Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:42:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 [701] 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
ereborltc

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 06:24:26 PM

Also when people start using the card, the circulation will be much greater!

I just signed up for a BTC Card on coinsis.

1.Create an account.

2.Verify email.

3.Login to coinsis with email and PW you just created

4. simple, and fast. don't know if/when I get a card but the sign-in gets you to your BTC Wallet

5. I do not know when the VeriCard signup will be possible
    I've seen somewhere it will be about 3weeks before VeriCard signups start
    then it will active/useable in "the fall"

excellent thanx!

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
███████▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀█████▄
██████   ██▀  ▀██   █████
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Decentralized Microtask Platform on the Blockchain.
.With Encrypted User to User Messages.
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DELTA9

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 06:28:47 PM

Buy on the hype, sell when the plan fails like every other bitcoin card. Banks do not want to work with cryptocurrency.
Shinraven

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 06:29:51 PM

c'mon guys.. one step at a time.. devs can't be doing everything at once.. we are lucky they are still here and haven't run away.. look at P&D coins.. it took bitcoin 3+ years to get where it was.

card is great IMHO.. it will help in the mass adoption.. for starters anyway - for people who are too lazy to learn the technical side of digital currency

Now please explain to me how BTC by itself is practical for me to pay for gas, buy a cup of coffee etc.  

One well known option is green addresses with instant BTC transactions. There are multiple start-ups with backed by VC investment do that already.

That's one of the problems here, you and the "supporters" have very little idea about the technology and general crypto and believe the crap about worldwide mass adoption, that VRC can compete with BTC on that front.

Thanks for the info, I did not know that. I did google green address and what do i see ? multiple articles on the tech. As for start ups I saw none. Is anyone marketing this ?

altcoinUK

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 06:30:12 PM

c'mon guys.. one step at a time.. devs can't be doing everything at once.. we are lucky they are still here and haven't run away.. look at P&D coins.. it took bitcoin 3+ years to get where it was.

card is great IMHO.. it will help in the mass adoption.. for starters anyway - for people who are too lazy to learn the technical side of digital currency

Now please explain to me how BTC by itself is practical for me to pay for gas, buy a cup of coffee etc.  

One well known option is green addresses with instant BTC transactions. There are multiple start-ups with backed by VC investment do that already.

That's one of the problems here, you and the "supporters" have very little idea about the technology and general crypto and believe the crap about worldwide mass adoption, that VRC can compete with BTC on that front.
seriously your all the same fudders and nothing is ever good for you , we vericoin "cheerleader" are loving this and understand what this means for vericoin moving forward... good for wtv other coin is doing the same...

please now vericoin is getting serious and were looking good for getting reg folk to use vericoin cc..PLEASE WE NEED A MODERATED THREAD.. we don't need to scroll through 4 pages of nonsense from the same fudders all the time  ..

WTF, are you all right? LoL

He asked how can one pay with BTC at a gas station and I answered.

It's not my fault that the delusional worldwide mass adoption plan doesn't make sense because there are technologies that make possible BTC worldwide mass adoption, so vericoin has no chance at all in that area.

KryptoKings

Activity: 854
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 06:34:08 PM

You do realize this is not big news, right?
Multiple coins have signed on for this.
Multiple? Only BC as altcoin....

If only VRC & BC Worked together Wink

Also BTCD are going through them.

VeriBlackDarkBitcoin?
Investing123

Activity: 157

CryptoCalc.org - Altcoin Profit/Loss Calculator

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 06:34:21 PM

Only three days left to order your VeriCoin shirts and hats!  Get em here while you still can!  Wink

https://shop.moolah.io/VRClothes

spawny57

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 06:37:07 PM

seriously your all the same fudders and nothing is ever good for you , we vericoin "cheerleader" are loving this and understand what this means for vericoin moving forward... good for wtv other coin is doing the same...

please now vericoin is getting serious and were looking good for getting reg folk to use vericoin cc..PLEASE WE NEED A MODERATED THREAD.. we don't need to scroll through 4 pages of nonsense from the same fudders all the time  ..

Indeed. Vericoin NEEDS a moderated thread. Sick of those well known FUDers (and go away with your "constructive critisism")
altcoinUK

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 06:39:54 PM

Thanks for the info, I did not know that. I did google green address and what do i see ? multiple articles on the tech. As for start ups I saw none. Is anyone marketing this ?

It's not a marketing theme. It is a terminology for a payment method to perform instant bitcoin transactions. Actually you could have a timed transaction on the green address to perform transaction in a trustless manner, without relying on a centralized third party. As you know the bitcoin blockchain and transaction processing is not suitable for instant transactions, and therefore the green address is one option to overcome on that shortcoming.

Better to admit vericoin won't be able to compete with BTC, forget the lame ideas like Veribit and Vericoin VISA card and start the actual work in some other area.

Kevondo

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 06:40:28 PM
Last edit: August 22, 2014, 07:00:23 PM by Kevondo

I have mentioned on other media sources that

The "VeriCard" agreement with coinsis IS NOT! an exclusive arrangement.

BTC Card is functioning ( to some Degree, I just created an account minutes ago. I'll keep you posted)

Black Coin will also have a Card by coinsis

These 3 coins , VeriCoin, BTC, and Blackcoin are the only ones I'm aware of that will have a card supported by coinsis at this time

coinsis can sign any other coins they might want to

To be one of the first three coins to be selected by a third party developer is significant for VeriCoin. IMO

xtent

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 06:40:43 PM

You do realize this is not big news, right?
Multiple coins have signed on for this.
Multiple? Only BC as altcoin....

If only VRC & BC Worked together Wink

Also BTCD are going through them.
Do you have the link for me?

I don't remember what page it was brought up on, I do know it was not a drawn out spectacle.
It is mentioned on the ANN here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=684090.0

Thanks for the link, seems interesting!

If you have the time, it is good to read through.
The dev is very active and there are some serious features being worked on.
ereborltc

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 06:42:06 PM

With VeriBit, VeriSMS and soon VeriCard, it's not where can you use Vericoin.  It's where can't you. www.vericoin.info

let the haters hate and complain.. you can do anything for vrc and they will still try and fud... MODERATED THREAD!! plz  its time now where way along and serious investors need a place to talk seriously.. ppl are too busy answereing these kids... it litters the thread.. i never had a hater ever lol but i got one here cause i like the news and vericoin... its become too much now

think we should vote for a moderated thread so we can leave the fudders to play alone in their sandbox

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
Shinraven

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 06:46:09 PM

It's not my fault that the delusional worldwide mass adoption plan doesn't make sense because there are technologies that make possible BTC worldwide mass adoption, so vericoin has no chance at all in that area.

thanks for the info, whomever is implementing and marketing this tech is doing a horrible job. first page on Google i get a wiki. I dont see companies, Startups, blogs.. so explain to me how regular joe/jane public would know of this.  Huh

I am sure since you are so hyped up on it, it must be valid. it is not that i am delusional, I seek knowledge. At the same time I have to see the practical aspects and real world applications. Not some wiki or Btc paper.

Honestly this is the one of the major hurdle that crypto faces. All this advanced tech which geeks fully grasp and the average person will just look at it and wont get it. Do you think most people understand how the products that Apple or Google create work ? They don't care, they use them because the human/computer interface is easy and allow them to have practical applications.

I am sure the tech you mention is fine and works. I will look more into it as well as more info on Blockchain 2.0
buy4crypto

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 06:50:38 PM

I have mentioned on other media sources that

The "VeriCard" agreement with coinsis IS NOT! an exclusive arrangement.

BTC Card is functioning ( to some Degree, I just created an account minutes ago. I'll keep you posted)

Black Coin will also have a Card by coinsis

These 3 coins , VeriCoin, BTC, and Blackcoin are the only ones I'm aware of that will have a card supported by coinsis at this time

coinsis can sign an other coins they might want to

To be one of the first three coins to be selected by a third party developer is significant for VeriCoin. IMO

Doug mentioned it was a community member who made the card. This is why vericoin was selected. We may never know what the deal means to vericoin, what vericoin had to give, if anything, and what benefits, if any we get. or the developers get, who acted on the coins behalf. Nobody seems to be able to answer a few quick questions relating to the deal. =/

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
rubenaco

Activity: 378

NXT FORUM MÁS Y MEJOR

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 06:52:36 PM
Last edit: August 22, 2014, 09:27:41 PM by rubenaco

I also think we need the automoderated thread.

internet is full of trolls and never grow any currency if we ignore this rabble.

if these people had been at the beginning of btc, most would be crying now.

I'm not very active in the community since I do not have much English level although I am aware of the news and trust that vericoin becomes a currency of "everyday"

veribank the idea I like ... not because it has not been given much hype.

Greetings to all and hope that developers make a strong community because it appears that you have knowledge.

Greetings

open your mind!!
Kevondo

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 06:57:14 PM

This is another step forward for VRC and other altcoins, but I'm surprised no one has asked the most obvious question yet.

What are the fees of this card?

This will ultimately determine if anyone will use it or not.

I have addressed that question on www.vrcradio.com today @ 10 AM EST

tune-in and catch the replay.

here's a recent article you folks might find interesting. Comments?

http://www.infowars.com/whistleblower-fed-highly-alarmed-about-bitcoin-conquering-dollar-system/
ereborltc

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 06:57:21 PM

I also think we need the automoderated thread.

internet is full of trolls and never grow nnguna currency if we ignore this rabble.

if these people had been at the beginning of btc, most would be crying now.

I'm not very active in the community since I do not have much English level although I am aware of the news and trust that vericoin becomes a currency of "everyday"

veribank the idea I like ... not because it has not been given much hype.

Greetings to all and hope that developers make a strong community because it appears that you have knowledge.

Greetings
its nice to see positive words Wink

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
ereborltc

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 07:06:49 PM

and wait for it... while the fudders are writing their 10 paragraphs of fud lolololol  in 5.... 4.... 3... 2....1....

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
altcoinUK

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 07:18:22 PM

thanks for the info, whomever is implementing and marketing this tech is doing a horrible job. first page on Google i get a wiki. I dont see companies, Startups, blogs.. so explain to me how regular joe/jane public would know of this.  Huh

I am sure since you are so hyped up on it, it must be valid. it is not that i am delusional, I seek knowledge. At the same time I have to see the practical aspects and real world applications. Not some wiki or Btc paper.

Honestly this is the one of the major hurdle that crypto faces. All this advanced tech which geeks fully grasp and the average person will just look at it and wont get it. Do you think most people understand how the products that Apple or Google create work ? They don't care, they use them because the human/computer interface is easy and allow them to have practical applications.

I am sure the tech you mention is fine and works. I will look more into it as well as more info on Blockchain 2.0

No problem and good luck with your research.

There are growing implementations and start-ups for green address type of things. One that support instant BTC transactions is https://greenaddress.it

You asked about instant transaction and that's why I mentioned the green address concept, and pointed out that the instant feature is not good enough unique selling point against BTC.

Yes, you re right, for mass adoption crypto needs to be more easy to use for the average user.
altcoinUK

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 07:36:48 PM

You don't understand it and this credit card isn't going to move the coin forward - as you can see that clearly from depressed market reaction. This VISA card will be used by only bag holders and fanboys, maximum 100 users worldwide. The delusional worldwide mass adoption theme will be not progressing with this card.

The worldwide mass adoption theme would benefit more from an agreement with the Massai tribe in Kenya to use vericoin in goat trade - that's how lame this credit card idea is.
eiskalt

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 08:05:50 PM

Hi guys,

I am just taking a short break from my break to show that I am still supporting Vericoin.

Soo, a few comments from me:

@effects: great job, Vericoin is positively back in the news and continues on its path towards the main goals
                (ease of use, mainstream adoption).

@buy4crypto: I can feel your struggle  Smiley ... I think you are (rightfully to a certain extent) too negative on the
                       development. I also think you became negative because of the recent price drop (which is maybe
                       still not over yet) and not so much because of the developers´ action/inaction.

So please don´t follow the dark side and come back ... maybe not now, but in a few weeks.

@altcoinUK: Well bro, I have a feeling, that you are already lost to the dark side of BobPlop and gang. Your point of
                  view regarding importance of blockchain2 is simply wrong. Vericoin does not need
                  blockchain2 on itself. It can use existing platforms like ripple, stellar and what else is going to get
                  realized on this field. I feel like you are just annoyed, that your point does not get the dev´s and
                  community´s attention you had hoped for.

Vericoin is a virtual currency first and it is the goal to promote it as such. For example: Ripple is promoted as a transfer platform and not as a currency, the same with Ethereum. Stellar is just a Mcaleb Ripple clone with (allegedly) better distribution of the platform´s internal currency. If someone wants to invest in blockchain2, simply do it. But blockchain2 integration into vericoin is simply a waste of resources.

We should focus on the wallet right now. Security for minting, something like Peerbox would be great and will help to strengthen the network. If you need to clone it, do it and give credits to Peercoin´s Peerchemist.

Uh, ah ... a last word from me on the new developer:

1. I hope it is not one of the blackcoin guys.  Cheesy
2. If the goal is to bring Vericoin to a higher price level, by hiring a new dev, I am against it. If the goal is to
    actually improve the wallet and to ease the workload of the three devs I would say yes. So because we know
    how drkman announced the man, I am against it.  Cheesy

EDIT: spelling
Pages: « 1 ... 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 [701] 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: