Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:24:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 [929] 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049460 times)
KnCMiningOp

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 02:08:43 AM

Anyone know why the voltages on our 3rd Jupi are higher than on the first two? I believe that as a result of the voltage being higher the temps are also higher. Also it is my understanding that if the Output Current is close to 0 than that die isn't hashing right? Also on this Jupiter I see a ton of these: "[time stamp] KnC: accepted by FPGA 1-21 works, but only 0 submitted"

I've tried .95, .96. .96.1 and .97 and .96 gives me the best performance so far, but at these voltages/temps. Also I did press gently on the copper bars of the heatsink and that seemed to have brought a couple die Output Current on par with the rest, but as you can see there is still a couple that are around 0. After downgrading to .96 this most recent time CGMiner restarts every 20 minutes, but the hash rate starts around 500-550 and drops to 350-380 before CGMiner restarts. You can see the stats here on Jupiter 3: http://54.243.221.120/

I've asked KnC for an RMA, but I'm hoping I can avoid that if there is a fix for this.

Any ideas?

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitly

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2013, 02:26:30 AM

Just set up my Jupiter and it's hashing at ~535 GH/s.

I'm pretty happy that I finally got it working, but at the same time, figured that I probably won't be able to make my money back with the current difficulty...
1l1l11ll1l
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2013, 02:57:12 AM

Anyone know why the voltages on our 3rd Jupi are higher than on the first two? I believe that as a result of the voltage being higher the temps are also higher. Also it is my understanding that if the Output Current is close to 0 than that die isn't hashing right? Also on this Jupiter I see a ton of these: "[time stamp] KnC: accepted by FPGA 1-21 works, but only 0 submitted"

I've tried .95, .96. .96.1 and .97 and .96 gives me the best performance so far, but at these voltages/temps. Also I did press gently on the copper bars of the heatsink and that seemed to have brought a couple die Output Current on par with the rest, but as you can see there is still a couple that are around 0. After downgrading to .96 this most recent time CGMiner restarts every 20 minutes, but the hash rate starts around 500-550 and drops to 350-380 before CGMiner restarts. You can see the stats here on Jupiter 3: http://54.243.221.120/

I've asked KnC for an RMA, but I'm hoping I can avoid that if there is a fix for this.

Any ideas?

Your input voltage seems really low, have you tried a different PSU?

KnCMiningOp

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 03:03:12 AM

Any ideas?

Your input voltage seems really low, have you tried a different PSU?

No I haven't, but I did plug that PSU into a PSU tester and the voltages are identical to one of the other PSU that is powering Jupiter 2. If the voltage is lower why is the Output current higher than my 2 other Jupiters?
eiliant

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 03:07:36 AM

Could you delete the photos from the quote? It takes up unnecessary space for everyone.
KnCMiningOp

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 03:08:25 AM

Could you delete the photos from the quote? It takes up unnecessary space for everyone.

Done.
isimme

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 03:58:31 AM

what version of bertmod working on .95 firmware?

best regards.
bertmod_0_2_1_for_knc_0_94
works for 0.95
you have to refresh your browser a few times
before it will display your stats correctly(give about 30 sec between each refresh)

If I was able to help you in anyway, tips are appreciated:
1A1RcqRKdApT4ViLmZcdDBES8rov3zjMYp
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 04:11:59 AM

Any ideas?
YOU NAILED IT
I have a sat that has been acting funny, and had the temp phenomena...
I pressed on the copper bars, and instantly saw the jump.
I placed a wedge at the top of the heatsink to add a tad more pressure on the asic
it now works great.
Thank you for sharing that.....seriously!

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
KnCMiningOp

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 04:27:41 AM

Any ideas?
YOU NAILED IT
I placed a wedge at the top of the heatsink to add a tad more pressure on the asic
it now works great.

Sure, are you saying that by applying the constant pressure your temps go down?

Another issue: Now I can't SSH to Jupiter 1 and Web Gui isn't responding, but it is still hashing I confirmed via CGMiner and BTC Guild... Anyone know how to fix it with out rebooting? Jupi1 has been running around 554GH/s since day one and I don't want to reboot...
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 04:30:51 AM

no, Im saying the pressure brought a die back to life, wasnt making good contact

btw... that machine looks to be the fastest one now...

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
DigginDeep

Activity: 59

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 04:34:32 AM

Any ideas?
YOU NAILED IT
it now works great.
So your saying a little more pressure on the ASIC helped?  then maybe grinding a little off the spacers to help get it tighter might help as well.   Or i wonder if taking a heat gun to the asic to heat it up  would help.  Though i sure wouldn't try it.  I use to buy broken xbox 360's.  And fix them with a heat gun.  Hack them so they can play backups then sell them.     but with most of them all i had to do was take a heat gun and a little liquid flux  and heat up the the gpu carefully.  Then when i put them back together i would use screws and spacers to hold the heat sink on so i could get it tighter.    And would never have a problem with them after that.
KnCMiningOp

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 04:35:47 AM

no, Im saying the pressure brought a die back to life, wasnt making good contact

Oh nice! I saw that in this thread 20-30 pages back. Jupi 1 is the fastest Smiley
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 04:38:02 AM

Oh nice! I saw that in this thread 20-30 pages back. Jupi 1 is the fastest Smiley
Yes, and I thank you for posting that...again

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
KnCMiningOp

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 04:39:11 AM

Any ideas?
YOU NAILED IT
it now works great.
So your saying a little more pressure on the ASIC helped?  then maybe grinding a little off the spacers to help get it tighter might help as well.   Or i wonder if taking a heat gun to the asic to heat it up  would help.  Though i sure wouldn't try it.  I use to buy broken xbox 360's.  And fix them with a heat gun.  Hack them so they can play backups then sell them.     but with most of them all i had to do was take a heat gun and a little liquid flux  and heat up the the gpu carefully.  Then when i put them back together i would use screws and spacers to hold the heat sink on so i could get it tighter.    And would never have a problem with them after that.

Yes it did. It was around 200-315GH now it runs between 350-550/GH. With more die online now still having issues, but at least getting a little more out of it and hardware errors are down from 23% to 13%.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 04:51:05 AM

it took the saturn from 255, and 3600 WU's straight over 283, with 4020 WU's, and climbing... but is running a tad warm

edit... watching cgminer thru the putty window, I could see the change within a few seconds.
now its 284...

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
DigginDeep

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 04:52:06 AM

Almost wishing i had a bad board to play with.  Mine are running so so...  once there are warm they error rates drop to about 7-9%  and usually hashes about 550-554   SO i don't want to go and make things worse.   Though if i had a board that i was sending back to RMA  i couldn't help my self but try and heat it up .   tomorrow i might check and see if a little more pressure dose help mine at all..  if so i might just grind off a little on the spacers.
KnCMiningOp

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 04:54:52 AM

it took the saturn from 255, and 3600 WU's straight over 283, with 4020 WU's, and climbing... but is running a tad warm

I took the cover off all mine and that helped drop the temps by 5-10c across the board. I've been reading the hotter they run the better the performance. Seems counter intuitive, but maybe when it does run hotter things expand and there is a better connection between the chips and the board. Which would also explain why putting a little pressure on them helps.
KnCMiningOp

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 04:56:21 AM

Almost wishing i had a bad board to play with.  Mine are running so so...  once there are warm they error rates drop to about 7-9%  and usually hashes about 550-554   SO i don't want to go and make things worse.   Though if i had a board that i was sending back to RMA  i couldn't help my self but try and heat it up .   tomorrow i might check and see if a little more pressure dose help mine at all..  if so i might just grind off a little on the spacers.

I found a few screws that attach the heat sink to the board to be a tad loose and was able to get get a half to a full twist on them.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 04:59:18 AM
Last edit: October 27, 2013, 05:11:23 AM by Phoenix1969

Almost wishing i had a bad board to play with.  Mine are running so so...  once there are warm they error rates drop to about 7-9%  and usually hashes about 550-554   SO i don't want to go and make things worse.   Though if i had a board that i was sending back to RMA  i couldn't help my self but try and heat it up .   tomorrow i might check and see if a little more pressure dose help mine at all..  if so i might just grind off a little on the spacers.

I found a few screws that attach the heat sink to the board to be a tad loose and was able to get get a half to a full twist on them.
hmm...gonna check that...

edit... EUREKA!       They cross-threaded a screw, and damaged a heat-sink bar screw-head. (the phillips head on the screw is rounded!), and the thing isn't down tight!

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
DigginDeep

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 05:11:51 AM

I already know mine are down tight.  I took mine apart the first day i had it...  witch is why Im thinking about grinding a little off the spacer to make it a bit more tight.    but first ill test tomorrow if any more pressure helps.   Would go ahead and try tonight.  But i had a couple drinks earlier....    And well drinking and tinkering with a 7k machine don't go to well together in my books lol.    Wait tell im nice and fresh tomorrow.
Pages: « 1 ... 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 [929] 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: