Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 02:06:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Linux mining distro for the Raspberry PI - MinePeon  (Read 684869 times)
ct1aic

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Are ฿itcoins Radioactive?

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2013, 04:07:06 PM
Last edit: August 07, 2013, 08:16:51 PM by ct1aic

Did you make or bought the power cables from PSU to the HUB's? I'm also using one of those 10 ports HUB (with 9 USB Gizmos), with a Velleman multivolt, that gives 7,5 Amperes @ 5 volts.
Originally I ordered some 2.1mm connectors but they haven't arrived, being impatient I cut the 5V lines out of the molex connectors of the atx psu (bottom of pic) and soldered the 5V wires straight to the hub.. and plugged the fans into the molex (which now only has 12V lines).

ATX PSU has 28A @ 5V  4X 20A @ 12V (Reserved for K16`s)
Your idea is great... i "invented" a cable, but I'm connecting the 10 ports HUB to the HD molex cable and 2 or 3 of the Gizmos were in error... perhaps not enaph current... Better to connect again to the Velleman 7,5 amperes PU.

Rui Costa, PortugalBTC : 1ct1aicGoUVpZeovsw3cCcPJZJHV5JXtW
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cardcomm

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 05:38:26 PM
Last edit: August 07, 2013, 05:55:40 PM by cardcomm

Notes on the dispay : If LSDStats is killed in anyway e.g. Pi reset, It sits there with the last stats displayed. Looks pretty but not very helpful. Would be better if it would just go blank or display an error. I don't think it is possible to get around this due to the way it works. Otherwise its pretty cool...
I use -d 2 and thus the clock ticks over every 2 or 3 seconds so I know it's working Smiley

There is no problem hitting the API every 2 seconds (I have a bunch of scripts that hit each of my cgminers every 2 seconds)

That's good to know. My Pi isn't exactly loaded with hashing devices, so I'm not able to test the CPU load in a realistic way with faster API requests. Maybe I should update the default delay down to 1 or 2 seconds to support the clock display? Either that, or truncate the seconds... lol

Easily see your cgminer status with my cgminerLCDStats app:  http://cardcomm.github.io/cgminerLCDStats/
Did my post help you or make you laugh? Let me know with Bitcoins at: 1CQfpMHQ5zVuZ5i9uxSHSSx4J8ZhehSjn3  Smiley
cardcomm

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 05:48:28 PM

I'm doing a git pull every day.

That may be your issue, that code is a bit buggy at the moment as I am getting ready for a release this weekend.  

Neil

Not to forget, never change a running system!

maybe cardcomm can update his install guide to shut the system down first...am not sure how to do this yet.

Notes on the dispay : If LSDStats is killed in anyway e.g. Pi reset, It sits there with the last stats displayed. Looks pretty but not very helpful. Would be better if it would just go blank or display an error. I don't think it is possible to get around this due to the way it works. Otherwise its pretty cool...

Good point, I'll try and update the tutorial a bit to take into consideration those that already have an up and running system. Actually, I think you wouldn't have to shut anything down, most likely. You could probably just jump into the tutorial beginning at the "Install pyUSB library" step.

Easily see your cgminer status with my cgminerLCDStats app:  http://cardcomm.github.io/cgminerLCDStats/
Did my post help you or make you laugh? Let me know with Bitcoins at: 1CQfpMHQ5zVuZ5i9uxSHSSx4J8ZhehSjn3  Smiley
BG4
Legendary

Activity: 1006
Merit: 1024

PaperSafe

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 06:21:24 PM

I use -d 2 and thus the clock ticks over every 2 or 3 seconds so I know it's working Smiley

There is no problem hitting the API every 2 seconds (I have a bunch of scripts that hit each of my cgminers every 2 seconds)

As for what's on the screen if it stops ... well that's simply what was last on the screen - yes.
If it gets an error talking to the API, cardcomm has it display a red message that's pretty obvious Smiley
If the python itself crashes, well, yeah you'll see on the screen what was last put there
Putting a message up or blanking would be pointless, rather whatever was trying to do that should instead restart the python.

Thanx Kano, I'll change the refresh rate and I should be able to get the python script to run on reboot. Please don't tell me how, am gonna figure it out, I will get use to this linux stuff soon enough.  Grin
southerngentuk, you can send up to 6 images to LCD's internal memory and pre-program the display to enter into "picture frame mode", when idle for more than x minutes, with the "LCD Sys Info - Images Loader.exe" program that comes with it. If the RPI stops communicating with the LCD, it then knows what to do...

Could the Minepeon logo be loaded into that???
BG4
Legendary

Activity: 1006
Merit: 1024

PaperSafe

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 06:46:24 PM

Did you make or bought the power cables from PSU to the HUB's? I'm also using one of those 10 ports HUB (with 9 USB Gizmos), with a Velleman multivolt, that gives 7,5 Amperes @ 5 volts.
Originally I ordered some 2.1mm connectors but they haven't arrived, being impatient I cut the 5V lines out of the molex connectors of the atx psu (bottom of pic) and soldered the 5V wires straight to the hub.. and plugged the fans into the molex (which now only has 12V lines).

ATX PSU has 28A @ 5V  4X 20A @ 12V (Reserved for K16`s)
Your idea is great... i "nvented" a cable, but I'm connecting the 10 ports HUB to the HD molex cable and 2 or 3 of the Gizmos were in error... perhaps not enaph current... Better to connect again to the Velleman 7,5 amperes PU.

since the issue of power has come up...I found this on ebay and bought a few...they were under 10 dollars...I have it connected to the HD molex 12v lines..
This is powering my Pi.....5V/3A....I had read that sometimes you could get a hard draw of current when you plug something in to the pi and it would reboot...
so I wanted to stop that with some good power....It has run flawless....also with a El-cheap-o  6dollar hub and 7 erupters..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2y4xv1pyrwum770/2013-08-07%2014.35.24.jpg

Edit:...I cant post my pic for some reason...
cardcomm

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 08:40:00 PM

Neil:

For the second consecutive day, at midnight, my pools are replaced by the 3 donation pools and stay there until I force mine @ the pools page. I have donation disabled for several days.

I'm doing a git pull every day.
I think this is the same issue, off memory I think under the pools table it said 'cgminer failed to restart'

I could not force mine and had to reboot.

EDIT: Send any coins to cardcomm`s  address as donation for lcd work please.

Thanks for that. I'm just happy to be doing something that people find useful. But donations never hurt...   lol

Malakai

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2013, 10:15:09 PM

This seems crazy

http://www.adafruit.com/blog/2013/08/07/overclocking-the-block-erupter-usb-bitcoin-miner/

http://www.adafruit.com/adablog/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Block_Erupter-hacking.jpg
BR0KK

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 11:00:57 PM

Saw that too. Its a Frankenminer Smiley

cardcomm

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 11:42:59 PM

Sweet! Gotta love adafruit.

I wanna try that REAL BAD!

southerngentuk

Activity: 1316
Merit: 252

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 11:52:52 PM

this Donation goes to Kano' address.....

Sorry I didn't have time to pick up a new SD card yesterday, so I turned OFF donations!

So it looks like at donation time my PI is resetting? and its reinstating donation time to 5 mins (what I had set it too a few days ago before doing a gitpull) then gets stuck..

Would be nice to have current PI time displayed in the GUI and an option to set the time donation takes place maybe? this only happens after I have opened a bottle of johnnie walker..

whats the state of the git at the moment? I'll reinstall on a new card today should I avoid a gitpull..

Would you like me to send an image of the SD Card..

I'll get back latter to answer other posts as I have a few things to do his morning...

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4452
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 12:06:21 AM

http://s13.postimg.org/fjc7aui13/Minepeon.jpg
Sorry I'm not understanding something here?
... I guess I better look closer in the minepeon code ...
Nope I'm not in there Smiley
... and no there's no problem with that, just when you said that I was thinking "eh?"

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
southerngentuk

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 12:46:02 AM

... and no there's no problem with that, just when you said that I was thinking "eh?"

Not what I meant...I hope its Neils address, If he wishes to send some btc back, I would like him to send it to you as a donation for your contribution...Hope thats OK with you.. Grin

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
MineForeman.com (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 12:51:22 AM

Not what I meant...I hope its Neils address, If he wishes to send some btc back, I would like him to send it to you as a donation for your contribution...Hope thats OK with you.. Grin

Why you stealing my coins Kano?  Tongue .

Actualy one of the thinks I want to do (if I ever get the sodding donate code to work correctly) is maintain a list of developers and worthy organisations so people can donate miner time to them.  I am sort of hoping we can turn into crowd funded employees.

Neil

Bitcoin News http://mineforeman.com/ || MinePeon - Bitcoin mining on the Raspberry PI http://mineforeman.com/minepeon/ || MinePeon Wiki http://minepeon.com/ || MinePeon Forums http://minepeon.com/forums/
southerngentuk

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 12:59:15 AM

Why you stealing my coins Kano?  Tongue .

Actualy one of the thinks I want to do (if I ever get the sodding donate code to work correctly) is maintain a list of developers and worthy organisations so people can donate miner time to them.  I am sort of hoping we can turn into crowd funded employees.

Neil
Neil your not forgotten, you should have been getting some donation time before now, and the next one is yours, after that I really need to keep some for myself.   Grin

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
bzh

Activity: 34

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 01:19:32 AM

does minepeon have raspi-config? how do i expand the root fs?
tinnvec

Activity: 54

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 01:22:46 AM

Those little LCDs are sweet! Anyone know if there's a place that sells them for BTC?

Also, any thoughts on including support for the Adafruit LCD (used in this cool guide) in MinePeon?

EDIT: PiMiner (https://github.com/adafruit/PiMiner) is what is used, just was curious if you planned to include it in the future
bzh

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 01:27:16 AM

Those little LCDs are sweet! Anyone know if there's a place that sells them for BTC?

Also, any thoughts on including support for the Adafruit LCD (used in this cool guide) in MinePeon?

actually this is what i need, albeit with this screen: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=48956

could we have support for FBTFT drivers?
Malakai

Activity: 23

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 01:40:15 AM
Last edit: August 08, 2013, 01:55:00 AM by Malakai

I am not sure if it re-sizes or not. If not this will do it.

Code:
sudo fdisk /dev/mmcblk0

In fdisk,

Press ‘p’ to print the partition table, take note of the number in the Start column of the row starting ‘/dev/mmcblk0p2′
    Press ‘d’ to delete a partition then enter ’2′ to choose the second partition
    Press ‘n’ to create a new partition, all the default options are fine:

Choose ‘primary’ partition type
    Partition number 2
    The starting block should be same number you took note of in step 1 (It should be the default number so press Enter)
    The default ending block should be the last available block on the SD card, this will vary depending on what size SD card you have (Press Enter)

4. Press ‘w’ to write the new partition table and return to the bash prompt

Reboot now to force the kernel to recognize the new partition table.

Code:
sudo reboot

Now you need to resize the file system

Code:
sudo resize2fs /dev/mmcblk0p2

Code:
df -h

Should now show something like:

Code:
[minepeon@minepeon ~]$ df -h
Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/root        15G  1.2G   13G   9% /
devtmpfs        210M     0  210M   0% /dev
tmpfs           218M     0  218M   0% /dev/shm
tmpfs           218M  264K  218M   1% /run
tmpfs           218M     0  218M   0% /sys/fs/cgroup
tmpfs           218M     0  218M   0% /tmp
/dev/mmcblk0p1   94M   24M   71M  26% /boot

MineForeman.com (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 01:48:54 AM

I am not sure if it re-sizes or not. If not this will do it.......

<snip>

Code:
sudo reboot

Yep, that will work to extend the partition.  Then use "sudo resize2fs /dev/mmcblk0p2" to expand the file system.

No raspi-config sorry, that's a rasperian thing and MinePeon went the Arch Linux way for the better USB support.

Neil

Bitcoin News http://mineforeman.com/ || MinePeon - Bitcoin mining on the Raspberry PI http://mineforeman.com/minepeon/ || MinePeon Wiki http://minepeon.com/ || MinePeon Forums http://minepeon.com/forums/
bzh

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 01:49:42 AM

I am not sure if it re-sizes or not. If not this will do it.

Code:
sudo fdisk /dev/mmcblk0

In fdisk,

Press ‘p’ to print the partition table, take note of the number in the Start column of the row starting ‘/dev/mmcblk0p2′
    Press ‘d’ to delete a partition then enter ’2′ to choose the second partition
    Press ‘n’ to create a new partition, all the default options are fine:

Choose ‘primary’ partition type
    Partition number 2
    The starting block should be same number you took note of in step 1 (It should be the default number so press Enter)
    The default ending block should be the last available block on the SD card, this will vary depending on what size SD card you have (Press Enter)

4. Press ‘w’ to write the new partition table and return to the bash prompt

Reboot now to force the kernel to recognize the new partition table.

Code:
sudo reboot

awesome thanks!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 139 »
  Print  

Jump to: