Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:09:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 [1050] 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 ... 1126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1234004 times)
CryptoRobert

Activity: 1015
Merit: 289

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 11:24:30 PM

Where did you get that 100% anonymous claim? Nothing is as black and white as 100% anonymous or 100% KYC. Bitcoin is also not 100% anonymous. Bytes are not 100% anonymous, blackbytes are anonymous (don't know what percentage). Even Monero is not 100% anonymous.

As far as I know Blackbytes are 100% anonymous, and they are so untrackable that this makes it in fact impossible to trade them on centralized exchanges.
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tarmo888

Activity: 563
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2018, 11:59:06 PM
Last edit: November 30, 2018, 12:40:24 AM by tarmo888

Where did you get that 100% anonymous claim? Nothing is as black and white as 100% anonymous or 100% KYC. Bitcoin is also not 100% anonymous. Bytes are not 100% anonymous, blackbytes are anonymous (don't know what percentage). Even Monero is not 100% anonymous.

As far as I know Blackbytes are 100% anonymous, and they are so untrackable that this makes it in fact impossible to trade them on centralized exchanges.

There is no such thing as 100% anonymous, not even with TOR. There is no 100% anonymity because there is always cost for that anonymity, that's why Monero is slow and expensive. Also, most people will reveal themselves some other way (usually they befriend undercover FBI agents) even if they use the most anonymous currency. Ross Ulbricht didn't get caught because of Bitcoin semi-anonymity, he got caught because he needed to learn how to use TOR with PHP on StackOverflow.

What makes Blackbytes "impossible" to trade on centralized exchanges is that it would not be anonymous if it goes through centralized exchange, you will be trusting your anonymity to the centralized exchange. It's not impossible, it's just very unfriendly for any exchange to do, because it would go against their purpose. Adding it to centralized exchange would be same kind of stupid thing as ETFs, which are no different than how current banks work. People should have their own private keys, not let others hold their money.
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2018, 12:22:59 AM

What tarmo888's hiding: With the again crazy distribution method people get bites that don't really do anything with it. - KYC sheep are only interested in Fiat.

I'm sure the team is aware of that. Which makes the suspicion stronger that these tricks are really about something completely different.

The team is obviously not interested in creating a benefit that ultimately leads to broad acceptance.
Proof:

This is not how it works, nobody forces you to use Byteball like government forces you to use the fiat. You pick whatever cryptocurrency that suits for you by doing the research what the coin is about. If you want sell your Blackbytes on something, go build that something or convince somebody else to build it for you. You are not convincing anybody at the moment because you think that you can force others to do something (also not how open-source works).

Nobody is forcing you to participate where you think that the amount of privacy you give away is not worth it. You can still use Byteball even if you don't do KYC and your personal info is safe in your wallet, not on public database. Not everybody who does KYC is interested in withdrawing to shitty fiat currencies, many do KYC in order to buy cryptocurrencies legally.

Whales get it only when people who don't understand cryptocurrencies sell their coins, so instead of spreading FUD and causing the price to drop, we should educate them not to sell. Bitcoin would not have dropped so low either if there wouldn't be so many people who don't understand the value (it's not privacy, blockchains are public) in cryptocurrencies. Then again, it probably wouldn't ever gone so high either.
Thul

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 07:29:42 AM
Last edit: November 30, 2018, 07:41:46 AM by Thul

On a decentralized market, where you can also buy goods and services for black bites, they are very easy to trade.
But the team is not interested in meaningful developments that massively increase the benefits.

The intention must be different.

KYC... unbelievable...

Hint to the speculators: A benefit also increases the value and thus also the price of the currency.
funcho

Activity: 153
Merit: 2

do your own research

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2018, 11:56:52 AM

careful when you change the HUB Roll Eyes

i inserted byteball.com/bb instead of byteball.org/bb now my wallet crashes each time i try to restore with seed
still haven't fixed it
deleting the /users/byteball folder doesn't help

https://bit.ly/bittmex
whotheff

Activity: 762
Merit: 35

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2018, 01:35:07 PM

OMG again. KYC your mom russian spies
You made me laugh Pineapple Express Cheesy Cheesy
So, Russophobia makes your day? Your blend of humor, what you like is when somebody says something phobic? Or did the Your Mom joke make you laugh? Shouldn't you be in bed already?

You are right. Why do you have distributed network, e-mail confirmation, encrypted connection,
anonymous payments... and then you KYC. What is the point then?
Point is, you can't distribute coin that doesn't have mining without creating whales if you don't make sure that the addresses belong to different people. 1 address is not 1 user. Kind of insane that you still don't get the basics of being anonymous and how cryptocurrencies work (you can create as many addresses you want, all transactions are on public database).

I think this coin needs to decide if it is going to be 100% anonymous
or 100% KYC. Having both in one coin seems to bee too hard for the team
or too hard in general when combined with mass adoption and anti-whale.

@Tarmo88 - sorry, cannot install another chat app just to monitor progress.
I'll visit btctalk from time to time.
You do not need an app for that, you register there http://slack.byteball.org/ and you chat there https://byteball.slack.com/ (no app, web browser)

Instead of giving Byteballs for free, consider proven method with bounties
for articles, nodes, promo videos, guides, translations, etc.
That way you will atleast get some work done for the project.
Byteball has #grants (Slack channel) for developers and bounties for translations via Utopian.io
It even had contest for writers https://www.reddit.com/r/ByteBall/comments/9ud8j5/writers_wanted_new_byteball_contest/
Some people (except you) work on Byteball every day and they don't come to Bitcointalk to whine. Others who don't work on Byteball, just keep themselves up to date, so they wouldn't embarrass themselves claiming something that is not true (that's you).

1. Russophobia? LoL Smiley Hell no! It's the sentence just sounds hilarious in my native language (imagine Arnold Schwarzenegger saying it Cheesy). Please excuse me if my sense of humor offends you.

2. Yes, you can distribute the coin evenly without creating (lazy) whales
I'm new to this coin. I opened the BTC talk thread and red the first page. Did not see any bounties.
Installed the wallet, saw there were some bots, verified my e-mail. and got some Byteballs (the claim was $10 worth, but i actually got $0.01).
Then i started mining and searching for a way to acquire more of it. I found what a witness is, I found there are nodes, but you get nothing for running them.
Plus, they require some Linux skills. Then i started asking questions. Thanks to the people here (and also you) I learned more. I was amazed how a simple wallet can accomodate hybrid coin which has both: a regular coin, mineable via WCG (where you also help anti-cancer research) and an Anonymous equivalent. Then you add automatic bots which work very well plus high speed of transactions (seconds!). I started wondering why it is not famous!?

Then i visit the last topic and it says there that you have to KYC to obtain coins. I see no clear vision for development and no action plan. So i suggested ways for people to be paid for spreading the coin. My intention is to help it grow.

I'm also interested in other coins and i monitor their progress for a long time. I can see this coin work by creating a lot of bounties for it (translations of: wallet, whitepaper, BTC talk tread, articles, videos, twitter posts, signature bounties you name it!), spreading the news among CPU mineable forums, threads is a must. Creating an exchange will boost things a lot. Creating a real-world use for the coin will shoot it sky-high.  How to avoid script kiddies to create thousands of wallets and just wait for the drop? By making them earn those coins! In other cryptos they had the same problem. Referral bonus was high, so they got thousands of fake referrals. How did they fight that: 1 week delay before referral payment, so they can check for scam. They were sifting them manually until one day they implemented AI bot to do this and since then it runs flawlessly.

All this means there are ways to do it right, just use the carrot.

Thul

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 02:00:28 PM

.. I started wondering why it is not famous!?
Because the benefit is missing and the team persistently refuses to develop one.
Instead, for months, one mischief has followed another. Of course without any coordination with the community (i.e. the people outside the filter bubble).

The project management's sense of reality is generally not very pronounced. So it took two years until they were able to change this unspeakable naming hopefully soon.
whotheff

Activity: 762
Merit: 35

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2018, 03:10:10 PM

Because the benefit is missing and the team persistently refuses to develop one.
Instead, for months, one mischief has followed another. Of course without any coordination with the community (i.e. the people outside the filter bubble).

The project management's sense of reality is generally not very pronounced. So it took two years until they were able to change this unspeakable naming hopefully soon.

Sorry to hear that, I really liked the project idea.

Thul

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 04:08:44 PM

Sorry to hear that, I really liked the project idea.
The project idea is excellent. That's why I'm still here.
Only the team shines with arrogance and ignorance and an absurd misjudgement of reality.

This is no coincidence:
"Byteball Bytes price equal to 27.942 USD at 2018-11-30, but your current investment may be devalued in the future."
https://walletinvestor.com/forecast/byteball-bytes-prediction

Regularly the project could already be in the top 10 - if some maniacs didn't have the control.
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2018, 07:24:19 PM

The project idea is excellent. That's why I'm still here.
Only the team shines with arrogance and ignorance and an absurd misjudgement of reality.

This is no coincidence:
"Byteball Bytes price equal to 27.942 USD at 2018-11-30, but your current investment may be devalued in the future."
https://walletinvestor.com/forecast/byteball-bytes-prediction

Regularly the project could already be in the top 10 - if some maniacs didn't have the control.

The fact that you still quote WalletInvestor means that you don't know what you are talking about and you don't know how that site works. Here is what that site thinks about Ethereum:
Will Ethereum price drop / fall?
Yes. The price of Ethereum may drop from 114.272 USD to 0.000001 USD. The change will be -100.00%.
https://walletinvestor.com/forecast/ethereum-prediction
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2018, 07:49:08 PM
Last edit: November 30, 2018, 08:24:29 PM by tarmo888

1. Russophobia? LoL Smiley Hell no! It's the sentence just sounds hilarious in my native language (imagine Arnold Schwarzenegger saying it Cheesy). Please excuse me if my sense of humor offends you.

2. Yes, you can distribute the coin evenly without creating (lazy) whales
I'm new to this coin. I opened the BTC talk thread and red the first page. Did not see any bounties.
Installed the wallet, saw there were some bots, verified my e-mail. and got some Byteballs (the claim was $10 worth, but i actually got $0.01).
Then i started mining and searching for a way to acquire more of it. I found what a witness is, I found there are nodes, but you get nothing for running them.
Plus, they require some Linux skills. Then i started asking questions. Thanks to the people here (and also you) I learned more. I was amazed how a simple wallet can accomodate hybrid coin which has both: a regular coin, mineable via WCG (where you also help anti-cancer research) and an Anonymous equivalent. Then you add automatic bots which work very well plus high speed of transactions (seconds!). I started wondering why it is not famous!?

Then i visit the last topic and it says there that you have to KYC to obtain coins. I see no clear vision for development and no action plan. So i suggested ways for people to be paid for spreading the coin. My intention is to help it grow.

I'm also interested in other coins and i monitor their progress for a long time. I can see this coin work by creating a lot of bounties for it (translations of: wallet, whitepaper, BTC talk tread, articles, videos, twitter posts, signature bounties you name it!), spreading the news among CPU mineable forums, threads is a must. Creating an exchange will boost things a lot. Creating a real-world use for the coin will shoot it sky-high.  How to avoid script kiddies to create thousands of wallets and just wait for the drop? By making them earn those coins! In other cryptos they had the same problem. Referral bonus was high, so they got thousands of fake referrals. How did they fight that: 1 week delay before referral payment, so they can check for scam. They were sifting them manually until one day they implemented AI bot to do this and since then it runs flawlessly.

All this means there are ways to do it right, just use the carrot.

If you said that you were suppose to get $10 with email attestation then it would mean that you are Estonian or e-resident of Estonia or from Harvard University (I doubt). I speak Estonian and that Russophobic your mama joke doesn't sound funny in Estonian, not even when Arnold Schwarzenegger would say it.

Read the whitepaper again, witnesses get commissions, but the price is so low that it is not yet profitable. Bitcoin full nodes don't get payed either, only miners do. Mining is a shitty method to distribute coins, Bitcoin does it because they need to secure the network anyways like that. Byteball doesn't have mining (WCG is not mining, just reward for doing something good). You run a full node when you need it for your business, nobody runs a full node for profit. If you want to help the network then you should be running a relay (full node which accepts incoming connections). You can ask money for running a Hub and give access to that Hub only to people who pay for it or ask donations. But if you are running some business that uses Byteball then it's like any server costs, earning money with it doesn't have to be written into the platform. Build useful bots that people would pay money for.

You do NOT need to do KYC to obtain coins. In your response you gave examples how to get the coins with WCG (that's already one way how to get bytes without KYC, sign up with any disposable email). There is clear vision of development and action plan, i think you are not following newsletter or blog https://medium.com/byteball
There is translation bounties, but via Utopian.io because people just Machine Translated everything, so Byteball switched to more reliable community of translators. Also, translations are really small part of distribution, you can't just distribute everything to translators.
There was Twitter and Bitcointalk bounties for Byteball, but everybody hated them because these were mostly spam from same people (you still don't understand that if you are anonymous then 1 address doesn't equal 1 user).
There was also Youtube competition long time ago and writers competition recently https://www.reddit.com/r/ByteBall/comments/9ud8j5/writers_wanted_new_byteball_contest/
There is Telegram faucet for Byteball that got destroyed by script kiddies.

I think you need to learn more about Byteball. Byteball referral systems are improving with every new distribution method, it used to be that you just needed to link with Bitcoin address (again 1 address doesn't equal 1 user), but now there is 1 year vesting (delayed referral payment with smart-contract - no need for AI) on new distributions. Also, it used to be that you needed to send other person bytes to become a referral, now there is possible to scan a QR code or visit referral link or copy-paste a referral code. Also, there is now smart-vouchers, which act as referrals too.
Marc De Mesel

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

The Best Investment Deserves The Largest Exposure

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 10:52:03 AM

The Byteball Platform - Thoughts on a Rebrand

Greetings Byteball Community and Team.

My apologies for such a long post, and a re-post from our Reddit thread, but I felt some may not see it otherwise and that a full explanation was in order...

It's been a long time since I've posted ...

Great post and kudos to you for seeing cancelling the airdrop fully was a mistake, I didn't see it at the time but now have to admit it would have been better to drastically reduced airdrops over time instead.

Good for you u got out and missed the largest drop in price.

Happy to see ppl like you join the project again, I would not sell your domains for small profit but instead keep them, and keeping the power that comes with it if the names you propose get adopted, crypto is supposed to be decentralised in different ways, domain name ownership being one of them.

Thanks so much for all your contributions.

Early Bitcoin, Byteball & Bitcoin Cash Investor. Loving Voluntarysm, Lambos & Girls Wink
Check out my: https://youtube.com/user/Marcdemesel - https://twitter.com/marcdemesel & https://instagram.com/marc_de_mesel
pineapple express

Activity: 630

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 01:58:42 PM

I had a hunch: Only those who drop their pants (KYC) are allowed to play along.  Grin

Do you have any actually ideas how to distribute coins so whales don't get it (whale can be any script-kiddie who finds a loophole). Nobody wants a coin, where most of it is owned by whales, that is no way different than fiat currencies. Why are you even here, Byteball clearly doesn't fit with what you want, go buy some Monero.
most of balls already owned by Max Kordek
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2018, 02:43:51 PM

I had a hunch: Only those who drop their pants (KYC) are allowed to play along.  Grin

Do you have any actually ideas how to distribute coins so whales don't get it (whale can be any script-kiddie who finds a loophole). Nobody wants a coin, where most of it is owned by whales, that is no way different than fiat currencies. Why are you even here, Byteball clearly doesn't fit with what you want, go buy some Monero.
most of balls already owned by Max Kordek

Why do you need to spread FUD all the time? Do you even know what "most" means?

Max Kordek (or actually Lisk Foundation) owns 17 377.989853045 GByte, the circulating supply of Byteball is currently 662 811 GByte (probably because Byteball Foundation bytes are not in circulation yet), which makes Lisk Foundation share to be 2.6% of circulating supply.
Total supply of Byteball is 1 000 000, which makes Lisk Foundation to own 1.7% of total supply.
Does 2.6% or 1.7% look like "most" to you?

Are you also one of those who doesn't understand that 1 address doesn't equal 1 user? There could be easily somebody who has more bytes than Lisk Foundation because the airdrop to BTC users, but it would still not be "most", which means over 50%.

https://blog.lisk.io/financial-report-2016-7e68cdd13b12
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/byteball/
http://transition.byteball.org/
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1103

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 04:13:18 PM

Did any large ICOs participate in the air drop that weren't from Russia? Or were waves and lisk the only known ICOs to participate?
pineapple express

Activity: 630

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 05:19:09 PM
Last edit: December 01, 2018, 05:33:39 PM by pineapple express

Max Kordek (or actually Lisk Foundation) owns 17 377.989853045 GByte
You continue to demonstrate your ignorance
https://blog.lisk.io/financial-report-2016-7e68cdd13b12 Dec 31, 2016
https://explorer.byteball.org/#XCQ3LC6BSRGLPKC6LDQBTHZBKHLGIS5B  62242 GByte Dec 1, 2018

Did any large ICOs participate in the air drop that weren't from Russia? Or were waves and lisk the only known ICOs to participate?
Iconomi and Komodo at least
With an ICONOMI balance of 6900 BTC, ICONOMI’s stake in the first distribution of bytes represents 9.766% of initial distribution, making it the second largest participant. https://medium.com/iconominet/iconomi-acquires-9-766-of-byteball-initial-distribution-free-of-charge-cd9c4a5d49ac
Komodo gets more funding through #Byteball snapshot https://twitter.com/komodoplatform/status/807641366713028608

tarmo888

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2018, 06:31:50 PM

Max Kordek (or actually Lisk Foundation) owns 17 377.989853045 GByte
You continue to demonstrate your ignorance
https://blog.lisk.io/financial-report-2016-7e68cdd13b12 Dec 31, 2016
https://explorer.byteball.org/#XCQ3LC6BSRGLPKC6LDQBTHZBKHLGIS5B  62242 GByte Dec 1, 2018

Not sure why these numbers don't match, but 62k is still 9.4% of current circulation supply and 6.2% of total supply.

If he did buy 45k as additional for the Lisk Foundation then it's great, at least someone influential believes in Byteball and doesn't come to whine here all the time.

Seems they did get more because 2017 report shows more than 2016 https://blog.lisk.io/financial-report-may-2017-ee51f2a6570b
jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 06:43:40 PM

Parsing the semantics of "most" doesn't change the fact that distribution is pretty fukt.

So currently maybe 30-50% of bytes held by scammy ICOs?
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2018, 07:02:58 PM

Parsing the semantics of "most" doesn't change the fact that distribution is pretty fukt.

Bitcoin airdrop was fukt idea, since Steem attestation, there has been 1 year vesting contract, so if people still sell and somebody hoards them, it is out of Byteball control. Welcome to cryptocurrencies, everybody can do anything with their money.
jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 07:13:53 PM

Bitcoin airdrop was fukt idea, since Steem attestation, there has been 1 year vesting contract, so if people still sell and somebody hoards them, it is out of Byteball control. Welcome to cryptocurrencies, everybody can do anything with their money.

Kind of funny how you call bitcoin coinbase distribution method shitty a few posts ago, but byteball is basically owned by ICOs with a few crumbs now going to account farmers and bot netters, while bitcoin has the widest and truly the fairest distribution of any coin in all likelihood (you can't fake proof of work, you gotta burn to earn).
Pages: « 1 ... 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 [1050] 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 ... 1126 »
  Print  

Jump to: