Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:25:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 [641] 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
FryguyUK
Legendary

Activity: 801
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 03:52:41 AM

Feel sorry for you guys must be panicky at the moment and I sincerely hope it rises again and proves me silly for being a weak hand today. Good luck

PS even if the buy order clears and remains bare for a couple days it doesn't mean buys won't flood in for anything new, just don't start competitively selling and giving up.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ELMER_FUD

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 04:00:36 AM

One large red flag for me was the devs touting "record stake figures" while the staking transparency system has been broken for who knows how long. Almost like we're being strung along here. And I'm sure many of the optimistic ones are those who got in at under 1000SAT and sold off large chunks at high prices. I'd be throwing water on the fud too if I were them.

The staking system isn't broken though, it's just being misinterpreted.  The total stake weight has been seeing record highs but people are confusing the stake weight as the actual amount of coins staking, which it is not.  (See: http://vericoinnews.info/latest-news/a-word-on-staking )

VRC Tip Jar: VERiTAS2MPYM94kTwtni3GvnwdmWXqJsQf
mrcashking

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 04:22:07 AM

Sold my Vericoin's I'll be back though. Just have to flip my btc's.  Great team, awesome that we can actually see a team out and working in person.
altcoinUK

Activity: 784

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 04:23:54 AM
Last edit: August 12, 2014, 04:45:15 AM by altcoinUK

+1,000,000,000

Since you still believe in the fundamentals of this project which is really good and I am sure you are correct about that, and you have offered me the opportunity to buy my coins, will you put the 50 BTC buy order at bittrex or not? By putting the 50 BTC buy order you would do not only hype making with a new nick, but could act and show real support for the coin and most importantly you could have my cheap coins what you wanted.

If you can find someone that's willing to gift me 50 BTC then I'd be happy to buy them but otherwise, we're both out of luck because my entire cryptocurrency portfolio is only a fraction of that as I tend to put a much larger portion of my money into tangible assets (i.e. precious metals) than I do virtual ones.  

Either way though, it sounds to me as if the fallacious argument that you're trying to make is based upon a false dichotomy (aka a false dilemma).

OK then. You clearly said you will buy my cheap coins. As you don't have money, you obviously can't do that, so better next time don't talk about buying if you don't have the money.

After all, it is understandable, you are just one of the new nicks registered today to continue to make the hype and lecture real money investors about what to think and say about this coin. In the meantime the price is already 8k so the hype making obviously don't work and if a new investor see that 0 day nicks like you make the hype while the devs are absent - they will just turn around and never come back. It would be better you hardcore hype making cheerleaders would have rest and let supporters with real money fix this mess. From the empty words about the great process and with your empty wallet this coin won't be fixed.
altcoinUK

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 04:40:37 AM

And I'm sure many of the optimistic ones are those who got in at under 1000SAT and sold off large chunks at high prices. I'd be throwing water on the fud too if I were them.

Exactly that's what happening here. Plus many of the optimistic one were mined the coin, they can still sell at 5K with profit, others invested very little (the most vocal guy socal has only 11k) so of course they don't care about price drop.
MAD945

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 04:41:34 AM

Guys guys guys....really!?!

I have never met more impatient, immature, self righteous investors in my life. You guys do realize this coin is only 3 1/2 months old right? The DEVs have been in here to baby and hold your hands, and still you guys cry and whine. They've answered all the questions, accusations and concerns and still...you ask for more and more. They've told you their plans and they will come through on those plans plus more. The price has been manipulated since the drop from 32k and is still being accumulated. There will be a posted article about the accumulation happening with hard facts and proof. Just take a deep breath and think about what's in the works...no other coin has long term vision these DEVs have.

This is the first summer of the alt coins, 80% of these coins will be gone by Christmas. The only coins that will be around will be the ones with active development and innovation. You watch what happens when these coins go down in price and you will see which coins stop development because they can't take the heat. These DEVs are in for the long haul...I will be here to support and help the community grow *end rant*
ELMER_FUD

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 04:45:02 AM

+1,000,000,000

Since you still believe in the fundamentals of this project which is really good and I am sure you are correct about that, and you have offered me the opportunity to buy my coins, will you put the 50 BTC buy order at bittrex or not? By putting the 50 BTC buy order you would do not only hype making with a new nick, but could act and show real support for the coin and most importantly you could have my cheap coins what you wanted.

If you can find someone that's willing to gift me 50 BTC then I'd be happy to buy them but otherwise, we're both out of luck because my entire cryptocurrency portfolio is only a fraction of that as I tend to put a much larger portion of my money into tangible assets (i.e. precious metals) than I do virtual ones.  

Either way though, it sounds to me as if the fallacious argument that you're trying to make is based upon a false dichotomy (aka a false dilemma).

OK then. You clearly said you will buy my cheap coins. As you don't have money, you obviously can't do that, so better next time don't talk about buying if you don't have the money.

After all, it is understandable, you are just one of the new nicks registered today to continue to make the hype and lecture real money investors about what to think and say about this coin. In the meantime the price is already 8k so the hype making obviously don't work and if a new investor see that 0 day nicks like you make the hype while the devs are absent - they will just turn around and never come back. It would be better you hardcore hype making cheerleaders would have rest and let supporters with real money fix this mess. From the hype about the great process and with your 0.5 BTC asset this coin won't be fixed.

There's no reason to twist my words.  I hate to have to repeat myself but perhaps your reading comprehension isn't as strong as it could be so I'll say it again for the second time:
Instead of constantly whining about it, I think it would be better if those of you with weak hands would just get it over with and dump so that those of us who are in it for the longer term, who still like the overall fundamentals of VRC can scoop up some cheaper coins.

Anyway, I've been aggressively buying the dips on MintPal for the last two days and have tripled down at these prices after having first bought during the middle of the last pump so now my dollar cost average is looking a lot better than it was.  Also, as far as hype goes, the word itself generally denotes exaggeration and/or deceptive claims, of which I have made neither.  I tend to stick to the facts and don't need to resort to using emotional pleas, outright lies (as in my 0.5 BTC asset), deception or hyperbole, as you seem to do.  

Oh, and by the way, the ENTIRE altcoin market is down today.  I'm sure you'll try to blame the entire thing on the VeriCoin devs though because it seems that's what you FUDsters like to do.

Amalgamus

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 04:47:51 AM

Instead of constantly whining about it, I think it would be better if those of you with weak hands would just get it over with and dump so that those of us who are in it for the longer term, who still like the overall fundamentals of VRC can scoop up some cheaper coins.  

Even it's clear that people like me who invested hard cash into this thing didn't bring the price to 9K, and perhaps it is understandable I could have comments about what is happening, still you are absolutely right, I shouldn't wonder here about the situation and just better to drop the thing on bittrex. I would take on your offer, so could you please put a 50 BTC buy wall and I will let you have the cheap coins.
At the current price 25 BTC are enough to buy 300k.
I also bought for 37 BTC worth of Vericoin and won't sale at that price. I'll buy more soon... No stress for me.
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 04:59:18 AM

One of the very few actually buying: Just got my full (modest) order filled under 9k. People still dumping hands over fists.

The project, with the devs totally absent for all intents and meaningful purposes, is lacking direction and, above all, achievements. No one outside of the fully stretched VRC community, sees any future in this project, the same way they don't in BC. By the time Doug is back from vacation, his hobby project might easily have lost another couple of digits. Nature of the beast. Anyone seeing any reason, any real reason at all for a rebound any time soon? I didn't think so. Neither do all those dumping quite massively every single day...

So they dump and move to projects perceived as having one.

That simple.

How come you didn't buy Litecoin instead?  It's down to $5.60 right now.  I'm just curious as to why you'd want to buy an alt in which you seem to hold it's devs in such low esteem.

When you state "such low esteem", are you referring to the devs, personally or as devs of VRC? Because, on both counts, you are wrong. Personally, I find them to be somewhat grown children with a lot more to grow, a lot to learn -especially that they are far less intelligent than they believe they are-.  As devs of VRC, they need to be proven. So far they have come quite short on every aspect, but it is too early, in my opinion, to render a definitive evaluation... although they are racing against the clock now and, this being crypto, they may find that they are not going to have the time they need, even if they are capable of fully delivering... which, at this juncture, it is quite open to speculation.

But to answer your specific question, it seemed like a good idea at the time.
ELMER_FUD

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 05:05:43 AM

I have never met more impatient, immature, self righteous investors in my life. You guys do realize this coin is only 3 1/2 months old right? The DEVs have been in here to baby and hold your hands, and still you guys cry and whine. They've answered all the questions, accusations and concerns and still...you ask for more and more. They've told you their plans and they will come through on those plans plus more. The price has been manipulated since the drop from 32k and is still being accumulated. There will be a posted article about the accumulation happening with hard facts and proof. Just take a deep breath and think about what's in the works...no other coin has long term vision these DEVs have.

This is the first summer of the alt coins, 80% of these coins will be gone by Christmas. The only coins that will be around will be the ones with active development and innovation. You watch what happens when these coins go down in price and you will see which coins stop development because they can't take the heat. These DEVs are in for the long haul...I will be here to support and help the community grow *end rant*

I don't think that they're really investors but if they are then they have to be some of the stupidest investors around because who in their right mind would publicly attack the development team of an alt that they have a vested interest in seeing succeed?  Think about it.  That's why I brought up my past experience in dealing with paid bashers on stock trading forums, because a few of the people on this thread fit that same bill.  Given the outside attacks on VRC (on MintPal, on the supernodes, etc.) there's definitely a possibility that they just want to con people into thinking that they're disgruntled investors while they continually spread FUD in order to scare new investors away.

altcoinUK

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 05:07:55 AM

Oh, and by the way, the ENTIRE altcoin market is down today.  I'm sure you'll try to blame the entire thing on the VeriCoin devs though because it seems that's what you FUDsters like to do.

Nothing is wrong with the altcoin market. I bought into viacoin when it was the same price as vericoin and I am very happy for the viacoin price, all I said it would be great to see such success with vericoin too. Anyway, it's really no point to argue about this whole thing, good luck with the process, I am sure you will fix it.
ELMER_FUD

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 05:22:38 AM

One of the very few actually buying: Just got my full (modest) order filled under 9k. People still dumping hands over fists.

The project, with the devs totally absent for all intents and meaningful purposes, is lacking direction and, above all, achievements. No one outside of the fully stretched VRC community, sees any future in this project, the same way they don't in BC. By the time Doug is back from vacation, his hobby project might easily have lost another couple of digits. Nature of the beast. Anyone seeing any reason, any real reason at all for a rebound any time soon? I didn't think so. Neither do all those dumping quite massively every single day...

So they dump and move to projects perceived as having one.

That simple.

How come you didn't buy Litecoin instead?  It's down to $5.60 right now.  I'm just curious as to why you'd want to buy an alt in which you seem to hold it's devs in such low esteem.

When you state "such low esteem", are you referring to the devs, personally or as devs of VRC? Because, on both counts, you are wrong. Personally, I find them to be somewhat grown children with a lot more to grow, a lot to learn -especially that they are far less intelligent than they believe they are-.  As devs of VRC, they need to be proven. So far they have come quite short on every aspect, but it is too early, in my opinion, to render a definitive evaluation... although they are racing against the clock now and, this being crypto, they may find that they are not going to have the time they need, even if they are capable of fully delivering... which, at this juncture, it is quite open to speculation.

But to answer your specific question, it seemed like a good idea at the time.

I apologize if English isn't your first language and that went over your head.  Maybe this will help: http://www.spanishdict.com/answers/161576/-what-is-to-hold-in-low-esteem-i-dont-understand-it-in-english

From all that I've gathered, they certainly seem smart enough to me.  I'm a polymath myself and have a younger brother that has an IQ of 178, who worked on finding genes for schizophrenia while working in the lab when he was an undergrad at Johns Hopkins so I think I have a good idea of what intelligence is.

From their bio:
"Patrick holds three US patents, and as a dual PhD candidate in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, he is the co-inventor of five or more additional patents including one on influenza therapeutics with Douglas Pike."

As far as them not having enough time, well then maybe you should stop pestering them to keep coming on here and holding your hand and explaining every little thing everytime your emotions start getting the best of you.  Maybe you should either sell or leave them alone to further develop this coin. 

ELMER_FUD

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 05:29:46 AM

Oh, and by the way, the ENTIRE altcoin market is down today.  I'm sure you'll try to blame the entire thing on the VeriCoin devs though because it seems that's what you FUDsters like to do.

Nothing is wrong with the altcoin market. I bought into viacoin when it was the same price as vericoin and I am very happy for the viacoin price, all I said it would be great to see such success with vericoin too. Anyway, it's really no point to argue about this whole thing, good luck with the process, I am sure you will fix it.

Are you nuts?  Aside from Viacoin and a small handful of other alts, the ENTIRE altcoin market is a sea of red today.  Litecoin even went as far down as $4.85 earlier.  Jeez, you people are really something else.

http://bitcoinwisdom.com/

http://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/btce/ltcusd

barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 05:36:09 AM

I don't think that they're really investors but if they are then they have to be some of the stupidest investors around because who in their right mind would publicly attack the development team of an alt that they have a vested interest in seeing succeed?  Think about it.  That's why I brought up my past experience in dealing with paid bashers on stock trading forums, because a few of the people on this thread fit that same bill.  Given the outside attacks on VRC (on MintPal, on the supernodes, etc.) there's definitely a possibility that they just want to con people into thinking that they're disgruntled investors while they continually spread FUD in order to scare new investors away.

If you know of anyone willing to pay decent money, I can submit scripts, convincing ones. The subjects are ripe all over the place.

What you fail to see in your narrow vision of things is that hiding from truth and reality has never, ever, produced any meaningfully positive results.

on the other hand, only people of very peculiar minds can attribute to the posts of Bobsurplus or Smoothie ANY bearing at all on the price ... and this is not just opinion but demonstrated fact, repeatedly, when in the most heated moment of their attacks -and others, not just those two-, the preci not only remained for many days above 30k but actually rebounded from that level a number of times... immediately after the controversial roll back. So pretending now that this sustained dumping, of weeks, has anything whatsoever to do with whatever anyone (but the devs) posts here, is... lets just leave, very generously, on NAIVE, ok?

Now, that the devs posting here or anywhere else -or NOT posting here or anywhere else-, give the impression that there's nowhere to go by VRC but down for there's nothing to look for in the future but a white paper written while on vacation, THAT can influence a bit of people of the fence to sell and look for more promising ventures.

You see, what the devs post, here or anywhere else, IS important and potentially market moving. That's why the should be much more intelligent, and careful, with what they post, than they have proven to be so far. People want them to show here, it is understandable, but they should be aware, and, again, careful, about what image they project when they post here and never post viscerally -much less arrogantly- because the wrong impression -and that's all that is needed to move markets down- is quite easy to produce and impossible to erase.

In other words, investors have reached the moment where they demand that the devs put up AND shut up. If they ask for time, there isn't any left. Can they control, of try to, this downfall? Of course, but it would mean coming out with specifics, timetables and specifics that are more than promising. And even that would be a tough sell. As I have pointed out already before, it is imperative, in my opinion, that they do so. Now. Before it is too late and there's no possible return.

Before everything is lost.
altcoinUK

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 05:43:02 AM

Are you nuts?  Aside from Viacoin and a small handful of other alts, the ENTIRE altcoin market is a sea of red today.  Litecoin even went as far down as $4.85 earlier.  Jeez, you people are really something else.

Are you nuts? The issue is not the today market dynamics you fan boy, the issue is that Vericoin price dropped more than 80% in the last few weeks, none of the legit coins had such performance. Jeez, you hardcore cheerleaders are really something else.

Now, really, I had enough from this debate, good luck with the process.
socal

Activity: 532

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 05:51:32 AM

You guys ever notice how the FUD squad barabbas and altcoinUK are almost ALWAYS on at the same time? I wonder who is the sock puppet of who...oh wait, I really don't care.

Oh and btw as per the Devs on twitter BIG secret things in store for this coming weekend, proof here.
https://twitter.com/VeriCoin/status/499036139651883009

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
ELMER_FUD

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 05:53:27 AM

If you know of anyone willing to pay decent money, I can submit scripts, convincing ones. The subjects are ripe all over the place.

What you fail to see in your narrow vision of things is that hiding from truth and reality has never, ever, produced any meaningfully positive results.

on the other hand, only people of very peculiar minds can attribute to the posts of Bobsurplus or Smoothie ANY bearing at all on the price ... and this is not just opinion but demonstrated fact, repeatedly, when in the most heated moment of their attacks -and others, not just those two-, the preci not only remained for many days above 30k but actually rebounded from that level a number of times... immediately after the controversial roll back. So pretending now that this sustained dumping, of weeks, has anything whatsoever to do with whatever anyone (but the devs) posts here, is... lets just leave, very generously, on NAIVE, ok?

Now, that the devs posting here or anywhere else -or NOT posting here or anywhere else-, give the impression that there's nowhere to go by VRC but down for there's nothing to look for in the future but a white paper written while on vacation, THAT can influence a bit of people of the fence to sell and look for more promising ventures.

You see, what the devs post, here or anywhere else, IS important and potentially market moving. That's why the should be much more intelligent, and careful, with what they post, than they have proven to be so far. People want them to show here, it is understandable, but they should be aware, and, again, careful, about what image they project when they post here and never post viscerally -much less arrogantly- because the wrong impression -and that's all that is needed to move markets down- is quite easy to produce and impossible to erase.

In other words, investors have reached the moment where they demand that the devs put up AND shut up. If they ask for time, there isn't any left. Can they control, of try to, this downfall? Of course, but it would mean coming out with specifics, timetables and specifics that are more than promising. And even that would be a tough sell. As I have pointed out already before, it is imperative, in my opinion, that they do so. Now. Before it is too late and there's no possible return.

Congrats!  I think you just won the unintelligible post of the day award.  I'm pretty good with puzzles and word games but my brain hurts just from trying to decipher it so for now I'm just going to let it be. 

barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 06:15:03 AM

You guys ever notice how the FUD squad barabbas and altcoinUK are almost ALWAYS on at the same time? I wonder who is the sock puppet of who...oh wait, I really don't care.

Oh and btw as per the Devs on twitter BIG secret things in store for this coming weekend, proof here.
https://twitter.com/VeriCoin/status/499036139651883009

Well it is something, whatever that "big secret" turns out to be. In principle it has helped stop the sell off, just that announcement, so perhaps the devs are beginning to pay a bit of attention...

As for you toxic boy, get back under the tinfoil. or not. What your conspiracy theory now, that UK and I are somehow coordinated? He's contemplating selling a huge stake and I just bought a minimal, modest (by comparison) amount, so not only we are not coordinated but we seem to be, at this moment, more or less ready to bet on opposite directions...

But I understand you'd be confused,,, after all, at your level, all seems to be a bit of a foggy vision all the time anyways, isn't it?
MAD945

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 06:16:58 AM

I think what barabbass was tring to say was.....

S M A R T !
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 06:18:09 AM

Congrats!  I think you just won the unintelligible post of the day award.  I'm pretty good with puzzles and word games but my brain hurts just from trying to decipher it so for now I'm just going to let it be. 

More accessible: I am available for hire. If you know of anyone willing to pay some decent wages, I can do an excellent job either cheerleading or the opposite. I never found anyone willing but you seem to have experience, or so you say.

It will have to be under a different handle -and I don't have any other, so it would have to be created- since Barabbas is committed to the truth, no exceptions...
Pages: « 1 ... 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 [641] 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: