Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:25:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 [689] 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
yoshiwatusi

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 03:16:24 PM

be positive..  there is no use for rants..it will not do anything..waiting for the IOS wallet tho

EDIT: this is the coin that has honesty, integrity and i would like to think transparency. what we lack is unity, humility and whales..
coins without features and news - when backed by whales, price would go up..

Right now we're lacking leadership. Its not like we don't have leaders, but by not connecting their announcements to actual execution, they're loosing credibility. As simple as that.

agree 100%..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
buy4crypto

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 03:51:47 PM
Last edit: August 21, 2014, 04:09:47 PM by buy4crypto

be positive..  there is no use for rants..it will not do anything..waiting for the IOS wallet tho

EDIT: this is the coin that has honesty, integrity and i would like to think transparency. what we lack is unity, humility and whales..

Right now we're lacking leadership. Its not like we don't have leaders, but by not connecting their announcements to actual execution, they're loosing credibility. As simple as that.

agree 100%..

Righto. Pnosker faded into the background after many fails. Once in a while he pops up to say things lately like "This is going to be a huge week for VeriCoin!"

Dev 3 is not a face of anything, but is capable in his own regards, and I highly value his military service, so only positive things to say about him as a person, though I do not feel he is right, or able to take on this task.

We have Doug currently being the face of vericoin. He is honestly the best at this role as he seems to be the one with the highest detail to ethics, he clearly has integrity, and the ability to code wallets and other features. At the end of the day this does not mean he hasn't had many failures, and continued to set himself up to fail recently through lack of execution on this latest deal. One that nobody had to know about until it was signed sealed and delivered.

Any strong community could overtake a developer team if the will, and strength of the community was there. VeriCoin doesn't have that luxury, since most of the value has been built into the coin from developers value / promises. You take the promises / developer out of vericoin and its nothing. The community could step up and do what we have to do to overtake the coin and make it what we feel it could be, but you would be starting from zero. So as you see, these developers, and their choices / credibility mean everything to what vericoin was/is/will be.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
yoshiwatusi

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 04:01:15 PM

sun tzu: Cleverness has never been associated with long delays.

if there are delays, so be it, but please dont make it any longer
pnosker

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 04:11:17 PM

I fully understand how you feel, I feel the same way for a while. Mainly not about the money lost, fortunately I am not loosing any sleep over the money. I feel the way you do mainly because the PhD student clowns scammed investors into this shit coin. All together this coin is a shamble, the copy/paste Sunny King code with no added value at all, that still only the laughable VeriBit and VeriSend features there with combined 6 users worldwide and was nothing added to it in the last 8 weeks, but mainly that the arrogant clowns were never man enough to say sorry for the WizRig scam, the broken promises, giving false hopes about conference, Wall Street investors, secret weapon announcements, etc. over the weeks.

You are right Nosker is a pumper with his 500k Sat price hype, his scam just has not materialized. The three clowns make the hype, the fucking cheerleader brigade hurrah makes the hype stronger, however the developers are lack of work ethics and skills to deliver - that's why this is a scam.

Fortunately, we are here and potential new investors hear about this scam :-)))

Compare this coin's code to Sunny King's and you will see many differences. VeriBit is used regularly by many people. VeriSend isn't... as we suspected. I'm officially sorry for the missed timelines. Doug tried to set one with way more than enough time but the issue is that the other party isn't getting back to us quickly.

That 500k price was a reply to someone who asked what I thought VRC was worth. I still think it will be worth 500k. I didn't go say "Go buy some VeriCoin because within 5 months you'll make 50x gains."

We are doing what we said we would do, albeit maybe a little more delayed than we hoped. Things never work quite the same in the real world vs the testnet. It sucks. But you're in crypto, which means you should know that already. Nobody is keeping you here. Nobody is stopping another developer from taking over if they think they can do a better job. That's the beauty in the crypto world. I didn't make you put a single dime into VeriCoin and nobody else did either. You did it, maybe because you had some lofty expectations or because you wanted to make a lot of money without doing much work (investing). But as far as I can tell, there are Doug, David, and I. We are writing the code, making the projects, dealing with other developers, etc. Others (ScottAllyn, amesterdamer, VeriVeriViral, etc.) that are doing a great job with building utility and marketing for VRC. To say I'm a scammer because someone specifically asked me what I thought VRC is worth is insane. Go look at the proceeding tweets.

Support the VeriFund Endowment.
VRC: VFEndownxxnHea9mv59kZx8c7TysGbndYx
ofp

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 04:12:13 PM

agree 100%..

Righto. Pnosker faded into the background after many fails. Once in a while he pops up to say things lately like "This is going to be a huge week for VeriCoin!"

Dev 3 is not a face of anything, but is capable in his own regards, and I highly value his military service, so only positive things to say about him as a person, though I do not feel he is right, or able to take on this task.

We have Doug currently being the face of vericoin. He is honestly the best at this role as he seems to be the one with the highest detail to ethics, he clearly has integrity, and the ability to code wallets and other features. At the end of the day this does not mean he hasn't had many failures, and continued to set himself up to fail recently through lack of execution on this latest deal. One that nobody had to know about until it was signed sealed and delivered.

Any strong community could overtake a developer team if the will, and strength of the community was there. VeriCoin doesn't have that luxury, since most of the value has been built into the coin from developers value / promises. You take the promises / developer out of vericoin and its nothing. The community could step up and do what we have to do to overtake the coin and make it what we feel it could be, but you would be starting from zero. So as you see, these developers, and the choices / credibility mean everything to what vericoin was/is/will be.

Exactly! They should follow the correct roadmap for delivering this and any future developments:
1) Make only generic announcements of future developments. Target dates should be as generic as possible (e.g. Q4/14)
2) Execute, sign documents, test and fully secure the feature
3) Release a PR setting date and time for the actual announcement (e.g. Vericoin will be announcing a great developmemnt on Friday, 8/23, 2 pm EST)
4) Release the announcement ontime precisely as communicated in the previous PR

By adopting such a methodology, the announcement would get maximum attention from all crypto, if not for its content, at least for the professionalism of the communication strategy.

yoshiwatusi

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 04:17:56 PM

The skillful leader subdues the enemy's troops without any fighting. #TheArtofWar
pnosker

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 04:19:34 PM

Exactly! They should follow the correct roadmap for delivering this and any future developments:
1) Make only generic announcements of future developments. Target dates should be as generic as possible (e.g. Q4/14)
3) Release a PR setting date and time for the actual announcement (e.g. Vericoin will be announcing a great developmemnt on Friday, 8/23, 2 pm EST)

By adopting such a methodology, the announcement would get maximum attention from all crypto, if not for its content, at least for the professionalism of the communication strategy.

I agree fully with this methodology. I will ask the other devs to follow suit and adapt this system. Thanks for the tip.

The skillful leader subdues the enemy's troops without any fighting. #TheArtofWar

Good quote. Thanks for the reminder of it.

chunkyjunkie

Activity: 494
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 04:24:27 PM

agree 100%..

Any strong community could overtake a developer team if the will, and strength of the community was there. VeriCoin doesn't have that luxury, since most of the value has been built into the coin from developers value / promises. You take the promises / developer out of vericoin and its nothing. The community could step up and do what we have to do to overtake the coin and make it what we feel it could be, but you would be starting from zero. So as you see, these developers, and the choices / credibility mean everything to what vericoin was/is/will be.

+1 for people who still hold coin and are hoping for any recovery.

https://www.bitcoinlanding.com - Twitter - https://twitter.com/Bitcoinlanding - Bitcoin News, Video and more!
chunkyjunkie

Activity: 494

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 04:25:21 PM
Last edit: August 21, 2014, 04:35:39 PM by chunkyjunkie

I agree fully with this methodology. I will ask the other devs to follow suit and adapt this system. Thanks for the tip.

Good quote. Thanks for the reminder of it.

Good to see you are open to solid helpful suggestions, wish this was posted verbatim a month or 2 ago it really gets the point across we tried to make before. gl

https://www.bitcoinlanding.com - Twitter - https://twitter.com/Bitcoinlanding - Bitcoin News, Video and more!
paytplay

Activity: 147

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 04:27:41 PM

You must remember that it is supposed to be called digital currency, crypto was a no no the last time i tuned into the radio feed. Keep that in mind. Oh yea , still waiting for an update
altcoinUK

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 05:58:38 PM

I didn't make you put a single dime into VeriCoin and nobody else did either.

I've never invested because you said so, still you should never reply this for an investor. Your reply is not only cynical but simply hypocritical, because you are here for the dollar. Actually, you were specifically bashing BTC in your tweets and asking investment for vericoin saying it is better investment than BTC - and that's fine, it's cool if you want to make money, but in this case don't present yourself as an innocent boy, don't be a hypocrite please. You aren't a voluntary coder for the linux kernel for free of charge but the lead developer of a software in the 95% scam driven altcoin market. You are here for the dollar - just to be clear about your motives.

In the meantime you are talking about my investment, but I said many times, I am not overly worry about loosing money with vericoin. Which bothers me and many other investors most are the broken promises, the lack of development, your incapability to deliver anything in the last 8 weeks, the hypes about the conference and Wall Street when the pumps were in progress, and the scam with wizrig. You must understand, most people are not overly worry about the money, but don't like to be mislead and scammed, not even from a PhD student. Look back at your first hangout, how you presented the "team member" wizrig by asking investment when that scammer said "I am here for long" and how you sold his plan about the worldwide media campaign, how you stated everything is legit about wizrig, and then hopefully you will understand why many investors feel that this is just another P&D operation and the wizrig affair was a proper scam. Having said that, nobody would care a lot about your wizrig affair and any past broken promises if you would a) say at least sorry if there is a mistake  b) start developing the software and deliver something  c) wouldn't top up that scam with broken promises again and again.

You have a big problem in my opinion, because more and more investors, once committed supporters are very unhappy about how you develop, more precisely not develop this coin. To be honest I was hoping that provocative comments and the moaning from unhappy investors will trigger other actions from you than arrogant replies, what I was hoping is that you will actually sit down with your colleagues and start to develop the software. I guess you guys just incapable to do that, you are just not good enough to compete with viacoin, cloak not to mention Ethereum. It would be great if you could prove me wrong and start to develop something that matters.

Finally, it is not your business if I stay or go. Your cheerleaders pointed out last week that this is the Wilde West, don't cry and go way (which sentiment actually appears in your reply as well). That is hilarious, because if it is really the Wilde West as your cheerleeder brigade like to say then you should expect some gun fire when there are no delivery, broken promises, pump and scam in the air.
warr1979

Activity: 564

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 06:09:38 PM

I didn't make you put a single dime into VeriCoin and nobody else did either.

I've never invested because you said so, still you should never reply this for an investor. Your reply is not only cynical but simply hypocritical, because you are here for the dollar. Actually, you were specifically bashing BTC in your tweets and asking investment for vericoin saying it is better investment than BTC - and that's fine, it's cool if you want to make money, but in this case don't present yourself as an innocent boy, don't be a hypocrite please. You aren't a voluntary coder for the linux kernel for free of charge but the lead developer of a software in the 95% scam driven altcoin market. You are here for the dollar - just to be clear about your motives.

In the meantime you are talking about my investment, but I said many times, I am not overly worry about loosing money with vericoin. Which bothers me and many other investors most are the broken promises, the lack of development, your incapability to deliver anything in the last 8 weeks, the hypes about the conference and Wall Street when the pumps were in progress, and the scam with wizrig. You must understand, most people are not overly worry about the money, but don't like to be mislead and scammed, not even from a PhD student. Look back at your first hangout, how you presented the "team member" wizrig by asking investment when that scammer said "I am here for long" and how you sold his plan about the worldwide media campaign, how you stated everything is legit about wizrig, and then hopefully you will understand why many investors feel that this is just another P&D operation and the wizrig affair was a proper scam. Having said that, nobody would care a lot about your wizrig affair and any past broken promises if you would a) say at least sorry if there is a mistake  b) start developing the software and deliver something  c) wouldn't top up that scam with broken promises again and again.

You have a big problem in my opinion, because more and more investors, once committed supporters are very unhappy about how you develop, more precisely not develop this coin. To be honest I was hoping that provocative comments and the moaning from unhappy investors will trigger other actions from you than arrogant replies, what I was hoping is that you will actually sit down with your colleagues and start to develop the software. I guess you guys just incapable to do that, you are just not good enough to compete with viacoin, cloak not to mention Ethereum. It would be great if you could prove me wrong and start to develop something that matters.

Finally, it is not your business if I stay or go. Your cheerleaders pointed out last week that this is the Wilde West, don't cry and go way (which sentiment actually appears in your reply as well). That is hilarious, because if it is really the Wilde West as your cheerleeder brigade like to say then you should expect some gun fire when there are no delivery, broken promises, pump and scam in the air.

YAWN
pnosker

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 06:10:46 PM

Actually, you were specifically bashing BTC in your tweets and asking investment for vericoin saying it is better investment than BTC - and that's fine, it's cool if you want to make money, but in this case don't present yourself as an innocent boy, don't be a hypocrite please. You aren't a voluntary coder for the linux kernel for free of charge but the lead developer of a software in the 95% scam driven altcoin market. You are here for the dollar - just to be clear about your motives.

Saying VRC is better than BTC isn't bashing BTC. BTC is great. I've been mining it since 2010. I've worked on free projects in the past. In middle school I was a contributor to the PearPC project (ASM CPU translation code). If I was here for the dollar I would have sold off my VeriCoin long ago.

You, others, and even me have been let down by lack of developments. They aren't because we're doing nothing-- some of them are due to obvious commitment problems (Wiz for example) in which more was said than done), some are due to delivery issues (we were waiting for new UI icons for weeks and finally have them), some are due to technical issues (Our original plan for VeriSend is much more difficult to implement without significant codebase changes, for example), some are due to partnership issues (the next ANN)-- all of which we were likely unprepared and too naive to appreciate when we discussed them publicly. And I am apologizing for the delays. Viacoin couldn't handle development themselves and had to outsource a lot of it-- which cost them a great chunk of their IPO. Ethereum similarly has tens of developers and not a single working coin (and won't be for months), as well as millions of dollars to pay developers. I'm not especially aware of Cloak so I cannot comment on their progress. Either way, nobody but VeriCoin is attempting to make a coin for the masses. And that requires a lot of "bridging" to work-- things like VeriBit and our next announcement. And those things often require more time than we imagined.

A lot of what we are building now isn't just software but part of the platform and ecosystem to make VeriCoin useful everywhere. One thing that is sorely needed (and we're working hard on) is getting a community foundation going that can help us where we need it: marketing, news releases with more reasonable timelines, etc. I would say that is our greatest deficit right now and one we are working on fixing. I also have spoken to the other devs about not releasing hints of new stuff until it's done, then delaying so we can get proper PR ready. It was a mistake in my opinion to even discuss the announcement set for last weekend before it was ready. Doug knows this now. One of the other issues is that one community member figured out vaguely what it was and started talking about it... so we need to keep things closer to ourselves until it's more mature next time.

setup

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 06:20:27 PM

One of the other issues is that one community member figured out vaguely what it was and started talking about it... so we need to keep things closer to ourselves until it's more mature next time.

This idiot. Who was it I want to write him an angry PM....   Grin

Regards,
Michael

https://litebit.eu/registration/de/3337ouEH2M/
Add a VRC banner to your Website & support VERICOIN
ereborltc

Activity: 966

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 06:22:35 PM

Actually, you were specifically bashing BTC in your tweets and asking investment for vericoin saying it is better investment than BTC - and that's fine, it's cool if you want to make money, but in this case don't present yourself as an innocent boy, don't be a hypocrite please. You aren't a voluntary coder for the linux kernel for free of charge but the lead developer of a software in the 95% scam driven altcoin market. You are here for the dollar - just to be clear about your motives.

Saying VRC is better than BTC isn't bashing BTC. BTC is great. I've been mining it since 2010. I've worked on free projects in the past. In middle school I was a contributor to the PearPC project (ASM CPU translation code). If I was here for the dollar I would have sold off my VeriCoin long ago.

You, others, and even me have been let down by lack of developments. They aren't because we're doing nothing-- some of them are due to obvious commitment problems (Wiz for example) in which more was said than done), some are due to delivery issues (we were waiting for new UI icons for weeks and finally have them), some are due to technical issues (Our original plan for VeriSend is much more difficult to implement without significant codebase changes, for example), some are due to partnership issues (the next ANN)-- all of which we were likely unprepared and too naive to appreciate when we discussed them publicly. And I am apologizing for the delays. Viacoin couldn't handle development themselves and had to outsource a lot of it-- which cost them a great chunk of their IPO. Ethereum similarly has tens of developers and not a single working coin (and won't be for months), as well as millions of dollars to pay developers. I'm not especially aware of Cloak so I cannot comment on their progress. Either way, nobody but VeriCoin is attempting to make a coin for the masses. And that requires a lot of "bridging" to work-- things like VeriBit and our next announcement. And those things often require more time than we imagined.

A lot of what we are building now isn't just software but part of the platform and ecosystem to make VeriCoin useful everywhere. One thing that is sorely needed (and we're working hard on) is getting a community foundation going that can help us where we need it: marketing, news releases with more reasonable timelines, etc. I would say that is our greatest deficit right now and one we are working on fixing. I also have spoken to the other devs about not releasing hints of new stuff until it's done, then delaying so we can get proper PR ready. It was a mistake in my opinion to even discuss the announcement set for last weekend before it was ready. Doug knows this now. One of the other issues is that one community member figured out vaguely what it was and started talking about it... so we need to keep things closer to ourselves until it's more mature next time.
pat your real investors are waiting patiently ..no need to defend yourself besides apologizing for the late ann which u guys did over n over.. I'm in business and i understand that sometimes details need to be fixed several times over negotiations to ensure the safety of the project and future ... hope it all works out and if its a big business getting involved id advise the trolls who say they are invested in vericoin to relax for a few days and give them some slack cause if whoever or whatever is signing into vericoin sees these trolls u can scare them off... give them the time and relax instead of writing books , we all got it, they r late ,your point is clear now plz just disappear for a couple day and come back then...

thank you

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
███████▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀█████▄
██████   ██▀  ▀██   █████
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Decentralized Microtask Platform on the Blockchain.
.With Encrypted User to User Messages.
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
setup

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 06:26:02 PM

pat your real investors are waiting patiently ..no need to defend yourself besides apologizing for the late ann which u guys did over n over.. I'm in business and i understand that sometimes details need to be fixed several times over negotiations to ensure the safety of the project and future ... hope it all works out and if its a big business getting involved id advise the trolls who say they are invested in vericoin to relax for a few days and give them some slack cause if whoever or whatever is signing into vericoin sees these trolls u can scare them off... give them the time and relax instead of writing books , we all got it, they r late ,your point is clear now plz just disappear for a couple day and come back then...

thank you

+1000  full ack.

https://litebit.eu/registration/de/3337ouEH2M/
Add a VRC banner to your Website & support VERICOIN
spawny57

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 07:06:32 PM

thank you

+1000  full ack.

+1000 too. I'm sick to see those lines of FUD (not constructive critisism like they're claiming).

Be patient. Period.
altcoinUK

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 07:09:11 PM

I could never imagine that once the lead vericoin developer, one of the PhD students will say that the three vericoin devs are incapable to compete with viacoin's Peter Todd and btcdark. I mean, your CV and team profile indicate more than this. Even I thought you would be able to compete with Ethereum's Buterin and Gavin Wood. Your statement about Ethereum's millions is not quite correct - your brigade will believe what you say as everything you do and don't do trigger a standing ovation from the cheerleaders, but as I happened to work in the industry I understand the core piece of Ethereum has been developing for long, many code were written before the IPO by one developer Gavin Wood (three of you would have to compete with him). Right now they have millions, but it was a massive code base, the core software "proof of concept 5" were delivered by a very few guys, technically 2-3 persons (even the team has 40 people) before the big money arrived.

It's quite clear, many investors assumed the vericoin devs will be able to write a successful altcoin software, that means compete with other software developers in altcoin. Yes only three of you, without adding any new developers to the team. It was the first time in crypto that PhD and MS developer credentials were associated with a coin, and I am sure every one here assumed, with that credential you are well equipped to compete with Peter Todd, Buterin and other altcoin developers. Again, it's related with promises or implying a promising operation. You let us know about your CV and software development background and when you claim experience in your CV you imply that you are capable to do the work. It seems from your answer that you are not (because it seems three of you are not enough, no time, no skills or whatever reasons). It seems we have to accept that vericoin will never compete with viacoin, cloak, ethereum, etc.
pnosker

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 07:24:26 PM

I could never imagine that once the lead vericoin developer, one of the PhD students will say that the three vericoin devs are incapable to compete with viacoin's Peter Todd and btcdark. I mean, your CV and team profile indicate more than this. Even I thought you would be able to compete with Ethereum's Buterin and Gavin Wood. Your statement about Ethereum's millions is not quite correct - your brigade will believe what you say as everything you do and don't do trigger a standing ovation from the cheerleaders, but as I happened to work in the industry I understand the core piece of Ethereum has been developing for long, many code were written before the IPO by one developer Gavin Wood (three of you would have to compete with him). Right now they have millions, but it was a massive code base, the core software "proof of concept 5" were delivered by a very few guys, technically 2-3 persons (even the team has 40 people) before the big money arrived.

It's quite clear, many investors assumed the vericoin devs will be able to write a successful altcoin software, that means compete with other software developers in altcoin. Yes only three of you, without adding any new developers to the team. It was the first time in crypto that PhD and MS developer credentials were associated with a coin, and I am sure every one here assumed, with that credential you are well equipped to compete with Peter Todd, Buterin and other altcoin developers. Again, it's related with promises or implying a promising operation. You let us know about your CV and software development background and when you claim experience in your CV you imply that you are capable to do the work. It seems from your answer that you are not (because it seems three of you are not enough, no time, no skills or whatever reasons). It seems we have to accept that vericoin will never compete with viacoin, cloak, ethereum, etc.

To be frank, they aren't the same kind of coin by any stretch of the imagination. VIA/Ether/etc. started after the BTC developers requested 2.0 activities not be used on the chain as it was bloating it. VeriCoin is becoming a currency that is easy to use for everyone with utility. We are working on different types of things than VIA/ETHER/etc.

We put our info out there so people would know that we are real people with an academic training. Not because we were trying to say "we're better than them" or the like. We're going to keep focusing on what we think is important: Utility, ease-of-use, and mass adoption. That's what we have built and that's what we are continuing to work on. Our blockchain 2.0 scheme for implementing a username system in the blockchain (outside of a name server) is something David is focused on in addition to stealth addresses (it's all integrated), Doug is working on the new announcement tech as well as a new wallet UI. And as Doug mentioned in VRC Radio, I'm helping to coordinate as well as get the marketing/community members that have joined the VeriLeaders project together and focused on how to more properly address the community/world than we have been doing. It's all a complicated game we're playing. It's not as easy as any of us thought it would be. There are plenty of hiccups. We're learning a lot from this and it's going to make VeriCoin a better coin and it's going to make us better developers and better community members.

MAD945

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 07:44:47 PM

To be frank, they aren't the same kind of coin by any stretch of the imagination. VIA/Ether/etc. started after the BTC developers requested 2.0 activities not be used on the chain as it was bloating it. VeriCoin is becoming a currency that is easy to use for everyone with utility. We are working on different types of things than VIA/ETHER/etc.

We put our info out there so people would know that we are real people with an academic training. Not because we were trying to say "we're better than them" or the like. We're going to keep focusing on what we think is important: Utility, ease-of-use, and mass adoption. That's what we have built and that's what we are continuing to work on. Our blockchain 2.0 scheme for implementing a username system in the blockchain (outside of a name server) is something David is focused on in addition to stealth addresses (it's all integrated), Doug is working on the new announcement tech as well as a new wallet UI. And as Doug mentioned in VRC Radio, I'm helping to coordinate as well as get the marketing/community members that have joined the VeriLeaders project together and focused on how to more properly address the community/world than we have been doing. It's all a complicated game we're playing. It's not as easy as any of us thought it would be. There are plenty of hiccups. We're learning a lot from this and it's going to make VeriCoin a better coin and it's going to make us better developers and better community members.

Thanks for the update and clarification Pat, the patient and true investors here in this forum appreciate the hard work from Doug, Dave and yourself.

There's 4-5 people posting in this forum who seem to like rehashing the same thoughts over and over, post after post, page after page. The announcement is late...GET OVER IT! The developers aren't perfect, accept that!

Pat, Doug and Dave...have you guys thought of maybe hosting a development blog, updated once a week? Just a quick update from you guys, what you guys are currently working on, what your excited about? But no release dates lol!

Just a thought...or maybe you can do a quick Q&A with a community member of your choice once a week?
Pages: « 1 ... 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 [689] 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: