Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:39:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 246 »
  Print  
Author Topic: margin terminal is now FREE - bots for over 30 exchanges  (Read 268521 times)
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2017, 02:58:26 PM

Hi,

I am liking LeonArdo's interface and aesthetics. The night theme is killer. One thing that I am having time struggling with is profits and losses. It seems so far that my trading strategies are profitable, but it is very difficult to determine the profits and losses at any given time. When I hover over a buy and sell indicator, the tooltip reveals some of the info I am looking for, But I think it would be better to see plain and clear the amount of profit or loss in the time period from when the strategy starts to the present. It's difficult to make good trading and strategy descisions for me because I don't see a solid figure anywhere that I can base my trades on. Perhaps I am not looking in the proper place? I want to know how much profit (or loss) LeonArdo is churning out for me. I'd like to see a solid figure in BTC or USD if possible, maybe just pertaining to each strategy. Just some thoughts.

On the bright side, LeonArdo has been a great tool.

Thanks,

DC

We completely agree that leonArdo needs better reporting and it is high on our priority list.

Expect it in an upcoming release!

Great that you like leonArdo so much!

Best wishes,
Jonathan

How is that memory leak fix coming? I'm getting antsy to trade other coins.

We're working hard to fix it. Hopefully we will have a fix very soon.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Alkoxy1980

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 07:08:53 PM

Thanks Leonardo for that nice 0.5 BTC profit in 1 hour by setting it on STEEM :-)

http://imgur.com/a/xvzzi

Happy trading to everyone!
TransAtlantic

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 12:56:49 AM

Very specific question here:
I am trying to understand the logic which guides the actions of the mArgin maker bot, specifically related to a negative "Min. effective gain".
I understand that setting up a negative "Min. effective gain" (e.g. -2%) would allow the bot to continue trading (in the hope of future gains, instead of doing nothing) when the price goes in the wrong direction for the strategy.
I would like to understand exactly _when_ would the bot decide to take this loss? (that is, to sell below previous purchase price, or to buy above previous sell price)  What is the logic (or mathematical formula) behind it?

It feels important for me to understand that, in order to choose better how to play with this parameter.
drnkk

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 04:56:56 PM

Feature Request:

- Can you put a switch for settlement trades to be seen or not at the charts for poloniex,
They make the screen crowded with a lot of non-useful information.

Bitrated user: drnk.
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2017, 05:36:25 PM

I am trying to understand the logic which guides the actions of the mArgin maker bot, specifically related to a negative "Min. effective gain".
I understand that setting up a negative "Min. effective gain" (e.g. -2%) would allow the bot to continue trading (in the hope of future gains, instead of doing nothing) when the price goes in the wrong direction for the strategy.
I would like to understand exactly _when_ would the bot decide to take this loss? (that is, to sell below previous purchase price, or to buy above previous sell price)  What is the logic (or mathematical formula) behind it?

It feels important for me to understand that, in order to choose better how to play with this parameter.

It does it immediately. It allows the bot place the order at the current bot statistics immediately if the max order age has been exceeded. In your case it would allow the bot place an order that would make an effective lose of 2% in the hope that it makes future gains.

I hope that answers your question.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2017, 05:39:24 PM

Feature Request:

- Can you put a switch for settlement trades to be seen or not at the charts for poloniex,

Do you mean your own completed trades that are shown in the chart? If so, this is already available. The fourth button on the left side of the chart (which looks like three completed orders) toggles between showing them and not showing them.

TransAtlantic

Activity: 138

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 06:02:58 PM

It does it immediately. It allows the bot place the order at the current bot statistics immediately if the max order age has been exceeded. In your case it would allow the bot place an order that would make an effective lose of 2% in the hope that it makes future gains.

Thank you for your reply.

So, if I understand correctly the workings of the mArgin maker bot (please correct me if I am wrong), it simply place a buy or sell order at a price which is determined by [range of price variation (min-max) over the "Statistics interval" chosen, narrowed by the "buy or sell margin %" that I choose], and that order will stay valid for a maximum of "Max. order age".  If the order is not filled past this "Max. order age" time, the bot cancels the order and place a new order at a new price calculated using the same method.  Since the price variation (min-max) during the "Statistics interval" will be different, the calculated price will obviously also be different.  And the order will _not_ be placed if it would have a consequence of giving an effective gain lower than the "Min. effective gain %" (which can obviously be negative).
A few more other parameters can also restrict or influence the placing of orders, like "Never buy above/below" or "Avoid direct buy/sell".

Is my understanding correct?
drnkk

Activity: 72

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 06:08:14 PM

Feature Request:

Do you mean your own completed trades that are shown in the chart? If so, this is already available. The fourth button on the left side of the chart (which looks like three completed orders) toggles between showing them and not showing them.

I am talking about the settlement orders for margin positions at poloniex,
it is handled by poloniex, not my own will
poloniex is protecting the the lenders' earnings and also poloniex's profit.

The button you mentioned is for all type of completed orders,
what I mean is to switch off only settlement orders from chart.
When you hover on the orders they are shown as settlement already,
İf they are not shown the reporting of the orders will be more efficient
for example most of below orders are settlement, and they are flooding the chart

Bitrated user: drnk.
xojex

Activity: 111

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 06:35:06 PM

Demo 3.3.0-beta build:9703450 [windows, release] Win 10 64bit

Exited leonArdo last night. When restarted later, using "Cont. last session", was met with this message on two attempts.

Faulting application name: leonArdo.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x58f7cb96
Faulting module name: libstdc++-6.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x0000b000
Exception code: 0x40000015

Had no problem with running the app this morning.

After app was running, found margin bots stopped(expected), but not all previous sell positions were placed(unexpected). Don't know if this was a result of the application error. Lacking a saved trade log to reference, I would have to check the exchange to see what price the coins were purchased. Does the paid version save trade histories?
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2017, 10:09:38 PM

Thank you for your reply.

So, if I understand correctly the workings of the mArgin maker bot (please correct me if I am wrong), it simply place a buy or sell order at a price which is determined by [range of price variation (min-max) over the "Statistics interval" chosen, narrowed by the "buy or sell margin %" that I choose], and that order will stay valid for a maximum of "Max. order age".  If the order is not filled past this "Max. order age" time, the bot cancels the order and place a new order at a new price calculated using the same method.  Since the price variation (min-max) during the "Statistics interval" will be different, the calculated price will obviously also be different.  And the order will _not_ be placed if it would have a consequence of giving an effective gain lower than the "Min. effective gain %" (which can obviously be negative).
A few more other parameters can also restrict or influence the placing of orders, like "Never buy above/below" or "Avoid direct buy/sell".

Is my understanding correct?

Yes, looks good!

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2017, 10:11:57 PM

Feature Request:

I am talking about the settlement orders for margin positions at poloniex,
it is handled by poloniex, not my own will
poloniex is protecting the the lenders' earnings and also poloniex's profit.

The button you mentioned is for all type of completed orders,
what I mean is to switch off only settlement orders from chart.
When you hover on the orders they are shown as settlement already,
İf they are not shown the reporting of the orders will be more efficient
for example most of below orders are settlement, and they are flooding the chart

Ah! I get you. Right now it's not possible but good point.

I'll look into it.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

akeetlebeetle

Activity: 221

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 10:17:59 PM

While we're on the topic, here's what I'm seeing:

1) If you lose internet connection, the program is excellent about recovering
2) Shutting down the program, however, it never recovers. Even if you manually resume, you'll eventually have to restart your bots as they don't re-ping their pongs  Grin
3) Since the last update, partially filled orders are not being indicated with a partially-filled order line on the book.
4) I have noticed a bug where (sometimes) if you change your view say 1-day instead of 6 hours, it'll automatically change back. A bit annoying, but not a huge deal.

Anyway, thanks for the great program. What really sold it for me was the night mode.
@boutiuqe

Activity: 638
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 03:38:49 AM

Can I place order buy or sell base on indicator ? Like EMA , MA , or MACD cross ?
akeetlebeetle

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 04:01:05 AM

Can I place order buy or sell base on indicator ? Like EMA , MA , or MACD cross ?

Not at this time, but I think they're working on something for that.
@boutiuqe

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 04:05:12 AM

Do you know any bot can do that ?
Even for forex ?
akeetlebeetle

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 04:06:30 AM

Even for forex ?

I don't, no. This is the only bot I'm familiar with.
@boutiuqe

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 04:08:14 AM

Even for forex ?

So everything manual in this bot ?
Sad WHy do they have indicator for then ?
Or Even alert indicator in in bot ?
akeetlebeetle

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 04:10:22 AM

Even for forex ?

It's not manual, no (though there is that, too).

You essentially have 2 types of bots. Simple ping-pong or what they call margin maker which has a bunch of rules you can define that allow the bot to react to market changes at the speed you desire.
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2017, 07:26:00 AM

Even for forex ?

It's not manual, no (though there is that, too).

You essentially have 2 types of bots. Simple ping-pong or what they call margin maker which has a bunch of rules you can define that allow the bot to react to market changes at the speed you desire.

Thanks akeetlebeetle.

When I sleep you take over and I agree with all you said Smiley

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2017, 08:58:36 AM

leonArdo announcement!

What an amazing year we are having! We are about to close a round of funding which will give us more resources to make leonArdo even more awesome than it is now. And we are nearing our 400th customer!

To celebrate that we will upgrade our 400th customer's account to be an ultra account (access to 7 markets) and give 5 months of free leonArdo cloud!!

Thanks to you guys, our early adopters, for all your support Smiley You are the best!

The leonArdo guys

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 246 »
  Print  

Jump to: