Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:47:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 [172] 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 ... 500 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ION [ION] | POS 3.0 | Mobile Gaming | Join the ionomy today!  (Read 473054 times)
o0o0
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1021

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 06:55:15 AM

The API is gonna link to Apple Google and Ionnomy.

What I don't know.....

Is this a bit of innovation or do other companies offer the same. I also heard that later the API is going to be made available to external devs to do there own thing

So in other words: Your Paycoin investment will finally pay off when ION goes to the moon thanks to the API being used by game developers all over the world. Soon.
Just one question: Why would all these game devs use ION in their they're there games instead of Bitcoins or Dollars?

To be fair i'll answer this in an ideal world.
In an ideal world if ionomy was actually popular and had a huge user base a dev might want to run through their api to leverage the user base and advertising etc.

However none of that exists and its a big ask for 33% of your profit. The ionomy api has been stated to take 33% of your price and then split that over coin buying on exchanges (kinda like a floor program) and 66% to other things.

However its essentially just a layer on top of google play store and ios app store if and thats a big IF it doesn't get removed. Basically as a dev you pay apple 30% of each dollar for their store use and distribution point. Ionomy would like you to use their api so they can take another 33% (higher than apple) so essentially in the end you get 37% or 37 cents in the dollar.

Why you would use your talent to give over 50% to both apple and ionomy together is anyones guess. Apple i can see as the exposure and their store tech etc its obvious... ionomy... meh they really aren't giving you 33% of each dollar in value. Sure you could prebuy ion and hope 1/3 of that 33% goes back to you in profit gains but lets face it with the stakers etc there are lots of people waiting in line to take those.

Its a flawed model that hasn't been thought out and the costings quite high. If they were smart they'd run the api and scheme at a cost neutral point or 0 cost to get people first then slowly raise it when people see proper value if there is any. They have ico funds etc so no need to be greedy on more funds.

My opinion is the api no matter how great they think is just a link between ios/google purchases and sending some coins/money to exchanges to buy/sell. Regardless of how concrete it is it offers not much to devs and basically is run so that devs provide value to ion.

It'll fail spectacularly. When first released i suspect there will be a spike on buyers because everyone will want it to go ahead but it won't sustain itself. It'll drop off after a brief spike.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
korvas128

Activity: 1248
Merit: 583

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 11:33:22 AM

What I don't know.....

Is this a bit of innovation or do other companies offer the same. I also heard that later the API is going to be made available to external devs to do there own thing

So in other words: Your Paycoin investment will finally pay off when ION goes to the moon thanks to the API being used by game developers all over the world. Soon.
Just one question: Why would all these game devs use ION in their they're there games instead of Bitcoins or Dollars?

No the API is just one element of IONOMY.

Independent games developers.

Think unity gaming engine but applied to the monetization of their game for an indie this would be a major benefit

Ionomy V3 for Wallets - Masternodes - Trading - Games
https://ionomy.com/en/aff/46cbe5fa1d262e23665191a7c7864072

For the few TROLLS left some inconvenient statements of FACT
https://news.ionomy.com/just-to-be-clear/
korvas128

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 12:21:27 PM

What I don't know.....

its because everyone wants to give team ION all their money/ideas/technical skills because they are nice, come on... wouldn't u want to write apps for some nice people

Isn't this how the world works ?

suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2016, 12:40:01 PM

What I don't know.....

its because everyone wants to give team ION all their money/ideas/technical skills because they are nice, come on... wouldn't u want to write apps for some nice people

That's how cults work. "The world" in general is a bit more nuanced than that. Being nice is... well, nice, but you typically need more than that to gain trust and build a business unless your "business" is a flat out confidence scam.
Franz_Huber
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 03:27:16 PM

What I don't know.....

Think unity gaming engine but applied to the monetization of their game for an indie this would be a major benefit

So the Ionomy is like Unity now??

Here are a few details about Unity: Supported platforms include Unity Web Player, Facebook, Apple TV, BlackBerry 10, Wii, Wii U, Windows Phone 8, Android,  iOS, Linux, Nintendo 3DS, OS X, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, Windows, Xbox 360, and Xbox One. So Unity is not an API, it includes several APIs such as Direct3D on Windows and Xbox 360, OpenGL on Mac, Linux, and Windows, OpenGL ES on Android and iOS, and several proprietary APIs on video game consoles. It also includes an asset server and Nvidia's PhysX physics engine. Unity allows specification of texture compression and resolution settings for each of these platforms and it provides support for bump mapping, reflection mapping, parallax mapping, screen space ambient occlusion, dynamic shadows using shadow maps, render-to-texture and full-screen post-processing effects.

How exactly is the Ionomy API like Unity? What are the things it can do?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
pixelpowered

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 04:33:26 PM

What I don't know.....

Here are a few details about Unity: Supported platforms include Unity Web Player, Facebook, Apple TV, BlackBerry 10, Wii, Wii U, Windows Phone 8, Android,  iOS, Linux, Nintendo 3DS, OS X, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, Windows, Xbox 360, and Xbox One. So Unity is not an API, it includes several APIs such as Direct3D on Windows and Xbox 360, OpenGL on Mac, Linux, and Windows, OpenGL ES on Android and iOS, and several proprietary APIs on video game consoles. It also includes an asset server and Nvidia's PhysX physics engine. Unity allows specification of texture compression and resolution settings for each of these platforms and it provides support for bump mapping, reflection mapping, parallax mapping, screen space ambient occlusion, dynamic shadows using shadow maps, render-to-texture and full-screen post-processing effects.

It isn't.
API ≠ game engine : API = Application Programming Interface (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Application_programming_interface). Its a communication layer so protocols and subroutines can talk to each other better.

I'm not surprised any of the ION members don't know really what an API is or how they work.
Its going to be hilarious when they launch, the environment will chew them up and spit them out  Cheesy

@bizzyb This is a good example of the new type platforms/distributors forming now. Moving through OpenGL and Java, nice. There will be probably be one catering to Bitcoin, Ethereum, and a 3rd top coin. Thank you for stopping by but I am flagging your post as it doesn't belong here and your advertising.

korvas128

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 05:15:31 PM

What I don't know.....

In an ideal world if ionomy was actually popular and had a huge user base a dev might want to run through their api to leverage the user base and advertising etc.

However none of that exists and its a big ask for 33% of your profit. The ionomy api has been stated to take 33% of your price and then split that over coin buying on exchanges (kinda like a floor program) and 66% to other things.

However its essentially just a layer on top of google play store and ios app store if and thats a big IF it doesn't get removed. Basically as a dev you pay apple 30% of each dollar for their store use and distribution point. Ionomy would like you to use their api so they can take another 33% (higher than apple) so essentially in the end you get 37% or 37 cents in the dollar.

Why you would use your talent to give over 50% to both apple and ionomy together is anyones guess. Apple i can see as the exposure and their store tech etc its obvious... ionomy... meh they really aren't giving you 33% of each dollar in value. Sure you could prebuy ion and hope 1/3 of that 33% goes back to you in profit gains but lets face it with the stakers etc there are lots of people waiting in line to take those.

Its a flawed model that hasn't been thought out and the costings quite high. If they were smart they'd run the api and scheme at a cost neutral point or 0 cost to get people first then slowly raise it when people see proper value if there is any. They have ico funds etc so no need to be greedy on more funds.

My opinion is the api no matter how great they think is just a link between ios/google purchases and sending some coins/money to exchanges to buy/sell. Regardless of how concrete it is it offers not much to devs and basically is run so that devs provide value to ion.

It'll fail spectacularly. When first released i suspect there will be a spike on buyers because everyone will want it to go ahead but it won't sustain itself. It'll drop off after a brief spike.

In your scenario IONOMY would be a multimillion dollar business

To have reached that point would mean that their vision/direction was good so even if you  factor elements of greed and self interest it  just wouldn'it happen.

I can't comment on your other points because I don't know enough about the Ionomy business model.

Money - 50% of 10 or 20% of 1,000. Lots of reasons I'll go with they can triple their revenue by monetizing new gaming element as opposed to selling more units  

Valid prediction but what if your wrong. Quantify your loss then when you tuck into a slice of bitcoin pizza  Smiley

korvas128

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 05:28:49 PM

What I don't know.....

That's how cults work. "The world" in general is a bit more nuanced than that. Being nice is... well, nice, but you typically need more than that to gain trust and build a business unless your "business" is a flat out confidence scam.

So what do you need other than nice

Does moral compass or honour feature anywhere

korvas128

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 05:35:56 PM

What I don't know.....

You missed my point sorry if I was unclear. Think of it as tools in a tool box

Unity = hammer
API    = Tape measure

All tools that can be used to create content

korvas128

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 06:05:52 PM

What I don't know.....

It isn't.
API ≠ game engine : API = Application Programming Interface (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Application_programming_interface). Its a communication layer so protocols and subroutines can talk to each other better.

I'm not surprised any of the ION members don't know really what an API is or how they work.
Its going to be hilarious when they launch, the environment will chew them up and spit them out  Cheesy

@bizzyb This is a good example of the new type platforms/distributors forming now. Moving through OpenGL and Java, nice. There will be probably be one catering to Bitcoin, Ethereum, and a 3rd top coin. Thank you for stopping by but I am flagging your post as it doesn't belong here and your advertising.

Pretty sure Franz is not part of the ION team

Nor am I but I do know what I'll talking about.

I'm here to help and learn new stuff too  Smiley

Franz_Huber
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 05:49:20 AM

Unity = hammer
API    = Tape measure
Ionomy = the continuation of the GAW scam with monthly games as real as Hashlets and the Paycoin credit card.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
Franz_Huber
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 05:58:32 AM

Pixelpowered didn't say I am part of the ION team, you silly boy. I explained the difference between Unity, which is a cross platform game engine, and Ionomy, which is vaporware and supposed to be an "API". Pixelpowered understood my post about Unity and pointed out that Ionomy team members probably don't even know the difference between a complex game engine such as Unity and an API. And you, korvas, did not answer the question that was directed at you: How exactly is the Ionomy API like Unity? Comparing an API to a "tape measure" to "create content" is not an answer that makes any sense.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
korvas128

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 06:19:54 AM

What I don't know.....

It isn't.

Your footer totally undermines your credibility

GAW = Scam = Life lesson

ScriptCC = Scam = Life lesson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjtLszt7MTo

ION = page 1 of this thread WTF = undermine credibility by name association = dirty trick

If I got this wrong then tell me

korvas128

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 06:28:57 AM

Unity = hammer
API    = Tape measure
Ionomy = the continuation of the GAW scam with monthly games as real as Hashlets and the Paycoin credit card.

Keep comments like that flowing

The more you shit out the more people have a chance to smell

Franz_Huber
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 06:32:50 AM

[/quote]
Oh, don't worry about that. I will keep pointing out that Ionomy is the continuation of the GAW/Paycoin scam until it's just as dead as GAW/Paycoin.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
korvas128

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 06:52:17 AM

Oh, don't worry about that. I will keep pointing out that Ionomy is the continuation of the GAW/Paycoin scam until it's just as dead as GAW/Paycoin.

[/quote]

Brilliant

Your on a personal campaign/crusade.

TIP: Try using FACTS

korvas128

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 06:53:39 AM

Pixelpowered didn't say I am part of the ION team, you silly boy. I explained the difference between Unity, which is a cross platform game engine, and Ionomy, which is vaporware and supposed to be an "API". Pixelpowered understood my post about Unity and pointed out that Ionomy team members probably don't even know the difference between a complex game engine such as Unity and an API. And you, korvas, did not answer the question that was directed at you: How exactly is the Ionomy API like Unity? Comparing an API to a "tape measure" to "create content" is not an answer that makes any sense.

I did answer.......... you just don't have the mental capacity to understand or choose not to acknowledge

o0o0
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1021

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 09:08:53 AM

What I don't know.....

To have reached that point would mean that their vision/direction was good so even if you  factor elements of greed and self interest it  just wouldn'it happen.

I can't comment on your other points because I don't know enough about the Ionomy business model.

Money - 50% of 10 or 20% of 1,000. Lots of reasons I'll go with they can triple their revenue by monetizing new gaming element as opposed to selling more units  

Valid prediction but what if your wrong. Quantify your loss then when you tuck into a slice of bitcoin pizza  Smiley

Your 50% of 10 or 20% of 1000 makes no sense. Regardless of volume apple takes 30% .... ionomy wants another chunk as big. So its actually >50% of 10 or >50% of 1000. Its the same as its a percentage... more volume doesn't mean more money percent wise.

Any dev would be better to pay 30% of profit to apple and keep 70%. Please state what "value" people get for the 30% ionomy wants. They already get apple exposure and can advertise through networks on per impressions ingames now. What is ionomy giving? You are a bit vague in your saying triple their revenue by monetizing new gaming element. Can you show how this figure is obtained as at present its an unsubstantiated claim. You can't just say can triple without showing how. THis is false information without justification.
korvas128

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 11:39:09 AM

What I don't know.....

Your 50% of 10 or 20% of 1000 makes no sense. Regardless of volume apple takes 30% .... ionomy wants another chunk as big. So its actually >50% of 10 or >50% of 1000. Its the same as its a percentage... more volume doesn't mean more money percent wise.

Any dev would be better to pay 30% of profit to apple and keep 70%. Please state what "value" people get for the 30% ionomy wants. They already get apple exposure and can advertise through networks on per impressions ingames now. What is ionomy giving? You are a bit vague in your saying triple their revenue by monetizing new gaming element. Can you show how this figure is obtained as at present its an unsubstantiated claim. You can't just say can triple without showing how. THis is false information without justification.

Your percentages are not relevant, percentages don't keep the lights on. $$ margin does that, I gave you a reason why a dev would deviate from their norm

You say Bit vague hehe........... I'm just thinking through your scenario.   

Now your confusing me THis is false information without justification. WTF

Did you really not understand anything I wrote ?

WildShark

Activity: 1344
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2016, 11:57:45 AM
Last edit: September 15, 2016, 02:19:08 PM by WildShark

If you didn't purchase your IONs at the ICO, Now is a good time to stock up on them... Pick up 20K IONs and invest in an ION masternode or for the small investors, buy a couple of Shares in a community masternode at the Market Place @ https://ionno.de One share is currently paying out approximately 1 ION per share per week. Looking for some "small fish" and big investors to invest in an ION masternode. You can also pick up a few IONs and stake them in a wallet or on Ionomy.com to earn some extra coins...

Here is some blockchain information for the last Community Node Payout on 12 September:
MN1 Payout (iYQmYLTngqQHeVQzf3nZdDSAYW1wMmD9qC) - 414.020535 IONs
MN2 Payout (iZiGkguV1JiFGCvyCKTPoWSikn5rDcT6Wg) - 414.00252 IONs
MN3 Payout (iiTsA1KMktJgmddiij8kADiak3LKBZyjm2) - 494.500025 IONs
MN4 Payout (iigQptDvFfiTgSiJz1qfJKqxrdzuyJ7jTR) - 391.0010275 IONs
Total Payout - 1713.5241075 IONs

Daily Average Masternode Reward - 61.19728955357143 IONs @ 16 cents = $9.79 dollars

Minus 2% Pool Fee - 1679.25362535 IONs by 1609 shares = 1.043662911963953 IONs per Share

Join the Ionomy today and start making a few coins to spend or put away for a rainy day!!!

"Wild onION" Visit the depot using the following invitation @ http://invite.wildsdepot.com
ION Master Node[10K IONs] + ION Smart Node[500 Atoms] + All ION Staking Wallets = 18 IONs Block Reward for WILD Innovative ION Network ownership (WIN concept)
Plan Details: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1443633.msg50248724#msg50248724
Pages: « 1 ... 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 [172] 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 ... 500 »
  Print  

Jump to: