Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:32:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 [156] 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 ... 500 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ION [ION] | POS 3.0 | Mobile Gaming | Join the ionomy today!  (Read 473054 times)
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2016, 04:50:44 PM

But stakers we 100% a part of the games? Well, Gravity at least.

Question: does it have to be stakers? It should work with QT staking wallets as well, to be fair to all. What more does a staker or staking wallet do beyond mint coins?

Stakers on ionomy.com got nothing to do with actual staking (POS). Those are just PNGs like hashlets/hashstakers. You can tell that by the fact that they have different APRs depending on certain conditions. Actual ION staking is constant and is not even APR-based but a fixed reward per block.

Which is where the electrons come in AFAIK. They make your stakers stake more. That's why it doesn't work with your QT wallet. It's just a thing you add to your PNG to make it shit out more coins from the team's masternodes or the premine or wherever those coins are coming from.

So the game doesn't need to be connected to the blockchain, it just deals in non-crypto tokens, that can be used on a certain website. The whole spiel about making crypto easy to use etc is just a smokescreen IMHO. They could do the same thing with coupons or points or whatever.

Anyway, that's my take on it. I'm not a whale but on the other hand my speculation didn't cost you a bottle of scotch.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CryptoBuds
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1042

HODL

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 04:57:29 PM

Not thrilled about the fact that normal QT wallets won't qualify. By creating a need for Ionomy stakers to be used is just further centralizing this coin. It seems the goal is for Ionomy to control ALL the coins in the wild?

Not sure why you would develop a game and it not be compatible with the QT wallet. Not everyone wants to keep their coins online and locked up at that. I don't keep any coins in an online wallet. Paper wallet or QT for me.

About making Crypo easier...this is making it more difficult. If I have a QT wallet and want to benefit from these games, I need to first transfer my coins and lock them in a staker. Then I can play said game but all my coins are now locked away for an extended period of time.

They are trying to control too much for my liking.

CryptoBuds
Legendary

HODL

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 05:00:47 PM

Hey WildShark, honest question about the game development process above. I'll repeat it here and I appologize for the past couple of off topic rants. Here we go:

Are the games 1 and done or will they be updated with new levels and bug fixes? If they will be updating and improving, what is their plan to handle that work load? As each game is released, the work goes up a bunch where more devs would be needed. Do they have this elastic capability? I'm genuinely interested in he game portion of the project, especially the development process.

The coin, not so much. I'm not convinced it was needed. If the platform is the focus, as they keep saying, why not build the platform for another already established coin? Why not build it for DASH or Blackcoin, which they cloned from? It seems they wanted control of a very large premine, only reasoning I can come up with. I understand it would be a bit more difficult in he dev process having to interact with other coins devs, but DASH is quite established and the platform, if it comes out as they say, would really put DASH on the map. Gamers would love the privacy DASH provides as well as he quick transactions from the masternodes. I'm just still confused as he need for the coin. Was it just to make XPY bag holders whole again?

Anyway, legit questions asked civilly. Any chance we could have a discussion about these points? Anyone?

Last Hint - stakering only on the Ionomy platform.... I've up it to U now owe me a GOOD bottle of scotch and you have to share a couple of shots of it with me...

I can give you a hint that the implementation of the Ionomy games does not use current Crypto currency to conform with the TOS of the platforms it is being released on. The use of Ionomy staker function also has a role in the funding of the games. These requirements excluded DASH from being a candidate for the Ionomy games... I also believe that an additional funding from an ICO was required to have funds available for development of the Ionomy vision...

Thanks for the reply!

I'm just gonna hash out some thoughts here. I don't quite understand how stakers will work with games if cryptocurrency won't be used. Do said stakers do more than just mint coins? Unless they use the fact that a staker minted a coin to trigger some other feature. But the game would at the very least need to be connected to the blockchain, in some form at least, no?

My understanding was that Atoms and Electrons were there big players in the game.  Is this still the case?  But those aren't part of the coin.

So what I gather is they just needed funds for their vision. And this is completely fine. Just wish they would be more transparent about it. That and a POS coin instead of POW.

Thanks again for a civil discussion. We can do this!

Your on the right track with the use of Atoms and Electrons but there is more on how the "ION" plays into this vision...

Thanks for turning this discussion around to a civilized trade of information... You are going to have to buy me a couple of beers or a GOOD bottle of scotch before I will tell you all the details Lips sealed

Question: does it have to be stakers? It should work with QT staking wallets as well, to be fair to all. What more does a staker or staking wallet do beyond mint coins?

Last Hint - it has to do with only stakers on Ionomy platform... I now have up your fee to a GOOD bottle of scotch and you have to do a couple of shots of it with me... The scotch must be older than either one of us!!!!

So it is really not a staking feature, it is an Ionomy.com feature that they attached to staking. They could attach said feature to anything, doesn't need to be stakers.

What about the folks that like to keep their coins to themselves or don't want to lock them in stakers? Since the team will be locking away all these coins, do they ever plan on being transparent? This won't take off if they require people to lock their coins away on Ionomy.com and not provide any sort of transparency. May work with the trusting crew they have now but won't fly with a lot of new blood.

What is their plan regarding transparency? Is it alway going to be a pay to know more scenario?

suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2016, 05:09:21 PM

Not thrilled about the fact that normal QT wallets won't qualify. By creating a need for Ionomy stakers to be used is just further centralizing this coin. It seems the goal is for Ionomy to control ALL the coins in the wild?

Not sure why you would develop a game and it not be compatible with the QT wallet. Not everyone wants to keep their coins online and locked up at that. I don't keep any coins in an online wallet. Paper wallet or QT for me.

About making Crypo easier...this is making it more difficult. If I have a QT wallet and want to benefit from these games, I need to first transfer my coins and lock them in a staker. Then I can play said game but all my coins are now locked away for an extended period of time.

They are trying to control too much for my liking.

That was Garza's plan with XPY - have customers lock their coins in so he could dump his without "competition", while keeping it all off-chain and commingled on one big pot. I don't see much difference here, especially considering stupid inflation rates (100%+ in the first year) that serve no reasonable purpose. The coin is already down 50% since the ICO despite sharkie's valiant pumping so clearly either the premine is being dumped or it can't sustain its own inflation or both.
CryptoBuds
Legendary

HODL

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 05:45:18 PM

I gotta take this time to laugh. Stopped into Slack and saw ion-krumz stating that if I had a MN that I need to provide proof. Yes, ion-krumz is part of the ION team. The same team that literally laughs at people that want them to provide proof. Hypocrite much.

Krumz, you have the address for he Genesis block. Why don't you trace all the coins yourself to find out my MN address. That is what we were told to do by WildShark when we asked for proof.

but I gotta keep laughing. The non transparent Ionomy demanding proof from their customers.

@suchmoon, the game plan appears to be very, very similar to the XPY "plan" for sure.

rdewilde

Activity: 925
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 05:48:38 PM

Here are some images posted on slack of Gravity.
The images are not impressive at all. Not sure about the game play though. But these images don't interest me that much.  For all of the delays, I'd expect much better and rich graphics and game levels. This reminds me of Donkey Kong.

They are trying, I'll give them that much. Well, at least it appears something is being produced.

https://imgur.com/a/ONDW6

Not sure how to make them visible here. Maybe someone else can?

I think you nailed it, except for the donkey kong. It's just an extensive proof of concept imho. It can eventually grow over time, but it won't bring us Pokemon Go v2. I think you have to adjust expectations if so.

In context of this topic, where 100 pages where about this project being a scam, I think we are making positive progress. One step at a time.

And yes, I would like to see things go live. I dont even care about a few bugs.

Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 05:55:40 PM

Here are some images posted on slack of Gravity.
The images are not impressive at all. Not sure about the game play though. But these images don't interest me that much.  For all of the delays, I'd expect much better and rich graphics and game levels. This reminds me of Donkey Kong.

They are trying, I'll give them that much. Well, at least it appears something is being produced.

https://imgur.com/a/ONDW6

Not sure how to make them visible here. Maybe someone else can?

I think you nailed it, except for the donkey kong. It's just an extensive proof of concept imho. It can eventually grow over time, but it won't bring us Pokemon Go v2. I think you have to adjust expectations if so.

In context of this topic, where 100 pages where about this project being a scam, I think we are making positive progress. One step at a time.

And yes, I would like to see things go live. I dont even care about a few bugs.

Why are you claiming that there are 100 pages saying it's a scam? There are lots of pages saying it's a horrible investment if it isn't a scam.  And some of them are the same people that warned about a previous horrible investment that turned out to be a scam.
rdewilde

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 05:56:52 PM

48hr VOLUME on Ionomy exchange is 9.5+BTC

IONs are being bought... Thanks to the Ionomy investors/community...

So instead of fixing the damn number ionomists now have sharkie trying to bend reality:

I believe my number is not bending reality and reflects that IONs are moving at the Ionomy exchange...

Today, the new volume is 6.4+BTC on the Ionomy exchange... ION investors are doing more buying than selling...

Who fucking cares really, no offense

CryptoBuds
Legendary

HODL

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 06:01:39 PM

48hr VOLUME on Ionomy exchange is 9.5+BTC

IONs are being bought... Thanks to the Ionomy investors/community...

So instead of fixing the damn number ionomists now have sharkie trying to bend reality:

I believe my number is not bending reality and reflects that IONs are moving at the Ionomy exchange...

Today, the new volume is 6.4+BTC on the Ionomy exchange... ION investors are doing more buying than selling...

Who fucking cares really, no offense

I think he just does it for the lulz. But it really serves no purpose, especially if he calculations are wrong. It is actually just bringing to light incompetence or errors by the team. Not quite the promotion I would go for, but to each their own.

rdewilde

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 06:02:34 PM

Stakers on ionomy.com got nothing to do with actual staking (POS). Those are just PNGs like hashlets/hashstakers. You can tell that by the fact that they have different APRs depending on certain conditions. Actual ION staking is constant and is not even APR-based but a fixed reward per block.

Which is where the electrons come in AFAIK. They make your stakers stake more. That's why it doesn't work with your QT wallet. It's just a thing you add to your PNG to make it shit out more coins from the team's masternodes or the premine or wherever those coins are coming from.

So the game doesn't need to be connected to the blockchain, it just deals in non-crypto tokens, that can be used on a certain website. The whole spiel about making crypto easy to use etc is just a smokescreen IMHO. They could do the same thing with coupons or points or whatever.

Anyway, that's my take on it. I'm not a whale but on the other hand my speculation didn't cost you a bottle of scotch.

Exactly, and to answer your question how to comply with Play Store TOS, there it is ;-) ^

suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2016, 06:44:35 PM

Exactly, and to answer your question how to comply with Play Store TOS, there it is ;-) ^

If that's the case then it's not a very bright plan, is it?

Let's say even if it was a hugely popular game, like PVZ or COC, how many players would really bother getting those electrons, register on some site, where they would have to buy some odd crypto currency, lock it up for months, so that they could redeem electrons to get 25% more currency that depreciates 50% in 3 months?

Why not just sell in-game content or ads and pay the profit out as dividend to investors. No hassle for users. And if they think their convoluted electron scheme will somehow allow them to step around the various alphabet agencies I think they're in for a rude awakening.
rdewilde

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 10:03:28 PM

If that's the case then it's not a very bright plan, is it?

Let's say even if it was a hugely popular game, like PVZ or COC, how many players would really bother getting those electrons, register on some site, where they would have to buy some odd crypto currency, lock it up for months, so that they could redeem electrons to get 25% more currency that depreciates 50% in 3 months?

Why not just sell in-game content or ads and pay the profit out as dividend to investors. No hassle for users. And if they think their convoluted electron scheme will somehow allow them to step around the various alphabet agencies I think they're in for a rude awakening.

Not? I think that is exactly how it would/could work. You dont have to buy electrons, it is optional, probably using google pay or whatever. It is very common to buy ingame these days. You can buy all kind of stuff, also credits like farmbucks (farmville) or "gold coins" etc. I don't see how electrons would be any different?

There have been big exchanges (like https://www.virwox.com) around for a long time where you can buy/sell all kind of game credits. Not crypto money though. I never heard one of these games getting into trouble with regulation on it?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Second_Life#Legal_position_of_the_Linden_Dollar

suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2016, 11:31:17 PM

Not? I think that is exactly how it would/could work. You dont have to buy electrons, it is optional, probably using google pay or whatever. It is very common to buy ingame these days. You can buy all kind of stuff, also credits like farmbucks (farmville) or "gold coins" etc. I don't see how electrons would be any different?

There have been big exchanges (like https://www.virwox.com) around for a long time where you can buy/sell all kind of game credits. Not crypto money though. I never heard one of these games getting into trouble with regulation on it?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Second_Life#Legal_position_of_the_Linden_Dollar

That's my point. Regular in-game purchases in a popular game - fine. Convoluted redemption for electrons - meh, most users wouldn't bother, and if that's the main feature it would likely flop. Even if it somehow succeeds you have to wonder why it needs to be tied to crypto if there is nothing crypto about it. You buy or earn points, you redeem them for something or other, all that is off-chain, what does it have to do with cryptocurrency?

Now as far as regulation is concerned, in the US the SEC has established itself as the agency that investigates cryptocurrency investments for securities fraud. Coincidentally they also regulate crowdfunding. Not to mention FinCEN requirements. I know the elusive ionomy PTE is supposed to make it look like the US law doesn't apply but I doubt that with the principals and many investors residing in the US the agencies would see it that way.

Really the only chance to sneak under the regulatory radar would be for ionomy to remain obscure and irrelevant. They're doing a good job at that so far, I'll give them that.
WildShark

Activity: 1344
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2016, 04:38:13 AM
Last edit: September 01, 2016, 05:36:00 AM by WildShark

The Ionomy games interface thru the Ionomy API not using the block chain. The QT wallet is not designed to use the the Ionomy API

The Ionomy games do not use IONs or need to transfer and lock in staker!!!

Really the only chance to sneak under the regulatory radar would be for ionomy to remain obscure and irrelevant. They're doing a good job at that so far, I'll give them that.

This is wrong too but I did get a good laugh out of it. Ionomy has not release all the details of their Ionomy vision!!!

You will get the details when U share the bottle of scotch or when the game is finally released. You get closer to the Ionomy vision when stated this is not a crypto project!!! The Ionomy vision started to make sense to me after Huey taking 2 hours to explain it to the Whales present at the last hangout.

Keep up the good discussion of Ideas and THINK OUT OF THE CRYPO BOX!!!

"Wild onION" Visit the depot using the following invitation @ http://invite.wildsdepot.com
ION Master Node[10K IONs] + ION Smart Node[500 Atoms] + All ION Staking Wallets = 18 IONs Block Reward for WILD Innovative ION Network ownership (WIN concept)
Plan Details: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1443633.msg50248724#msg50248724
Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 05:51:57 AM

If the games don't use ion how will they make your ion be worth more?

Isn't that the goal? Shouldn't that be the goal?
CryptoBuds
Legendary

HODL

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 10:09:16 AM

It appears that the coin serves no purpose then. It was just used to raise funds to develop games. And the stakers are used to lock people into the platform. Not a big fan of his approach at all. Dishonest in a way.

WildShark

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2016, 10:17:43 AM
Last edit: September 01, 2016, 10:43:12 AM by WildShark

It appears that the coin serves no purpose then. It was just used to raise funds to develop games. And the stakers are used to lock people into the platform. Not a big fan of his approach at all. Dishonest in a way.

The ION coin is used in the Ionomy vision more than ICO. The Ionomy vision when released will show an approach that is not dishonest...

You will get the details when U share the bottle of scotch or when the game is finally released. You get closer to the Ionomy vision when stated this is not a crypto project!!! The Ionomy vision started to make sense to me after Huey taking 2 hours to explain it to the Whales present at the last hangout.

"Wild onION" Visit the depot using the following invitation @ http://invite.wildsdepot.com
ION Master Node[10K IONs] + ION Smart Node[500 Atoms] + All ION Staking Wallets = 18 IONs Block Reward for WILD Innovative ION Network ownership (WIN concept)
Plan Details: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1443633.msg50248724#msg50248724
CryptoBuds
Legendary

HODL

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 10:35:50 AM

Not gonna play the Garza XPY guessing game. If the team isn't gonna present the information after questions were asked and asked with civility, o well. I'd like to see the project succeed but sadly this project feels like a carbon copy of the past XPY project.

Team ION doesn't want to be upfront and transparent. They want to make their XPY bag holders whole and to say "I told you so". Which is fucked up, but so be it.

CryptoBuds
Legendary

HODL

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 10:53:09 AM

Not gonna play the Garza XPY guessing game. If the team isn't gonna present the information after questions were asked and asked with civility, o well. I'd like to see the project succeed but sadly this project feels like a carbon copy of the past XPY project.

Team ION doesn't want to be upfront and transparent. They want to make their XPY bag holders whole and to say "I told you so". Which is fucked up, but so be it.

The Ionomy vision will be become clear soon!!!

What, when they figure it out? Thanks Homero.

WildShark

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2016, 10:57:42 AM
Last edit: September 01, 2016, 11:59:28 AM by WildShark

Nope, nothing close to being like XPY project. You get further away from the Ionomy vision when you compare it to past Crypto projects.

What, when they figure it out? Thanks Homero.

The Ionomy implementation of their vision will be become clear soon!!!

Pages: « 1 ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 [156] 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 ... 500 »
  Print  

Jump to: