Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 10:48:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 [455] 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 ... 1154 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [4+ EH] Slush Pool (slushpool.com); Overt AsicBoost; World First Mining Pool  (Read 4381845 times)
RoboCoder

Activity: 388
Merit: 250

Save A Life, Adopt a Pet Today!

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2013, 09:51:43 PM

I've been getting 0 NMC rewards since I switched to this pool a couple of days ago even though I have a valid address entered, is this happening to anyone else as well?

Namecoins are only mined on the GetWork servers which account for about 2% of the total hashrate or a couple hundred gigahash.  At that rate, producing a block takes a bit.

And it is not worth it to mine on the getwork servers as they have a 10% fee.
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
vs3

Activity: 622
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2013, 10:05:10 PM

... really bad time for Slush to have ...
For gods sake, who are you to judge Slush?
... Slush must fix ...

Guys and gals - just a reminder: Mining for this pool is not mandatory. There is no requirement that any of you mine with Slush's pool. You can mine with anyone or no one. It is entirely your choice.

Things like "Slush must do so and so" are pushing a bit too much beyond the boundaries. Slush has given you no promise to perform, nor has he signed any contract to do so. So - there you have it - there is no promise that he will do anything. He may do so or maybe not. If he does - it will be if he wants.

As someone said before me - all that complaining and stuff - it is about less than 1% of the weekly mining income. Some people were on the winning end, some were on the losing.

It is what it is. If you don't like it - feel free to move to another pool.

Istie

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 10:14:41 PM

... Slush must fix ...

Guys and gals - just a reminder: Mining for this pool is not mandatory. There is no requirement that any of you mine with Slush's pool. You can mine with anyone or no one. It is entirely your choice.

Things like "Slush must do so and so" are pushing a bit too much beyond the boundaries. Slush has given you no promise to perform, nor has he signed any contract to do so. So - there you have it - there is no promise that he will do anything. He may do so or maybe not. If he does - it will be if he wants.

As someone said before me - all that complaining and stuff - it is about less than 1% of the weekly mining income. Some people were on the winning end, some were on the losing.

nicely said & totally true!
Lucko

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 10:24:36 PM

... Slush must fix ...

nicely said & totally true!
Yes it is but he is not speaking for Slush(I hope). If that would be really how he fells then nobody should mine hire. Just read and ask yourself if you would trust someone who is saying that and the answer is simple. I'm not putting any of my blades hire they are too expense if that is a pool policy. So are you sure? You are saying that Slush fills no need to look after the pool and taking care that it is working?

And the person was talking about loosing 1% of a week income in a day. And in his case that was really small amount. I think he was 300 or 700 MH... I can understand that. But he also added that he would probably think differently if he already had ASIC.

EDIT: so don't be so selective and take things out of context(like you did with my quote) and "someone"
big6willy9

Activity: 10

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 10:38:58 PM

TL;DR for entire last 10 pages: If you dont like slush' pool then leave, no one is requiring, or even asking, for you to stay. Especially this Lucko guy who doesnt even mine with most of his equipment here, yet bitches and moans more than anybody else.
nybbler905

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 11:10:45 PM

TL;DR for entire last 10 pages: If you dont like slush' pool then leave, no one is requiring, or even asking, for you to stay. Especially this Lucko guy who doesnt even mine with most of his equipment here, yet bitches and moans more than anybody else.

ok, to play the Devil's Advocate for a moment, how do I get my earnings out in namecoins and BTC when they are under the Send threshold Huh

With all that is going on and the low speed that I can mine, i'm lucky if any shares that I can find are worth anything.

Always looking for donations even as low as 1uBTC
14XfpYPdtYiGoEiDcKrSzuvBM3ukhwANUh - BTC
LS7FEfu9ajp3NQcDjui9TSKscwQesj9i8k - LTC
LHe9g5ixMyfdtqAEHU5vErG1eQrDshBFRW -Luckycoin
Lucko

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 11:21:56 PM

I just posted a reason what you are having invalid blocks and added that it is relay bed time for Slush to have personal problems(since the problem is well know already). I wasn't moaning. But when attacked I don't run for cower but attack back with arguments.

And please explain me why I would mine with all of my equipment hire. Can you find a reason. No merge mining on stratum, errors poping up and no way to report them to admin to fix them in time, invalid blocks, no admin... When Slush will be back I can give you one but for now I relay can't.
daemondazz

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 11:28:12 PM

You won't get better rewards than here (as you know now) even with the minor issues, this pool is the best.

That's not true at all. With about 1.5GH/s, after 1 week mining here and 1 week mining on p2pool, I have 3 times as much from p2pool, even with only 9-10 blocks in a week.

Computers, Amateur Radio, Electronics, Aviation - 1dazzrAbMqNu6cUwh2dtYckNygG7jKs8S
nybbler905

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 11:30:45 PM

You won't get better rewards than here (as you know now) even with the minor issues, this pool is the best.

That's not true at all. With about 1.5GH/s, after 1 week mining here and 1 week mining on p2pool, I have 3 times as much from p2pool, even with only 9-10 blocks in a week.

WHICH p2pool?? i'm having issues with P2Pool.org not paying for the mining of Terracoins, looks alot like they set it up so no one really gets paid.  Tryed refreshing their payment page and it's always the same people!

Trongersoll

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 11:37:12 PM

ok, to play the Devil's Advocate for a moment, how do I get my earnings out in namecoins and BTC when they are under the Send threshold Huh

With all that is going on and the low speed that I can mine, i'm lucky if any shares that I can find are worth anything.

How do you get them out? you don't. if the amounts are that low you are talking fractions of a cent. you do know that you can change that threshold a bit. if your hash rate is that low, you might want to consider another hobby. Unless, of course, you are enjoying yourself, then mine on.

People are just annoyed that Lucko goes on and on about how bad things are here instead of just taking his marbles and going home. I'm sure he feels that he is helping everyone when he constantly points out the problems he finds. the thing is, everyone is tired of of hearing him. (reading him?) The only one that is really concerned with what he says is Slush himself, and either he isn't here or isn't talking. If he was really as altuistic as he claims, he could private message Slush and spare the rest of us. But, some people crave the interaction and will do whatever they can to get it.
nybbler905

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 11:47:21 PM

How do you get them out? you don't. if the amounts are that low you are talking fractions of a cent. you do know that you can change that threshold a bit. if your hash rate is that low, you might want to consider another hobby. Unless, of course, you are enjoying yourself, then mine on.

People are just annoyed that Lucko goes on and on about how bad things are here instead of just taking his marbles and going home. I'm sure he feels that he is helping everyone when he constantly points out the problems he finds. the thing is, everyone is tired of of hearing him. (reading him?) The only one that is really concerned with what he says is Slush himself, and either he isn't here or isn't talking. If he was really as altuistic as he claims, he could private message Slush and spare the rest of us. But, some people crave the interaction and will do whatever they can to get it.

That is a nice response to the question.... and I didn't mention that guy...
the shorter version I got from live help is just log in, click the Delete Account button and walk away.  any amount below the payout is below $1.00 USD so it's not a big issue and ' namecoin is dead anyway '

I for one am pulling what little hashing power for a week to ( unnamed pool ) that actualy pays low hash rates such as myself.

daemondazz

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 12:00:50 AM

WHICH p2pool?? i'm having issues with P2Pool.org not paying for the mining of Terracoins, looks alot like they set it up so no one really gets paid.  Tryed refreshing their payment page and it's always the same people!

Well this is a  bit off-topic for this thread, but as p2pool is a distributed system I set up my own node. Currently have one running for BTC and one running for TRC. Details at http://cryptominer.org/

Computers, Amateur Radio, Electronics, Aviation - 1dazzrAbMqNu6cUwh2dtYckNygG7jKs8S
lsvpa

Activity: 26

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 12:08:05 AM

I just logged in to check my account on the site... seems like it was hacked (yes I had changed my password after the last hack to something ridiculously complicated), and they changed the payout address of my BTC. 0.25BTC gone.

I checked the logs on my email - I did not receive an alert for an address change whatsoever, nor was my account accessed by any other computer but mine.

I changed the wallet back to one that I own.. of course I got an email confirmation / link for it.

It may be time pool operators start instituting 2 factor authentication.

Not running windows / flash / java / stolen software / don't reuse passwords, etc,  ... so no idea how it happened or what is going on.
nottm28

Activity: 574

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 12:58:41 AM

Best read of the night...

donations not accepted
nybbler905

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 01:07:45 AM

Well this is a  bit off-topic for this thread, but as p2pool is a distributed system I set up my own node. Currently have one running for BTC and one running for TRC. Details at http://cryptominer.org/

OK I'm jealous....
" Local Rate: 1.40 GH/s (3 miners) "

daemondazz

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 01:14:11 AM

OK I'm jealous....
" Local Rate: 1.40 GH/s (3 miners) "

That's only 2x 7950s and 1x 7870, I've got another 7870 on the terracoin node.

Anyway, this is OT for this thread, it might be best to come over to the p2pool thread to continue: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=18313

MisterAnf

Activity: 11

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 06:03:15 AM

One who calculated that have lost in last system crash of the reword system 0.01 BTC. If I have had all my miners hire I would have lost 0.03 BTC... And don't worry after that I did left and I'm looking when pool will become Slush pool again. Pool is good when Slush is hire. But right now it has one system failure after another. In 24 hours I have detected stratum not logging my shares for 16 minutes(after that time they did come back but according to forum posts they are lost if block ends), total crash of a reword system that cost me 0.01 BTC and 12 stratums disconnections without a reason(probably it cost me some BTC but is hard to say). If you are a hobbyist I do understand but if you look on this as a businesses it is a totally different story. ASIC is coming and every hash is important. If every day would be like that 24 hours that I tested if Slush fixed problems and I had all my miners on the pool I would lost out 0.03BTC*30days*130$=118$ per month. If I take today for example. I'm sure you had 2 invalid block or maybe even 3 not sure. That would be without even taking into account reword system problems that pool had again 0,09 BTC. So even more then in test(354$). If that are normal losses to you please send me that much or allow me to say Slush you must fix the problems. I'm not sure why you are not saying that since you should. But then again you might like to loos BTC if so you can loss then on my address I promis I will not send them back... 1CPPdCNUash5ZYQXNRDW8pQiYWzZh5hCFu

As I wrote earlier, I had no losses, no screwed up reward blocks, no stratum interface jumping or theoretically submitted but not counted shares. And yes I mine with single 7950 at 600Mhash/s give or take 20.
And my point is, you Lucko, get all those problems because of bad carma. You piss of so many people because of pointless bitching about losing 0,01 btc (can you buy anything in your country for $1,3 Huh i guess coffee cup is around $7 in starbucks?) You just annoy btc mining gods with complaining about getting less than you hoped for to get for free and put all this trouble upon yourself...

Just think about it. The Great Universe gave you ability to turn one resource into another, breaking the laws of everything by getting more in the process. (in my case it`s approx 1 to 3 - where 1 is electricity cost and 3 is btc value on mtgox) Than you calculate something and consider all that COULD be given to you - OWED to you... And jump around feeling betrayed and robbed!
WTF dude? Nobody owes you a shit, be grateful for what you get.
Or maybe plant couple of fields with vegetables and knock yourself out bitching on agricultural forums about the weather not cooperating and rather being a bad pussy! Imagine what losses are there to be had. Here, you never loose major part of investment, your mining rig. I mean, you never will loose it to slush`s pool. And if there will be some losses in blocks for me, I promise, i will send you twice the amount. Yes, I`m that confident, that I can triple the amount. Easily.
Lucko

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 06:12:59 AM
Last edit: May 29, 2013, 06:49:00 AM by Lucko

One who calculated that have lost in last system crash of the reword system 0.01 BTC. If I have had all my miners hire I would have lost 0.03 BTC... And don't worry after that I did left and I'm looking when pool will become Slush pool again. Pool is good when Slush is hire. But right now it has one system failure after another. In 24 hours I have detected stratum not logging my shares for 16 minutes(after that time they did come back but according to forum posts they are lost if block ends), total crash of a reword system that cost me 0.01 BTC and 12 stratums disconnections without a reason(probably it cost me some BTC but is hard to say). If you are a hobbyist I do understand but if you look on this as a businesses it is a totally different story. ASIC is coming and every hash is important. If every day would be like that 24 hours that I tested if Slush fixed problems and I had all my miners on the pool I would lost out 0.03BTC*30days*130$=118$ per month. If I take today for example. I'm sure you had 2 invalid block or maybe even 3 not sure. That would be without even taking into account reword system problems that pool had again 0,09 BTC. So even more then in test(354$). If that are normal losses to you please send me that much or allow me to say Slush you must fix the problems. I'm not sure why you are not saying that since you should. But then again you might like to loos BTC if so you can loss then on my address I promis I will not send them back... 1CPPdCNUash5ZYQXNRDW8pQiYWzZh5hCFu

As I wrote earlier, I had no losses, no screwed up reward blocks, no stratum interface jumping or theoretically submitted but not counted shares. And yes I mine with single 7950 at 600Mhash/s give or take 20.
And my point is, you Lucko, get all those problems because of bad carma. You piss of so many people because of pointless bitching about losing 0,01 btc (can you buy anything in your country for $1,3 Huh i guess coffee cup is around $7 in starbucks?) You just annoy btc mining gods with complaining about getting less than you hoped for to get for free and put all this trouble upon yourself...

Just think about it. The Great Universe gave you ability to turn one resource into another, breaking the laws of everything by getting more in the process. (in my case it`s approx 1 to 3 - where 1 is electricity cost and 3 is btc value on mtgox) Than you calculate something and consider all that COULD be given to you - OWED to you... And jump around feeling betrayed and robbed!
WTF dude? Nobody owes you a shit, be grateful for what you get.
Or maybe plant couple of fields with vegetables and knock yourself out bitching on agricultural forums about the weather not cooperating and rather being a bad pussy! Imagine what losses are there to be had. Here, you never loose major part of investment, your mining rig. I mean, you never will loose it to slush`s pool. And if there will be some losses in blocks for me, I promise, i will send you twice the amount. Yes, I`m that confident, that I can triple the amount. Easily.

OK on that case

amount due for yesterday is 0.0022 * 3 = 0.0066.

Reason? 2 or 3 invalid blocks that are too much not to be a pool error. Let see if you will be truth to your word.

And please do post statistic so I can find more...

EDIT: and my karma is OK. Yesterday we had 200% luck and I got a donation from a user that I helped troubleshot a strange problem... I was sure that will never happend but it did...
vs3

Activity: 622

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2013, 06:14:26 AM

And my point is, you ***, get all those problems because of bad carma. You piss of so many people because of pointless bitching about losing 0,01 btc (can you buy anything in your country for $1,3 Huh i guess coffee cup is around $7 in starbucks?) You just annoy btc mining gods with complaining about getting less than you hoped for to get for free and put all this trouble upon yourself...

Guys and gals - let's refrain from making things personal. Everyone is different. Some react to minor issues, some tolerate more.

It is a waste of everyone's time to complain of each other. And in this regard I'd like to ask everyone to take a note and learn from others' experience - and refrain from pointless posts and to as much as possible refrain from annoying other people whether willfully or not. (me being not exempt - I managed through not carefully picking my wording to offend others; hopefully no more)

Let's stay focused on how to mine more! I like Slush's pool even though it isn't perfect (who is?) and I'll continue mining here after I get my ASICs too!

gourmet

Activity: 311

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 06:30:53 AM

Thank`s and respect to Slush and the constructive folk who keep the forum useful!
+1
Pages: « 1 ... 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 [455] 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 ... 1154 »
  Print  

Jump to: