Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:57:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 [860] 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
Trongersoll

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 10:41:57 PM

WTF

Quote from: KNC
All
The factory produced 280 boxes yesterday. This was the result of a few failures which have now been addressed
We will be back to full production on monday and expect to get back to shipping over 400 a day from monday onwards

We will keep you updated as we finsih our queue in the next few days

Sam

https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-54

Hold on a second i thought they said they were open on the weekends.....

You are a liar, you have no damn sources, you haven't a bloody clue where in Sweden the facility is.

Fact - Factory is open weekends - the damn Asics were delivered on a Sunday by Johan on a commercial flight, and DHL with a hand courier. 24 hours later the first prototype at full speed was filmed working.

Fact - the factory does not close at 10pm or we wouldn't have spent several days in there 24 hours around the clock.

Fact - you talk out of your arse, and when called upon started your own self-moderated thread bashing KnC for all their hard work and delete comments you don't agree with.

Fun with you has to stop now. Ciao.

So why do we have to wait till monday?

Same reason when on the 9th bitcoinroma claimed there were only 1000 units that needed to be shipped, but the have shipped over 1k units already just shown in the shipping updates,  and they said starting Monday they will be up to 400 plus again shipping, someone lies out there teeth is why

Hold on, I hope you're not accusing me of lying there. All I did was ask, and relayed the response I was given. Don't go shooting the messenger bud, and yes the factory is open weekends as you well know because a) the chips arrived on a Sunday. I was there. b) Markus was there all last weekend with production in full swing.
  I said someone it's lying out there teeth and its ether you or knc witch is lying, one of the two, and that is a fact
I doubt anyone is lying intentionally, i suspect that circumstances are just changing rapidly.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rolling

Activity: 824
Merit: 712

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 10:45:12 PM

Got another Jupiter today.  It was underperforming (~495) and one of the ASICs was about 18C higher than the others.  Used a flashlight to look under the heatsink and found that KNC didn't remove the plastic between the chip and the heat sink.  Removed the heat sink, removed the plastic from the heat sink and replaced it.  Performance is about 15 GH/s higher and temp is down to 50C (was 68C).

Someone else posted on the KNC forum the same problem:

http://forum.kncminer.com/forum/main-category/hardware/8377-it-should-be-removed-before-the-cooler-is-installed-this-is-a-instalation-quality-check-failure
DigginDeep

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 10:54:10 PM

How could the total of October orders needing to be shipped out change when October orders were closed over a month ago? I'm not sure if people are just blind or ignorant.
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 10:54:48 PM

Thanks.  I had gone to the list of firmware on the News page and it only went to 0.95.

I can see why higher diff will give better results.  Less thru put at the BBB.
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 11:20:06 PM

Oh joy - another cgminer fail.
They didn't implement device details in my API ( 'devs' returns an error)
... and the very useful API 'stats' returns no details on them either.
Sigh ...

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
sickpig
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 11:31:13 PM

Sigh ...

as long as you can fix it this probably means there's room for perf imporvment Tongue

Bitcoin is a participatory system which ought to respect the right of self determinism of all of its users - Gregory Maxwell.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 11:36:30 PM

Sigh ...

as long as you can fix it this probably means there's room for perf imporvment Tongue

Not possible without hardware.

xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 11:46:41 PM

Alright, how do I find the the IP address?  I ran Wireshark but none of the IPs I try work.  Sad

Your home router should have a screen with all units visible -- showing MAC vs IP.

Windows has a "Network" screen -- which may show it.

try: arp -a
at a command prompt window in Windows.

ifconfig on any linux boxes will return the IP and other information.

ipconfig on any windows box -- at command line will show each units IP

There are several ip Scanners available on the net. I won't recommend one because I don't use them and I don't know what's "safe".

No IP I try is working.  Any other ideas?

Wireshark lists a ton of IPs.  I tried many.  Is there a way to narrow it down.  Sorry, a real NOOB when it comes to this stuff.
xstr8guy

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 11:52:09 PM

Alright, how do I find the the IP address?  I ran Wireshark but none of the IPs I try work.  Sad

Your home router should have a screen with all units visible -- showing MAC vs IP.

There are several ip Scanners available on the net. I won't recommend one because I don't use them and I don't know what's "safe".

Wireshark lists a ton of IPs.  I tried many.  Is there a way to narrow it down.  Sorry, a real NOOB when it comes to this stuff.

I tried arp -a both with the miner connected and unconnected,  I thought this would narrow it down but the same IPs show in both instances.
tolip_wen

Activity: 386
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 12:03:05 AM

Wireshark lists a ton of IPs.  I tried many.  Is there a way to narrow it down.  Sorry, a real NOOB when it comes to this stuff.

I tried arp -a both with the miner connected and unconnected,  I thought this would narrow it down but the same IPs show in both instances.

The following links might help.
lots of methods mentioned

http://forum.kncminer.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/4666-find-your-miners-ip-address-with-arp-a-works-in-win-and-linux

http://forum.kncminer.com/forum/main-category/hardware/5890-newbie-tip-discovering-your-ip-for-miner

'twisted research and opinion' donations happily accepted @
13362fxFAdrhagmCvSmFy4WoHrNRPG2V57
My sub 1337 vanity address Wink
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 12:04:26 AM
Last edit: October 19, 2013, 12:20:00 AM by Phoenix1969

Sigh ...

Not possible without hardware.
Kano will most certainly prove you wrong on that statement.. No offense intended. Smiley

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
xstr8guy

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 12:08:33 AM

http://forum.kncminer.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/4666-find-your-miners-ip-address-with-arp-a-works-in-win-and-linux

http://forum.kncminer.com/forum/main-category/hardware/5890-newbie-tip-discovering-your-ip-for-miner

Thanks, I'll check it out.

I now know there's nothing wrong with the Mercury.  Even though I haven't been able to log into the admin, it's hashing away.  I thought it was odd that it was getting warm considering I thought only the fans were running.  Then I checked my BTCG stats and there it was at 123GH/s.  I guess they actually did configure it in the factory.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 12:22:57 AM
Last edit: November 04, 2018, 07:11:19 PM by Searing

here is my box as it arrived...with the added benefit of being full of water (had a nice little bath on the trip it did)

http://imgur.com/5X1hnNa,nXZ4PbF

well in the USA not much seen of DHL if i'd had wanted to pick it up i'd have to go 200 miles to capital of the state....if the driver cant get you at your address to sign for it your screwed and get to take a trip to the capital.....as you can see it arrives looking like the trash in the scene of Independence Day.....I asked the driver if I had any options on accepting something looked like this..he said nope between knc and dhl

anyway miner was fine if FULL of water....used a hair dryer ..and heat generated by panic for 2hrs to dry it out...luckly it looked be rain water so no dirt...

imho the packages are TOO LIGHT for their SIZE ..they just seem to beg to be TOSSED imho

anyway I don't have a clue on how to do SSH yet but at 66F 14c (?) humidity 65 in bsmt top off and NO external fans blowing on it or anything I think its been up with out a restart (how i'd tell w/o ssh no idea) it is currently hashing at 532729.973 GH ....it is running .95.....someone said that .96 seems to lock out what it thinks are bad cores immediately (some guys say they have some that come back after a bit)..so maybe i'll stick to this ver for now

man lucky it got smashed between the core units

also some other 1st hand experience with DHL besides being in a town of 60,000 and having only one DHL place to pick up in the whole Midwest state...

they did have a good tracking system and I called and found out would be here today instead of my assumption of Monday ...however told some other folks to call the 800 number just in case so they could track stuff..one guy found out his unit was lost and gonna go back to KNC (no zip code ...but it did have the state...go figure)...and another guy had something simiar I forget

anyway......don't think its the shipper think its the box being too light

anyway....hopefully all this stuff will be cosmetic ..man as bad as that box looked I was sure boards were cracked...not to mention the water....jeeez....but it seems to work ok i'll go research whatever ssh is so I can look athe miner work or some such

oh almost forgot my hottest core is 50c the rest are like 42c 43c (is that good ? bad? no clue?)

now i'm gonna sit here and drink myself stupid watching the little bugger mine BTC sheesh....what a roller coaster of a day!

my 2w worth .....

Searing

copy also on knc forums hopefully someone at knc will see this boxing just an't working out

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 12:27:06 AM

those are great numbers Searing... Good job saving the unit...
My God... that water is so unacceptable... wow
it's easy as 123... just get putty, and type the ip in the hostname field... goes right to the miner...
type...   root for user
admin for pass
screen -r  gets you the cgminer screen

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
xstr8guy

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 12:28:48 AM

Thanks, I'll check it out.

I now know there's nothing wrong with the Mercury.  Even though I haven't been able to log into the admin, it's hashing away.  I thought it was odd that it was getting warm considering I thought only the fans were running.  Then I checked my BTCG stats and there it was at 123GH/s.  I guess they actually did configure it in the factory.

Thanks davewr2013!  I found something that worked for me in the second link.  I used http://www.advanced-ip-scanner.com/ and it listed my miner as Mercury-453.  SO much easier than trying to find something useful with WireShark.
joeventura

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 12:38:05 AM

DHL does not even deliver in the U.S.

Now you are saying "Joe you are nuts!"

But I am not. DHL pawns their US deliveries off on USPS or UPS

http://seekingalpha.com/article/105325-dhl-shuts-down-u-s-delivery-operations-who-will-pick-up-the-slack

So they may have 90% of the rest of the world, they are a NON PLAYER in the U.S.

Guess who is a Player?!?! FED EX and U...P...S

r3animation

Activity: 756

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 12:39:47 AM

Not sure if anyone has seen this or I'm late.

EnableCores (Use this patch to force all cores to enable at next reboot)

https://www.kncminer.com/pages/support

According to Bertmod, it enabled 1 last core on my Sat so all my cores are 100% working.
demonmaestro

Activity: 574

Mining for the hell of it.

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 12:47:29 AM

actually DHL does deliver here in the states. The company i work for ships via FedEx,UPS,DHL and other bigger fraight companys. DHL use to have a big presence at Bush Intercontantal Airport also. To my knowlage they are nolonger there but DHL is still around. Just not as big.

Feel Like Donating? bc1q0v5nfdejapffewu67gft7zw7zsmnfmmkt3lf02
Buy/Sell BitCoin & LiteCoin  Click here! | Looking for a great exchange? CoinBase Has you covered.
kronut

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 12:52:13 AM

The curious thing about Searings is that his passed customs without issues, while mine is stuck on clearance event like many others in here Today.

I called DHL and they said anything over $2500 needs clearance and it will take a few days, possibly incurring an import tax.

So that explains why all those mercuries went right through if you check the tracking thread, they are valued at $1995.

After looking up the tariffs with DHL on the phone, it's possible they will charge 2.5% + $25 for import + DHL fees.

Obviously I would rather have taken my chance with UPS, one guy got taxed on the knc forums and he paid $32 total.
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 12:55:50 AM

I have the BBB off.  If they are going to leave cable connectors off the controller board they should leave off either JP9, JP10 or JP11, or make it easy leave off JP9 and JP11, leaving 7, 8, 10 and 12 as the air flow over the BBB is blocked by 9, 10, 11.  They took out 8 and 12 which help the air flow over the BBB not at all???

Heck, it's a Mercury and they are only using one.
Pages: « 1 ... 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 [860] 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: