Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:49:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 60 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Miner Control 1.6.1 - Auto profit switching miner controller  (Read 164294 times)
Travis9x

Activity: 170
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 05:35:26 AM

yaamp and tmb

balance is not show up
in mc 1.03 and pool
As explained by the dev before, Yaamp and TMB API's do not support balance reporting (currently only supported by NiceHash/WestHash).  Those pools also do not update your balance very frequently, even on their own websites.  You'll have to be patient, and take up the issue with them if they still do not show a balance for you after some time.
Of course, also make sure your wallet address settings with those pools are correct.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
StuffOfInterest (OP)

Activity: 401
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 10:16:51 AM

yaamp and tmb

balance is not show up
in mc 1.03 and pool
As explained by the dev before, Yaamp and TMB API's do not support balance reporting (currently only supported by NiceHash/WestHash).  Those pools also do not update your balance very frequently, even on their own websites.  You'll have to be patient, and take up the issue with them if they still do not show a balance for you after some time.
Of course, also make sure your wallet address settings with those pools are correct.

Correct.  As explained before, the per algo balances are a leftover from when NiceHash reported and paid at the algo level instead of the service level.  Doesn't really have any use now that they pay when the service wide balance reaches a threshold.  Future version of Miner Control, maybe 1.1, will drop the per algo balances and probably add another small grid for service level statistics. 

Before tackling that I want to get some of the crash issues people have been reporting addressed.  The issues don't seem to affect me very often as I left MC running for nine days while I was away and it was still trucking along when I got home.  I restarted before bed last night with the new error logging code and there haven't been any logged errors on my machine in the last eight hours.

On an unrelated note, looks like someone did a round of donation mining to my address a couple of days ago.  Thanks for that.  One future "feature" I'm thinking of adding in is an ability to let MC mine to the donation address a set percentage of time.  Even 1% would work out to 14 minutes out of a day.  Have to do some more thinking first of the most transparent way of implementing this so that users can opt in or out and set the frequency and length of the donation sessions.

BExR exchange rates on your phone's home screen.
Miner Control to get auto algorithm switching for multiple mining services. (please donate if you like)
Could Proof of Blockchain (PoBC) help secure a coin and avoid runaway ASIC mining?
yudhistira

Activity: 347

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 12:27:24 PM

How to :   Huh Huh

= change cmd font colour
= disable auto minimize
= auto start after boot windows
= autofit miner control to column, it's more blank space if used only 1 algo auto switching and 4 pool

WebsiteWhitepaperTelegram   International Blockchain Lottery   FacebookTwitterGitHub
════════☛ FIRELOTTO ☚════════    As simple and understandable as traditional lotteries are    ══════☛ PLAY NOW ☚══════
ltc_bilic

Activity: 130
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 01:01:23 PM

How to :   Huh Huh

= change cmd font colour
= disable auto minimize
= auto start after boot windows
= autofit miner control to column, it's more blank space if used only 1 algo auto switching and 4 pool

1) that's a question for developers of mining sortware (ccminer), you can help you're self with Properties window, and change necessary color, layout and hit apply for future instances
2) when creating a shortcut or running don't add  -t flag to options
3) through startup folder or Windows Task Scheduler (plenty of howto's on web)
4) it's a work in progess the dev already stated first stability then cosmetics
Zels

Activity: 203

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 03:11:23 PM
Last edit: September 15, 2014, 03:30:46 PM by Zels

More suggestions for your tool Smiley

- Mining to your donation address as you mention, perhaps something like: When Miner control start: Mine for 15min to your donations, then start auto cycle in our pools with perhaps an option in .conf with autoDonation = 1 or 0 as user wish.

Or 1 version without donation with limited supported pool, and another with forced donations if you add more pool to the supported list (and you need fo find wich card user is using to mine, amd/nvidia don't use same miner ^^ unless you're planing to cpu mine  Grin )

- Reload Minercontrol.conf while app is runing instead of stop/restart if we change some options/price

- Option to auto restart minercontrol like every 24h or users config time built inside the tool, even if we can do it ourself with other script ( Stop miner / Stop tool / restart Minercontrol )

- Sometimes Prices get stuck and don't update, dunno perhaps api down.  Yaamp price didn't update here for me and had to restart minercontrol to get price update
ltc_bilic

Activity: 130
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 05:20:40 PM

- Option to auto restart minercontrol like every 24h or users config time built inside the tool, even if we can do it ourself with other script ( Stop miner / Stop tool / restart Minercontrol )
You can use  "maxtime" -  you can see it in the config example that does just that, but it's not documented on top so you didn't see it. Value is in minutes.
Yeah i've noticed too that sometimes the prices got stuck when checking on main pages, restart helps. Might be a API down time syndrome.
Zels

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 05:55:26 PM

Maxtime is for miner max running time without switching if i'm not wrong ?
My maxtime is set to 180min, but tools runned for 5days before I restart it.

Suggestion is more to restart completly the minercontrol tool, not to restart ccminer/sgminer Smiley
StuffOfInterest (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 06:56:48 PM

Maxtime is for miner max running time without switching if i'm not wrong ?
My maxtime is set to 180min, but tools runned for 5days before I restart it.

Suggestion is more to restart completly the minercontrol tool, not to restart ccminer/sgminer Smiley

Yes, maxtime is to restart the miner instance not the control program.  Restarting the entire control program is not possible without an outside actor.  I can force MC to end but it can't tell itself to start back up unless we have it looped in a batch file.  Guess we could have an option to auto-exit after some number of minutes.  Then you can have the batch file created to run "MinerControl.exe -a" to auto-start mining.  I'll add that to the feature request list.

Miner Control to get auto algorithm switching for multiple mining services. (please donate if you like)
Could Proof of Blockchain (PoBC) help secure a coin and avoid runaway ASIC mining?
Travis9x

Activity: 170

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 10:16:35 PM

Before tackling that I want to get some of the crash issues people have been reporting addressed.  The issues don't seem to affect me very often as I left MC running for nine days while I was away and it was still trucking along when I got home.  I restarted before bed last night with the new error logging code and there haven't been any logged errors on my machine in the last eight hours.
Got some errors from the log here for you, hope it helps!
Code:
13:12:36
----------------------------------------------
Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Stack trace:    at MinerControl.Services.NiceHashServiceBase.DownloadStringCompletedBalance(Object sender, DownloadStringCompletedEventArgs e)

13:17:37
Stack trace:    at MinerControl.Services.NiceHashServiceBase.DownloadStringCompletedCurrent(Object sender, DownloadStringCompletedEventArgs e)

13:33:37
Stack trace:    at MinerControl.Services.NiceHashServiceBase.DownloadStringCompletedBalance(Object sender, DownloadStringCompletedEventArgs e)

14:02:37

14:09:38
Stack trace:    at MinerControl.Services.NiceHashServiceBase.DownloadStringCompletedCurrent(Object sender, DownloadStringCompletedEventArgs e)

14:32:38

15:22:38

On an unrelated note, looks like someone did a round of donation mining to my address a couple of days ago.  Thanks for that.  One future "feature" I'm thinking of adding in is an ability to let MC mine to the donation address a set percentage of time.  Even 1% would work out to 14 minutes out of a day.  Have to do some more thinking first of the most transparent way of implementing this so that users can opt in or out and set the frequency and length of the donation sessions.
This sounds like a great idea.  Perhaps integrate some areas of the .CONF file into a graphical "Settings" window, for some of the most common settings people change.  (basically the options in the window would just update the file with the new data once confirmed/closed…same thing as manually editing it, but just faster & easier, and without having to restart the tool to apply changes)  In this, include an optional "checkbox" setting for donation mining, including a setting for how much time to spend on it (% of each day).  I would recommend having it un-checked by default, so that people don't think you're being dishonest, but in any case this would allow people to easily choose to donate if they wish, and choose how much, without a lot of tinkering with the .CONF file (would also allow easier setup for new users, which is always a plus).

I know you already have a lot of suggestions on your plate, but I love the work you've been doing with everything and want you to know you have my support.  In fact, I'm a bit of a "tinkerer" with software development myself (I use MS Visual Studio Pro 2013), so if you'd ever like some help in your work, send me a PM sometime.   Smiley

StuffOfInterest (OP)

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 10:53:53 AM

Regarding the object reference errors, those are happening when the NiceHash API doesn't return.  Most likely they are being DDOS'd again.  I'll stop logging those once I have a way to show the last time each service reported, most likely in a "1.1" release.

As for development help, the code is still not quite to where I feel comfortable putting out there in the public domain, but it is getting closer.  The move from NHC to MC did a lot to separate out the various parts of the application.  At this point I'm concentrating on eliminating duplicate code between service implementations.

A few posts back Zels mentioned reloading the config file while the program is running.  I've been thinking of doing this but it would have some complexity.  It would require pretty much tearing down the entire internal state of the program which is built up as the config file loads.  This includes bringing code into memory for handling each service, which only happens if a service is included in the config file.  I'll still investigate but it is not as easy as just reparsing the configuration file.

yudhistira

Activity: 347

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 06:33:51 AM

When MC press stop button or auto switching

what command send to miner
press "close" or "q"

if close command done is that could make loss some share

WebsiteWhitepaperTelegram   International Blockchain Lottery   FacebookTwitterGitHub
════════☛ FIRELOTTO ☚════════    As simple and understandable as traditional lotteries are    ══════☛ PLAY NOW ☚══════
SS2006

Activity: 285

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 09:08:08 AM

Hi stuffofinterest, AMAZING service

3 quesitons in the interest of squeezing all the possible profitability out there

1) can waffle pool be added (I read earlier it is not possible, is this still the case?)

2) can multipool be added?

3) Can blackpool be added for X11 (very profitable lately)

http://poolpicker.eu/table?algo=x11

johnnyrocket

Activity: 123
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 09:27:26 AM

Great work StuffOfInterest, thanks.
Zels

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 12:18:04 PM

StuffOfInterest Dunno if you saw this reply in yaamp thread:

We will write that on our website when we get a chance but there's another function in the API to get user specific data.

Code:
request: 

http://yaamp.com/api/user?address=BITCOIN_WALLET

result:

{
  "account":
  {
    "unsold": 0.00190214,
    "balance": 0.00061602,
    "unpaid": 0.00251816,
    "paid": 0.00168939,
    "total": 0.00420755
  },

"miners":
  {
    "x11": {"miners": 1, "shares": 0.038, "hashrate": 2169703},
  }
}

Should be able to get coin balance for yaamp and trademybit too with https://pool.trademybit.com/api/balance?key=apikey Smiley
StuffOfInterest (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 01:03:37 PM

StuffOfInterest Dunno if you saw this reply in yaamp thread:

We will write that on our website when we get a chance but there's another function in the API to get user specific data.

Code:
request: 

http://yaamp.com/api/user?address=BITCOIN_WALLET

result:

{
  "account":
  {
    "unsold": 0.00190214,
    "balance": 0.00061602,
    "unpaid": 0.00251816,
    "paid": 0.00168939,
    "total": 0.00420755
  },

"miners":
  {
    "x11": {"miners": 1, "shares": 0.038, "hashrate": 2169703},
  }
}

Should be able to get coin balance for yaamp and trademybit too with https://pool.trademybit.com/api/balance?key=apikey Smiley

I had seen that.  This plays into a change I'm planning to do for version 1.1.  There will be a second grid in the upper right corner with one line for each service.  That line will contain the service name, last time it updated (in case site goes down), and the current balance for that service if available.  If I get the time to work on it I hope t have this done in the next week or two as I'm just about finished cleaning up some of the behind the scenes code to remove redundancy.

StuffOfInterest (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 01:05:08 PM

When MC press stop button or auto switching

what command send to miner
press "close" or "q"

if close command done is that could make loss some share

Currently just does a kill on the process. You will lose the active work being done but I believe the same would happen if you hit 'q'.  Right now it would be difficult to inject the command to the miner as I don't keep a handle for stdin and stdout when launching the process.

StuffOfInterest (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 01:10:28 PM

Hi stuffofinterest, AMAZING service

3 quesitons in the interest of squeezing all the possible profitability out there

1) can waffle pool be added (I read earlier it is not possible, is this still the case?)

2) can multipool be added?

3) Can blackpool be added for X11 (very profitable lately)

http://poolpicker.eu/table?algo=x11

Can you answer these questions:

Do each of these have an API which returns real time paying per algorithm in BTC?

Do each of these provide auto-conversion to BTC?

The first question is essential as it is how I choose which service and algorithm to run.

The second is important as that was an original goal of the site but I'm becoming less rigid on that requirement.

The problem someone identified with waffle pool is that it only provides numbers for beginning of day to present not real time so although it could be included I'd have to recommend weighing it below "1.0" to discount when you would use it over other services.  I'll add it to the wish list (post # 2 in the thread).

SS2006

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 06:41:28 PM

I will ask the admins of the 3 pool about your first requirement Smiley

I know blackpool pays in BC (not bitcoin, but its ok casue we can just put in a BC addresss in the config) and also Multipool doesnt autoconvert and pays in all kinds of coins, so thats annoying. Wafflepool does autoconvert but i dont know about the real time api, ill ask
SS2006

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 06:28:40 PM

so how does this compare with Awesomeminer, pretty much the same? (in terms of profitability)

Awesome miner seems glittery/polished, but i just care about performance
DemosMirak

Activity: 146

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 07:08:04 PM

so how does this compare with Awesomeminer, pretty much the same? (in terms of profitability)

Awesome miner seems glittery/polished, but i just care about performance

It uses the same calculations, but has more functionality and supports more pools.

BTC: 13enECLM3M3gjQDoBKouXuYFG4zXaDdDPx
LTC: LRTbQNQcRjZV51PivQdhK7zpMtJYPouqR9
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 60 »
  Print  

Jump to: