Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 03:17:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 [304] 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049421 times)
Anenome5

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 09:32:21 PM

These units are pretty much going to be doa since most likely they will ship by end of september due to KNCs wording in the  upcomming weeks. All orders placed now will ship in October meaning full shipping will commence sometime right before October. Even if you get them mid September you can make some money just not worth it really.

Best thing to do is wait for the price/roi wars to start between manufacterers.
I don't think you understand what point we're at in the mining competition. KNC is uniquely situated and we may end up being the big winners over everyone except Batch-1 Ava customers. Because the window is closing on being able to profitably pay your ROI. The game is to pay your hardware costs before that window closes on the difficulty, and everyone mining profitably at that point may be able to maintain their position there for a long time. Because without the ability to pay your hardware costs, even having 1th at the cost of $1k - $2k or w/e takes months or years to ROI. KNC shipping is a sword of damocles over all the other mining schemes right now.

The difficulty doesn't in fact go up forever. At some point it makes no sense to invest in new mining equipment and the diff will cement in place for a year or two. That figure is probably somewhere around 500 million. I think a Jupiter will both pay for its hardware and mine profitably during that period. And others won't want to drop into mining when the profit is just over electrical costs.

Democracy is the original 51% attack.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nightengale

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 09:34:34 PM

And also take in mind that KNC have stated that "the spec of Jupiter will remain a guaranteed minimum 400 GH/s we can confirm that we are expecting to be over that mark by a considerable margin."

I just want to know what "considerable" means... 10%... 25%... what is considerable?
erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 09:36:13 PM

And also take in mind that KNC have stated that "the spec of Jupiter will remain a guaranteed minimum 400 GH/s we can confirm that we are expecting to be over that mark by a considerable margin."

I just want to know what "considerable" means... 10%... 25%... what is considerable?
It's irrelevant as they don't have an working samples yet, it's just marketing spin until they actually measure it.

Anenome5

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 09:42:51 PM

It's irrelevant as they don't have an working samples yet, it's just marketing spin until they actually measure it.
Not really. They likely have good reason to believe it to be true. It's all part of their UPOD (under-promise / over-deliver) communication strategy. Remember on day 1 they were talking 250gh. Then it was 350. Now 400. Now they're saying over that even by considerable margin. Probably closer to 500 was their original target all along.

Democracy is the original 51% attack.
NEO2012

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 10:01:52 PM

Bitfury sucks are you on crack. It will be just as worthless as these units. The only company to order from would be xcrowd who will offer you a gaurantee up to a certain difficulty and provide much more hashing power. Or cointerra which their high hashing power might be a guarantee for delays.

Those are the only logical options. Cointerra seems it will be the winner if they keep their promise of long term mining equipment it means they will offer some serious hashing power for much cheaper which will make other manufacterers cut pricing.

And which will effectively kill avalon and bfls shit businesses.

this cant be true

in a rare visit last nite  inaba = josh_bfl =josh zerlan = eclipse emc pool

said to a frustated costumer

u get ur shit when u get it we didnt promise u a roi , we are the bigest asic company on the planet we dont have to prove sheat to anybody

and once again u will  get ur sheat(aka ur minning eqipment) when u get it

but good news

they will start takin preorders soon on the second gen   , gen 2 equipment

but they still shipping june 23 orders from 2012

wow im confused?
titomane

Activity: 389

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 10:09:54 PM

Not really. They likely have good reason to believe it to be true. It's all part of their UPOD (under-promise / over-deliver) communication strategy. Remember on day 1 they were talking 250gh. Then it was 350. Now 400. Now they're saying over that even by considerable margin. Probably closer to 500 was their original target all along.

Do not be angry, but it seems that these guys do not know what they make.
If you have a chip with 192 cores asics performing a hash per cycle.
520,000,000 cycles are 520 Mhz    99840000000 hashes 99.84Ghs  
620,000,000 cycles are 600 Mhz  115200000000 hashes 115.2Ghs

But this is not important, the important thing is to know ETA chips.
I can not understand not wanting to go public. But its most direct competition already has the chip.

NoDisco

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 11:11:56 PM

Seeing as there hasn't been any troll comments on this thread for almost an hour, I'll ask a question.

Anyone buying one of these thought about security? Like, what to do if their miner is stolen by some bum who breaks in and thinks it's a fancy desktop PC?

Any thoughts? Getting some kind of serial number engraved on the case? Marking the PCB somehow? Some kind of tracking that is it powers up, gps coordinates get send somewhere? I imagine high end industiral machinery must have something like this to protect the investment, but I don't really know.
NEO2012

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 11:16:03 PM

Bitfury sucks are you on crack. It will be just as worthless as these units. The only company to order from would be xcrowd who will offer you a gaurantee up to a certain difficulty and provide much more hashing power. Or cointerra which their high hashing power might be a guarantee for delays.

Those are the only logical options. Cointerra seems it will be the winner if they keep their promise of long term mining equipment it means they will offer some serious hashing power for much cheaper which will make other manufacterers cut pricing.

indeed bfl inaba josh_bfl emc pool can go back to jerking off there lady boys

or each other bfl and avalon

my 25 cents

get it?

they are finished and dont even know it:)
NEO2012

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 11:18:30 PM

I'll bet some BFL customers want to sock you in the jaw for complaining about the PSU of all things.

o bet not since then dont have even psus in stock witch are 2 dollars a pop from china

much less asics
erschiessen

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 11:21:45 PM

Seeing as there hasn't been any troll comments on this thread for almost an hour, I'll ask a question.

Anyone buying one of these thought about security? Like, what to do if their miner is stolen by some bum who breaks in and thinks it's a fancy desktop PC?

Any thoughts? Getting some kind of serial number engraved on the case? Marking the PCB somehow? Some kind of tracking that is it powers up, gps coordinates get send somewhere? I imagine high end industiral machinery must have something like this to protect the investment, but I don't really know.

I keep seeing adverts for this.
http://www.thetileapp.com/
Sort of like Lo-Jack for gadgets.

Your Message Here
12KHW3i2Hamk1irY8b181N4vMXUnVYL1ah
NEO2012

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 11:23:07 PM

u working for the nsa or just apllied i guess ha/.? not sure if u lend the job?
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 11:23:17 PM

Bitfury you can buy almost now with proven tech.

KnC you will know hopefully in under 45 days of which you are protected at least by Paypal's 45 day window.

X-crowd has no proven tech and no known design team. They apparently have funding and apparently will deliver, yet for some unknown reason they demand you pay and have your money held hostage in escrow from now until whenever they are ready for no reason other than to prevent you purchasing elsewhere.

Cointerra good luck, but people are tied of pre-orders even of proven tech, let alone stuff that will be coming out around January. Doesn't matter how low they go, or x-crowd, fact is KnC owners would have the jump on the ROI before them, the lions share of the money to be made is now-Dec. So what if a cheaper more efficient chip comes out then, hashrate will have exploded so much that their 28nm advantage is negated by crossing the start line 4 months late.

These units will not be worthless, THESE will be the ones banking as ROI will have already been reached by then, hopefully. Certainly more chance than the others will have.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
NoDisco

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 11:30:30 PM

Interesting, but requires a hell of a lot of people to buy and use this product before you'll find a missing item.

So I got your reply (which I appreciate) and one troll comment. Amazing how 50% of people using this website are uninterested in doing anything other than stupid trolling. Why not go for a walk in the park instead...
FUKT

Activity: 446

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 11:32:48 PM

If someone were to steal your rig and didnt realise what it was I'm afraid to say it would get thrown to the side of the road.
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 11:36:12 PM

If someone were to steal your rig and didnt realise what it was I'm afraid to say it would get thrown to the side of the road.

Considering they all are going to be worth a ton less in no time at all why bother. Ooh look I mined 0.01BTC in 5 days.

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1011

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 11:39:11 PM

I may be wrong but I think the range of these tileapps is like 300'

Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 11:41:04 PM

I may be wrong but I think the range of these tileapps is like 300'

But should you set the device it is tagged to up for communicating through other tile users, if it goes beyond range it pings other closer tile users if they exist so they can bounce and alert you back.

Watch the video, if you live in a cosmopolitan area with other tile users it could be useful.

Should get one for Yifu. Grin

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
NoDisco

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 11:43:34 PM

Perhaps. But I imagine they'll steal it, bring to whoever they sell stolen goods to and say "How much will you give me for that?", regardless of whether they know what it is or not.

So would be good to have some tech where if some clown were to plug it in, you could get a fix on the location. And then send in the feds Grin

Thanks FUKT.

(And to the other guy that trolled my question - is it impossible to simply offer an answer if you have one or else stfu?)
CYPER

Activity: 784

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 11:49:19 PM

So would be good to have some tech where if some clown were to plug it in, you could get a fix on the location. And then send in the feds Grin

GPS module, but I guess it is too late for design changes Smiley
Maybe Gen 2 can have it Smiley
NoDisco

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 11:50:41 PM

GPS module, but I guess it is too late for design changes Smiley
Maybe Gen 2 can have it Smiley
This sounds interesting. Is it something you could attach yourself, to the case or something?
Pages: « 1 ... 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 [304] 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: