintpalsucksandhasnosecurity.
In that way you would destroy the coins, keeping a fee for showing this flaw to the community.
This would also negate the main reason for a rollback.
GridWorker

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 10:48:10 AM

(Hacker take note)
LoL rooting for the criminal.

Are you a wannabe criminal or an actual criminal?

vrc: VBL3M6EzwcYZWeuDpgjG9bDQzTKb4ydiDy
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 10:49:59 AM

To the people saying: "they had to! so many coins too much for one person to own! they can attack the network!"
Just think about it.... those coins are being rolled back and going back to one entity.. Mintpal.
If it is unsafe in one entities hands, what does it matter if that entity is the hacker or Mintpal when it comes to the security of the network.

If the system inherently protects itself, as Bitcoin and all crypto's are allegedly designed to do, then it will protect itself in hands of hackers as well as exchanges. If more is to be gained by holding the stake than abusing the stake then all is safe.

(Hacker take note)
I would send most of the coins to a ridiculous and inaccessible wallet called something like Mintpalsucksandhasnosecurity.
In that way you would destroy the coins, keeping a fee for showing this flaw to the community.
This would also negate the main reason for a rollback.

That is a very good question. I'd like to hear the answer to that.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 10:51:00 AM

Nope as I already said...it is purely and solely to out the bullshit that has gone on today for what it is.

You must be really butthurt. Idk why but it seems to be so Smiley Now ignore this fudster baby shit coin holder.

Obviously by your immature verbbage you are the one that is butthurt.

Did I say something you didn't like? Cry more please. Thanks  Grin Grin Grin

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Dadams

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 10:51:23 AM

(Hacker take note)
LoL rooting for the criminal.

Are you a wannabe criminal or an actual criminal?

Please actually read my post if you are going to quote parts of it.
Also, if you follow anything of what I have said today you will see that I am not rooting for the hacker.
Criminals are a cancer on society.

I do believe that we need a system that can't be hacked in this way though, otherwise it will keep happening.
By saving the exchange we allow its survival and the environment in which this happened.
It is good Mtgox is dead.
If you have cancer on your body, sometimes you need to cut your leg off.
If you just put a bandaid on it, the cancer grows.
mdtspain
Legendary

Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 10:51:34 AM

The thing is serious and I believe that BigDaddyWooWoo, who is active on another thread is right. I quote:

The bigger problem in all this is the "rollback", or the ability to do so.  Crypto has a real world trust issue and this makes it 100 times worse.  If I am a merchant there is no way in hell now that I would accept digital currency as now I have no idea if I get to keep my money. If the ledger can be rolled back on a whim then decentralized currencies are dead.

M/C and Visa have this issue to an extent but they cannot roll back an entire public ledger for as far back as they want to go.  Also, they are already entrenched where crypto is just getting a foothold.

Fungibility is extremely important.  Trust is extremely important.  Confidence is extremely important.  This is not a Vericoin problem.  This is a digital currency problem.  This affects the entire cryptosphere. This is now our problem.

I am converting all my holdings to BTC and hoping that it will weather the storm.  If it begins to take a hit back to fiat I go.  It sucks but the bed has been made now.  Not being chicken little here, just being objective and safe with my investments.
cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 10:52:54 AM

Developmental issue vs. Business Security Failure.

Worlds apart. Apples and oranges. lol

The solution is still the same even if the event is different. Were Mintpal's breach to have occurred to Bitcoin when it was in its infancy you know damn well it would have been dealt with the same way and everybody would have been cheering the dev team for stopping the thieves in their tracks. Just because the cryptocurrency world is now awash with multiple currencies who all wish to be as successful as VRC has been so far, this thread becomes a target for screaming ignorance and sky-is-falling hysteria.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 10:53:18 AM

The thing is serious and I believe that BigDaddyWooWoo, who is active on another thread is right. I quote:

The bigger problem in all this is the "rollback", or the ability to do so.  Crypto has a real world trust issue and this makes it 100 times worse.  If I am a merchant there is no way in hell now that I would accept digital currency as now I have no idea if I get to keep my money. If the ledger can be rolled back on a whim then decentralized currencies are dead.

M/C and Visa have this issue to an extent but they cannot roll back an entire public ledger for as far back as they want to go.  Also, they are already entrenched where crypto is just getting a foothold.

Fungibility is extremely important.  Trust is extremely important.  Confidence is extremely important.  This is not a Vericoin problem.  This is a digital currency problem.  This affects the entire cryptosphere. This is now our problem.

I am converting all my holdings to BTC and hoping that it will weather the storm.  If it begins to take a hit back to fiat I go.  It sucks but the bed has been made now.  Not being chicken little here, just being objective and safe with my investments.

So far it is just a VRC problem. No other crypto has done this yet.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

SpiryGolden

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 10:54:04 AM

You must be really butthurt. Idk why but it seems to be so Smiley Now ignore this fudster baby shit coin holder.

Auna here are "Hero Members" more trustful and actually did more to Bitcoin Community then you ever did in sh*tcoin community . Your lack of experience and commeting at other high experience users telling them that it's FUD cause you couldn't reply to inteligent questions , regarding crypto market stability  . Oh yes a bullshit like this would and affect Bitcoin Economy too . Since it's a huge chance that somebody have now Vericoin that had been sold before on other exchanges .

Calm down & stop screaming FUD for every question or remark . Because you aren't speaking with 10-20 posts users . ok ?  
Casu

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 10:54:35 AM

This sums it up pretty much perfectly, yet instead of addressing the issue people are just labeling anyone that might affect their short term investment as 'butthurt' or 'crying like a baby'.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 10:56:23 AM

Developmental issue vs. Business Security Failure.

Worlds apart. Apples and oranges. lol

The solution is still the same even if the event is different. Were Mintpal's breach to have occurred to Bitcoin when it was in its infancy you know damn well it would have been dealt with the same way and everybody would have been cheering the dev team for stopping the thieves in their tracks. Just because the cryptocurrency world is now awash with multiple currencies who all wish to be as successful as VRC has been so far, this thread becomes a target for screaming ignorance and sky-is-falling hysteria.

Nope. MTGOX got hacked in June 2011 (infancy).

BTC-e was hacked in 2012 (infancy).

Neither time did Bitcoin devs roll back anything for those hacks.

Let me name drop on you some huge bitcoin scams that were never rolled back on: MyBitcoin.com, Bitcoinica, PirateAt40's Bitcoin Savings and Trust, ...and those were all in mid 2012 or prior.

So don't play this supposition that I the devs WOULD do something similar if Bitcoin was in its infancy. I just proved your point wrong.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 10:56:37 AM

You're a fucking joke. I doubt smoothie would be butthurt by any alt except maybe ltc :p

Stop talking like you're big shit!
Pages: « 1 ... 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 [438] 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: