Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 07:03:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Miner Control 1.6.1 - Auto profit switching miner controller  (Read 164291 times)
Zels

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 05:33:39 AM

Only Pool info & backup pool + all settings needed.
I prefer order of a conf than having everything on 1 big line where you can't find what you have to modify  Grin
1 conf for 1 pool/algo.  Longer to set up at first for all pool, but once it's done, it's easy to modify, and no need to reload MC to apply change ^^

the _SPARAM1_ it's just the flag -c to tell sgminer to load my .conf ^^

Code:
{
"pools" : [
{
        "name" : "NHash_X11",
        "url" : "stratum+tcp://stratum.nicehash.com:3336",
        "user" : "1KSTYGj25RRQ5i1GNVUGTjUsSyZr4uSPiz.R9",
        "pass" : "d=0.01",
        "nfactor" : "10",
        "algorithm" : "darkcoin-mod",
"gpu-engine" : "1100",
"gpu-memclock" : "1500",
"xintensity" : "256",
        "thread-concurrency" : "13188"
     },
   {
          "name" : "LTC_x11",
          "url" : "x11.ltcrabbit.com:3332",
          "user" : "x",
          "pass" : "x",
     }
]
"hamsi-expand-big" : "1",
"hamsi-short" : true,
"worksize" : "64",
"shaders" : "1280",
"lookup-gap" : "2",
"gpu-threads" : "2",
"gpu-powertune" : "20",
"temp-cutoff" : "94",
"temp-overheat" : "88",
"temp-hysteresis" : "3",
"api-listen" : true,
"api-mcast-port" : "4028",
"expiry" : "1",
"log" : "5",
"vectors" : "1",
"shares" : "0",
"no-restart" : true,
"failover-switch-delay" : "30",
"failover-only" : true,
"no-pool-disable" : true,
"queue" : "0",
"scan-time" : "1",
"show-coindiff" : true,
"remove-disabled" : true,
"tcp-keepalive": "30",
"disable-rejecting" : true,
"extranonce-subscription" : true,
"blake-compact" : true,
"keccak-unroll" : "8",
"luffa-parallel" : true,
"api-allow" : "W:127.0.0.1"
}

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jch9678

Activity: 169

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 05:43:58 AM

Only Pool info & backup pool + all settings needed.
I prefer order of a conf than having everything on 1 big line where you can't find what you have to modify  Grin
1 conf for 1 pool/algo.  Longer to set up at first for all pool, but once it's done, it's easy to modify, and no need to reload MC to apply change ^^

the _SPARAM1_ it's just the flag -c to tell sgminer to load my .conf ^^

Code:
{
"pools" : [
{
        "name" : "NHash_X11",
        "url" : "stratum+tcp://stratum.nicehash.com:3336",
        "user" : "1KSTYGj25RRQ5i1GNVUGTjUsSyZr4uSPiz.R9",
        "pass" : "d=0.01",
     },
   {
          "name" : "LTC_x11",
          "url" : "x11.ltcrabbit.com:3332",
          "user" : "x",
          "pass" : "x",
     }
]
"hamsi-expand-big" : "1",
"hamsi-short" : true,
"worksize" : "64",
"shaders" : "1280",
"lookup-gap" : "2",
"gpu-threads" : "2",
"gpu-powertune" : "20",
"temp-cutoff" : "94",
"temp-overheat" : "88",
"temp-hysteresis" : "3",
"api-listen" : true,
"api-mcast-port" : "4028",
"expiry" : "1",
"log" : "5",
"vectors" : "1",
"shares" : "0",
"no-restart" : true,
"failover-switch-delay" : "30",
"failover-only" : true,
"no-pool-disable" : true,
"queue" : "0",
"scan-time" : "1",
"show-coindiff" : true,
"remove-disabled" : true,
"tcp-keepalive": "30",
"disable-rejecting" : true,
"extranonce-subscription" : true,
"blake-compact" : true,
"keccak-unroll" : "8",
"luffa-parallel" : true,
"api-allow" : "W:127.0.0.1"
}

I much prefer config's too.  So your _SPARAM1_ x11NH.conf still has the pools section in it even though we are supposed to also put the stratum address in sparam2?  Thanks for the help. 

Oh also I noticed you don't have "aparam3": "" set up for whirlpoolx in the algorithms section, I don't know if that makes a difference.

BTC: 15GqpmqNNJ1REWrDWTfymh7moos1sEvz7A
Zels

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 05:56:55 AM

aparam1, aparam2, aparam3, _SPARAM2_, _SPARAM3_ are not used since everything is read from the .conf, pool url, port, etc
You can write anything on this var, we don't care, they're just there coz I modified this conf from my nvidia rig, and didn't clean all the useless infos  Cheesy

You can use a line like this, without any variable from Mc and it will work the same Smiley

{ "algo": "x11", "folder": "C:\\Users\\zel\\Desktop\\MinerControl\\sgminer-5.1-2014-12-20-win32", "command": "sgminer.exe", "arguments": "-c x11NH.conf", "usewindow":  true },
jch9678

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 06:25:17 AM

aparam1, aparam2, aparam3, _SPARAM2_, _SPARAM3_ are not used since everything is read from the .conf, pool url, port, etc
You can write anything on this var, we don't care, they're just there coz I modified this conf from my nvidia rig, and didn't clean all the useless infos  Cheesy

You can use a line like this, without any variable from Mc and it will work the same Smiley

{ "algo": "x11", "folder": "C:\\Users\\zel\\Desktop\\MinerControl\\sgminer-5.1-2014-12-20-win32", "command": "sgminer.exe", "arguments": "-c x11NH.conf", "usewindow":  true },

Very cool, thanks. it's going to be much easier to get miner control to work.  Thanks again.

StuffOfInterest (OP)

Activity: 401
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 11:15:06 AM

Zels, thanks for helping everyone get WhirlpoolX up and running.

I've updated the examples in the first post to show use of the WhirlpoolX algo with ccminer.

BExR exchange rates on your phone's home screen.
Miner Control to get auto algorithm switching for multiple mining services. (please donate if you like)
Could Proof of Blockchain (PoBC) help secure a coin and avoid runaway ASIC mining?
jch9678

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 05:58:32 AM

So I'm running Miner Control with the Test Miner to look at prices.  At this moment Hamsterpool x11 has the best price but I can't find anywhere on their site that corresponds to the price Miner Control produces.  All the others are pretty easy to match, yaamp, nice/westhash, ltcrabbit etc but I can't do it for hamsterpool.  Am I missing something obvious?  It also seems to be much more volatile than the others...

Bombadil

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 06:08:52 AM

So I'm running Miner Control with the Test Miner to look at prices.  At this moment Hamsterpool x11 has the best price but I can't find anywhere on their site that corresponds to the price Miner Control produces.  All the others are pretty easy to match, yaamp, nice/westhash, ltcrabbit etc but I can't do it for hamsterpool.  Am I missing something obvious?  It also seems to be much more volatile than the others...

Take the ***e BTC per MH, multiply by 1000 and you'll get the "price" Miner Control is reading.

I'm also almost finished with a new release for my mod. Some new features in there, like mining by average over a set window period. So instead of only being able to mine by current or past 24h profit, you could also mine by the average of the past 5 minutes. A lot more stable but still close to the real price.

PS: Don't believe blindly what every pool says. Some have calculation errors, like rounding piling up, and others just blatantly lie. Be careful and set the weight per pool according to real payouts.
jch9678

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 06:33:55 AM

So I'm running Miner Control with the Test Miner to look at prices.  At this moment Hamsterpool x11 has the best price but I can't find anywhere on their site that corresponds to the price Miner Control produces.  All the others are pretty easy to match, yaamp, nice/westhash, ltcrabbit etc but I can't do it for hamsterpool.  Am I missing something obvious?  It also seems to be much more volatile than the others...

Take the ***e BTC per MH, multiply by 1000 and you'll get the "price" Miner Control is reading.

I'm also almost finished with a new release for my mod. Some new features in there, like mining by average over a set window period. So instead of only being able to mine by current or past 24h profit, you could also mine by the average of the past 5 minutes. A lot more stable but still close to the real price.

PS: Don't believe blindly what every pool says. Some have calculation errors, like rounding piling up, and others just blatantly lie. Be careful and set the weight per pool according to real payouts.

Thanks for replying.  Even that number is consistently different by a pretty significant margin.  I just opened up Miner Control and the first price it grabbed is .372526 BTC/GH/Day and refreshing Hamsterpool at the same time showed .00041892 BTC/MH/Day.  MC even showed a price over .5 at one point when westhash was showing half that.  I've never mined on hamsterpool so I'll just have to keep my eye on it.  Your new mod sounds like the perfect solution but how is that going to be implemented on hamsterpool?  It looks like they only provide past 24 hour payouts and estimated 24 hour payouts, does their api allow for more detailed stats?  Either way I'm looking forward to your mod (and actually using mc).  Thanks.

Bombadil

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 06:40:22 AM

Thanks for replying.  Even that number is consistently different by a pretty significant margin.  I just opened up Miner Control and the first price it grabbed is .372526 BTC/GH/Day and refreshing Hamsterpool at the same time showed .00041892 BTC/MH/Day.  MC even showed a price over .5 at one point when westhash was showing half that.  I've never mined on hamsterpool so I'll just have to keep my eye on it.  Your new mod sounds like the perfect solution but how is that going to be implemented on hamsterpool?  It looks like they only provide past 24 hour payouts and estimated 24 hour payouts, does their api allow for more detailed stats?  Either way I'm looking forward to your mod (and actually using mc).  Thanks.

Depends on when that price was grabbed. Sometimes, a buyer on nicehash forgets a zero in his price, resulting into very high profits for a minute, until the buyer realizes. This happens frequently Tongue
Hamsterpool also seems to constantly update its profits. Most pools do it only once a minute. This might explain the difference Wink
There could also be some lag on their API. But then you'd have to complain with them Tongue

My mod's history grabs it real-time, saves it in memory and runs some basic analysis on these numbers. Outlier detection and ignoring them is also in it, but doesn't work with mining by average (ofc Tongue)
jch9678

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 06:57:19 AM

Depends on when that price was grabbed. Sometimes, a buyer on nicehash forgets a zero in his price, resulting into very high profits for a minute, until the buyer realizes. This happens frequently Tongue
Hamsterpool also seems to constantly update its profits. Most pools do it only once a minute. This might explain the difference Wink
There could also be some lag on their API. But then you'd have to complain with them Tongue

My mod's history grabs it real-time, saves it in memory and runs some basic analysis on these numbers. Outlier detection and ignoring them is also in it, but doesn't work with mining by average (ofc Tongue)

Ha, wonder if a buyer messed up his x11 order on nice/westhash the last 36 hours.  Maybe that was just drk though. 

Your new mod keeps sounding better and better.

Zels

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 09:18:19 AM

Don't hope too much on Hamsterpool Smiley

It's not a pool like yamp that collect all coins mined by all miner, sell them and then share btc in proportion of your work.

On Hamster, you mine profitable coin, but they're not auto exchanged with other users coins.  They just sit on your account until you get enough to auto trade them to BTC and it can takes WEEKS before you get enough to auto trade them, soo price could be way lower than the days you mined them.

Tried this pool for 2 weeks with 2 card, and nothing was auto exchanged coz didn't reach auto exchange limit. End up trading them myself and completly removed hamster from pool Smiley
jkminkov

Activity: 698

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 03:35:59 PM

hamster has hidden fees - your coins are being held forever unless you have over 0,002, this is per coin type - MYR has 3 different coin types, so your balance is being split between them and not counted as one ... MYR..., they have 15 coins out there, so you need 0.04btc worth of coins mined per day to get steady daily payout

also they mine LTC and never found a block and DarkCoin has 12 to 16 hours estimate time to find a block, add PPLNS on top of that...don't use them unless you have 5-10kWh/s mining power...cause odds are against you...

unlike that, yaamp pays each satoshi...

0.042898   0.042898   0.00000006 BTC

Bleutrade
10,000 dollars in one place talking - Dudes, hooray, Bitcoin against us just one, but we are growing in numbers!
Bombadil

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 09:40:33 PM
Last edit: March 05, 2015, 07:06:24 PM by Bombadil

I love playing with statistics. It's an interest I only recently discovered, but it opened a whole new world already Wink
Anyways, new release Cheesy v1.6.4 KBombaMod Smiley (.exe is in the .7z)
I crossed off all remaining feature requests on the second post of this thread, like "exittime" and "delay". Coinking and blackcoinpool still do not fit the requirement of a current profitability API. I've been trying to convince other multipools about adding such an API but no success so far Sad If anyone knows about a multipool with it that isn't in MinerControl, please tell. I'll gladly add it.
I also implemented basic history collection and analysis, so you can now either mine by average price over a set X minute time period, or just ignore peak prices, aka outliers.
And much more info on the github pages ^^"

Releases: https://github.com/KBomba/MinerControl-KBomba/releases
Source: https://github.com/KBomba/MinerControl-KBomba
Up-to-date Readme: https://github.com/KBomba/MinerControl-KBomba/blob/master/README.md
Up-to-date .conf: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/KBomba/MinerControl-KBomba/master/MinerControl/MinerControl.conf

PS: Don't forget to join #MinerControl on freenode Cool (WebIRC)
jch9678

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 10:52:54 PM

I love playing with statistics. It's an interest I only recently discovered, but it opened a whole new world already Wink
I crossed off all remaining feature requests on the second post of this thread, like "exittime" and "delay". Coinking and blackcoinpool still do not fit the requirement of a current profitability API. I've been trying to convince other multipools about adding such an API but no success so far Sad If anyone knows about a multipool with it that isn't in MinerControl, please tell. I'll gladly add it.
I also implemented basic history collection and analysis, so you can now either mine by average price over a set X minute time period, or just ignore peak prices, aka outliers.

Up-to-date Readme: https://github.com/KBomba/MinerControl-KBomba/blob/master/README.md
Up-to-date .conf: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/KBomba/MinerControl-KBomba/master/MinerControl/MinerControl.conf

Great, looking forward to testing it out.

So it looks like there are only 3 viable pools to get paid in btc for gpu miners (4 if you're ok getting paid in ltc)

Nice/Westhash
Yaamp
WePayBTC (might be tough for people to set up but if you use config files like Zels then it's straightforward)

I saw you asked netcoin pool to implement an api, the only other potential pools I see from a cursory search are http://miningpoolhub.com/ and http://www.xpool.ca/   Somehow poolpicker.eu has a 24 hour price for coinking, could that be used somehow?  Just found this one from poolpicker  https://prohashing.com/ (edit, that's only scrypt)

Bombadil

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 05:53:39 AM

Great, looking forward to testing it out.

So it looks like there are only 3 viable pools to get paid in btc for gpu miners (4 if you're ok getting paid in ltc)

Nice/Westhash
Yaamp
WePayBTC (might be tough for people to set up but if you use config files like Zels then it's straightforward)

I saw you asked netcoin pool to implement an api, the only other potential pools I see from a cursory search are http://miningpoolhub.com/ and http://www.xpool.ca/   Somehow poolpicker.eu has a 24 hour price for coinking, could that be used somehow?  Just found this one from poolpicker  https://prohashing.com/ (edit, that's only scrypt)

I already contacted miningpoolhub Tongue I didn't contact xpool yet, but since they only have scrypt, sha and x11, it's not that much worth of switching.
I can add pools that only give out 24h profits, but those aren't "up to date" and is a bad comparison with other pools that give out direct, current profitability. Anyone else here asking for coinking etc? Tongue
fenomenhaa

Activity: 248

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 08:45:09 PM

What's wrong with my setup? Checked profile triple,all correct !!! but my miner not hashing just shows find blocks!! When i checked from pool statics, no hashing!!

▄▀▀▀▄
   ▄▀▀▀▄   █   █   ▄▀▀▀▄
   █   █    ▀█▀    █   █
    ▀▀▀▀▄    ▀    ▄▀▀▀▀
DE]   ██▀▀▀█▄   ▀▀█   █
 ▀▀▀      ██▄▄▄█▀      ▀▀▀
        ▄   ▀ ▀   ▄
   ▄▀▀▀█     █     █▀▀▀▄
   █   █   ▄▀▀▀▄   █   █
    ▀▀▀    █   █    ▀▀▀
            ▀▀▀
          ▄▄█▄█▄[/color]
▄▀▀▀▄     ██   ██     ▄▀▀▀▄
█   █▀▀[color=#2C97
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████  ██████
██████  ██████
██████  ██████
██████  ██████  ██████
██████  ██████  ██████
██████  ██████  ██████
██████  ██████  ██████
██████  ██████  ██████
██████  ██████  ██████
✓  SUPER FAST TRANSACTION
✓  USER-FRIENDLY INTERFACE
✓  FAST & EASY REGISTRATION
▄██████
███▀▀▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███▄▄▄▄
▀██████
JOIN AFFILIATE PROGRAM
UP TO 50% COMMISSIONS
██████▄
▀▀▀▀███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▄▄▄███
██████▀
jch9678

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 09:00:17 PM

What's wrong with my setup? Checked profile triple,all correct !!! but my miner not hashing just shows find blocks!! When i checked from pool statics, no hashing!!

You're somehow using the testminer that is supplied in the download.

fenomenhaa

Activity: 248

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 01:29:37 PM

So you have an idea how to fix?

▄▀▀▀▄
   ▄▀▀▀▄   █   █   ▄▀▀▀▄
   █   █    ▀█▀    █   █
    ▀▀▀▀▄    ▀    ▄▀▀▀▀
DE]   ██▀▀▀█▄   ▀▀█   █
 ▀▀▀      ██▄▄▄█▀      ▀▀▀
        ▄   ▀ ▀   ▄
   ▄▀▀▀█     █     █▀▀▀▄
   █   █   ▄▀▀▀▄   █   █
    ▀▀▀    █   █    ▀▀▀
            ▀▀▀
          ▄▄█▄█▄[/color]
▄▀▀▀▄     ██   ██     ▄▀▀▀▄
█   █▀▀[color=#2C97
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████  ██████
██████  ██████
██████  ██████
██████  ██████  ██████
██████  ██████  ██████
██████  ██████  ██████
██████  ██████  ██████
██████  ██████  ██████
██████  ██████  ██████
✓  SUPER FAST TRANSACTION
✓  USER-FRIENDLY INTERFACE
✓  FAST & EASY REGISTRATION
▄██████
███▀▀▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███▄▄▄▄
▀██████
JOIN AFFILIATE PROGRAM
UP TO 50% COMMISSIONS
██████▄
▀▀▀▀███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▄▄▄███
██████▀
jch9678

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 03:37:27 PM

See your old post here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=769239.msg10630571#msg10630571 where it says testminer.exe....

Now compare it to this config https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=769239.msg10335090#msg10335090

You see how his "aparam1": is set.  That is the directory where your miner is located.  And "aparam2": is the actual name of the miner, in his case it's sgminer.  Just in case you're still not sure, Miner Control is not a miner in and of itself.  You have to use it in conjunction with sgminer or the nvidia miners.  In Miner Control's config, you point to your miner.  Does that help?

Bombadil

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 03:42:08 PM

See your old post here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=769239.msg10630571#msg10630571 where it says testminer.exe....

Now compare it to this config https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=769239.msg10335090#msg10335090

You see how his "aparam1": is set.  That is the directory where your miner is located.  And "aparam2": is the actual name of the miner, in his case it's sgminer.  Just in case you're still not sure, Miner Control is not a miner in and of itself.  You have to use it in conjunction with sgminer or the nvidia miners.  In Miner Control's config, you point to your miner.  Does that help?

All hail & +1 Cheesy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  

Jump to: