Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:08:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 [645] 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
ScottAllyn

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

¿ʇɐɥʍ

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2014, 10:50:57 PM

[...]Stake Weight is 22.2M ATM

This is a very worysome statistic, considering only 40 hours ago we were above 28 million. And it can only mean that millions of coins have been moved to the exchanges and dumped, hence the trajectory in the price.

It's not worrisome at all. I suggest that you take some time to read up on how PoS works and try to be a little less quick to jump to "doom and gloom" conclusions. Coins are constantly building up and losing their Stake Weight. This likely contributes to some of the constant ups and downs that we see with the Network Stake over relatively short periods of time. The Network Stake has been above 28 Million four times today, once within the past hour. The high for the day is 31 Million. Smiley

Ignored User Cleanup Script - Completely hide ignored users!
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
souljah1h
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

Hyperspace snail

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2014, 10:55:55 PM

how is the butthurt? This is going where all the other flashmined coins go: zero

(just dumped my cinni today)

I'd ask you to invest your cinni-buns in VRC, but we really need "smart" money ATM... Top 100 wallets (and likely more) are proof of smart money invested in VeriCoin.

Stake Weight is 22.2M ATM

This is a very worysome statistic, considering only 40 hours ago we were above 28 million. And it can only mean that millions of coins have been moved to the exchanges and dumped, hence the trajectory in the price.

Of course these numbers, both, are not very meaningful for we don't really know, from them, ANYTHING at all. When/if the REAL number of coins staking are included in the upcoming wallent, THEN AND ONLY THEN we will have a REAL statistic, instead of a bull... inexact one.
As the coins stake, the weight resets, so thats why you see those big swings in the numbers

_@/'
albert_mt

Activity: 225

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 10:56:26 PM

how is the butthurt? This is going where all the other flashmined coins go: zero

I'd ask you to invest your cinni-buns in VRC, but we really need "smart" money ATM... Top 100 wallets (and likely more) are proof of smart money invested in VeriCoin.

22.2M is staking from 26M, that's a great community support.
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 10:59:17 PM

[...]Stake Weight is 22.2M ATM

It's not worrisome at all. I suggest that you take some time to read up on how PoS works and try to be a little less quick to jump to "doom and gloom" conclusions. Coins are constantly building up and losing their Stake Weight. This likely contributes to some of the constant ups and downs that we see with the Network Stake over relatively short periods of time. The Network Stake has been above 28 Million four times today, once within the past hour. The high for the day is 31 Million. Smiley

I am not particularly interested in "learning" about an statistic that lacks meaning completely and can can jump up and down to the tune of 25-30% in a matter of minutes. It serves no purpose from the investing standpoint, and very limited from the network strength one. I consider in unnecessary and meaningless, basically, when it is perfectly possible to know how many REAL coins are staking every single moment, which is the statistic that matters.

Sue me for assuming that a jump (down) of 20%, equaling 6 million "coins" is "worrysome". I would remind you that, according to one of our devs, "it can be too much higher (than the real number)".

Nevertheless, it is reassuring that people like you so nicely and promptly can eliminate the "worry" part in worrysome. Thank you.
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 11:00:10 PM

Uh, no, those are not real coins? The previous several pages deal with that subject in some detail...
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 11:01:16 PM

Of course these numbers, both, are not very meaningful for we don't really know, from them, ANYTHING at all. When/if the REAL number of coins staking are included in the upcoming wallent, THEN AND ONLY THEN we will have a REAL statistic, instead of a bull... inexact one.
As the coins stake, the weight resets, so thats why you see those big swings in the numbers

Thank you for the additional info. Still, it remains worthless as an indicator of strength in the community holding coins.
ScottAllyn

Activity: 236

¿ʇɐɥʍ

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2014, 11:02:30 PM

[...]
Sue me for assuming that a jump (down) of 20%, equaling 6 million "coins" is "worrysome". I would remind you that, according to one of our devs, "it can be too much higher (than the real number)".

Lol. You're such a drama queen.

Ignored User Cleanup Script - Completely hide ignored users!
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 11:07:48 PM

@barabbas

coinweight is a much better indicator for time estimation of your block/interest time.
the amount of coins alone wont give a clear indication therefor.
this is the reason why coinweight is displayed.
i agree though that it would be nice to see the amount of coins staking too and as already stated it will be implemented.

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 11:16:16 PM

@barabbas

coinweight is a much better indicator for time estimation of your block/interest time.
i agree though that it would be nice to see the amount of coins staking too and as already stated it will be implemented.

This is where I normally "lose it". Indicator of what, how much your staking coins are producing? It cannot be more than 2.5% TOTAL, IN A YEAR so who the hell cares even remotely about that?? Come on... I understand it will be an indicator of some loose value for the devs to know the strength, so to speak, of the network, but they will have a very close idea of it by looking at the REAL numbers, just the same.

So, I will repeat: Meaningless.
albert_mt

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 11:21:15 PM

Uh, no, those are not real coins? The previous several pages deal with that subject in some detail...

Thank you! I am not experienced with the concept and difference between virtual and real coins. I will read back several page the conversation.
criptix
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 11:21:32 PM

@barabbas

This is where I normally "lose it". Indicator of what, how much your staking coins are producing? It cannot be more than 2.5% TOTAL, IN A YEAR so who the hell cares even remotely about that?? Come on... I understand it will be an indicator of some loose value for the devs to know the strength, so to speak, of the network, but they will have a very close idea of it by looking at the REAL numbers, just the same.

for people who are staking its quite important to know when they probaly get a block - even more if you are staking 24/7. also additionaly to the interest you also receive tx fees.
with this marketcap right now its not much, but with a higher marketcap this can be alot of money.

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
  ██████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 11:27:37 PM

@barabbas

for people who are staking its quite important to know when they probaly get a block - even more if you are staking 24/7. also additionaly to the interest you also receive tx fees.
with this marketcap right now its not much, but with a higher marketcap this can be alot of money.

Why don't you elaborate a bit more on that subject? It seems to me there have been a bunch willing to jump on the high end of insults and really adding no knowledge to the matter... when you say "a lot of money", what is "a lot of money" to you? Because, in my book, I don't care what valuation it has -I mean I DO care, very much, but you get my meaning-, 2.5% is just a very paltry percentage of whatever the amount is, something that can be achieved many times, a day, just trading those coins, so as far as profitability it is nil. Now, if through fees I can get "a lot of money" staking, additionally, it could be quite the selling point, so please DO elaborate on this and be free to use different price scenarios.
criptix
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 11:47:24 PM

@barabbas

Why don't you elaborate a bit more on that subject? It seems to me there have been a bunch willing to jump on the high end of insults and really adding no knowledge to the matter...

i am not sure if you understand what i am talking about, but i will try to explain.

im telling you that it is very important from a perspective of a staker to know when he actually stakes a block.
you can compare this to bitcoin mining, the miner also wants to know when he gets a block or rather a time estimation of that.

the transactions fees was just one of the reason why it is important to know how much time you need to stake/mine a block.
every block contains x amounts of transactions which contains transactions fees which goes to the staker/miner of the block.

when you say "a lot of money", what is "a lot of money" to you? Because, in my book, I don't care what valuation it has -I mean I DO care, very much, but you get my meaning-, 2.5% is just a very paltry percentage of whatever the amount is, something that can be achieved many times, a day, just trading those coins, so as far as profitability it is nil. Now, if through fees I can get "a lot of money" staking, additionally, it could be quite the selling point, so please DO elaborate on this and be free top use different price scenarios.

well if vericoin has a higher marketcap the interest and txfee's you receive as a staker will be much more worth then it is if the marketcap would be lower. that was all i wanted to point out.

that you dont care about 2,5% because you think every daytrader does alot of profit is neither true nor related to my explaination or the question itself.

interest rate in pos coins is just the incentive to providing support to the network like mining bitcoin blocks give you right now 25 btc + txfee's of that block.

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
  ██████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
MAD945

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:19:41 AM

Every other POS coin shows stake weight as coins staking in there wallets. Correct me if I'm wrong please!
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:27:05 AM

@barabbas

Why don't you elaborate a bit more on that subject? It seems to me there have been a bunch willing to jump on the high end of insults and really adding no knowledge to the matter...

i am not sure if you understand what i am talking about, but i will try to explain.

im telling you that it is very important from a perspective of a staker to know when he actually stakes a block.
you can compare this to bitcoin mining, the miner also wants to know when he gets a block or rather a time estimation of that.

the transactions fees was just one of the reason why it is important to know how much time you need to stake/mine a block.
every block contains x amounts of transactions which contains transactions fees which goes to the staker/miner of the block.

when you say "a lot of money", what is "a lot of money" to you? Because, in my book, I don't care what valuation it has -I mean I DO care, very much, but you get my meaning-, 2.5% is just a very paltry percentage of whatever the amount is, something that can be achieved many times, a day, just trading those coins, so as far as profitability it is nil. Now, if through fees I can get "a lot of money" staking, additionally, it could be quite the selling point, so please DO elaborate on this and be free top use different price scenarios.

well if vericoin has a higher marketcap the interest and txfee's you receive as a staker will be much more worth then it is if the marketcap would be lower. that was all i wanted to point out.

that you dont care about 2,5% because you think every daytrader does alot of profit is neither true nor related to my explaination or the question itself.

interest rate in pos coins is just the incentive to providing support to the network like mining bitcoin blocks give you right now 25 btc + txfee's of that block.

I did understand perfectly. And that incentive of 2.5% is paltry to say the list (nothing negative about it, just a fact). And so are the fees that stakers will be collecting. When you say it is not true that any daytrader can make many times 2.5% kin a single day, well what can I say. Bots make much more than that and the person doesn't need to be even "working". Those are facts. I do understand though that there are many people who stake because they are looking for much bigger gains, with time, and every bit helps. Fact is though that holding and staking, unless the price goes up, is a losing proposition.

For the purpose of investing, new investors, that are needed for the price and the project to progress, what counts is the strength of the stake holders. And that strength is measured in REAL coins holding in their wallets, staking or not (preferably the former), not some wildly oscillating number that represents the strength of the network.

I agree having both, since it is quite easy and possible, is hitting the jackpot, so to speak.
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:28:29 AM

Every other POS coin shows stake weight as coins staking in there wallets. Correct me if I'm wrong please!

If that is the case, they are misleading, by omission, the community and potential investors.
albert_mt

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:29:51 AM
Last edit: August 13, 2014, 12:40:15 AM by albert_mt

I'd be interested in some naked shortselling. Someone wants to lend me some vrc? I'll give you back +3% vrc in a few weeks.

I bought in at 8.6K the price is right now 10K, the 3% isn't attractive enough.
Btw, this is a strong community. You will see, if you offer a better return you will get many offers in no time, many community members believe in the price increase and many of them will lend you against your short selling.
albert_mt

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:38:08 AM

If that is the case, they are misleading, by omission, the community and potential investors.

I have just purchased VRC, are you saying the information in the wallet is misleading?

Btw, I just watched the hangout at youtube, really great stuff, clear plans and very good prospects. The PR team and plan is very strong, a PR company will be hired and the coin will be taken to the latino community. I have to agree with some of the IRC members that 1VRC=$1 price is very likely.
albert_mt

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:45:53 AM

Sorry, I forgot, here is the hangout video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8cHSsNYtNA  This is really encouraging!
RW-Stott

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:46:09 AM

Wow, check out ShadowCoin guys... first full mobile wallet that supports staking, p2p encrypted messaging, and stealth transfers. 

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=700087.msg8321871#msg8321871
Pages: « 1 ... 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 [645] 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: