Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:59:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 [151] 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 ... 500 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ION [ION] | POS 3.0 | Mobile Gaming | Join the ionomy today!  (Read 473054 times)
Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 04:06:43 PM

WildShark stated that ION is not a crypto project. I repeat, ION is confirmed by WildShark to not be a crypto project.

Invest with EXTREME caution as ZERO transparency is now the game. They converted to cash which is now untraceable or verifiable.

So selling the recieved btc for mid 700s in price was a bad move and illegal for the team to do as it makes it a non crypto project? I mean circle lets me hold my balance in usd? Does that mean i dont use/dislike crypto? Seems to me that was a wise decision as they gained value to benefit the project,as any smart business would do?

It's a risky move to do behind the scenes. What if it went the opposite way and they lost hundreds of dollars per Bitcoin cause the held it in cash?

I don't like it cause now they can't be transparent. You can't see how they are spending said cash. No accountability now. That cash now cannot be tracked. Crypto was made for transparency and accountability and they just took that aspect it of their project. I don't like it and it's just my opinion.

While i value your opinion, The same could be said for other ICO too and nobody is in those threads asking those questions? Take LISK for example,raised (dont quote me as I dont follow it to close) 5-6 million way more than ionomy. The coinbase multisig for the funds does not allow them to prove the address. There is many crypto businesses that do not and do not plan on making their accounting public? They are not scams. I totally agree that the team has to prove they can succeed as to date it has not been the greatest. But I know the team is already aware of what they are up against. So I think everybody should have a fair shot at proving themselves.

People should be in those threads asking those questions, that doesn't make these questions any less valid.

The possibility of LISK being a shitcoin or a good coin has zero impact on this coin being a shitcoin. This thread is about this particular coin. This particular coin is run by people who ignored calls for transparency in a previous failure, and now, with a chance to start fresh they are again not using any transparency, and no way for their investors to see the failboat they are walking into.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2016, 04:14:34 PM

With all that said, since we got some tiny bit of blockchain info I'll be dusting off my FAQ that got abandoned two months and 50 pages ago. First I gotta do some IRL work though so please play nice  Grin geddit? "play" LOL how's that beta game coming? Ok, I'm going, I'm going.
boki15

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 04:15:16 PM

And add this to the FAQ, people should know who writes these FAQs:

failboat they walked into => to open thread and leave it on hypocratic forum of bitcointalk communities trolls.
rdewilde

Activity: 925
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 09:01:37 PM

With all that said, since we got some tiny bit of blockchain info I'll be dusting off my FAQ that got abandoned two months and 50 pages ago. First I gotta do some IRL work though so please play nice  Grin geddit? "play" LOL how's that beta game coming? Ok, I'm going, I'm going.

And I will ask to add the relevant ones to the Ionomy support's Q&A. We are all making this better bit by bit ;-)

rdewilde

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 09:10:06 PM

Happy to see that the ICO fund address did so many good. So what's next? xD

WildShark

Activity: 1344

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2016, 09:37:00 PM
Last edit: August 27, 2016, 10:26:49 PM by WildShark

Maybe the members of this "semi Crypto project" could provide answers to CyptroBuds questions and concerns that the project is now "Zero Transparency" game? Or better, have the Iononmy DEVs and Management shift their current effort to responding to these question...

Is this a crypto project or a fiat project? Why did they collect BTC then? Why not just fiat funds from credit and debit cards? It's fine, they don't need to depend on BTC, that is their choice to make. But turning crypto into fiat, for a "crypto" project (it's in quotes as its only a semi crypto project now) indicates the team doesn't have confidence in crypto of any kind at all.

Why didn't they convert BTC to DASH? Keep the funds accountable and in he crypto world. Hell, half the coin is modeled off of DASH. They got out of crypto now.

Invest with EXTREME caution as ZERO transparency is now the game. They converted to cash which is now untraceable or verifiable.

lol lol lol The PayCoin ION project is moving away from Bitcoin dependency and soon Bitcoin CRASH!!! POW POS is the wave of the future!!!

Provide the proof that I lied about purchasing IONs? You come here and complain cause people are making assumptions and yet you do the same thing?

Why should I have to pay to be a whale to get information that should be public for everyone? Was this project just created to make a few people elite?

And now you are stating that this is not a crypto project. Why did they start a thread on BCT then? Seems just to get people's money.

"Wild onION" Visit the depot using the following invitation @ http://invite.wildsdepot.com
ION Master Node[10K IONs] + ION Smart Node[500 Atoms] + All ION Staking Wallets = 18 IONs Block Reward for WILD Innovative ION Network ownership (WIN concept)
Plan Details: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1443633.msg50248724#msg50248724
CryptoBuds
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1042

HODL

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 10:40:28 PM

Maybe the members of this "semi Crypto project" could provide answers to CyptroBuds questions and concerns that the project is now "Zero Transparency" game? Or better, have the Iononmy DEVs and Management shift their current effort to responding to these question...

Is this a crypto project or a fiat project? Why did they collect BTC then? Why not just fiat funds from credit and debit cards? It's fine, they don't need to depend on BTC, that is their choice to make. But turning crypto into fiat, for a "crypto" project (it's in quotes as its only a semi crypto project now) indicates the team doesn't have confidence in crypto of any kind at all.

Why didn't they convert BTC to DASH? Keep the funds accountable and in he crypto world. Hell, half the coin is modeled off of DASH. They got out of crypto now.

lol lol lol The PayCoin ION project is moving away from Bitcoin dependency and soon Bitcoin CRASH!!! POW POS is the wave of the future!!!

Provide the proof that I lied about purchasing IONs? You come here and complain cause people are making assumptions and yet you do the same thing?

Why should I have to pay to be a whale to get information that should be public for everyone? Was this project just created to make a few people elite?

And now you are stating that this is not a crypto project. Why did they start a thread on BCT then? Seems just to get people's money.

You are not worth being nice or cordial too. So fuck you! When did I say it had to be Bitcoin you ignorant fuck? When?HuhHuh I stated crypto, you selective reading retard!!! i asked why not convert to another crypto coin. I never stated it had to be in Bitcoin. So get off the fucking Bitcoin POW/POS argument. I could care less.

The ICO funds are now in fiat. This is supposed to be a crypto project, I honestly don't see it anymore. And he fact hat you don't care shows your greed and you only want to make money. The only shy you care about the Ionomy is to get more people roped in to buy up your dumps. Glaringly obvious.

Shill away WildShark. Post those unverifiable number you like so much. Keep making the project look like a joke, since you took on the role of ION spokesperson.

Question to the ION investors: how does it make you feel that WildShark is the face of ION? If I was invested and saw his actions, I would exit as quickly as possible. His actions remind me exactly of MrCoins and XPY. How many people are in this mess cause the bought XPY cause of his shilling?

rdewilde

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 11:19:43 PM

Freedom of speech, fine with me. Everybody got their own way of telling their story.

He btw is not the face of ION. There's not ONE face. Neither there'a one truth :-)

Popcorn anyone?

CryptoBuds
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1042

HODL

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 11:38:40 PM

I'll take half Carmel, half cheddar dusted.

I know he's not the official face of ION, but he's the only one you see shilling for it. There is a difference between shilling and discussing. He shills.

About that popcorn, any chance you could add some bacon dust to the cheddar? Saturday night and I hit the peace pipe....bacon and cheddar sounds mighty tasty right now, ha!

Oh ya, kettle popped if possible!

Cheers lads

Rick_James

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 11:59:50 PM

WildShark stated that ION is not a crypto project. I repeat, ION is confirmed by WildShark to not be a crypto project.

So selling the recieved btc for mid 700s in price was a bad move and illegal for the team to do as it makes it a non crypto project? I mean circle lets me hold my balance in usd? Does that mean i dont use/dislike crypto? Seems to me that was a wise decision as they gained value to benefit the project,as any smart business would do?

They could have used something like USDT if they wanted a hedge against exchange rate risks.

What you're saying now (even if the exchange to USD really happened, which we have no way of verifying) is equivalent to saying that Garza rapidly dumped all XPY to gain value to benefit the project. Team ION dumped the ICO BTC and can be dumping their ION for all we know but as long as they're are saying it's for the benefit of the project it's all cool.

While i value your opinion, The same could be said for other ICO too and nobody is in those threads asking those questions? Take LISK for example,raised (dont quote me as I dont follow it to close) 5-6 million way more than ionomy. The coinbase multisig for the funds does not allow them to prove the address. There is many crypto businesses that do not and do not plan on making their accounting public? They are not scams. I totally agree that the team has to prove they can succeed as to date it has not been the greatest. But I know the team is already aware of what they are up against. So I think everybody should have a fair shot at proving themselves.

Irrelevant. Some other shitty ICOs don't make ION any less shitty.

"What you're saying now (even if the exchange to USD really happened, which we have no way of verifying) is equivalent to saying that Garza rapidly dumped all XPY to gain value to benefit the project. Team ION dumped the ICO BTC and can be dumping their ION for all we know but as long as they're are saying it's for the benefit of the project it's all cool."

Actually it would be the equivalent to Garza selling all the btc he collected to USD technically.

"Team ION dumped the ICO BTC and can be dumping their ION for all we know "

Kept 50 btc in a cold address so not all was DUMPED. Or so was explained in slack.
kken01
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 12:27:39 AM

well since they have 5.9 mil out of 10.9 mil (launch) in masternodes, they can keep on dumping when ever
they have stated that only 5.9 mil would be used for ion and we have found out that they do stake these funds "to battle inflation". no where have they publicly said that these extra funds would be used for ion and not their own pocket
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2016, 02:24:31 AM

ION FAQ
Last Update: August 28, 2016

Q: What is ION?
A: A frankenclone of Blackcoin and Dash.

Q: What is ionomy?
A: Mainly an online wallet for ION and some other features, e.g. an ION/BTC exchange.

Q: What's the connection with Paycoin and GAW?
A: ION was created by a team that tried to prop Paycoin (XPY) up for a year after GAW's demise, XPY being the extension of the hashlet ponzi scheme perpetrated by GAW owner/CEO Homero Joshua Garza. In April 2016 the team declared XPY dead, created their own new coin ION, rebranded xpy.io online wallet to ionomy.com, and converted xpy.io XPY balances to ION.

Q: What's the purpose of ION and ionomy.com?
A: Mobile game development with a focus on in-game use of ION. Announcement here, more info here.

Q: How was ION created and distributed?
A: xpy.io users had their XPY converted to ION at a 8:1 rate. Others had a chance to purchase ION via an ICO at $0.20-0.25. ION is 100% pre-mined with ~75% of the initial coin supply controlled by its creators.

Q: Who controls ION?
A: Ionomy PTE (a Singapore company) is the counterparty in ionomy.com TOS however such company does not exist.

Q: What happened to the exchanged XPY?
A: Some of it has been burned however it is unclear how much has been exchanged and what happened to the rest.

Q: What happened to the BTC collected during the ICO?
A: According to unconfirmed third party claims most of the BTC has been converted to USD. There is an ICO address provided that shows 335 BTC received and 0 BTC balance as of June 16, 2016.

Q: Didn't they use escrow?
A: Nope.

Q: What will happen to the rest of the premine that the team still controls?
A: It is supposed to be used for bounties, promotions, etc.

Q: What are the addresses for bounty and other team wallets?
A: Dev bounty fund consists of multiple addresses totaling 2.5+ million ION. The team did not provide any other details.

Q: What's with the stakers, masternodes, etc?
A: Stakers are ionomy.com online wallets paying interest rates of 15%-50% on term deposits. Masternodes are blockchain wallets with a 20k ION minimum balance. Masternodes share 50% of all block rewards (potentially ~50% APY in the first year).

Q: How many masternodes does the team own?
A: The team did not provide any details.

Q: Why does the team need new coins in addition to the pre-mine?

Q: How many games does ionomy.com plan to produce?
A: One every month.

Q: How many games has ionomy.com produced?
A: None as of three months after the ICO.

Q: Does the team plan to maintain and update the games or do they have a built in shelf life? (i.e. quality vs quantity)

Q: How will the team work around Google Play and Apple rules prohibiting the use of third-party payment methods (such as ION) in mobile games?

Q: How many ION team members does it take to fix the "edgey" typo in the Urban Words description?

Q: Does the team provide any status updates or other information?
A: Some limited information may surface on ionomy slack however due to lack of structure, no public access, and limited retention it is difficult to locate and impossible to link to slack postings. Some investors have claimed to have access to privileged information, including financial details and business plans by virtue of being "whales" (large investors).

Q: Has CryptoBuds acquired a masternode?
A: He's a nice guy.
boki15

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 02:31:18 AM

I would call this pretty neutral, what happened to you, I dont see bad wording and other stuff you used to add when speaking about this team.

Whatever made this change happen, I think it is only for something good. As team ION does not provide such FAQs, some users could thank you for writting this up. However, it does not make good what you did in last months.

ION FAQ

A: Mainly an online wallet for ION and some other features, e.g. an ION/BTC exchange.

A: ION was created by a team that tried to prop Paycoin (XPY) up for a year after GAW's demise, XPY being the extension of the hashlet ponzi scheme perpetrated by GAW owner/CEO Homero Joshua Garza. In April 2016 the team declared XPY dead, created their own new coin ION, rebranded xpy.io online wallet to ionomy.com, and converted xpy.io XPY balances to ION.

A: Mobile game development with a focus on in-game use of ION. Announcement here, more info here.

A: xpy.io users had their XPY converted to ION at a 8:1 rate. Others had a chance to purchase ION via an ICO at $0.20-0.25. ION is 100% pre-mined with ~75% of the initial coin supply controlled by its creators.

A: Ionomy PTE (a Singapore company) is the counterparty in ionomy.com TOS however such company does not exist.

A: Some of it has been burned however it is unclear how much has been exchanged and what happened to the rest.

A: According to unconfirmed third party claims most of the BTC has been converted to USD. There is an ICO address provided that shows 335 BTC received and 0 BTC balance as of June 16, 2016.

A: Dev bounty fund consists of multiple addresses totaling 2.5+ million ION. The team did not provide any other details.

A: Stakers are ionomy.com online wallets paying interest rates of 15%-50% on term deposits. Masternodes are blockchain wallets with a 20k ION minimum balance. Masternodes share 50% of all block rewards (potentially ~50% APY in the first year).

Q: Does the team plan to maintain and update the games or do they have a built in shelf life? (i.e. quality vs quantity)

Q: How will the team work around Google Play and Apple rules prohibiting the use of third-party payment methods (such as ION) in mobile games?

Q: How many ION team members does it take to fix the "edgey" typo in the Urban Words description?

A: Some limited information may surface on ionomy slack however due to lack of structure, no public access, and limited retention it is difficult to locate and impossible to link to slack postings. Some investors have claimed to have access to privileged information, including financial details and business plans by virtue of being "whales" (large investors).

yoyoamigo

Activity: 622
Merit: 504

Your only Amigo, in the World of Crypto

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2016, 05:49:24 AM

I would call this pretty neutral, what happened to you, I dont see bad wording and other stuff you used to add when speaking about this team.

Whatever made this change happen, I think it is only for something good. As team ION does not provide such FAQs, some users could thank you for writting this up. However, it does not make good what you did in last months.

ION FAQ

is there any beta testing for any of the games? as in right now currently. if there is, they could at least blog about it...on bug fixes, etc.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2016, 06:00:36 AM

is there any beta testing for any of the games? as in right now currently. if there is, they could at least blog about it...on bug fixes, etc.

No beta AFAIK. WildShark was claiming that whales got alpha version, but he's known to post random crap so it's safe to assume there is nothing yet.
o0o0
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1021

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 07:08:34 AM

No beta AFAIK. WildShark was claiming that whales got alpha version, but he's known to post random crap so it's safe to assume there is nothing yet.

How is it that they have like approx $300k usd and can't release a bunch of games even half baked ones to demonstrate the platform? You could go to those forums full of people that make game maker games, freeware titles using unreal tech etc...

surely they could provide the bounty out to teams to encourage adding ion.

To me it seems they took ico and aren't really spending it to actually promote the platform. If i was running a project i'd have a clear direction listed with intent of where to spend the ico funds not just say for bounties and dev.

I'd say
- 50btc spent on getting devs to make games
(then post links of requests at forums showing this bounty out)
- 10btc spent on third party devs to progress api

etc like that showing how its used.

It still sounds bloody dodgy to me. Technically the can make gravity or rather have someone else do the majority of the work then pay themselves 300btc and say it took 500 hours x this cost per hour so we pay ourselves that.

IPO's/ICO's and their apparent whitepapers and direction stink at present. They are so vague and have no transparent checks to ensure people are honest just trust us. They took btc over fiat as in a lot of areas bitcoin isn't considered cash so avoid the whole scamminess of direct fiat. Then convert to fiat straight away. They get what they wanted but try to get through loop holes on the accountability.

The best part is they don't have to defend themselves as those that threw money at them do it for them. They'll blindly ignore others comments and go on defense mode because they don't want to believe that what they invested might be a bad investment.
altheshort

Activity: 214
Merit: 113

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 07:47:04 AM
Last edit: August 28, 2016, 08:26:31 AM by altheshort

As per here: https://www.iontalk.net/t/gravity-status-report-restart-1/193 and here: https://www.iontalk.net/t/gravity-status-report/149 I don't think even the 'whales' have access to it to test as yet.

I still don't think this is a corrupt project as such. Could they have made better choices? Sure. But to me, this essentially appears to be a vanity project for the ex-paycoin community to try and redeem themselves after losing out so much to Garza et al. It's got more to do with restoring community pride to most of the regular members than it has necessarily about making money, though I'm sure a certain couple of them are probably only there to get back some of the losses they took.

For my part, I have to say that while I understand the concept they are going for, I just don't think that it will realistically have a chance of major success as I don't think the idea of crypto linked gaming will really appeal to many people outside of the established crypto sphere, and there exists such tribalism within the crypto sphere itself (between true believers in Bitcoin/assorted alt coins/communities etc)  that I don't expect it to be successful even amongst that demographic given its background. End of rant. I'm happy to be proven wrong, of course.
theduuude

Activity: 194
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 12:09:11 PM

grammar check...assuming you want your faq accurate
boki15

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 12:57:28 PM

And we have another shitting around! Of course there is a beta but "testing" version is for testing and it is not available for public testing, also not for whales, whales are actually not good for testing, especially if you show that many things dont work, I wouldnt give them an buggy version to test. Smiley suchmoon, you really think that you are so important that they would invite you, who spread so much fud about them, to test BETA??? Smiley, I am sure you do laugh by yourself during imagination of such fiasco.

But this question is to be directed to the dev which is clearly neither present here nor on their slack. I dont know if they take part on these meetings, I would assume no.

Nobody of their team will come to this forum to reply questions. Just read sentences like "Fuck you adam" which seem to be ontopic here. Write fuck you "NAME OF BITCOINTALK OWNER" and you will be banned immediatelly. These are double standards which always fit to some agenda. Agenda here is to make ION scam, no matter what it is, even if it is not a scam, it's worth trying to flip it like if they would scam, that's all about in last 150 pages.

Adam did not want at all thread here and thats why he did not open it. As trolls of this thread speak how clever they are, that's exactly what Adam said about them and why doesnt he want to be present here, you can judge about his decision if you want.

I also do not think that going there and asking real staff and devs could help you finding out this question or even getting beta tester, but it's for sure worth trying, especially because bitcointalk would be probably last place where they would publish it or invite any beta testers.

Rick_James

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 02:58:17 PM

"How is it that they have like approx $300k usd and can't release a bunch of games even half baked ones to demonstrate the platform?"

Well wouldnt this be exactly what alot of people here want them to do? So they can manipulate the api and say oh their games suck and are junk and half baked? Im sure if they were taking advise from here the team would have done so already, considering they have not listened to anything from here to date, im guessing we will have to wait til they lock it down.
Pages: « 1 ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 [151] 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 ... 500 »
  Print  

Jump to: