Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 11:52:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Miner Control 1.6.1 - Auto profit switching miner controller  (Read 164294 times)
StuffOfInterest (OP)

Activity: 401
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 11:12:19 AM

I just noticed, but the wafflepool X13 price keeps being 0, leading to the rest of the calculations being 0 as well. Am I the only with this?

I see that too and it is coming in as zero from the API.  I'm not sure if WafflePool is starting up or shutting down support for X13 as they have instructions for it on their website but it does not show up in the top line stats on the site.

BExR exchange rates on your phone's home screen.
Miner Control to get auto algorithm switching for multiple mining services. (please donate if you like)
Could Proof of Blockchain (PoBC) help secure a coin and avoid runaway ASIC mining?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Travis9x

Activity: 170
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2014, 02:15:17 PM

I just noticed, but the wafflepool X13 price keeps being 0, leading to the rest of the calculations being 0 as well. Am I the only with this?

I see that too and it is coming in as zero from the API.  I'm not sure if WafflePool is starting up or shutting down support for X13 as they have instructions for it on their website but it does not show up in the top line stats on the site.
As I recall, a few months ago they "ran out" of profitable X13 coins to mine.  Not sure why they haven't found replacements by now, but they did shut down the X13 pool until profitable coins are found again.
(I repeat, other pools still have profitable X13 coins/pools, so I don't know why WafflePool doesn't)

StuffOfInterest (OP)

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 01:39:55 AM

Miner Control 1.3.0 has been released and is available for download.

This release adds downloading of exchange rate for local currency and showing balances in local currency.

Miner Control to get auto algorithm switching for multiple mining services. (please donate if you like)
Could Proof of Blockchain (PoBC) help secure a coin and avoid runaway ASIC mining?
ltc_bilic

Activity: 130
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 05:57:16 AM

Thank you very much for this function, it's amazing can show even in my currency - EUR  Kiss
SS2006

Activity: 285

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 08:27:52 AM

hi guys
is there any point in enabling waffle pool in the config? since its not live api, isnt there a chance i will not be making top $ mining it if its previous (but currently shown stat) isn't as high as it really is.

Also, any chance on getting Mutlipool and Blackpool (Blackcoin) on board?
DemosMirak

Activity: 146

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 09:34:24 AM

hi guys
is there any point in enabling waffle pool in the config? since its not live api, isnt there a chance i will not be making top $ mining it if its previous (but currently shown stat) isn't as high as it really is.

Also, any chance on getting Mutlipool and Blackpool (Blackcoin) on board?

I use a weight of 0.8 for wafflepool to correct for possibly lower prices.

Multipool does seem to haven an API, so it is possible, but I do not know how often it updates.

Blackpool pays out in Blackcoin, and for this tool it needs to be BTC. I guess it could be worked in by converting blackcoin prices to BTC, but that would just make it more complicated

BTC: 13enECLM3M3gjQDoBKouXuYFG4zXaDdDPx
LTC: LRTbQNQcRjZV51PivQdhK7zpMtJYPouqR9
StuffOfInterest (OP)

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 10:39:32 AM

Thank you very much for this function, it's amazing can show even in my currency - EUR  Kiss

The recent volatility in Bitcoin price made me decide it was time to put this in.  As for the currency symbol, when I saw that was part of the data returned by the API I figured it wouldn't hurt to have it in there.

dddbtc

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 05:33:07 PM

Please add Prohashing.com if possible.  They seem to provide realtime profitability statistics.
StuffOfInterest (OP)

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 07:07:08 PM

Please add Prohashing.com if possible.  They seem to provide realtime profitability statistics.

Single algo (Scrypt), doesn't appear to have an API, and charges nearly 5% fee.  Umm, no thanks.

Travis9x

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2014, 11:27:26 PM

Please add Prohashing.com if possible.  They seem to provide realtime profitability statistics.

Single algo (Scrypt), doesn't appear to have an API, and charges nearly 5% fee.  Umm, no thanks.
lol, sums up my thoughts exactly   Cheesy

dddbtc

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 02:38:07 AM

Does anyone else use this software for ASIC?  I realize most of the program's utility is geared towards GPU miners, but I'd imagine I'm not the only one looking to pool switch on Scrypt only.
DemosMirak

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 06:27:18 AM

Does anyone else use this software for ASIC?  I realize most of the program's utility is geared towards GPU miners, but I'd imagine I'm not the only one looking to pool switch on Scrypt only.

I'm guessing it wouldn't be too hard for asics to use this, just point it at the miner, change the .conf accordingly, and put a 0 for all the hashing speeds of the other algos. But you probably are a minority in this thread, and I don't know how much sense it would make to develop things specifically for that minority. Of course, if the dev has enough time, he is free to do so, more functionality is never wrong.

StuffOfInterest (OP)

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 10:36:15 AM

I'm guessing it wouldn't be too hard for asics to use this, just point it at the miner, change the .conf accordingly, and put a 0 for all the hashing speeds of the other algos. But you probably are a minority in this thread, and I don't know how much sense it would make to develop things specifically for that minority. Of course, if the dev has enough time, he is free to do so, more functionality is never wrong.

Being that Miner Control just launches an external program for mining it should work with any ASIC miner that is software controlled.  You don't even have to zero out the other algorithms, just remove their lines completely.

If anyone wants to send me a few ASIC miners I'll be happy to test it out.  Tongue

DemosMirak

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 11:04:38 AM

Being that Miner Control just launches an external program for mining it should work with any ASIC miner that is software controlled.  You don't even have to zero out the other algorithms, just remove their lines completely.

If anyone wants to send me a few ASIC miners I'll be happy to test it out.  Tongue

For quality purposes, one should test on multiple systems. For this, I volunteer. PM me for contact info to send me the ASIC miners.

Travis9x

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 11:05:42 AM

For quality purposes, one should test on multiple systems. For this, I volunteer. PM me for contact info to send me the ASIC miners.
Send me some too, and I'll be happy to test.  Wink

Travis9x

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 11:08:18 AM

lol, sums up my thoughts exactly   Cheesy

Does anyone else use this software for ASIC?  I realize most of the program's utility is geared towards GPU miners, but I'd imagine I'm not the only one looking to pool switch on Scrypt only.

Being that Miner Control just launches an external program for mining it should work with any ASIC miner that is software controlled.  You don't even have to zero out the other algorithms, just remove their lines completely.

If anyone wants to send me a few ASIC miners I'll be happy to test it out.  Tongue
To dddbtc:  Regardless of whether it will work well with ASIC miners (which it should), that pool still seems like a terrible pool.  No API makes it hard to work with, and the 5% fee is rather high.  Most pools charge 2% on average, and virtually all of the included pools already support Scrypt.  Suggest a better pool and I'm sure he'll be happy to add it.

StuffOfInterest (OP)

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 11:17:37 AM

To dddbtc:  Regardless of whether it will work well with ASIC miners (which it should), that pool still seems like a terrible pool.  No API makes it hard to work with, and the 5% fee is rather high.  Most pools charge 2% on average, and virtually all of the included pools already support Scrypt.  Suggest a better pool and I'm sure he'll be happy to add it.

Now that the program is open source anyone else is welcome to add the support for another pool and submit a pull request for me to integrate it.  If you look at the YAAMP or WafflePool service code it is under 100 lines of working code mostly involving parsing out the API results.  Adding a new service only requires creating two files and doing one line modifications to two other files.

Travis9x

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 11:26:58 AM

Now that the program is open source anyone else is welcome to add the support for another pool and submit a pull request for me to integrate it.  If you look at the YAAMP or WafflePool service code it is under 100 lines of working code mostly involving parsing out the API results.  Adding a new service only requires creating two files and doing one line modifications to two other files.
Yeah, I haven't had a chance to look over the code yet. Tongue  Rest assured I will take a look, and submit any ideas/changes I come up with…and I'm sure the code's not as big a mess as you made it out to be before. Wink  lol

kalen37

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 12:25:16 AM
Last edit: October 12, 2014, 12:46:05 AM by kalen37

OK, so I get miner control config'd and the control panel comes up. When I hit auto eventually all status displays as dead. Help!?

error log:

Type: InvalidOperationException
Stack trace:    at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
   at MinerControl.MiningEngine.RunBestAlgo(Boolean isMinimizedToTray)

over and over
StuffOfInterest (OP)

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 02:16:08 AM

OK, so I get miner control config'd and the control panel comes up. When I hit auto eventually all status displays as dead. Help!?

error log:

Type: InvalidOperationException
Stack trace:    at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
   at MinerControl.MiningEngine.RunBestAlgo(Boolean isMinimizedToTray)

over and over

First, try launching a miner manually (start button on the price grid).  If it doesn't start then you have a config error causing the miner to go dead.

Best guess is an error in your conf file.  If you provide a copy of it I can take a look.  Most likely you are not getting any valid miner entries from the file so trying to determine the best paying algo throws an error.

Try running with the sample conf file bundled with the executable.  Put in your Bitcoin address and TMB key.  Start modifying from there to put your own miner information in.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  

Jump to: