Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:51:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 ... 226 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Liquid Synergy Designs Inc. -ASIC mining hardware  (Read 423209 times)
BitCsByBit

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 02:24:11 PM

Actually Yifu has responded and he is offering refunds for ALL batches ordered until 22 of June.

Tipsy jar: 1HgfLMXiJQj9KZ7abLRh9rWuR7dgeSyub4
ibminer
Legendary

Activity: 1823
Merit: 2793

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2013, 02:28:35 PM

Any boards produced by anyone will not ROI in BTC value. Not by a long shot.

The whole USD-now-USD-then ROI story is bullshit. You paid in BTC. You're going to end up with less BTC. Therefore you do not return your BTC investment.

I think steamboat has mixed interests in this case, as I assume he doesn't want to refund the boards he's building. If he's going to be as bold to wait until after wednesday, and let way late chips arrive, so he can build his boards and make more profit, well darn, I think I'm going to come after him with pitchforks like we did with Yifu. I have nothing to do with his assembly service. The chips won't ROI, Yifu is making refunds, all other groupbuys have already gotten their batches refunded yet steamboats is YET AGAIN sitting on his ass waiting for the best outcome for him, while the wednesday deadline is coming so close that it's going to be practically impossible to get all customers to make a stand on "refund yes/no" before then.

SebastianJu and Zefir started way back inventoring which customers wanted refunds and which wanted to keep the chips. But steamboat, oh well, just says again "hurr we'll wait some more, no refunds, soz", while he could have also just contacted all customers and ask them to take a stand, so he can get refunds on the batches while it's still possible.

But no, steamboat did nothing, and now doesn't know what customers want refunds and which ones don't, he doesn't keep us up-to-date in these pressured times and, well, frankly, with a 18 BTC investment I'm just not okay with that.

Seriously i suspect he is waiting for those early batches to ship anyway (even though >90% doesn't want them) so he can finish his assembly business and make some more profit. I hope I'm wrong, but well, if steamboat doesn't inform us about what the hell he's actually doing, we're going to start assuming.

Steamboat, request refunds for the batches you can still get a refund on, ASAP. Then make an inventory on who wants a refund.

Did you actually READ the August 29th update?? There is NO communication from Yifu. Steamboat has tried calling, PM'ing, e-mailing. Nothing.

We all took a risk. Please stop spreading FUD on the forums and stop panicking. Just because other batches got refunds does not mean anything.

This isn't a playground. Just because somebody else got some ice cream does not mean you will get any ice cream.

You took a risk, like everybody else, and now the risk/rewards ratio has changed. You don't have to like it. In fact, I don't like it either. But posting drivel like the above is not going to change anything.
]

A few more good reads... read the posts after August 29th by Yifu himself:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=68196;sa=showPosts

EDIT:  You may want to venture outside of this thread for information... it is typically scattered everywhere - don't ask me why.

Lollaskates

Activity: 249

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 02:43:48 PM

It does feel like Steamboat is holding out for his plan to do assembly and make his profits at the expense of the people he represented. Unless he says otherwise, he is the only groupbuy organizer that isn't refunding. What a joke. He deserves a scammer tag for pulling this on us.

We may have to start making some noise.
ScaryHash

Activity: 529
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 02:46:30 PM

EDIT:  You may want to venture outside of this thread for information... it is typically scattered everywhere - don't ask me why.

Yes, I'm aware of what BitSynComm said, at 12:01 AM September 1st ...

I think it is completely unrealistic to expect Steamboat to make a decision affecting thousands of chips, ONE day after some comment by Yifu.

That would be the height of foolishness.

Instant decisions lead to instant stupidity.
Lollaskates

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 02:48:02 PM
Last edit: September 02, 2013, 03:10:26 PM by Lollaskates

I think it is completely unrealistic to expect Steamboat to make a decision affecting thousands of chips, ONE day after some comment by Yifu.

That would be the height of foolishness.

Instant decisions lead to instant stupidity.

Needed to send out emails immediately to get responses of if people want refunds or not, and offer assembly refunds like a normal company and like other group buy organizers because they never took place. Steamboat is refusing them. You can't legally refuse them, because assembler houses are vulnerable to law and will refund for work they did not perform, at which point that leaves him stealing our money. We wouldn't be in this predicament if he acted in reasonable time. Even another 3rd party attempted to collect all the refund requests for him with no acknowledgment.

It's worth mentioning that previously I was very impressed with the professionalism Steamboat showed. However when the pressure came, his true colors started to shine. What a shame.
brishtiteveja

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 03:41:47 PM

Why the hell everyone is not asking for refund? Sebastian Ju has already got refund for his several batches. People !!! there is no way you are going to mine the amount of BTC that you spent. Just think about holding those BTC instead of investing on miners or these group buys. You would have made a huge profit by now. So, get refunds and hold those BTC. Or buy USD and later buy BTC when it crashes. Isn't that what we all should do now. At least you will not make any loss, only profit or no profit. Otherwise you are just being greedy, having delusional dreams that will never come true. And Steamboat should also be questioned in some issues by everyone and he should be more frequently updating. He is acting like a big fat boss who does things whenever he wishes though he took significant amount of money from us. What he has done is great, I appreciate him. He was also great in various initial things. But it happened because we participated in this group buy and agreed to pay him for his responsibilities. Some people are saying- you have taken risk, you have taken risk, now bear. What the hell? You haven't taken risk of what's actually happened or happening now. Now you have way to get out of this. So do it. All the people who are against refund are most likely from the earlier batches or people don't understand the difficulty of mining at all or just greedy of getting rich quick or just dreaming the BTC will  be like 10000 USD within a year.That's not gonna happen. There are thousands of other factors. It's really time to cut the faulty rope now for me.
   However, what about the refund for the batch 6 people?I have seen pixl8tr and TxSteve from batch 6 has asked for refund in the Steamboat Refund google doc created by another user. I am also from batch 6. But according to Yifu, he is not going to refund for batch 6 right because it's out of the time range for refund. But according to Steamboat's last update, if 10000 chips gather to be refunded, he will ask for a refund.and all people who haven't asked for refund will be upgraded to the previous batch. Am I right? I am just trying to clarify these points. Can anyone clarify me? Because I have decided to get refund if possible.

rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 03:51:53 PM

as long as steamboat dosent write anything ... our plans equals ZERO
bystander

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 03:54:58 PM

Needed to send out emails immediately to get responses of if people want refunds or not, and offer assembly refunds like a normal company and like other group buy organizers because they never took place. Steamboat is refusing them. You can't legally refuse them, because assembler houses are vulnerable to law and will refund for work they did not perform, at which point that leaves him stealing our money. We wouldn't be in this predicament if he acted in reasonable time. Even another 3rd party attempted to collect all the refund requests for him with no acknowledgment.

It's worth mentioning that previously I was very impressed with the professionalism Steamboat showed. However when the pressure came, his true colors started to shine. What a shame.

I've been impressed with the professionalism Steamboat has shown as well and I am of the belief that when it's all said and done, he'll make it right for all of us.  
powpow

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Developer

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 04:04:52 PM

can someone PM me steamboats e-mail address.  I seem to have misplaced it.
Boxman90

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 04:29:43 PM

Did you actually READ the August 29th update?? There is NO communication from Yifu. Steamboat has tried calling, PM'ing, e-mailing. Nothing.

We all took a risk. Please stop spreading FUD on the forums and stop panicking. Just because other batches got refunds does not mean anything.

This isn't a playground. Just because somebody else got some ice cream does not mean you will get any ice cream.

You took a risk, like everybody else, and now the risk/rewards ratio has changed. You don't have to like it. In fact, I don't like it either. But posting drivel like the above is not going to change anything.

It's not FUD if it's the truth. The 29th update is obsolete, as Yifu has since posted stating refunds are accepted now. He is communicating with group buy organizers. The only one not communicating in this ordeal at this moment, is steamboat himself. Yifu, SebastianJu and Zefir have posted more in the past few days than steamboat has done in the last three weeks. Give that some thought.

He's keeping quiet in the hopes he can deliver his mining units for more profit. It seems like he's going to try and profit from this still. Mark my words, he's going to wait until after this Wednesday.

Is it?! SebastianJu set things in motion the same day and is processing refunds. Zefir set things in motion the same day and is processing refunds. Steamboat is quiet for almost 4 days now, and is refusing to process refunds. Hell, he's not making an inventory of who wants a refund and who doesnt.

It's scary as hell. He's likely safeguarding his profits, safeguarding his assembly service. He has mixed interests, we will end up as the ones taking the fall for him due to his lack of action, communication and detatchment of his assembly service.

LTC: LKKy4eDWyVtSrQAJy7Qmmz61RaFY91D9yC   BTC: 18fzdnCkuUNthCD8hM36UBGopFa9ij78gG
cp1

Activity: 616

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 04:31:39 PM

He's likely on vacation with the rest of the country.

Guide to armory offline install on USB key:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241730.0
Boxman90

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 04:38:28 PM

No he's not, he replied to one of my mails basically telling me to shut my mouth, and he's online here all the time. In fact he's online right now. There's no excuses. He got 50K USD from us to provice service in this groupbuy, fuck his 'vacation'. When there's a lot of time pressure (this wednesday Yifu is likely going to send the batches that didn't ask for a refund), and you have chosen to take on a task like this, you better be god damn ready to actually provide your customers with a basic level of customer service.

This includes him safeguarding the god damn refunds before it's too late.

LTC: LKKy4eDWyVtSrQAJy7Qmmz61RaFY91D9yC   BTC: 18fzdnCkuUNthCD8hM36UBGopFa9ij78gG
anto

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 04:54:45 PM

No he's not, he replied to one of my mails basically telling me to shut my mouth, and he's online here all the time. In fact he's online right now. There's no excuses. He got 50K USD from us to provice service in this groupbuy, fuck his 'vacation'. When there's a lot of time pressure (this wednesday Yifu is likely going to send the batches that didn't ask for a refund), and you have chosen to take on a task like this, you better be god damn ready to actually provide your customers with a basic level of customer service.

Very well said.
jasinlee

Activity: 742

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 05:12:40 PM

Anyone remember before boxman90 came on here and started making this personal and unprofessional? Those were the days.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
Lollaskates

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 05:18:32 PM

Anyone remember before boxman90 came on here and started making this personal and unprofessional? Those were the days.

There is something to be said about Steamboat being the only group buy manager not willing to provide refunds when it seems to be the norm among all others.
Boxman90

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 05:21:04 PM

If you want to add to the discussion, at least tell me how I'm wrong then. If you even can.

He's got our money. He's got his 50K USD profits. He's not providing services for it, while all the other group buy organizers ARE. Hell yes, it's getting personal. We're not talking about a few hundred bucks. We're talking about hundreds of thousands of dollars, of which several thousand mine. The only one going unprofessional is steamboat, with the increasing amount of time between his posts, and the ongoing stalling from his side.

KyrosKrane

Activity: 295

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2013, 05:22:44 PM

For those who aren't aware, today is Labor Day in the US -- a national holiday.  It's a three day weekend, and the traditional end of summer, so most people take a break from reality and go do something fun. Businesses almost uniformly close, except maybe for retail shops.  I wouldn't blame Steamboat at all if he's taking the long weekend to spend time with family or do something non-business related.  Give the poor man his vacation.  I'm sure he'll reply when he gets back and catches up with what's been happening in the interim.  (And yes, I'm guilty of peeking in on work-related stuff during my vacations too, but that doesn't mean I reply to every single message and request that came in while I'm away -- I maybe answer one or two, then do the rest when I get back to work after the holiday.)

And if you're upset that someone took a day off on a national freaking holiday, well, heads up -- you're not the center of the universe, and your concerns, no matter how major they seem to you, are not shared by everyone else.  Take a breath and realize that in the greater scheme of things, one day more or less won't matter.  We all knew the risks going in. The most obvious and brutal risk was the one where we lose absolutely every penny invested. That risk still exists. I don't think antagonizing the one person who could mitigate it is a wise move.

Tips and donations: 1KyrosREGDkNLp1rMd9wfVwfkXYHTd6j5U  |  BTC P2Pool node: p2pool.kyros.info:9332
dmcdad

Activity: 302

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 05:23:13 PM

Man you guys are quick to grab the pitchforks. Yes, I understand there is a short fuse on this one and I have plenty of money on the line here as well, but let's give SB a bit of time to officially post a reply before we start demanding scammer tags. Based on all of his previous communication he has always handled everything professionally and fairly. If he doesn't this time I'll be the first one to join the angry mob, but you guys have got to have a little patience here. It is a complicated, messed up situation.
cpengr

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 05:24:40 PM

There is something to be said about Steamboat being the only group buy manager not willing to provide refunds when it seems to be the norm among all others.
I have the impression that the other group buy coordinators don't have as much sunk (unrecoverable) costs in the PCB & assembly as steamboat. Correct?

I'm not drawing any conclusions, just trying to get a fact straight.
alfabitcoin

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 05:29:48 PM

I have the impression that the other group buy coordinators don't have as much sunk (unrecoverable) costs in the PCB & assembly as steamboat. Correct?

I'm not drawing any conclusions, just trying to get a fact straight.
That are two separate ventures and we are willing, presume most of us to let go pcb and parts($35) to be nonrefundable, assambly (SMT line) is another matter as that could not be spent as it did not taken place . BTW he was online till min ago, I guess we are still awaitng update.
Pages: « 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 ... 226 »
  Print  

Jump to: