Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:57:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 [216] 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049460 times)
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 06:05:20 PM

They is a need to have more e-commerce websites using bitcoin as their medium of exchange. Definitely not enough has been done to promote the useability of btc..

Agreed, and for people searching solely for profit, this is where the biggest returns lie. It also require more effort than purchasing a machine from a manufacturer and switching it on. Both are currently ground floor entry, but more needs to be done promoting and encouraging expenditure in BTC...and the time is ripe now to get involved!

HUH?     LOOK....

I see adaptation happening with a quickness...   (My 2 Centz)

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
WastedLTC

Activity: 776
Merit: 536

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 06:19:00 PM

I already purchased the shipping for my units.  I did ask KNC if I select the hosting now, will I get the shipping refunded.  They said they will refund the shipping cost and when the hosting contract is up, they will have a charge to ship the unit.

(In case anyone else was wondering that.)

Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 06:28:20 PM

I already purchased the shipping for my units.  I did ask KNC if I select the hosting now, will I get the shipping refunded.  They said they will refund the shipping cost and when the hosting contract is up, they will have a charge to ship the unit.

(In case anyone else was wondering that.)

Makes sense, in case couriers change their pricing structure, or KnC change their preferred courier...

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
gateway

Activity: 552

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 06:41:34 PM

Looks like avalon is sending out their batches now, one of the first big orders made it out, im going to be aug is going to see a huge increase in hash rate/diff.. I just hope KNC delivers early aug instead of the end..

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=177827.msg2790248#msg2790248

You mean September...
Yes.. sorry typed to fast w/o thinking Smiley
Micky25
Legendary

Activity: 974

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 06:43:44 PM

Current price in Norway is $0.064 and Iceland is even lower: $0.0187 Grin

Ehh.. There only $0.031/kwh in Ukraine, but very possible problems with customs. Embarrassed

hi, i pay in germany 0,29 €/kwh thats 0,385 $/kwh and this is one of the cheaper contracts in this region.

WTF! I'm getting sick and tired of this country more and more every day. How can it be that ukranian power can be generated/sold more than 10 times cheaper than german? Icelandic nearly 30 times cheaper???

We have the highest taxes, highest public expenditure quota, highest fuel prices, highest working life years, highest energy costs and get in return such wonderful things as worst life quality, the worlds most complicated taxation system, the most boring society and cities on the world, the least amount of leisure time, the highest retirement age and the lowest net earnings.

I can't wait to emigrate, germany must be the asshole of the world.  Sad
Crypto_Cumbrian

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 06:48:31 PM

Ehh.. There only $0.031/kwh in Ukraine, but very possible problems with customs. Embarrassed

hi, i pay in germany 0,29 €/kwh thats 0,385 $/kwh and this is one of the cheaper contracts in this region.

WTF! I'm getting sick and tired of this country more and more every day. How can it be that ukranian power can be generated/sold more than 10 times cheaper than german? Icelandic nearly 30 times cheaper???

We have the highest taxes, highest public expenditure quota, highest fuel prices, highest working life years, highest energy costs and get in return such wonderful things as worst life quality, the worlds most complicated taxation system, the most boring society and cities on the world, the least amount of leisure time, the highest retirement age and the lowest net earnings.

Well you did Get David Hasselhoff to Number 1.

That's karma.

;-)
rangedriver

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 07:03:01 PM

Well... seeing as you guys are propping up the entire Eurozone... is it really any wonder?
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 07:03:20 PM
Last edit: July 24, 2013, 07:20:59 PM by Phoenix1969

After having a meeting with colleagues(seperate entities) in a brainstorming session that took over 7 hours, I was compelled to share the following with my genius friends here in the forum to chew on... hope it helps someone...
We had a Pow-wow discussion about the hosting situation at KNC, which we had been excited about such a great deal because our electrical costs here alone seemed to make hosting a bargain. (.43/kwhr is 309.60/month for a Jupiter), so for $350 a month, that's like paying $40.40 per month for hosting a Jupiter with the "Dream Team" as we call KNC...
Then we got the bad news.
Hosting will be up-front. This changes everything.
Ultimately, we decided against having KNC host the 3 Saturns we ordered for the following reasons...
1. The UP-Front policy changed the ROI drastically.
  a. Hosting 3 Saturns for 6 months costs 4200 dollars... up-front
  b. Buying another Saturn costs $3,897.60 here in Hawaii with shipping.  (see where I'm going with this?)
2. Here in Hawaii, the electric cost is the among the highest in the world, literally .43/kw/hr, which comes to $464.40/month for the original 3 Saturns just for electric, or $154.80/month/Saturn; which comes to  $928.80 in electric over the six month contract term for each Saturn here in Hawaii.  That's a difference of $3,271.20 over the 6 month hosting fee, which is the actual cost of hosting a single Saturn after electric for us.
3. Now, instead of spending the $4,200.00 on hosting, if we simply bought another Saturn, we would have increased our hash-rate by 25% (200Gh/s)over that six months for $3,897.60. With a projected ROI of 30 days,(We feel an modest estimate) that would leave us with over 300 dollars, and 5 months of pure hashing profit over the same six months, not to mention that we still have the machine hashing long after that.

To put it more simply; Consider the comparison of up-front hosting fees against the lifetime income potential of the machine, minus electric.

We argued other points, like how much we could make in the few days it took to ship versus hosting, which was an attractive point since we are literally on the other side of the world, and what we could stand to loose if the package took 10 to 14 days to arrive.... but with every calculation, the numbers were negligible in comparison to the lifetime ownership of another machine.

Now, if We were able to pay on a month-to month basis during the 6 month term, we would have certainly went for hosting straight away, due to the drastically lower start-up costs. (Hint to Sam & Andreas)

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
titomane

Activity: 389
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 07:17:06 PM

Do not forget, in Spain our salary is half that of the Germans. We pay for everything like you. Except housing here costs twice.
But there are much worse even than Spain.

Sorry for topic

klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 07:45:58 PM

I was hoping not to have to post it here, but I think I have to in order to have any chance of getting my refund.
I am not biased against KnC or trolling, in fact I feel bad for not knowing them when pre-orders were open.
I decided though I don't want to buy a miner that ships in October (with the new orders).
When I saw the hosting options I got crazy - I thought I did not have to buy the miner and the offer seemed unbelievable.
Unfortunately the site is not very helpful to see this.
It was only later when I discovered here that I had to order an ASIC before hosting is enabled.
I think it was a huge mistake to sum the whole period and pre-pay it, it confused many people here as I see.

So I asked for refund (I paid with BTC) but I hate to say I am not very optimist. Here is the mails:

1st:
"Hi,

I saw the hosting offer today and I ordered without having bought a miner previously!
I don't plan to order an item separately so I would like a refund.
I paid in bitcoins so it would be easier for you.

My order is the following:
https://bitpay.com/invoice?id=LqWvUj7FiaatjhfyoMZBoJ4S-TQ8vRDDBEZjKa2kV1g=

Thank you in advance and sorry for the misunderstanding.

Best regards,
kLee"

2nd (just to make sure they have an address):
"My btc address is:
xxxx"

3rd:
"Hi,

Any feedback?"

Reply:
"Hi,

I’m assuming you plan to have a hosted miner. If you order a miner and make a note in with the order number of the hosting we can link them together.

Thanks,
Carl
Med vänlig hälsning  |  Best regards
Carl Sidenvall, customer services  
Kncminer
www.kncminer.com
Office: +46 8559 253 20"

4th:
"Hi,

I am not interested in purchasing a miner thank you.
I thought the prices for hosting were without having to buy a miner!

I live in Greece so with actually buying a miner I would prefer it shipped to me at that prices, hosting would not be
the optimal option!

Regards,
kLee"

No reply since then!
I forgot to say I phoned to the company yesterday (before the mail) and a guy said to mail the support.
First mail was send after that yesterday.
The rest today.
Their reply was 4:24PM local time (now it is 10:45PM).

I hope they will send my refund, no money for buying a miner unfortunately else maybe I would consider ordering a Mercury and paying the difference (though I don't believe it is wise - better go 2xJupiter to be sure with the rise in difficulty).

The whole hosting issue and reluctance to refund me immediately in bitcoins is kind of a red flag IMHO.

Peace.

EDIT: My English are not good because I don't have time for revision before posting, sorry guys...

merv77

Activity: 574

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 07:53:42 PM

I wouldn't panic, once they understand your mistake I'm sure they'll refund.
WastedLTC

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 07:56:29 PM

I agree.   Also don't forget-- when you pay with BTC, it is converted by BitPay.   It is not like they can send you back the BTC that you paid with.  

It will be interesting if you get BTC or FIAT back,  let us know how it turns out.  I don't think you should worry though.
Micky25
Legendary

Activity: 974

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 07:56:45 PM

Sorry for starting OT from me as well!!  Cry

Well you did Get David Hasselhoff to Number 1.

That's karma.

;-)

that must definitively be one of the reasons of the current situation. Maybe some kind of evil spell that still works.

Well... seeing as you guys are propping up the entire Eurozone... is it really any wonder?

I and everyone I know are not aware of this, maybe some of our 'political leaders' are blamable, but, we lost control over these guys long time ago....

Do not forget, in Spain our salary is half that of the Germans. We pay for everything like you. Except housing here costs twice.
But there are much worse even than Spain.

Sorry for topic

but you guys have the most beautyful women, places, beaches, food and climate in whole Europe. Sure you want to change? I don't see too much Spaniards in Germany  Wink there must be some reasons  Cheesy

Watch out, the grass typically looks greener from the other side of the fence, but once you get there it tends to fade.

Heck, I picture Germany as a utopian paradise, compared to the shit stain canada I live in, but I am sure it isn't the case.

Strange, quite a lot of germans dream of emigrating to Canada and talk about a country where milk and honey flows in rivers and roasted chickens fly right into your mouth. Somebody must be lying. To both of us.  Embarrassed

klee
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 07:57:15 PM

I don't panic but I have to admit the lack of feedback is annoying - I have a bad experience in this (only this) with Terrahash so go figure... Tongue
klee
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 07:59:06 PM

I agree.   Also don't forget-- when you pay with BTC, it is converted by BitPay.   It is not like they can send you back the BTC that you paid with.  

It will be interesting if you get BTC or FIAT back,  let us know how it turns out.  I don't think you should worry though.
Sure, I will post any update..
canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 08:09:01 PM

But you do have some of the best traffic laws in the world. There's nothing more frustrating than being on an American highway with a mile of visibility ahead of you and being limited to 65 or at most 80 mph.

WastedLTC

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 08:16:00 PM

You are not factoring in Customs Dutys on your machines as well which will probably be >$500.

I haven't imported anything of this size(value) before to the USA.  Shipping is UPS Overnight but does anyone have any knowledge of how long it will take to get through customs?  Will they impose a tax on it?   

I originally thought 1-3 nights for shipping but I really have nothing to base this on.  I also didn't factor in paying customs duties.   

Can someone with experience chime in? 

Appreciate it.

Ytterbium

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2013, 08:25:38 PM

You are not factoring in Customs Dutys on your machines as well which will probably be >$500.

Huh? Since when did the US start charging people customs duties?

Maybe if you're going import something to resell you're supposed to pay it, but ordering items from overseas? It's not something anyone pays attention too.  We don't have a national VAT or Sales tax, so it's not you'd be avoiding taxes by buying something overseas instead of locally.

titomane

Activity: 389
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 08:31:37 PM

I can't wait to emigrate, germany must be the asshole of the world.  Sad

But you do have some of the best traffic laws in the world. There's nothing more frustrating than being on an American highway with a mile of visibility ahead of you and being limited to 65 or at most 80 mph.

No Speed Limits only in Autobahn

Ytterbium

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2013, 08:36:27 PM

No Speed Limits only in Aotobahn

maybe not for long

a proposal this month to impose a speed limit of 75 mph has set off an election-year battle that has some people questioning a basic tenet of German identity.

The traffic-cop-like suggestion from a top opposition leader challenged Germans to pick two popular obsessions — safety and sustainability — over another: a seemingly primal need to use their 500-horsepower engines to catapult themselves across their country’s gently rolling countryside.

Pages: « 1 ... 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 [216] 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: