Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:00:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 [262] 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049463 times)
FUKT

Activity: 446
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 04:03:57 AM

Can't wait to see news on units beginning to ship.

OP, does the $129 shipping fee cover shipping the unit(s) safely to Australia?

Are you on track with meeting your October / November shipping schedule?

Thanks,

Yes the $129 is for shipping, but remember you will be paying a 10% customs duty on the value of the goods at the time of purchase and another $50 customs fee on every package.

Also, remember that the customs duty is on the value of the goods at time of purchase so if the Australian dollar drops any more than you pay even more for duty.

Something I wasn't aware of, but should have known, thanks for the heads up, you're nickname really does say it all, in this case Wink

Damn customs! - Just as long as I get my package! Smiley
That's not quite accurate. The entire VAT will be at checkout. Customs doesn't make a business of holding packages "Hostage" for duty fees, as most international shippers require all that at checkout.

I hope your wrong about that. All I know is that I didnt pay any VAT at checkout. I already emailed KNC about customs declaration and they will be declaring the value of goods in USD at the time of purchase.

http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page5549.asp

Importing from:   Sweden
Importing to:    Australia  View country guide
The type of product, its value and where it was manufactured
Edit
Product description:   Computer Parts
Product category:   Computer CPU  (Upgrade account to get HS code)
Product value:   US$25000.00
Country of manufacture:   Sweden
The cost of shipping and insurance of importing
Edit
Shipping costs:   US$0.00
Insurance costs:   US$0.00
Calculation results
Edit
Total customs value (FOB):   AU$27893.45   
This is the amount that customs values your import at
- Duty:   AU$0.00
- Customs Service Fee:   AU$55.20
- GST:   AU$2789.34
Total import duty & taxes due:   AU$2844.54   
This is the amount that needs to be paid to customs
Total landed cost:   AU$30737.99   
This is the total cost of importing, including product, shipping, insurance and import duty & taxes
at USD/AUD exchange rate of 1.1157

@Jemvz if you do order let us know, I'm organising local pickup in Stockholm for some Australian buyers, no fee, just cost of shipping.
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jmevz

Activity: 251

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 04:23:29 AM

Can't wait to see news on units beginning to ship.

OP, does the $129 shipping fee cover shipping the unit(s) safely to Australia?

Are you on track with meeting your October / November shipping schedule?

Thanks,

Yes the $129 is for shipping, but remember you will be paying a 10% customs duty on the value of the goods at the time of purchase and another $50 customs fee on every package.

Also, remember that the customs duty is on the value of the goods at time of purchase so if the Australian dollar drops any more than you pay even more for duty.

Something I wasn't aware of, but should have known, thanks for the heads up, you're nickname really does say it all, in this case Wink

Damn customs! - Just as long as I get my package! Smiley
That's not quite accurate. The entire VAT will be at checkout. Customs doesn't make a business of holding packages "Hostage" for duty fees, as most international shippers require all that at checkout.

I hope your wrong about that. All I know is that I didnt pay any VAT at checkout. I already emailed KNC about customs declaration and they will be declaring the value of goods in USD at the time of purchase.

http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page5549.asp

Importing from:   Sweden
Importing to:    Australia  View country guide
The type of product, its value and where it was manufactured
Edit
Product description:   Computer Parts
Product category:   Computer CPU  (Upgrade account to get HS code)
Product value:   US$25000.00
Country of manufacture:   Sweden
The cost of shipping and insurance of importing
Edit
Shipping costs:   US$0.00
Insurance costs:   US$0.00
Calculation results
Edit
Total customs value (FOB):   AU$27893.45   
This is the amount that customs values your import at
- Duty:   AU$0.00
- Customs Service Fee:   AU$55.20
- GST:   AU$2789.34
Total import duty & taxes due:   AU$2844.54   
This is the amount that needs to be paid to customs
Total landed cost:   AU$30737.99   
This is the total cost of importing, including product, shipping, insurance and import duty & taxes
at USD/AUD exchange rate of 1.1157

@Jemvz if you do order let us know, I'm organising local pickup in Stockholm for some Australian buyers, no fee, just cost of shipping.

@FUKT, I'm just looking at your figures, the machine is $2k not $25k, so I don't quite get your figures? I just had a look at your customs link and saw the following table:

Example 3: An importation of goods (other than tobacco products or alcoholic beverages) valued above A$1000
A$

Customs value (Cval)

Customs duty (Duty) @ 5% of Cval

(Payable)

International transport and insurance or postage (T&I)

Value of the Taxable Importation (VoTI) (Cval+Duty+T&I)

Goods and Services Tax (GST) @ 10% of the VoTI

(Payable)

Total payable Duty + GST

* Therefore I would presume to have the item posted over would be $325 customs fee?

Feedback? I've placed the order but haven't paid in full, please bare with me while I get my head around this customs stuff and I'll get back to you on the offer of local pickup, thanks for offering too Smiley - Where are you based, may I ask?

Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 04:29:55 AM

a close friend in Toowoomba paid just over 8k(8200AUD) total for his Jupiter, including VAT & shipping. Hope that helps, but again, you will see it at checkout. You won't be charged before seeing the VAT, just use the dropdown menu & select AUS, its easy

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
FUKT

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 04:50:50 AM

a close friend in Toowoomba paid just over 8k(8200AUD) total for his Jupiter, including VAT & shipping. Hope that helps, but again, you will see it at checkout.

I think you are full of shit, VAT cannot be applied for countries outside EC:

VAT is a tax levied on goods and services consumed in the EC. When goods are exported they are "consumed" outside the EC and to impose VAT on such goods would be contrary to the purpose of the tax. Therefore, the supply of exported goods is zero-rated provided certain conditions are met.

$8200 AUD is wrong.

I assume he brought a jupiter for 6995 + 172 shipping comes to 7167 USD, convert that to AUD comes to 7996.74 which means he paid $204 AUD VAT?Huh?

Anenome5

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 04:53:58 AM

Furthermore, you do realise to continuously double the hash rate, we need to continuously double the network? We are not reaching 3 billion difficulty anytime soon, it's questionable we will reach 1 billion next year.
This is something I've realized as well. You need upfront profitability to make new mining gear worth investing in. This will effectively be gone in January, and anyone with a machine will be cemented in their market share for the foreseeable future, either early next year or certainly by late next year. Gen-2 of KNC will be among the last new devices sold until probably 2017 when we can expect the price of bitcoin to possibly jump again due to the reward halving.

You look at projections should 10 billion by end of next year--never gonna happen with the price of bitcoin at only $100. Makes no sense from a business / profitability standpoint. Everyone would have to stop mining due to electricity costs! So, it won't happen.

In fact, I'd like to see calculators start looking into levelling off their projections to show this fact, as it's now the most important factor in calculating profitability, where difficulty levels off.

KNC is going to want to deliver well on gen-1 because gen-2 will be a much cheaper device and they'll need volume. Not only will it be a cheaper device but it will have to be much, much faster and much more efficient.

Nothing but custom ASIC is going to make any sense after KNC ships.

Everyone with Avalon chip orders right now. Forget it. Get out. Only KNC, Bitfury, and possibly Cointerra if they manage to launch is going to be mining profitably after 1st of the year in terms of selling machines to end-users.

Democracy is the original 51% attack.
Anenome5

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 04:57:47 AM

After investing that much money in hardware, I don't see as many people dropping out as you do.
It's not that they drop out immediately necessarily, it's that returns quickly diminish leading to magnifying losses over time, and the secondary effect is that new investment money won't flow into ASIC-producing companies unless the prices of the machines also come down correspondingly--though they can only go down so far until there's really little point on either side.

merv77

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 05:49:29 AM

@FUKT
this sounds like a good idea..  How many can you handle..?
where in Australia are you from?  I'm in Melb.
how are you going to organize shipping?  Can you bring miners on the plane when you're travel back to AU, or are you thinking shipping company?
do you have any prices yet?

I'm interested if you can handle more units.
FUKT

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 06:08:04 AM

@FUKT
how are you going to organize shipping?  Can you bring miners on the plane when you're travel back to AU, or are you thinking shipping company?

This only works if orders are close together on shipping day, my mate in Sweden wont be happy with multiple runs etc. I'm in Sydney, I will not be flying over, but getting someone to pick up and re ship, the only drawback is I cant put insurance on the boxs as this will be a alarm for customs. No fees involved, just shipping costs etc and maybe a tip for my mate.
Anenome5

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 06:25:52 AM

You probably know that most of their NRE costs are 3rd party costs, which they have to pay before they will have any ASICs in their hands.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but they can only refund customers with money they still have, can't they?
HyperMega;
You know any 28NM foundries that let you book space or will even give you a QUOTE on a wafer run before you design is complete and submitted to them?   Any idea on the advance notice you need right now to get a 28nm lot done?   Money in June to get through vetting process, then they would sign an NDA and start designing, then submittal, then quote, then booking, then wafers, then chips, then..........How many days between June 15 and end of September (math was never my thing)?
This could be a record.

Except that they were plugged into Orsoc's existing relationships with fabs, not starting from scratch like other companies. So... not.

AussieHash

Activity: 692

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 06:28:56 AM

@FUKT

I also live in melbourne and have 2 October Jupiter orders paid for late July.
I don't see the advantage of having it posted back by someone other than KnC who have said they will post at cost.

If you were there in person and were carrying it in luggage you might save GST if applicable but is there any other advantage ? And who would want to shop $16000 worth of goods without insurance ?

M
Anenome5

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 06:43:00 AM

does the $129 shipping fee cover shipping the unit(s) safely to Australia?

AussieHash

Activity: 692

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 08:06:43 AM

I see now

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=2132715&p=2

10% Import Duty
10% GST
Then processing and handling fees for customs.
jmevz

Activity: 251

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 09:21:43 AM

Harsh posties!

canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 12:18:03 PM

Whats the customs fees on shipping to the US?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=170332.msg2797396#msg2797396

Comments have been made that this is included in the UPS shipping charges, but I'm not sure that anyone has verified this. Either way, it's minimal.

canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 12:53:36 PM

Harsh posties!

Having worked at UPS, I can say that I would not ship anything that I would not be comfortable dropping 3 ft onto a concrete floor. That's about the average treatment a package gets from the less gentle handlers. The good news is that UPS/Fedex/etc are automating nearly everything nowadays so there are many fewer human touches a package gets. Still, there's a reason that you want insurance.

OmegaNemesis28

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 12:55:13 PM

When does the "upgrade" window close. I'm still debating about upgrading my Mercury.
I'm thinking about selling my July 10th BFL Single on ebay, and just getting the mercury upgrade.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 12:56:14 PM

When does the "upgrade" window close. I'm still debating about upgrading my Mercury.
I'm thinking about selling my July 10th BFL Single on ebay, and just getting the mercury upgrade.

End of this month apparently.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 04:59:58 PM
Last edit: August 07, 2013, 05:16:27 PM by Phoenix1969

I spoke with my friend in Toowoomba last night again after Mr. FUKT's comments...  his answer was:
 "The total was very near 8k, after shipping & conversion to AUD, and of all the things we've ordered abroad, I've never been charged a VAT."   So, we shall see. Some of the parts we/he have ordered have been valued at thousands of dollars as well. (We do energy research)  Declaration may be the diff.
That's from an Aussie Emu who orders parts from nearly all over the world, whom is practically the second half of my brain. Guess we won't know really for sure until they actually ship, but can you imagine the mess if customs made the habit of holding all declared packages hostage for import Duties? This is usually done at the time you purchase your product. You want to scream "BS", that's okay too; but remember, we do this all the time, you do not. Only time will really tell.
Note: Go to BFL, they have alot of crybabies there...and I have yet to see problems with customs duties on any of the miners they sent... Surely if there were a problem, the babies would have cried VERY LOUD, same goes for Avalon & Bitfury... nuff said.

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
ffernandex

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 08:09:05 PM

Just a quick reminder, three days left to participate in my auction of a DAY 1 Jupiter upgrade + 6 months of hosting with KnCMiner,

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=268149.new#new

Take advantage of this opportunity to increase your hashrate.

All the best for you all,

If you like my posts, feel free to donate!
BTC: 1L1S4wG5TNJZSX9VG3vkk2er76YHihz3Kg
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 08:15:30 PM

Just a quick reminder, three days left to participate in my auction of a DAY 1 Jupiter upgrade + 6 months of hosting with KnCMiner,

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=268149.new#new

Take advantage of this opportunity to increase your hashrate.

All the best for you all,
There's no ebay link here or on the bitcointalk page you provide, so how is one supposed to bid?
So by "day 1 Jupiter upgrade" you mean it was a Saturn, which you later upgraded to a Jupiter, and paid for hosting? and your selling 1/2 the profit, with a starting bid of 50btc(50 x 106 = 5300)
you could very well get some "Takers" on that, but you'll surely need an E-bay acct.

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Pages: « 1 ... 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 [262] 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: