Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:50:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 [883] 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
Altomesi

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 06:45:36 PM

I tried a wireless bridge... it sucked... totally.
Want one?...lol

There are some crappy ones out there for sure...but the one I linked is pretty awesome for those just now starting to wonder about how to put their miner on wireless and don't want to jump through a lot hoops to do it.  I do high-end networking for a living and I'm not easily impressed with home consumer-grade gear..but this little box really surprised me for the build quality and the signal strength it was able to maintain throughout the house during my wireless torture test.

BAH! I just bough one of these today for my XBMC setup as I took my old bridge to use on my miner. I was looking at that exact product, dangit. I picked up a refurb one of these for $29USD.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833989024
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 06:46:02 PM

Don't forget "today" means "in 3 days"  Tongue
at least "2 Weeks" didn't mean a year...

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
The Avenger

Activity: 798

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 06:54:43 PM

Don't forget "today" means "in 3 days"  Tongue
at least "2 Weeks" didn't mean a year...
Nor was the difficulty going up 50%+ every 2 weeks back then, so no valid comparison now.

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
texaslabrat

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 06:56:01 PM

Want one?...lol

There are some crappy ones out there for sure...but the one I linked is pretty awesome for those just now starting to wonder about how to put their miner on wireless and don't want to jump through a lot hoops to do it.  I do high-end networking for a living and I'm not easily impressed with home consumer-grade gear..but this little box really surprised me for the build quality and the signal strength it was able to maintain throughout the house during my wireless torture test.

BAH! I just bough one of these today for my XBMC setup as I took my old bridge to use on my miner. I was looking at that exact product, dangit. I picked up a refurb one of these for $29USD.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833989024

For your application, you probably made the right choice spec-wise assuming you have a 5GHz-band access point for it to talk to.  Streaming media over 2.4Ghz isn't all that awesome...even over N...due to the crowded spectrum and all the interference that brings.  The netgear I linked is 2.4Ghz only and great for low-bandwidth applications but I wouldn't want to put a HTPC on it for multi-megabit streaming duties.
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 07:01:32 PM

its simpler than that even...
just plug it to a laptop, which has wifi
a cheapo 10/100 is plenty

I bought into high speed wireless switches early and am still using the things.  I've got a TP-Link 8 port and a TP-Link 4 port.  They make great ethernet extenders.  My WDTV can do wifi and I bought the Cisco USB but at the time my wireless routers were only 802.11b and wouldn't accept the Cisco USB adapter logging in.  So, I ran cat5 cable and put the 4port switch there by the TV, added a 2.5" hard drive to the WDTV and I can drag and drop two weeks worth of TV programs onto the WDTV drive.  Using the high speed switch at the end of the cat5 run really improves thruput.
soy
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 07:03:35 PM

Want one?...lol
whatever works for you... Smiley

When I go to try the RPI wireless router I'll test with the hot pepper from the unmentionable company.  That should give it a suitable workout.
DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 07:05:54 PM
Last edit: October 21, 2013, 07:16:45 PM by DPoS

Any significance to the sticker numbers? All my Jupiter boards have a "1" and I've been running 525-550GH/s fairly consistently.

#1's might just mean that since they were first they had a little more attention to detail before they got ramped up and slopped up a bit

though, I have two #1 boards and one of them is the one with the die out but the dies that do work on them seem to drop the least cores on avg.   I guess one of my VRM/caps got a little baked on the early firmwares

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
soy
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 07:06:23 PM

Want one?...lol

There are some crappy ones out there for sure...but the one I linked is pretty awesome for those just now starting to wonder about how to put their miner on wireless and don't want to jump through a lot hoops to do it.
sure... all helps...
I was not satisfied at all with a bridge, it liked to drop connections randomly...
The laptop's range is like 10x as far, gets waaay better reception, and has never dropped the connection in 6 days so far...

The old WinXP laptop has a wireless that I disabled for testing this RPI router.  Since wasn't all too difficult I might try making it the wireless router instead of the RPI.  It does only have XP home so auto config is out but with the route command it should be possible.
Nemo1024
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2013, 07:08:17 PM

My order is 4114 and apparently it was picked up today. If that means anything to anyone Smiley

Yes it does: my 39xx (was paid the same hour it was ordered) is not yet even started to be produced yet.  Huh Let's see if tomorrow will bring any news...

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
sbfree

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 07:10:06 PM

FWIW, this bertmod mod seems to work for .96....http://forum.kncminer.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/6183-bertmod-0-2-unofficial-firmware-mod-feedback-thread/page3

also, I am starting to conclude that my Saturn is pretty close to maxing out at 250GH/s on CGminer = 210-225GH/s server side w/ around 20% hardware errors on CG with 3800 WU (best so far has been .96)

I think that the Saturns like Phoenix1969's where they are hashing at 275GH/s at the server is because they have the 8 VRMs....I don't know diddly, but maybe those early units were meant to IMPRESS with those higher rates while the rest were shipped as "satisfactory units" w/ only 4 VRMS.

Hopefully the next firmware will improve on FLUSHWORK SPEED, and the error rate/WU, since I am all HASHED OUT Shocked
DPoS

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 07:11:32 PM

he next difficulty is estimated to change by 34.72% to 360,699,846 on block #266,111. That should be 5 days 5 hours 59 mins 42 seconds from now.

Thanks for ruining my day... Wink

The final will go above 400m at this rate.

ya for those that stare at this all day

http://bitcoincharts.com/markets/currency/USD.html

you get a feel of its pace upwards.. and 5 more days is an eternity so 380 min but probably 420 at current rate

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 07:18:06 PM

FWIW, this bertmod mod seems to work for .96....http://forum.kncminer.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/6183-bertmod-0-2-unofficial-firmware-mod-feedback-thread/page3

also, I am starting to conclude that my Saturn is pretty close to maxing out at 250GH/s on CGminer = 210-225GH/s server side w/ around 20% hardware errors on CG with 3800 WU (best so far has been .96)

I think that the Saturns like Phoenix1969's where they are hashing at 275GH/s at the server is because they have the 8 VRMs....I don't know diddly, but maybe those early units were meant to IMPRESS those higher rates while the rest were shipped as "satisfactory units" w/ only 4 VRMS.

Hopefully the next firmware will improve on FLUSHWORK SPEED, and the error rate/WU, since I am all HASHED OUT Shocked
all 6 boards are 4vrm
one sat likes to run @ 255, one at 265, and one at 275...  all that flashing & unlock cores, eventually dwindles down to origonal speeds after a day for me...did it 3 days in a row...

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
DPoS

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 07:21:58 PM

I haven't checked that version, but keeping the die core stats on another page is ideal so you can have constant refresh of the main stats that are quick to refresh (runs a different script)

It wouldn't be hard, just have it do something like this on a button push from the GUI that I just run on the command line:

perl ./asic_status.pl > /www/pages/stat1.html

ur0pl

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 07:23:31 PM

Only about 9 day too late whereas I could have made ROI AND PROFIT if it my jupiters were delivered on the 8th instead of the 17th. Now, i am trying to sell both of them. That was the difference between being a day 1 and not being that
WastedLTC

Activity: 776
Merit: 536

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 07:30:17 PM

Only about 9 day too late whereas I could have made ROI AND PROFIT if it my jupiters were delivered on the 8th instead of the 17th. Now, i am trying to sell both of them. That was the difference between being a day 1 and not being that

I sold one on Oct18th for 8600 (which I received on the 8th).  It is up to you, but saying you'll have a loss is just not true or it is based on bad decisions.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 07:30:35 PM
Last edit: October 21, 2013, 07:45:54 PM by Phoenix1969

aaaah.... Gotta call B.S... I got a saturn on the 10th, and it's nowhere close to breakeven. The other two have been up for 4+ days on top of the first.., and I've almost reached $2,000 usd total, out of the $12,000.00 I spent...
ROI is at least months away, even if you had a day 1 order.... if ever
unless, of course, BTC keeps going up....UP....UUPPPPP... Smiley

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
cognoscente

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 07:42:41 PM

I use this wireless bridge and haven't missed a beat. 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833320155
Altomesi

Activity: 19

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 07:43:19 PM

Keeping with the depressing theme of late....

https://i.imgur.com/cnRLbWx.png
bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 07:43:54 PM

I prefer the 48 Port 10/100 managed dell switches with fiber and gigabit backbone for all my miners Smiley. Super cheap on ebay.
sbfree

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 07:44:07 PM

I think that the Saturns like Phoenix1969's where they are hashing at 275GH/s at the server is because they have the 8 VRMs....I don't know diddly, but maybe those early units were meant to IMPRESS those higher rates while the rest were shipped as "satisfactory units" w/ only 4 VRMS.

all 6 boards are 4vrm
one sat likes to run @ 255, one at 265, and one at 275...  all that flashing & unlock cores, eventually dwindles down to origonal speeds after a day for me...did it 3 days in a row...

thanks for the correction phoenix1969 on the 4 VRM, so I strike my prior KNC comment.

Phonenix, are those hash rates at the server side, and how long before those figures go steady on the server after a reboot?

I notice my unit is usually fully operational after about 15 - 30 mins when it seems to stabilize and settle on hash rate/WU and op. temp.
also, the longer between BLOCKS found the better, as flushwork seems to kill performance....its kinda like racing the indy500 and everytime a block is found you have to pit.....weak!
Pages: « 1 ... 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 [883] 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: