Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 11:31:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 ... 246 »
  Print  
Author Topic: margin terminal is now FREE - bots for over 30 exchanges  (Read 268521 times)
hackbyte
Copper Member

Activity: 282
Merit: 111

Doing cryptocurrency stuff since 2010.

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2017, 01:41:59 PM

[---snip---]
What does bot do in bear market when btc goes down 20% + and alts 30%?

Watch the mArgin maker tutorial video, if you allow it to have some negative effective gain, it can adapt to bearish trends and get back to work for you as soon as the trend changes direction (or just can keep it working even if the prices have fallen some percent). Which the PingPong bot can't do by the way. Wink

This results in a bit of variance at all but allows it to work w/o the user steadily have to attend and readjust it.

Hacky

P.s.: Here is the video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBUAuhoLe_0

Cryptocurrency Mining, Gambling, Lending, Trading, Staking .. So much to do with them, since 2010!
Donations-> 1bytoroRvXLGc1FWTob5h1oH92VMdUSFi Questions? Dunno! To the moon? Mün or bust!
Lust auf klönschnack? Schau bei uns rein im Cryptotalk (D-A-CH+EU) unter https://t.me/cryptotalkgerman

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
didi-man

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 02:44:11 PM

There are not many videos on the bot, is there any tutorial on what parameters should be set to for margin maker, how far back in time, what market conditions suit each strategy etc

Are there many variables to set?

shifty303

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 02:55:18 PM
Last edit: September 07, 2017, 06:42:14 PM by shifty303

If I may suggest, it would be great to have a trailing stop-loss with not only a % setting, but a secondary group of settings to prevent falling knives or temporary sell-offs from stopping you out. I'll try to explain below.

Let's say I was in a coin already from a manual order:
I would set my leonardo software-based trailing stop loss at 10%. I would also have the option of setting a max time delay and max % activation threshold that would prevent leonardo from placing the sell order immediately. In that case I would set my max % at 20% and my timer at 300 seconds. If someone sold a large order causing the price to drop below 10% the timer would start counting down.

If the price goes back up above the 10% line and stays above it by the time the 300 second timer is done the sell order will not be placed but the stop loss will remain in the same spot. If the price drops below the stop loss again (at any time after the first activation, unless manually reset) then it will sell at market price.  If the price is below the 10% line when the timer expires it will sell at market price. If at any time while the timer is running the price drops below the max threshold (20% in this instance) it will immediately sell at market price regardless of the timer.

Market price would be a below-market price to ensure the order sells immediately and fully. I always set my sell prices at 1 sat and the markets give me the market/bid prices.
eance

Activity: 402

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 05:14:46 PM

The new demo version is unstable, crashing really often, OSX 10.12.6

Yes, we have to admit that the demo is unstable right now. A really nasty memory issue that randomly strikes and causes leonArdo to crash. It doesn't seem like the full version is affected.

We are working on a fix.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

Any ETA on the fix, is only the demo affected or the paid release too is affected?

Ty
hackbyte
Copper Member

Activity: 282
Merit: 111

Doing cryptocurrency stuff since 2010.

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2017, 05:16:00 PM

Any ETA on the fix, is only the demo affected or the paid release too is affected?

Ty

Paid version runs fine over here, 40hrs uptime and counting. Wink

Hacky

Cryptocurrency Mining, Gambling, Lending, Trading, Staking .. So much to do with them, since 2010!
Donations-> 1bytoroRvXLGc1FWTob5h1oH92VMdUSFi Questions? Dunno! To the moon? Mün or bust!
Lust auf klönschnack? Schau bei uns rein im Cryptotalk (D-A-CH+EU) unter https://t.me/cryptotalkgerman
eance

Activity: 402

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 07:31:23 PM

Ty

Paid version runs fine over here, 40hrs uptime and counting. Wink

Hacky

Excellent, what is your opinion if we compare Gunboat vs Leonardo? any edge, advantage to decide which one to buy?
Skatter

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 09:29:28 PM

What are the best trading pairs?
Top 10?
% gainers for the 24hr period?
% Losses for the 24hr period?
0% even for the 24hr period?
Any token that show the zig zag pattern on the chart?

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2017, 10:01:43 PM

If I may suggest, it would be great to have a trailing stop-loss with not only a % setting, but a secondary group of settings to prevent falling knives or temporary sell-offs from stopping you out. I'll try to explain below.

Let's say I was in a coin already from a manual order:
I would set my leonardo software-based trailing stop loss at 10%. I would also have the option of setting a max time delay and max % activation threshold that would prevent leonardo from placing the sell order immediately. In that case I would set my max % at 20% and my timer at 300 seconds. If someone sold a large order causing the price to drop below 10% the timer would start counting down.

If the price goes back up above the 10% line and stays above it by the time the 300 second timer is done the sell order will not be placed but the stop loss will remain in the same spot. If the price drops below the stop loss again (at any time after the first activation, unless manually reset) then it will sell at market price.  If the price is below the 10% line when the timer expires it will sell at market price. If at any time while the timer is running the price drops below the max threshold (20% in this instance) it will immediately sell at market price regardless of the timer.

Market price would be a below-market price to ensure the order sells immediately and fully. I always set my sell prices at 1 sat and the markets give me the market/bid prices.

Sounds like you want a strategy editor so you can build your own strategy...

We want one too.

Wink

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2017, 10:06:41 PM

Thanks again for this fantastic software, up and running + Loving it

Are there any updates on Graphical interface showing RSI?

Hi Thom,

Great you like leonArdo so much!

I can't say exactly when, but it will be in the next batch of indicators we add.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

shifty303

Activity: 20

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 01:39:39 AM

We want one too.

Wink

Actually, that would be great! Will we have the ability to run strategies that don't include buys? Seems like an odd request but it would be very useful Cheesy
drnkk

Activity: 72

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 08:06:21 AM

I have margin maker going up now with a - gain setting.

Have 4 bots running right now for many hours and have more than made the cost of the program in a few hours. I still do not understand a lot of it.
Like many times after it sells it has the buy back in so low it may never go that low to go back in so I have been pushing it up to buy in over riding it and that works.

I am using a -1.00 setting how does that effect things like what would happen if I used -5.00 setting.

I would like it to ride up as the price goes up like if it is set for a sell at $100 and it hits $110 can I set it somehow to not sell at $100 and keep going on up so if it runs up to say $200 it stays in for that run up? Is that something to do with the - gain setting?

Thanks

Yes, the mArgin maker bot is by no means perfect, but it can make big gains in many situations.

As for which value to set the Min Effective Gain to, well it really depends on the course and particular pair you are trading on. You can practice things out by choosing one of the demo markets from the drop down list.

As for what you want the mArgin maker bot to do in your last suggestion - it's not possible now. Once it sells it switches to buy mode and will only switch back again once the buy has gone through.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Firstly,
It will be a reminder for a feature which will be really great in my opinion,
When we started a bot, let user to configure it while bot is running.
or simply pause change parameter and resume.

Secondly
for margin maker bot sometimes tracking open-close points are way too much that margin maker can not realize the orders in a given margin percentage.
there can be an option to select tracking the open-close points of candles instead of high-low points of candles.

and an overview table style window which is giving the information of all active orders, all bots status etc...

Best Regards.

Another Feature Request;

Bittrex has a Auto-Sell mode for miners, but it is selling automatically from the market price when balance occurs.

Leonardo can have a better option like,

Auto-limit-sell-order which updates itself when balance increase.

So my rig will be mining, I create a Auto-limit-sell-order from leonardo for the price that I target to sell,
When pool sends my coins to wallet, leonardo updates order with the new balance.

periodically I am checking my balance and update sell orders for the coin that I am mining.
For miners it will be an attractive feature, 

Best Regards

Bitrated user: drnk.
Skatter

Activity: 89

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 02:37:05 PM

quick question.
Do i have to be logged in to bittrex on my browser to be able to bot trade on LeonArdo?

I want to sleep but only have the bot on and not the browser open
Thanks

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 02:54:48 PM

quick question.
Do i have to be logged in to bittrex on my browser to be able to bot trade on LeonArdo?

I want to sleep but only have the bot on and not the browser open
Thanks

Hi Skatter,

That's no problem! You can work with leonArdo without being logged into the exchange through a browser.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 02:55:57 PM

We want one too.

Wink

Actually, that would be great! Will we have the ability to run strategies that don't include buys? Seems like an odd request but it would be very useful Cheesy

Sure, once we have it you will be able to create whatever kind of strategy you like.

rtbit

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 09:44:53 PM

We want one too.

Wink

Sure, once we have it you will be able to create whatever kind of strategy you like.

So its comeing? strategy editor to create my own strategys?
didi-man

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 01:44:04 PM

Thanks for your message.

The margin maker can move up or down with the course but to allow it do that you need to set a minus Min Effective Gain.

Showing the amount of the second currency, in your case USDT, in the mArgin maker is missing but can be quickly checked by switching to the manual tab. Not ideal I know, but we will add it to the mArgin maker soon.

The difference between relative and absolute stop is that absolute sets a fixed price and relative is set a percentage amount away from the last buy.

The "Bot can increase trading amount" option allows the bot to increase the amount it uses to trade so that it can get a total more than the minimum tradable allowed. As the total is amount*price, the total the bot uses can fall below what's allowed by the market if the price decreases. Having this option turned on will allow the bot to continue to trade.

I hope that helps.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

[/quote]

It would mean unless we set  minus - Min Effective Gain The margin maker strategy will not move up/down with prices and bot will be buying and selling within red lines, same as static ping pong.

Example, current price of LTC is $70, I set Min Eff Gain to MINUS - 50%,  3% profit take
Bot buys at $70 BUT then price drops to $55,  What does bot do in this case? Doubles down or waits for LTC to rise above $70 to sell?

Every time market goes down you end up with coin that was bought higher then current marker price, how MArgin maker manages this situation?

Ashen One

Activity: 8

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 04:18:18 PM

Feature Request
I'm currently trading on Bittrex manually and really need a Trailing Stop Loss feature for manual trades. A simple Stop Loss that could be changed would be the minimum solution. This feature should be usable across all supported exchanges. Please add to an upgrade soon. Thanks.

Thanks for your suggestion. We will definitely add this feature soon.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

Sounds very cool. I'm looking forward to it.
I am also offering to add the thing similar to "Trailing stop" but which will help to catch the Dip instead of max High.

With these functions while getting trade signals we need only set "Trailing dip/high" and then just watch.

I think it would be great impact to manual trading in your programm. What do you think?
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2017, 05:41:01 PM
Last edit: September 09, 2017, 07:09:51 PM by leonArdo@margin

We want one too.

Wink

So its comeing? strategy editor to create my own strategys?

We are working on it Smiley We will keep you guys updated on an ETA.

Edit: Actually we can't say right now how long it will take. It is definitely a few releases away, but in the meantime there are some cool features coming...

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2017, 07:18:34 PM

Thanks for your message.

The margin maker can move up or down with the course but to allow it do that you need to set a minus Min Effective Gain.

Showing the amount of the second currency, in your case USDT, in the mArgin maker is missing but can be quickly checked by switching to the manual tab. Not ideal I know, but we will add it to the mArgin maker soon.

The difference between relative and absolute stop is that absolute sets a fixed price and relative is set a percentage amount away from the last buy.

The "Bot can increase trading amount" option allows the bot to increase the amount it uses to trade so that it can get a total more than the minimum tradable allowed. As the total is amount*price, the total the bot uses can fall below what's allowed by the market if the price decreases. Having this option turned on will allow the bot to continue to trade.

I hope that helps.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

It would mean unless we set  minus - Min Effective Gain The margin maker strategy will not move up/down with prices and bot will be buying and selling within red lines, same as static ping pong.

Example, current price of LTC is $70, I set Min Eff Gain to MINUS - 50%,  3% profit take
Bot buys at $70 BUT then price drops to $55,  What does bot do in this case? Doubles down or waits for LTC to rise above $70 to sell?

Every time market goes down you end up with coin that was bought higher then current marker price, how MArgin maker manages this situation?

No. The mArgin maker is NOT like the static ping bot. Those red areas are dynamic. They grow and shrink depending on what happened in the history window you selected. They emcompass the lowest buy and and highest sell during that time. The mArgin maker is always constrained by this area. But it's not the only factor that determines where it will place an order. The parameters you set also affect it. So you can tell the bot to never sell below a certain price or buy above a certain price. And you can tell the bot what kind of gain you expect using the Min. effective gain.

Imagine the case where you make a sell, but the course keeps rising. If you the Min effective gain set to a positive amount the bot must wait until the price drops again under the sell price that was executed. However, if you set it to be negative then you allow the bot to place a buy order at a higher price (still in the red area) than the sell. In doing so it will make an initial loss, but the idea is that thereafter it can make further gains.

It's a risk though which you have to be prepared to take.

Practice on the demo market first! You can't lose anything that way!

Best wishes,
Jonathan

shariqkhan

Activity: 24

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 09:35:16 PM

There are not many videos on the bot, is there any tutorial on what parameters should be set to for margin maker, how far back in time, what market conditions suit each strategy etc

Are there many variables to set?

I completely agree.

@Jonathan , my most humble requests to you to add a couple more videos and some more documentation to at least explain different controls/ and options and specially the 'Margin Maker'
I have used it infrequently due to some hectic schedule; I would like to be able to use it more. But from whatever I have seen, I am still not able to understand a couple of things.

1. I cant seem to figure out how to go back in timeline. Maybe this can be done using  mouse scrollwheel, but I dont have one. I am on a laptop and I cant find out ow to move backwords.
2. I am also not able to get how to zoom into a timeframe.
3. When I right click on the 'Strategy' cion, it prompts me to enter a name for the strategy to be saved. But the strategy never gets saved. I cant see it in the list of strategies when I click on 'Add strategy'. Is it because I am on a demo version
4. Still not able to figure out how the margin maker works.

Also attaching a screenshot.

https://image.prntscr.com/image/aw8oySIwSN2kqklmjTVNKQ.png
From the screenshot it can be seen that effective gain is 0.28% and I put the 'Min effective gain' as 0. The bot placed 2 buy orders at 0.7015002 and 0.7021193 respectively.
The bot then placed the sell order at 0.0705001.

Question:
1. How does the bot decide what value to out the buy order at? Is it depend on the market prices at that time? Or it it because of its algorithm? Or does it depend only on the values I put in different settings?
2. Since I have given the 'Min eff gain' as 0, how does the bot decide what gain to aim for?

@Jonathan,
I am sorry to be bugging you with my questions. But I have so much good reviews about leonardo that I really want to buy the software and start trading with it. But may be iI am such an idiot that I am not able to figure out the settings. All the settings I have tried have resulted either in loss or a sell that just keeps on waiting to be filled for 2-3 days. There is definitely something wrong with my configuration.
I dont want to miss out on such a great tool due to me not being able to understand the settings right. But there is so little documentation/tutorial available that it is hard to get things right. So, please if you can, many newbies like me would appreciate it if you put up some tutorials.

Thanks
Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 ... 246 »
  Print  

Jump to: