Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:13:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 [168] 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 ... 500 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ION [ION] | POS 3.0 | Mobile Gaming | Join the ionomy today!  (Read 473054 times)
o0o0
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1021

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 04:36:47 AM

the information we have is a one way street with us providing input into the platform and the early access to the platform for testing... Ionomy operates on a policy that they do not release the dates of their milestones

That's not what you've said before though. So you're now saying that you don't have access to the secret awesome business plan?

https://archive.is/dSAR6#selection-5939.0-5943.3

He pretty much changes his tune where it suits him. He's vocal to encourage more to do what he wants to suit his business plan i.e. selling. I'd like to hear his response since that is what he typed... did he not say that? Its there in an archive capture.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
korvas128

Activity: 1248
Merit: 583

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 05:46:19 AM

so my statement is still true and valid: The definition of insider trading is "trading a public company's stock or other securities (such as bonds or stock options)", IONs, Electrons or Atoms are neither of these!

Doesn't follow. The definition of a security is far wider that that. Read up or talk to someone who knows these things.

so my statement is still true and valid: The definition of insider trading is "trading a public company's stock or other securities (such as bonds or stock options)", IONs, Electrons or Atoms are neither of these!

... or you could just be a parrot if that makes you feel better Roll Eyes

Ionomy is lucky to have you sharkie.

Compared to you yes they are

Ionomy V3 for Wallets - Masternodes - Trading - Games
https://ionomy.com/en/aff/46cbe5fa1d262e23665191a7c7864072

For the few TROLLS left some inconvenient statements of FACT
https://news.ionomy.com/just-to-be-clear/
CryptoBuds
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1042

HODL

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 08:02:29 AM

I think wildshark believes if he says he hasn't conducted any insider trading it makes it true, if the SEC catches on it's ok, they just fudding as well

I don't think the SEC has jurisdiction over a Singapore business? lol

So the team set up the business in Singapore to skate all these types of illegalities? Seems like it based on your response above. At least it's what you think is possible.

Eh, they're in Singapore...everything a legal!

korvas128

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 09:42:00 AM

No, I do not agree and I'm having problems following what you are doing here. How about this: instead of changing words colors or changing the text of what I wrote, you form your own thoughts and words? The way you do it, in traditional ION fashion, makes it impossible to follow.

Sharks, whales, founders or whatever other animal ION makes up is my a good way to solicit ideas. It's a good way to create elitism though. What qualifies a person that can afford to buy a bunch of trinkets to provide proper platform input? There are no other qualification needed to buy Atoms other than having he money to do so.

You think this is better than providing actual BTC for bounties and having the greater crypto world potentially contribute? Please explain.

No remember, use your own words and thoughts so this can be followed like a traditional discussion. No changing colors or deleting and inserting your own words.

Thanks.

My experience is the whales hangout is it's another tool for ION to gather market intelligence and discuss different scenarios. For instance at the last hangout they wanted our thoughts on the delay to gravity and discussed different options :

To fill a delay gap create a demo
Ignore possible API vulnerabilities whilst working on bug fixes let the game go out for testing
Have a little more time to add some more polish

The feedback was forget the demo,strengthen the API and use the time to add a little more polish. The whales are from totally different backgrounds. The only thing we have in common is a vested interest for ionomy to succeed

You think this is better than providing actual BTC for bounties and having the greater crypto world potentially contribute? Please explain.

I see your point, a good question. Maybe it would be a better option i.e. 70/30 split in favor of BTC then as ION begins to increase in value the split is reduced weighted more towards ION 

Dunno about anyone else but I appreciate that kind of feedback so thanks for sharing your thoughts

Anytime. I just feel the team should use some of that BTC (well, now fiat) to move the platform along. There shouldn't be 2+ month delays for releases when they ha e 300+ BTC (equivalent) in the bank. If they truly believe in the platform, which every supporter claims they are, then using some of that BTC shouldn't stress them at all.

The fact hey refuse to touch those funds has me concerned. If they aren't going to use those funds for development and providing value to the Ionomy platform, what are those funds for? There was a nefarious scenario laid out above and I can see some validity to it.

But first and foremost the ION team needs to open up to the greater crypto world and stop trying to do everything themselves in heir little walled garden. This is a crypto project (at least I think it is), open source, meant to eat I out from the entire crypto world. So far that are only taking input from people who paid a lot of money to do so.

Id like to see them stop with creating different levels of elitism and use the funds raised to further the project. And of course provide proof that said funds are used for said purpose.

If they were willing to do this if be willing to invest. But I don't see them using the ICO funds to build the platform. I see them trying to do t as cheaply as possible, even if it takes a year per game, so they can save the ICO funds for themselves.

Anytime. I just feel the team should use some of that BTC (well, now fiat) to move the platform along. There shouldn't be 2+ month delays for releases when they ha e 300+ BTC (equivalent) in the bank. If they truly believe in the platform, which every supporter claims they are, then using some of that BTC shouldn't stress them at all.

The fact hey refuse to touch those funds has me concerned. If they aren't going to use those funds for development and providing value to the Ionomy platform, what are those funds for? There was a nefarious scenario laid out above and I can see some validity to it.

Good point, one of the things I picked up on during the whale hangout was ION have a business plan that stretches out in years not months so that war chest isn't just for Gravity or API development it's for other stuff too. That other stuff would be pure speculation from me so not worth adding to discussion. For me it was good to see a small developer with a big budget resisting the urge to blow it..... small developer + big budget = dangerous combination. This frugal mentality is a good thing as they are at the beginning of a journey and are provisioning for the long road ahead. 

But first and foremost the ION team needs to open up to the greater crypto world and stop trying to do everything themselves in heir little walled garden. This is a crypto project (at least I think it is), open source, meant to eat I out from the entire crypto world. So far that are only taking input from people who paid a lot of money to do so.

I agree but understand this is crypto. As I write this not only am trying to have a discussion with you I'm also aware that anybody could be reading this with a totally different agenda looking to twist whatever you or I say for there own reasons. For me this makes communication a slow process so can you imagine what it's like for ION. I'm just a small investor in ION and I have to use disclaimers like Everything I say, discuss or imply within the Bitcoin forum is without legal prejudice and represents only my opinion.... what a f**king joke but that's crypto for you  Grin so I think you need walls

Id like to see them stop with creating different levels of elitism and use the funds raised to further the project. And of course provide proof that said funds are used for said purpose.

Your referring to the member,founder,whales tiers. It is a wall but it's not a wall of money or elitism it's a wall of intent. Wild and myself are whales, ask us questions and you'll get a different answers but know that the one thing we have in common is the  Ionomy vision and to help support the implementation of their business plan. For whales to survive they need an eco system something  you'll never have if you screw people over for small short term gain.

If they were willing to do this if be willing to invest. But I don't see them using the ICO funds to build the platform. I see them trying to do t as cheaply as possible, even if it takes a year per game, so they can save the ICO funds for themselves.

That's fine in Crypto you have to start with the position that everything you hear or told is a lie, Delivery is the key use that as a measure and if it all turns to shit you made a good call but if it doesn't ..... it's your call

korvas128

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 09:47:14 AM

re: the company existing or not.

Why are you ok with a guy from Texas "running" a company "in singapore" anyway?

Good point where are you from ?

korvas128

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 10:31:07 AM

I think wildshark believes if he says he hasn't conducted any insider trading it makes it true, if the SEC catches on it's ok, they just fudding as well

So the team set up the business in Singapore to skate all these types of illegalities? Seems like it based on your response above. At least it's what you think is possible.

No the team is set up in Singapore to reduce the burden of bureaucracy. Imagine having a discussion but before you were able to get to the thing you wanted clarification on you had to start with explaining what a bitcoin is then build up from there.

Being based in Singapore will help ensure that when parts of the world catch up with crypto they'll have naturally adopted good business practices... do some digging around and you'll see they are not the only ones based in that region. It's because they do give a shit about the law they are based in Singapore.

If they didn't they would be based somewhere like the Cayman Islands.   

o0o0
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1021

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 10:51:03 AM
Last edit: September 10, 2016, 11:03:41 AM by o0o0

No the team is set up in Singapore to reduce the burden of bureaucracy. Imagine having a discussion but before you were able to get to the thing you wanted clarification on you had to start with explaining what a bitcoin is then build up from there.

Being based in Singapore will help ensure that when parts of the world catch up with crypto they'll have naturally adopted good business practices... do some digging around and you'll see they are not the only ones based in that region. It's because they do give a shit about the law they are based in Singapore.

Wasn't there issues with the singapore business registration from official pages on the business time registration?(ie them saying they were registered when they werent and they did it later?) Its also a red flag that they are considering regulations zones before actual implementation. Does this mean that what they intend to do is illegal or not warranted in their country of origin that they have to seek outside registration to complete their goal? To me it seems a way to side step and cover their arse.

Ionomy never explained why they incorporated in singapore over other sites. One has to question why they did that when plenty of successful cryptocurrency operations run on home soil.
Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 11:39:16 AM

Why does that matter? I'm not the one saying that I'm in Singapore to avoid the laws that exist where I actually am and where users are.
korvas128

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 12:09:48 PM

Why does that matter? I'm not the one saying that I'm in Singapore to avoid the laws that exist where I actually am and where users are.

Just wondering........ I'm just thinking of setting up in business and would like to know what part of the world I should move too for you to have the peace of mind knowing that any investment you make would be in safe hands.

Phildo
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 12:29:23 PM

Just wondering........ I'm just thinking of setting up in business and would like to know what part of the world I should move too for you to have the peace of mind knowing that any investment you make would be in safe hands.

Set it up wherever you want. You thinking this is a good investment makes the odds of me investing in your company very close to zero.

I just question why you guys are so happy that a guy in Texas claimed to set up a company in Singapore to avoid "bureaucracy," then don't seem to care whether or not it's actually set up. Especially when it doesn't really matter. The SEC will go after you for offering securities to US citizens no matter where you are or where you claim to be, or if you claim they aren't securities.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2016, 01:09:05 PM
Last edit: November 29, 2020, 02:02:24 AM by suchmoon

Wasn't there issues with the singapore business registration from official pages on the business time registration?(ie them saying they were registered when they werent and they did it later?)

They haven't done it yet. You can't find Ionomy PTE in Singapore. Unless of course https://www.bizfile.gov.sg/ is fudding and deliberately hiding the data  Roll Eyes

Graval PTE (the one they claimed to be renaming to Ionomy PTE) still exists but its compliance rating is a red "x" (maybe that means "very good" in Singapore).

Edited 2020-11-29 to fix a broken image
korvas128

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 01:19:07 PM

Set it up wherever you want. You thinking this is a good investment makes the odds of me investing in your company very close to zero.

I just question why you guys are so happy that a guy in Texas claimed to set up a company in Singapore to avoid "bureaucracy," then don't seem to care whether or not it's actually set up. Especially when it doesn't really matter. The SEC will go after you for offering securities to US citizens no matter where you are or where you claim to be, or if you claim they aren't securities.

Joke question = Joke answer   

The world has changed it no longer matters where you live what matters more is your connection to it

Phildo
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 01:25:51 PM

The world has changed it no longer matters where you live what matters more is your connection to it

If that's the case why did they claim to be in Singapore? Why aren't they after they claimed that? What is the benefit to you as a user/team member to the company being/claiming to be in Singapore? Claiming to be set up in Singapore when you know no one is actually in Singapore, AND being unable/unwilling to prove it look like 2 (more) giant red flags to me, but what do I know? I wasn't smart enough to lose six figures to an obvious scam, so I probably just wouldn't get it.
korvas128

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 01:31:20 PM

Wasn't there issues with the singapore business registration from official pages on the business time registration?(ie them saying they were registered when they werent and they did it later?) Its also a red flag that they are considering regulations zones before actual implementation. Does this mean that what they intend to do is illegal or not warranted in their country of origin that they have to seek outside registration to complete their goal? To me it seems a way to side step and cover their arse.

Ionomy never explained why they incorporated in singapore over other sites. One has to question why they did that when plenty of successful cryptocurrency operations run on home soil.

Don't know. But what I do know is the place you want to setup an office and try to side side the law is definitely not Singapore.  If you want to side side the law I would suggest somewhere else like maybe Dubai   

Phildo
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 01:40:31 PM

And some reading for mr. shark.

Here is a story of the end of a company called btc.co

http://www.coindesk.com/sec-bitcoin-exchange-60000-securities-violations/

LinkedIn says Ethan Burnside is in Canada, btc.co was registered in Belize, guess how many fucks the SEC gave when they shut it down?

Good luck with your allegedly Singapore based company.
korvas128

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 02:24:58 PM

If that's the case why did they claim to be in Singapore? Why aren't they after they claimed that? What is the benefit to you as a user/team member to the company being/claiming to be in Singapore? Claiming to be set up in Singapore when you know no one is actually in Singapore, AND being unable/unwilling to prove it look like 2 (more) giant red flags to me, but what do I know? I wasn't smart enough to lose six figures to an obvious scam, so I probably just wouldn't get it.

If you have to ask these questions then Crypto is not for you. If you take the time to look into any crypto company in the level of detail you want you'll see a sea of red flags. Over time more flags appear some disappear and sometimes flags appear exponentially i.e. Cointerria.   

As an investor I've given a reason why being based in Singapore is a good thing you tell me why it's not. ION are just finding their feet unfortunately bureaucracy isn't a US thing it's global.

Phildo
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 02:35:59 PM

If you have to ask these questions then Crypto is not for you. If you take the time to look into any crypto company in the level of detail you want you'll see a sea of red flags. Over time more flags appear some disappear and sometimes flags appear exponentially i.e. Cointerria.   

As an investor I've given a reason why being based in Singapore is a good thing you tell me why it's not. ION are just finding their feet unfortunately bureaucracy isn't a US thing it's global.

those red flags in gaw like claiming things that were impossible, having absolutely zero transparency, and having plans that didn't make a lick of sense sure worked out for everyone there. I'm sure everything here will be just fine.

But you are right, I guess that's why I haven't lost any money in crypto.

I must have missed something, so how exactly does avoiding bureaucracy by claiming to be in singapore help you?
korvas128

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 02:38:55 PM

Wasn't there issues with the singapore business registration from official pages on the business time registration?(ie them saying they were registered when they werent and they did it later?)

They haven't done it yet. You can't find Ionomy PTE in Singapore. Unless of course https://www.bizfile.gov.sg/ is fudding and deliberately hiding the data  Roll Eyes

Graval PTE (the one they claimed to be renaming to Ionomy PTE) still exists but its compliance rating is a red "x" (maybe that means "very good" in Singapore).

No disrespect but the problem with people like you is that by the time enough red flags in an opportunity have disappeared i.e. Bitcoin. The opportunity has sailed away and your left watching the world go by. You need to add intent and delivery to your equation. But remember today we live in a world of people not machines so make sure you have nice people at the helm  Wink

korvas128

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 02:56:02 PM

those red flags in gaw like claiming things that were impossible, having absolutely zero transparency, and having plans that didn't make a lick of sense sure worked out for everyone there. I'm sure everything here will be just fine.

A video conference call with an XPY debit card on the desk making sure you could see it but not talking about it. Going to a bitcoin conference and paying to project the paycoin logo onto a building for all the delegates and world to see then not showing to a heavily publicised event.... I should write a book called 'jump off at Christmas'

B. But you are right, I guess that's why I haven't lost any money in crypto.

I must have missed something, so how exactly does avoiding bureaucracy by claiming to be in singapore help you?[/b]

Sorry you can join the dots on that one I just don't care

korvas128

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 03:06:21 PM

A video conference call with an XPY debit card on the desk making sure you could see it but not talking about it. Going to a bitcoin conference and paying to project the paycoin logo onto a building for all the delegates and world to see then not showing to a heavily publicised event.... I should write a book called 'jump off at Christmas'

I must have missed something, so how exactly does avoiding bureaucracy by claiming to be in singapore help you?[/b]

Sorry for the double post for me not the easiest of forum software to use  Angry

I must have missed something, so how exactly does avoiding bureaucracy by claiming to be in singapore help you?

Pages: « 1 ... 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 [168] 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 ... 500 »
  Print  

Jump to: