Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 06:50:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 [793] 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 ... 1154 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [4+ EH] Slush Pool (slushpool.com); Overt AsicBoost; World First Mining Pool  (Read 4381779 times)
Scyntech

Activity: 349
Merit: 250

“Blockchain Just Entered The Real World”

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:56:40 PM

Grin
My earnings for our mega round was '0.000000000' yep, that's right, nothing.

I had to laugh when I got home from work and noticed my network was down. Turns out its been down all day.
I'm back on now and ready for the next run of super quick rounds.
 Cheesy

So it is your fault that it took so long because you weren't helping. Wink

Twas my fault. I added 20Gh/s to my set up. I should have known better.

███████████████████████
     ███▄ ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄█▀▀  █████
    ███  █▀  ▀█▀▀▀       ▐█ ███
   ███  ▄██▄▄█▀▄▄▄        █▌ ███
  ███ ▄█▀  █     ▀█▄▄     ▐█  ▐██
 ███▄█▀    █        ▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄ ██
████▀      █           ▀██▀   ▀█ ██
 ██▀█▄     █          ▄█▀▀█▄▄▄█▀██
  ██ ▀█▄   █      ▄▄█▀▀    ▐█  ██
   ██  ▀█▄█▀▀█▄▄█▀▀        █▌ ██
    ███  █▄  ▄█▀█▄▄▄      █▌███
     ███  ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀█▄▄▐████
      ███████████████████████

▄▄       ▄▄▄        ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄ 
  ▀█▄   ▄█▀ ▀█▄    ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀   ▀▀█▄
    ▀█▄█▀     ▀█▄▄█▀  ▐█         █▌
    ▄█▀█▄      ▄█▀    ▐█         █▌
  ▄█▀   ▀█▄  ▄█▀       █▄       ▄█
▄█▀       ▀██▀          ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀

Network
BLOCKCHAIN JUST ENTERED THE REAL WORLD
  Decentralized Crypto-Location Oracle Network
GET WHITELISTED FOR TOKEN SALE ( Limited )

WHITE PAPER  ││  ANN Thread  Telegram   Medium   Twitter   Reddit
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
The Avenger

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 06:32:59 PM

Grin

I had to laugh when I got home from work and noticed my network was down. Turns out its been down all day.
 Cheesy
lol! Best story I've read today Grin

I jumped out of a few blocks over the last few days and then they finished within one or two hours. Which annoyed me.

Then I got pig-headed and decided I would not leave until the next block was found - no matter what.

25 hours later Cry

Quite literally the 100% worst possible block in the history of Slush's pool to decide to see through to the end and I did  Cry  Grin

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
Mblackout

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

BitRoll

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 08:15:13 PM

Grin

Cheesy

I jumped out of a few blocks over the last few days and then they finished within one or two hours. Which annoyed me.

Then I got pig-headed and decided I would not leave until the next block was found - no matter what.

25 hours later Cry

Quite literally the 100% worst possible block in the history of Slush's pool to decide to see through to the end and I did  Cry  Grin

that was brutal.   I was in it till the end.  These big blocks are killer!!!

Question about pools.  Why slush pool over eligius
finbad2

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 08:18:24 PM

its over  over yet,   so far 1 block in 30 hours......... and counting.....
The Avenger

Activity: 798

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 08:45:45 PM

Boom! Got sick of 30 hours and only one block, so jumped last block about 5 hr 50min. Less than an hour later it's found  Angry

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 08:56:50 PM

How long does it usually take for unconfirmed to become confirmed?
nottm28

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 09:01:50 PM

Tired of mining forever for 0 BTC?
Have a hundred clicks here for 1 BTC: http://whatever.scam.you.care.to.pick
It's so easy to earn, even I can approve...  Smiley
So let's just help each other to get some coins, folks... Cheesy

For the newbies - this is a SCAM warning - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=359078.0

donations not accepted
bspurloc

Activity: 569

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 09:03:41 PM

ONCE again a Big fail for Slush this is becoming far to common that rounds are not consistent hash rate continues to climb while pay out drops.  I have been a loyal miner on Slush since I began bitcoin mining and it saddens me that I am at a point where I will have to make a choice what is  the best use of my equipment.
I dont know about anyone else but I cant justify running nearly 1TH 24/7 and get one round in a day. just a complete waist of my equipment and electricity because this site cant seem to manage there equipment.

Not sure can hold out on this pool much longer.   

Would any one like to offer alternative pools and give reasons why they like each of them?Huh?

If you go over to Eligius and click on contributors you'll see exactly what you'll earn. It's steady plus you'll get some NMC as well. Your payout would be  1,000.86 Gh/s is 0.11842856 BTC per day.

"Your payout would be  1,000.86 Gh/s is 0.11842856 BTC per day."

In all honesty when eligius says your payout per DAY, it isnt accurate, it means your EVENTUAL payout would average this per day, cuz it is highly unlikely u r going to get paid out in a day.
 but regardless of that u wont earn anything significant more or less over slush. slush will almost always beat eligius by a tiny percentage over time.
but hey what do I know, oh yeah I mine both so I know.
bspurloc

Activity: 569

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 09:05:19 PM

Well I checked out Eligius and my "maximum" earning potential is .0939, oddly enough my past 5 days on Slush's has earned me an average of .0950. So a little bit more even with a 24 hour block...

EXACTLY. and that is how it will stay but showing people numbers > other numbers will never get them to see x+.01 > x when long blocks happen.
fredsbend

Activity: 20

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 09:11:06 PM

Yeah, pretty slow on finding those blocks lately. Over a whole freaking day just for one block.

I was tempted to switch over to another pool, but I keep coming back to this one thing:

Your payout over time should be roughly the same, whether solo-mining or in the largest pool (assuming 100% up time and your hashrate is constant) ... theoretically. But when does it become practically ineffectual to mine in a certain pool? I have a single Antminer S1 giving me an average of 205 Gh/s. Solo mining would obviously be quite futile. The average time I would solve a block over a large enough time frame, assuming constant difficulty, is about three years. That is obviously not practical at all. Slush's total hashrate says we should solve a block ever 4 hours and 41 minutes, given a large enough time frame and assuming constant difficulty. This has proven practically true until recently.

So whether in Slush's pool, somewhere else, or even solo-mining, my daily expected average BTC income from my 205 Gh/s is theoretically constant. And that amount is 0.0243 BTC. And given constant difficulty, a large enough time frame (probably like 50 years or so), the math proves that my daily BTC mined is the same no matter where I mine. Naturally, I didn't account for pool fees.

Back to practicality, how bad would Slush have to get for me to leave? Well, if a bunch of miners left the pool the hashrate would drop, but the reward I would get per block would increase. I would still be rewarded the same daily average, but I would have less frequent rewards. For me personally, I would be content with getting .0486 BTC per block but only once every other day on average. That means good rounds would give a block every day, but bad rounds could last five days. Either way, over a period of three or four months, its probably not that big of a deal.

So, for someone who hopes to make the cost of his S1 back in two to three months, I'm gonna just stick on Slush, unless there are obvious, non-mining related issues, like poor server execution or whatever, or blocks are being solved less than one per 40 hours. Why 40? Because it's a little less than two full days and there's a biblical feel to it. For 40 days we wander mt. slush, in search of holy Bitcoin.
nottm28

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 09:13:00 PM
Last edit: March 19, 2014, 09:25:10 PM by nottm28

How long does it usually take for unconfirmed to become confirmed?

Slush's pool takes 100 further found blocks for your reward to be confirmed. This is to ensure the block is not a duplicate in a fork etc. Other pools wait for up to 120 further founds blocks for your reward to be confirmed.

[edit] so 100 blocks average 10 mins per block (by design but quite often less) is approx 16.7 hours for a block to be confirmed.

donations not accepted
nottm28

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 09:17:16 PM

Yeah, pretty slow on finding those blocks lately. Over a whole freaking day just for one block.

I was tempted to switch over to another pool, but I keep coming back to this one thing:

Your payout over time should be roughly the same, whether solo-mining or in the largest pool (assuming 100% up time and your hashrate is constant) ... theoretically. But when does it become practically ineffectual to mine in a certain pool? I have a single Antminer S1 giving me an average of 205 Gh/s. Solo mining would obviously be quite futile. The average time I would solve a block over a large enough time frame, assuming constant difficulty, is about three years. That is obviously not practical at all. Slush's total hashrate says we should solve a block ever 4 hours and 41 minutes, given a large enough time frame and assuming constant difficulty. This has proven practically true until recently.

So whether in Slush's pool, somewhere else, or even solo-mining, my daily expected average BTC income from my 205 Gh/s is theoretically constant. And that amount is 0.0243 BTC. And given constant difficulty, a large enough time frame (probably like 50 years or so), the math proves that my daily BTC mined is the same no matter where I mine. Naturally, I didn't account for pool fees.

Back to practicality, how bad would Slush have to get for me to leave? Well, if a bunch of miners left the pool the hashrate would drop, but the reward I would get per block would increase. I would still be rewarded the same daily average, but I would have less frequent rewards. For me personally, I would be content with getting .0486 BTC per block but only once every other day on average. That means good rounds would give a block every day, but bad rounds could last five days. Either way, over a period of three or four months, its probably not that big of a deal.

So, for someone who hopes to make the cost of his S1 back in two to three months, I'm gonna just stick on Slush, unless there are obvious, non-mining related issues, like poor server execution or whatever, or blocks are being solved less than one per 40 hours. Why 40? Because it's a little less than two full days and there's a biblical feel to it. For 40 days we wander mt. slush, in search of holy Bitcoin.

+1

I have mined here for over a year and have briefly dabbled with other pools. My gut feeling always tells me this pool is the 'luckiest' in the long run. Plus if everyone switches to ghashio or btcguild - what do we end up with? One massive pool and centralised bitcoin mining. I'll always mine on 'not the biggest pool'.

donations not accepted
bebooba11

Activity: 39

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 09:57:17 PM
Last edit: March 20, 2014, 12:23:29 AM by bebooba11

+1

I have mined here for over a year and have briefly dabbled with other pools. My gut feeling always tells me this pool is the 'luckiest' in the long run. Plus if everyone switches to ghashio or btcguild - what do we end up with? One massive pool and centralised bitcoin mining. I'll always mine on 'not the biggest pool'.

Last time I hopped to BTCGuild, luck was down hard in Slushes pool...Slushs (in the long run) would have made me .12 to the .07 I pulled from BTC. I'm not leaving....
DaFunkyBeats

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 11:00:11 PM

Grin

Cheesy

25 hours later Cry

that was brutal.   I was in it till the end.  These big blocks are killer!!!

Question about pools.  Why slush pool over eligius

Where was Dean Cain & the 'Guinness Book of World Records' crew???  Did I miss'm??  Haha.
kkurtmann

Activity: 475

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 11:18:28 PM

well well well,  this will certainly separate the men from the boys around here........

or... the informed from the uninformed.

https://www.buytrezor.com?a=55c37b866c11   well sir, I like it!
kkurtmann

Activity: 475

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 11:29:53 PM

+1

good to see some informed people here recently.

https://www.buytrezor.com?a=55c37b866c11   well sir, I like it!
Cheeseater

Activity: 351

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 01:23:05 AM

BOOM from Gloom Cheesy
amspir

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 01:40:20 AM

Two in a row, that's more like it.
InfiniteGrim

Activity: 602

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:40:37 AM

Two in a row, that's more like it.

I love how we get the best luck when the pool is SHRINKING
tommymal83

Activity: 29

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 10:14:02 AM

:)with a bit of luck today we may well hit 5-6 blocks, that will do me....
Pages: « 1 ... 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 [793] 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 ... 1154 »
  Print  

Jump to: