seedtrue
Legendary

Activity: 963
Merit: 1002
|
 |
July 25, 2014, 01:21:28 AM |
|
Just got another lotto block  . Unfortunately, it was only 0.10000001(the smallest lotto block you can get).
|
|
|
|
|
kbroadfoot
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1000
Bass Player
|
 |
July 25, 2014, 03:04:00 AM |
|
Clams Advertisement Idea:
Clams are worth about 1 dollar each. Each time your Clams stake it is worth 10 cents... that is unless you get a lotto block!
A lotto block is worth up to 1000 Clams! ( The record so far is over 500 Clams! )
THAT IS A COOL GRAND!
What do you need? Well, you need some Clams! And guess what? You probably already have some.
If you own Bitcoin, Litecoin, or Dogecoin you OWN CLAMS!
Get a Clam wallet and start staking.... easy to do and just sit back and wait for YOUR Lotto block!
Good luck!
|
|
|
|
|
SuperClam (OP)
|
 |
July 25, 2014, 08:42:55 AM |
|
I pointed about 20-25 mh/s of my scrypt hash at the pool. I will let it run a day or so and see my stats.
A couple of days won't really show you the true return though to be fair. I was talking in irc on this subject as the pool is a little tricky to get your head around. I have one address that I only hashed to for 1 day and am still getting payouts for (a week later). The address I've been regularly hashing to has been accumulating share and getting increasing payments over time. You don't have to go crazy - just set an amount of hashing and leave it for a week or so. I've even increased the amount on occasion just to give the pool (and, of course, my share) a bit of a boost. The key is in the "algo-profitability multiplier" part of the equation, and time. It isn't like clevermining et al. where you get paid for X hash contribution on day Y at that day's profit. It's clever. Like everything CLAM  I think all of that is pretty accurate. And, it is indeed a bit hard for most miners to understand. The concept itself, I think is a bit easier to understand. We keep track of how much a miner contributes to the profitability of the pool over the long term. We do not "get rid of" or "delete" shares. We accrue them, relative to their difficulty and the profitability of the algorithm at the time. The only way to lose that percentage, is for other miners to 'dilute' it by continuing to mine after you have stopped. In practice, it is somewhat similar to p2pool; except the time-frame is not bounded.
Just got another lotto block  . Unfortunately, it was only 0.10000001(the smallest lotto block you can get). Hey, you never know. More Clams == More Blocks, over time. That 0.1 might contribute in finding the next big lotto block 
|
|
|
|
paulc010
Member


Activity: 92
Merit: 10
|
 |
July 25, 2014, 09:59:13 AM |
|
Hey, you never know. More Clams == More Blocks, over time. That 0.1 might contribute in finding the next big lotto block  Everyone has surely heard of the "Butterfly effect".... well this is termed the CLAM effect  In danger of going all Zen in this thread though.... "What's the sound of one CLAM clacking in a wallet?" 
|
|
|
|
|
kbroadfoot
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1000
Bass Player
|
 |
July 25, 2014, 05:27:58 PM |
|
Hey, you never know. More Clams == More Blocks, over time. That 0.1 might contribute in finding the next big lotto block  Everyone has surely heard of the "Butterfly effect".... well this is termed the CLAM effect  In danger of going all Zen in this thread though.... "What's the sound of one CLAM clacking in a wallet?"  Clams clack? verb 1. make or cause to make a sharp sound or series of such sounds as a result of a hard object striking another. "he heard the sound of her heels clacking across flagstones"
|
|
|
|
paulc010
Member


Activity: 92
Merit: 10
|
 |
July 25, 2014, 06:42:26 PM |
|
Clams clack?
verb 1. make or cause to make a sharp sound or series of such sounds as a result of a hard object striking another. "he heard the sound of her heels clacking across flagstones"
I prefer "He heard the sound of his lotto win clacking into his wallet" ;
|
|
|
|
|
whatsabitworth
Member


Activity: 109
Merit: 10
|
 |
July 25, 2014, 09:13:13 PM |
|
I'm having problems with the wallet. Everytime I try to open it, it says (not responding). I've tried deleting everything except wallet.dat. I've also saved the wallet then uninstalled and deleted everything and run the wallet as a new install and I still get the same result. Any help is appreciated.
|
|
|
|
|
maccd123
|
 |
July 26, 2014, 01:28:57 AM |
|
I'm having problems with the wallet. Everytime I try to open it, it says (not responding). I've tried deleting everything except wallet.dat. I've also saved the wallet then uninstalled and deleted everything and run the wallet as a new install and I still get the same result. Any help is appreciated.
restart Computer...turn off Antivirus temporily or resolve Quaratined files. Then reinstall Clam wallet might work
|
|
|
|
|
torrantz
Sr. Member
  

Activity: 1063
Merit: 253
Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin
|
 |
July 26, 2014, 01:17:20 PM |
|
Hi, it seems my wallet refuses to sync after block 34001 is there something i can try before i try reloading the entire chain? i just got back from a 2 week holiday,so it could be i missed something
|
|
|
|
almightyruler
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1092
|
 |
July 26, 2014, 01:18:40 PM |
|
it seems my wallet refuses to sync after block 34001
Hard fork. Install the newer client.
|
|
|
|
|
torrantz
Sr. Member
  

Activity: 1063
Merit: 253
Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin
|
 |
July 26, 2014, 01:54:13 PM Last edit: July 26, 2014, 04:32:03 PM by torrantz |
|
it seems my wallet refuses to sync after block 34001
Hard fork. Install the newer client. i'm using the 1.4.2b client but it will not go further then 34001 edit: fixed by reloading the chain
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
macorcina
|
 |
July 26, 2014, 06:08:39 PM |
|
From what date day and month must be BTC/LTC/DOGE wallet to receive CLAM coins ?
|
|
|
|
|
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1335
|
 |
July 26, 2014, 06:37:51 PM |
|
From what date day and month must be BTC/LTC/DOGE wallet to receive CLAM coins ?
I don't know the exact date, but I have an address that has been empty since 2014-05-14 01:14:16 UTC and it received CLAMs. So the date is earlier than that.
|
| Just-Dice | ██ ██████████ ██████████████████ ██████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████ ██████████████ ██████ | Play or Invest | ██ ██████████ ██████████████████ ██████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████ ██████████████ ██████ | 1% House Edge |
|
|
|
|
macorcina
|
 |
July 26, 2014, 06:43:34 PM |
|
From what date day and month must be BTC/LTC/DOGE wallet to receive CLAM coins ?
I don't know the exact date, but I have an address that has been empty since 2014-05-14 01:14:16 UTC and it received CLAMs. So the date is earlier than that. how much can I expect CLAM coins whether for each address in one walet ? it same for BTC, LTC, DOGE ? how long after the key import in CLAM walet, coins show in wallet ?
|
|
|
|
|
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1335
|
 |
July 26, 2014, 07:58:17 PM |
|
how much can I expect CLAM coins whether for each address in one walet ? it same for BTC, LTC, DOGE ? how long after the key import in CLAM walet, coins show in wallet ?
Each address which had a "non dust" amount of BTC, LTC, or DOGE at a particular point in time (probably early May, 2014, but maybe earlier I'm not sure) already has exactly 4.60545574 CLAM in the corresponding CLAM address (that is, the CLAM address which has the same private key as the BTC, LTC, or DOGE address). Coins will show in your CLAM wallet as soon as you import their key. If you import using "importprivkey", it takes a couple of minutes to do the rescan of the blockchain. If you leave your wallet running, you can expect to see the 4.6... CLAMs growing, something like this: http://khashier.com:2750/address/xUCggPFxSGHrFsFpXfVavavWcaSA5MmF7XThat's a random example - some stake faster, and some slower. Note how the 4.6 got split into 2.3 + 2.3 at one point, and later recombined into 5.01. The client automatically splits coins if they're staking too fast. 4.60545574 -> 4.61221837 -> 4.61254691 ---> 2.35 -> 2.45 -v-> 4.91254691 -> 5.01254691 ---> 2.55 `-> 2.36254691 ---' `-> 2.56254691
|
| Just-Dice | ██ ██████████ ██████████████████ ██████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████ ██████████████ ██████ | Play or Invest | ██ ██████████ ██████████████████ ██████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████ ██████████████ ██████ | 1% House Edge |
|
|
|
|
macorcina
|
 |
July 26, 2014, 08:23:02 PM |
|
how much can I expect CLAM coins whether for each address in one walet ? it same for BTC, LTC, DOGE ? how long after the key import in CLAM walet, coins show in wallet ?
Each address which had a "non dust" amount of BTC, LTC, or DOGE at a particular point in time (probably early May, 2014, but maybe earlier I'm not sure) already has exactly 4.60545574 CLAM in the corresponding CLAM address (that is, the CLAM address which has the same private key as the BTC, LTC, or DOGE address). Coins will show in your CLAM wallet as soon as you import their key. If you import using "importprivkey", it takes a couple of minutes to do the rescan of the blockchain. If you leave your wallet running, you can expect to see the 4.6... CLAMs growing, something like this: http://khashier.com:2750/address/xUCggPFxSGHrFsFpXfVavavWcaSA5MmF7XThat's a random example - some stake faster, and some slower. Note how the 4.6 got split into 2.3 + 2.3 at one point, and later recombined into 5.01. The client automatically splits coins if they're staking too fast. 4.60545574 -> 4.61221837 -> 4.61254691 ---> 2.35 -> 2.45 -v-> 4.91254691 -> 5.01254691 ---> 2.55 `-> 2.36254691 ---' `-> 2.56254691thanks And if i want import privatekey from LTC wallet, DOGE wallet, and BTC wallet in same CLAM wallet ?
|
|
|
|
|
|
JhoniOne
|
 |
July 26, 2014, 08:48:56 PM |
|
my purse is not synchronized, help me please
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬████ ★ BREAKOUT STAKE ★ WEBSITE ★ MULTICURRENCY SMART CONTRACTS + SIDECHAINS ★ ANN ★ COINSALE July 10 – July 24 ████▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|
|
|
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1290
|
 |
July 26, 2014, 08:58:02 PM |
|
The client automatically splits coins if they're staking too fast.
Thanks for that analysis. I haven't enquired deeply into the mechanics, meandthemissus are playing this with a totally straight bat, simply keeping the wallet open to allow staking. She's delighted that she now has 10 clams and I'm pleased to have 20. From a our adopted naive perspective, CLAMs is functioning exactly as expected. In fact, it's been so painless we're beginning to wonder whether that's it or whether we're missing something. Not that it'd be a problem for either of us if the answer was “Nope, that's it.” but I guess others who don't have the benefit of our technical familiarity might find some reassurance useful. FWIW. “They also serve, those who only hold and stake” with apologies to the shade of John Milton.Cheers, Graham
|
|
|
|
|
|
JhoniOne
|
 |
July 26, 2014, 10:13:37 PM |
|
Give list node
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬████ ★ BREAKOUT STAKE ★ WEBSITE ★ MULTICURRENCY SMART CONTRACTS + SIDECHAINS ★ ANN ★ COINSALE July 10 – July 24 ████▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|
|
|
|