Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 07:48:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA - Unmoderated thread  (Read 70700 times)
_nur

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 02:29:16 PM

1 word

vaporware

same as maidsafe
wrxbuzz

Activity: 291

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 02:32:04 PM

1 word

vaporware

same as maidsafe

Maidsafe is ranking NO.8 on coinmarketcap.com, people enjoy trading profit from daily trading. But what does IOTA offer to people? No exchange, only fake OTC trading to fool noobs.
wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 02:58:42 PM

this thread starts to remind me of the first NXT days after the ICO.. huge success imminent  Cool Cool

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
SteveoMB

Activity: 360

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 02:59:44 PM

ROFL look at the censorship in IOTA thread  Roll Eyes

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1216479.msg17695985#msg17695985

These answers of mine to them, are not allowed even to be linked from the thread.

Can someone else please go there and paste the link to this thread?

Let it be known. IOTA is a failed project from the start. Sell your iotatokens before its too late, before Dominik and CfB take your money!

damn you really love to lie. lets talk with real names and look how far you wanna go without your anonymity.
your accusations are beyond wrong. they are malicious and unjustified, just because you are interested in trading. it's easy as that.
if you have scientific proof, proof it, dog. and for fucks sake be a man and use your real name everything else is cowardice.

The Tangler - No bells and whistles, just information
SatoNatomato

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 03:20:08 PM

These answers of mine to them, are not allowed even to be linked from the thread.

Let it be known. IOTA is a failed project from the start. Sell your iotatokens before its too late, before Dominik and CfB take your money!

damn you really love to lie. lets talk with real names and look how far you wanna go without your anonymity.
your accusations are beyond wrong. they are malicious and unjustified, just because you are interested in trading. it's easy as that.
if you have scientific proof, proof it, dog. and for fucks sake be a man and use your real name everything else is cowardice.
You are laughable.

You cant just say "youre wrong", Uh oh OKAY that is such a strong argument.

Unless you have invested your money in this shitcoin and is now afraid of loosing it.

Because you couldnt use your brain to realize that Proof-of-Work when done by a small chip powered by batteries and GPUs are not in the same ballpark and together with a DAG cannot protect against double-spending.

There is no global consensus in IOTA.

But please, continue drinking the juice of super inflated-egos and "FinTech" experts, PhDs and other authorities, as that maybe gets you off. Your financial troubles and wishes for fortune may be solved by mere reading of these words, THE NEXT BIG THING IoT Internet Of Things, Enterprise DAG Tryte TANGLE Economy of SCALE MASSIVE. JINN MACHINE. Quantum Safe home made crypto!
SteveoMB

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 03:27:54 PM

You are laughable.

Unless you have invested your money in this shitcoin and is now afraid of loosing it.

Because you couldnt use your brain to realize that Proof-of-Work when done by a small chip powered by batteries and GPUs are not in the same ballpark and together with a DAG cannot protect against double-spending.

But please, continue drinking the juice of super inflated-egos and "FinTech" experts, PhDs and other authorities, as that maybe gets you off. Your financial troubles and wishes for fortune may be solved by mere reading of these words, THE NEXT BIG THING IoT Internet Of Things, Enterprise DAG Tryte TANGLE Economy of SCALE MASSIVE. JINN MACHINE. Quantum Safe home made crypto!
all I read is "mimimimimi"
bring proof. I read the whitepaper and know how IOTA works, you are wrong about it.
all those words are worthless unless you proof anything. since I know you cannot proof it, this will be a funny conversation.
up till now, you are not more than a clown screaming bullshit on a marketplace to be able to buy low and push byteball. although everyone already knows that they are no competitors.

SatoNatomato

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 03:48:42 PM

You are laughable.

bring proof. I read the whitepaper and know how IOTA works, you are wrong about it.
all those words are worthless unless you proof anything. since I know you cannot proof it, this will be a funny conversation.
up till now, you are not more than a clown screaming bullshit on a marketplace to be able to buy low and push byteball. although everyone already knows that they are no competitors.

Sorry for your monetary loss.
achimsmile
Legendary

Activity: 1225
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 03:55:56 PM

Your IoT device is not per se using IOTA/Bitcoin or relying on any of its features.

I'm saying that my IoT device can sign IOTA transactions, and can receive IOTA transactions, and can use the whole API.
And you're saying that by doing so, it doesn't use any features of IOTA. That doesn't make sense to me.

Look, I didn't see a IOTA fanboy claiming that Byteball doesn't work per se. But when you claim that IOTA is a scam, the IOTA supporters have a problem with that, which is kind of a natural reaction no?
SteveoMB

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 03:56:02 PM

You are laughable.

Sorry for your monetary loss.

marked as a noisy annoying clown who's not able to proof his arguments. + a coward. you really went far in life man. congratz

SatoNatomato

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 04:11:23 PM

Your IoT device is not per se using IOTA/Bitcoin or relying on any of its features.

I'm saying that my IoT device can sign IOTA transactions, and can receive IOTA transactions, and can use the whole API.
And you're saying that by doing so, it doesn't use any features of IOTA. That doesn't make sense to me.

Look, I didn't see a IOTA fanboy claiming that Byteball doesn't work per se. But when you claim that IOTA is a scam, the IOTA supporters have a problem with that, which is kind of a natural reaction no?
See you are the only IOTA person who speaks like a normal person, and not hostility threats, condescending, appealing-to-authority, ridiculing and avoidance of difficult questions.

Thank you, I appreciate it.

Now back to topic, you see why I claim IOTA doesnt work - because for a very simple question which even you can answer, the leadership acted very very hostile, so they have something to hide, and digging deeper I found issues all over the place, so even if your IoT but-not-quite-yet-asic-on-chip device can do IOTA transactions those transactions can be double spent - my questions above still remain.

SteveoMB

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 04:21:40 PM

See you are the only IOTA person who speaks like a normal person, and not hostility threats, condescending, appealing-to-authority, ridiculing and avoidance of difficult questions.

Now back to topic, you see why I claim IOTA doesnt work - because for a very simple question which even you can answer, the leadership acted very very hostile, so they have something to hide, and digging deeper I found issues all over the place, so even if your IoT but-not-quite-yet-asic-on-chip device can do IOTA transactions those transactions can be double spent - my questions above still remain.

that's because you sound obsessed! your arguments are factually wrong. so I ask for proof. everyone sees that you don't deliver. not just assumptions, your opinion or a good guess, I'm talking about solid evidence, scientific proof.
Just proof it and everything is fine. that's not too much to ask!?

SatoNatomato

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 04:43:20 PM

that's because you sound obsessed! your arguments are factually wrong. so I ask for proof. everyone sees that you don't deliver. not just assumptions, your opinion or a good guess, I'm talking about solid evidence, scientific proof.
Any proof I would give you, you could claim is not good enough or not a real proof. You challenge me to an impossible task.

What is proof? What is knowledge? And you want me to "give the proof to you".

What if I tell you the claim of other poster "wait for bitcoin tx to be confirmed in hours" requires scientific hard proof? And in fact waiting for bitcoin tx to be confirmed would take hours or even days - despite even Satoshi and all cryptonerds developing, thinking for years, since 2009 - 2012, and they still didnt produce such a proof and a defense against it? But we all know its true. Bitcoin Tx were reliable and confirmed in minutes 2009-2013, are now are unreliable in practice today, in 2017, despite all the cryptography proofs and science and mathematics of 2011.

Im telling you how it is.

If IOTA is as good as you think it is, the all mighty glorious wise visionary of galactic intelligence founders, should be able to show you a link to the whitepaper page saying "This is the proof that a DAG with PoW  and IoT works together and is wonderful, fulfilling these criteria".

In fact, they should be able to link to a FAQ or forum post, if I am asking so ridiculously simple questions.

But they dont. Because they are not super-human, they are simple minds who made mistakes or willingly make them to earn cash.

DAG and PoW together do not mix, PoW and IoT are oxymoron.
Andri.Ghani

Activity: 518

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 04:49:47 PM

I have not heard the latest bounty of iota and how now to development?
domsch

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 05:02:40 PM

I rarely go on here, but let me provide some more information that are relevant to your concerns.

I absolutely understand that a system as radically new as IOTA, especially with the properties that we advertise, raises a lot of questions and concerns. I agree that so far we have done a bad job at writing better technical specs, blog posts on how IOTA actually works, why it's secure and sybil resistant. But your comments on IOTA being a scam and the core devs running away with the money couldn't be further from the truth, and exactly such subjective and opinionated comments like yours cause anger and frustration to those people that have been working on this project non-stop for the past 18 months.

Therefore, when posting, you have to keep a few things in mind:
  • We did not raise some >$10m like other crypto projects in this space, and deliberately so, simply because for us it was (and still is) of utmost importance to make sure that the tech actually works flawlessly. Because we didn't raise so much money, we had to run a very lean operation when it comes to core development, ecosystem support and general marketing / events push. I would say we have done a pretty good job so far with the resources we had and unlike other projects, we did not waste money on unnecessary expenses (fuck, many of the core members have paid for stuff themselves).
  • We are not on exchanges and have withheld exchanges for the past 3 months. If IOTA were a quick pump and run we would have gone on exchanges, hype the project with nonsensical and false news and then cash out. But as you might know by now, everybody in core is in this for the long run as we see a real need for IOTA in this huge ecosystem that will be the Machine Economy. Before we go on exchanges and expose IOTA to more people, we want to make sure that things are right. In fact our second security review is already close to conclusion. Once we have reached a high enough confidence level we will start working with exchanges on the listing.
  • We are still a small team, and it's difficult to find time to write, blog and socialize. When there's so much work to do in talking with our corporate partners, setting up the foundation, coordinating the development and current Proof of Concepts that we're running, there is little time left for writing blog posts. This year I took some ~45 flights (all paid with my own money FYI) to go to conferences / meetups / meetings, and it's difficult to find the time to write when you're not in the zone. In total, there are currently only some ~5 people who would fit the criteria of being able to write proper blog posts about IOTA, and everyone of them is currently super busy and focused on different tasks. Writing more blog posts about IOTA is high on my todo list and I hope that we can couple these together with more material (such as our stress test, simulations of different attack scenarios and overall technical review).

Now when it comes to security concerns, flaws or attacks: we are always open to hear from you! We are more than happy to work with you to see if it's a confirmed flaw in the protocol and then pay you for reporting this issue (usually we pay some >$10k for serious flaws) - we have already done so for bugs found in the libraries and the wallets (https://medium.com/iotatangle/bug-bounty-earn-iotas-testing-57e048835d44#.pigpfrogb). If you want to be taken serious by the community, I suggest you to go this route. Feel free to reach out to me.

SteveoMB

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 05:07:17 PM

Any proof I would give you, you could claim is not good enough or not a real proof. You challenge me to an impossible task.

What is proof? What is knowledge? And you want me to "give the proof to you".

What if I tell you the claim of other poster "wait for bitcoin tx to be confirmed in hours" requires scientific hard proof? And in fact waiting for bitcoin tx to be confirmed would take hours or even days - despite even Satoshi and all cryptonerds developing, thinking for years, since 2009 - 2012, and they still didnt produce such a proof and a defense against it? But we all know its true. Bitcoin Tx were reliable and confirmed in minutes 2009-2013, are now are unreliable in practice today, in 2017, despite all the cryptography proofs and science and mathematics of 2011.

Im telling you how it is.

If IOTA is as good as you think it is, the all mighty glorious wise visionary of galactic intelligence founders, should be able to show you a link to the whitepaper page saying "This is the proof that a DAG with PoW  and IoT works together and is wonderful, fulfilling these criteria".

In fact, they should be able to link to a FAQ or forum post, if I am asking so ridiculously simple questions.

But they dont. Because they are not super-human, they are simple minds who made mistakes or willingly make them to earn cash.

DAG and PoW together do not mix, PoW and IoT are oxymoron.

*you know scientific proof is a simple matter. you find a scientific paper where this was tested and post it. you can look on google scholar, sciencedirect, reuters, in fact the whole human scientific world is open. so it MUST be possible because otherwise we talk about a new discovery. and afaik PoW isn't that new, because it was invented for email as a spam protection.
your impression that IOTA is slow depends on how many neighbours you have, how many people are actively spamming etc.
peer discovery was shut down, because the network topology will suffer and the network topology and the overall hashrate determine the scalability so the peer discovery was shut off and it led to a slower network because people need to look for neighbors manually. that's not very handy in the beginning but won't matter in the future, when hundreds of spammers are conducting millions of tx every hour, so that lightwallets can be used in an incredible fast network.
this fast network will be protected by the enormous hashrate and wont be vulnerable to DDOS or a sybilattack because it's just too big.
to draw a conclusion: NOW it may seem slow, but in order to guarantee a good network topology, core decided to get rid of peer discovery.
in the end, we are talking about the distributed ledger of machines, devices, NOT people in BTT.
I dont know if that helped, but your points are therefore not an issue caused by an instrinsic flaw of the technology, but are the result of foresight.
now Im not a dev and I make mistakes, but it's my honest opinion that iota will function, and btw does function. it really depends how many people are spamming.

SatoNatomato

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 09:18:19 PM

I rarely go on here, but let me provide some more information that are relevant to your concerns.

I absolutely understand that a system as radically new as IOTA, especially with the properties that we advertise, raises a lot of questions and concerns. I agree that so far we have done a bad job at writing better technical specs, blog posts on how IOTA actually works, why it's secure and sybil resistant. But your comments on IOTA being a scam and the core devs running away with the money couldn't be further from the truth, and exactly such subjective and opinionated comments like yours cause anger and frustration to those people that have been working on this project non-stop for the past 18 months.

• We did not raise some >$10m like other crypto projects in this space, and deliberately so, simply because for us it was (and still is) of utmost importance to make sure that the tech actually works flawlessly. Because we didn't raise so much money, we had to run a very lean operation when it comes to core development, ecosystem support and general marketing / events push. I would say we have done a pretty good job so far with the resources we had and unlike other projects, we did not waste money on unnecessary expenses (fuck, many of the core members have paid for stuff themselves).
  • We are not on exchanges and have withheld exchanges for the past 3 months. If IOTA were a quick pump and run we would have gone on exchanges, hype the project with nonsensical and false news and then cash out. But as you might know by now, everybody in core is in this for the long run as we see a real need for IOTA in this huge ecosystem that will be the Machine Economy. Before we go on exchanges and expose IOTA to more people, we want to make sure that things are right. In fact our second security review is already close to conclusion. Once we have reached a high enough confidence level we will start working with exchanges on the listing.
  • We are still a small team, and it's difficult to find time to write, blog and socialize. When there's so much work to do in talking with our corporate partners, setting up the foundation, coordinating the development and current Proof of Concepts that we're running, there is little time left for writing blog posts. This year I took some ~45 flights (all paid with my own money FYI) to go to conferences / meetups / meetings, and it's difficult to find the time to write when you're not in the zone. In total, there are currently only some ~5 people who would fit the criteria of being able to write proper blog posts about IOTA, and everyone of them is currently super busy and focused on different tasks. Writing more blog posts about IOTA is high on my todo list and I hope that we can couple these together with more material (such as our stress test, simulations of different attack scenarios and overall technical review).

Now when it comes to security concerns, flaws or attacks: we are always open to hear from you! We are more than happy to work with you to see if it's a confirmed flaw in the protocol and then pay you for reporting this issue (usually we pay some >$10k for serious flaws) - we have already done so for bugs found in the libraries and the wallets (https://medium.com/iotatangle/bug-bounty-earn-iotas-testing-57e048835d44#.pigpfrogb). If you want to be taken serious by the community, I suggest you to go this route. Feel free to reach out to me.

Well I am glad one more from IOTA is finally talking like a normal human again.

Thank you, sincerely.

Though, so suddenly the different tone leaves me somewhat suspicious. Welcome, but suspicious. Though the default stance of IOTA founders/developers should be to take people seriously, treat with respect newcomers, and only if they harm or become hostile, only then its understandable to deal kicks and bans.

Glad to help and contribute!
Hope the issues raised such as about Proof-of-Work on energy and processing constrained IoT devices are heard and addressed intelligently.

iotatoken

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 11:18:01 AM

Though, so suddenly the different tone leaves me somewhat suspicious. Welcome, but suspicious. Though the default stance of IOTA founders/developers should be to take people seriously, treat with respect newcomers, and only if they harm or become hostile, only then its understandable to deal kicks and bans.

Hope the issues raised such as about Proof-of-Work on energy and processing constrained IoT devices are heard and addressed intelligently.

You can't win with trolls, if you act overly respectful as Dom did here it is "suspicious".

As for the issue re: PoW and IoT devices: it has been addressed since day 1, which is why we find it wasteful to even have to repeat it: IoT devices only have to broadcast their tx, light wallets and future ASIC components (Jinn) solves this issue.

Admiral_Bit

Activity: 448
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 11:50:59 AM

Let me teach you a few things about your project, my retarded litte padawan. Even though IOTA might have been a good idea at first; you are fucking too late. Byteball basically assimilated your whole business plan and left you with a still unfinished product. Time to market is everything and you Sir, royally fucked up.

As for your remark regarding IOTAs altruistic approach to not start with exchange trading. It is correct that you, did not allow IOTA to be traded on any exchanges. But at the same time you started to sell your own token via OTC. You scammed a whole lot of investors who are basically bagholding token which will never be used in a real life Environment.

Let me remind you of all the things you promised and haven´t been delivered as of now:

- IOTA BIG DEAL
- The asian Investors
- An actually usable client

Just go to hell....
SatoNatomato

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 12:24:54 PM

You can't win with trolls, if you act overly respectful as Dom did here it is "suspicious".

As for the issue re: PoW and IoT devices: it has been addressed since day 1, which is why we find it wasteful to even have to repeat it: IoT devices only have to broadcast their tx, light wallets and future ASIC components (Jinn) solves this issue.
I am not a troll. You do not have to win anything, in fact, if you want Ill give you the win. Here is a win, take it. You win.

Suspicious, because domsch sounds like Dominik S whom Ive attempted to talk with before and was met with hostility.
Fragbait

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 09:55:18 PM

Let me teach you a few things about your project, my retarded litte padawan. Even though IOTA might have been a good idea at first; you are fucking too late. Byteball basically assimilated your whole business plan and left you with a still unfinished product. Time to market is everything and you Sir, royally fucked up.

I don't think IOTA's business plan was to charge transaction fees. Try again?
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: