Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:54:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 ... 180 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][YAC] YACoin ongoing development  (Read 379837 times)
indiamikezulu

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 12:01:47 AM

Good morning, fellow yacoiners!!

I want to thank and encourage you. I lack the knowledge to mine -- but I understand the financial crisis; and right now a massive massive amount of money is looking for a new home. In a year or two we will be looking back at these 'good old days' when coins were '0.0000---.'

So, redouble your efforts in mining and technical development, and us non-techies will work to create merchant facility for Yacoin

IndiaMikeZulu
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
feeleep
Legendary

Activity: 1197
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2013, 11:14:35 PM

Guys,

I managed to implement yac algo into cpuminer with stratum support - you can grab sources here:

http://www72.zippyshare.com/v/87101203/file.html

I will appreciate if someone can compile windows execs.

feeleep

Bumping - anyone able to do windows binaries?

I can try to do it as I have a build VM for yacoind/yacoin-qt anyway. Need to finish something else first, though. Shoot me a PM if I don't report back in ~3 days, mmkay?

So I tried to compile it yeasterday night, without success (anybody know how to properly build and install libcurl-dev in mingw/msys? -.-")
* sairon thinks cross-compiling in linux would be a much safer bet.

I managed to compile it on linux but only win32 (no idea how to do 64 bit binaries)

sairon

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

One does not simply mine Bitcoins

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 11:17:42 PM

Guys,

I managed to implement yac algo into cpuminer with stratum support - you can grab sources here:

http://www72.zippyshare.com/v/87101203/file.html

I will appreciate if someone can compile windows execs.

feeleep

Bumping - anyone able to do windows binaries?

I can try to do it as I have a build VM for yacoind/yacoin-qt anyway. Need to finish something else first, though. Shoot me a PM if I don't report back in ~3 days, mmkay?

So I tried to compile it yeasterday night, without success (anybody know how to properly build and install libcurl-dev in mingw/msys? -.-")
* sairon thinks cross-compiling in linux would be a much safer bet.

I managed to compile it on linux but only win32 (no idea how to do 64 bit binaries)

I've got an idea how to make the libcurl-dev working, I'll try that sometime tomorrow-ish. Will let you know how it goes.

GPG key ID: 5E4F108A || BTC: 1hoardyponb9AMWhyA28DZb5n5g2bRY8v
indiamikezulu

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 08:09:14 AM

Woo.hoo!!!

Yacoin now number twenty on coinmarketcap.

GO. US!!!

IndiaMikeZulu
Gorgoy

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 08:24:47 AM

Woo.hoo!!!

Yacoin now number twenty on coinmarketcap.

GO. US!!!

IndiaMikeZulu

This is so awesome, It's $.21 now, this is amazing. Go YAC!!!!!!

Ɏ : YEojPD2QxFVaSUypTLYhwJgmVekqoAtdE3
฿ : 1946hwLbBdLNSA1FFUY3ZvRx6j6dqvbzcE
Ł : LczTrStBZ8b1Y4DJU59CjtYRtjKufbTXPE
Ғ : 6i4S4BfHfC9LLmTBhjYDVKe7g8XfPz9uj8
Ψ : AGpoWwc6N59PPqKbzRTAiFG5WmDEQU7Ydp
ζ : ZLYFK2KNrFDDGVbEJPKnTdWuGk3iA3CNY2
G : GQbjHcGPgUwRBKZcdoMCpuf24QSXY5t5bf
igysa

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 04:36:02 PM

GO YAC GO !! Grin

BTC 1Hm2qSb1XZ8iAuogEqCBod17KQPHepjwF
LTC LWu3fAQuw36UVm6vASQgk6yQjgLgKmeWPD
YAC YKVQi33Jv7UaBtStgTDiCB2uL6vsYdX7be
dcl595

Activity: 381

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 04:56:40 PM

Crazy growth, and still pretty much under the radar imo
St.Bit

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 06:46:06 PM

Crazy growth, and still pretty much under the radar imo
Same goes with my giveaway threads, I just reduced it to 1$ for signing a message, but I still don't get many valid resposes.
I want to use these for voting later on so get your free coins.

Link is in my signature.

Sign a message and get some YAC: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300152.0
bitdwarf

The cryptocoin watcher

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 07:24:55 PM

Three things that haven't happened to YaCoin yet, and would push it further:

- Being listed on BTC-e
- Being mentioned at all in mainstream media.
- Twitter celebrity pump

Current marketcap is $3 million. For a fully functional currency system that's peanuts, that's what the average mom and pop startup is worth.

𝖄𝖆𝖈: YF3feU4PNLHrjwa1zV63BcCdWVk5z6DAh5 · 𝕭𝖙𝖈: 12F78M4oaNmyGE5C25ZixarG2Nk6UBEqme
Ɏ: "the altcoin for the everyman, where the sweat on one's brow can be used to cool one's overheating CPU" -- theprofileth
indiamikezulu

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 07:13:57 AM

Indeed, it is 'mainstream media' in a tiny way, Bitdwarf, but several tiny ads for Yacoinaustralia have appeared in our regional paper. Article on Yacoin/Yacoinaustralia/cryptos in general in the pipeline.

Low budget but working to connect Ordinary People to Yacoin

IMZ
procrypto

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Shitcoin Maximalist

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 03:48:28 AM

I've missed about six months of progress in both BTC and YAC (aside from helping my employer to integrate BTC payments - trying do my bit!). Totally took my eye off the ball due to life-changing events, but held onto my YAC through that time.

I've only been back to lurking the forums for a couple of weeks, and have already seen YACoin go from essentially rock bottom to where it is now.. exciting stuff Cheesy Also been throwing some hashing power at it, and have obviously noticed how difficult things have got for GPUs. The gap between my graphics card and my i7 is pretty small! AWS instances can do fairly well at the moment if purchased for a decent spot price. My pool is down for now so I've been mining on yac.coinmine.pl  Cool

I'd like to help where I can. I don't have crazy amounts of time to give, but am prepared to do what I can to help push things forward. It would perhaps be good if we had a parallel thread to this one, in private, as there are initiatives that could be discussed to market and promote YAC that would be better off kept under wraps until necessary.
Is this already going on somewhere?

On the technical front, my strengths are definitely more rooted in websites and services than the development of the client itself. Devs are very cheaply available on oDesk etc though, so I wonder if we could somehow create a fund to help accelerate the technical development. It's just a thought, and would require some discussion and prioritizing of goals if we could figure out how to get it together.

Glad to be back in touch with the crypto-community and really looking forward to experimenting with some new ideas.

hobble23

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 04:31:52 AM

I'd like to debug an issue I'm having with the latest client.  Can someone point me to the instructions folks used for the development environment setup?
sairon

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 08:24:17 AM
Last edit: December 02, 2013, 01:50:51 PM by sairon

OK thanks. Can anyone (St Bit?) confirm whether or not this occurs in yacoind? I'm having trouble replicating the issue, but I'm pretty sure it's a Qt issue. One potential solution is to load everything to a file and show just the last 50 transactions in the client.
Sorry, I can't help you.

I think it's just implemented not efficiently and normal users are usually not effected since they don't have that many inputs and/or a weak PC. For most people sendig it to a new adress should fix it. My netbook had it's first issues like this at around 120 transactions and currently it's not even capable of PoS minting.
It *could* be caused by the PoS minter thread going nuts (I've got slightly over 500 transactions in one wallet, all spent and the PoS minter thread constantly eats 25% cpu). Can someone with a large amount of transactions in wallet try my latest git version? Download, compile and run it with "-no-pos" parameter.

I'd like to debug an issue I'm having with the latest client.  Can someone point me to the instructions folks used for the development environment setup?
What issue, exactly?

Thirtybird

Activity: 693
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 03:13:19 AM

I've got an idea how to make the libcurl-dev working, I'll try that sometime tomorrow-ish. Will let you know how it goes.

My Github has build instructions for Win32 and Win64 posted (I worked this out a while ago, but don't have my MinGW VM's any longer) : https://github.com/Thirtybird/cpuminer/

Code:
Detailed Windows build instructions, using MinGW (64-bit):
        Install MinGW and the MSYS Developer Tool Kit (http://www.mingw.org/)
                * Choose C, C++ and MSys on install and select to have it update its libraries
                * Install into C:\MinGW
                * Add C:\MinGW\bin and c:\MinGW\msys\1.0 to your path
        Download MinGW64 from http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Toolchains%20targetting%20Win64/Automated%20Builds/
                * Choose mingw-w64-bin_i686-mingw_20111220.zip
                * Extract ZIP to C:\MinGW64
                * Add C:\MinGW64\bin to your path before C:\MinGW\bin
        Install libcurl devel (http://curl.haxx.se/download.html)
                * download curl-7.30.0.tar.gz from http://curl.haxx.se/download.html and put it in C:\deps\
                * launch an MSYS shell and enter the following commands (the configure step will take a long time!)
                        cd /c/deps
                        tar -xvzf curl-7.30.0.tar.gz
                        cd curl-7.30.0
                        ./configure --host=x86_64-w64-mingw32 –-prefix=/c/mingw64
                        make
                        make install
                        cp /c/deps/curl-7.30.0/docs/libcurl/libcurl.m4 /c/mingw/share/aclocal/libcurl.m4
        Install pthreads
                * download pthreads-20100604.zip from http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/External%20binary%20packages%20%28Win64%20hosted%29/pthreads/ and put it in C:\deps\
                * unzip the file to c:\deps\
                * In the mingw64 subdirectory is pthreads-w64.zip - extract the contents to C:\MinGW64
        In the MSYS shell, navigate to the CPUminer source code direcctory
                * You will likely get higher hashrates by forcing the compiler to build the executable for your
                  specific CPU architecture.  This is done by adding "-march=<value>" into the CFLAGS.  Those
                  values can be found at http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/i386-and-x86_002d64-Options.html
                          common choices for intel are : core2, corei7, corei7-avx
                          common choices for AMD are : athlon-fx
                * Execute the following (replacing the value of -march with the value for your CPU type)
                        ./autogen.sh
                        ./configure --host=x86_64-w64-mingw32 CFLAGS="-O3 -march=core2 -DCPU_X86_FORCE_INTRINSICS"
                        make
        Strip minerd.exe
                * In a command prompt, in the compilation directory, execute the following
                        x86_64-w64-mingw32-strip minerd.exe
        Combine the executables with the dependencies
                * copy minerd.exe, C:\MinGW64\bin\libcurl-4.dll, and C:\MinGW64\bin\pthreadGC2-w64.dll to the same directory

Architecture-specific notes:
        ARM:        No runtime CPU detection. The miner can take advantage
                of some instructions specific to ARMv5E and later processors,
                but the decision whether to use them is made at compile time,
                based on compiler-defined macros.
                To use NEON instructions, add "-mfpu=neon" to CFLAGS.
        x86:        The miner checks for SSE2 instructions support at runtime,
                and uses them if they are available.
        x86-64:        The miner can take advantage of AVX and XOP instructions,
                but only if both the CPU and the operating system support them.
                    * Linux supports AVX starting from kernel version 2.6.30.
                    * Mac OS X added AVX support in the 10.6.8 update.
                    * Windows supports AVX starting from Windows 7 SP1 and
                      Windows Server 2008 SP1.
                The configure script outputs a warning if the assembler
                cannot compile AVX or XOP instructions. In that case, the miner
                can still be built, but unavailable optimizations are left off.

YACMiner: https://github.com/Thirtybird/YACMiner  N-Factor information : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aj3vcsuY-JFNdC1ITWJrSG9VeWp6QXppbVgxcm0tbGc&usp=drive_web#gid=0
BTC: 183eSsaxG9y6m2ZhrDhHueoKnZWmbm6jfC  YAC: Y4FKiwKKYGQzcqn3M3u6mJoded6ri1UWHa
St.Bit

Activity: 280

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 07:57:20 PM

I'd like to help where I can. I don't have crazy amounts of time to give, but am prepared to do what I can to help push things forward. It would perhaps be good if we had a parallel thread to this one, in private, as there are initiatives that could be discussed to market and promote YAC that would be better off kept under wraps until necessary.
Is this already going on somewhere?
Unfortunately not, but we could make such section on yacointalk.
I'll talk to Obermensch what he thinks about this.

On the technical front, my strengths are definitely more rooted in websites and services than the development of the client itself. Devs are very cheaply available on oDesk etc though, so I wonder if we could somehow create a fund to help accelerate the technical development. It's just a thought, and would require some discussion and prioritizing of goals if we could figure out how to get it together.
Interresting.
Talk to Sairon and Joe about it.

If one of them would handle the funds I think we could get some donations for this.
Maby we could make the private thread readable for people that donated significantly to it so we don't have discussions about who's not in and why.

Sign a message and get some YAC: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300152.0
Dehumanizer

Activity: 77

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 10:48:25 PM

It *could* be caused by the PoS minter thread going nuts (I've got slightly over 500 transactions in one wallet, all spent and the PoS minter thread constantly eats 25% cpu). Can someone with a large amount of transactions in wallet try my latest git version? Download, compile and run it with "-no-pos" parameter.

I can try it, I did have a very small payout treshold set at the pool, left miner running on several servers for a few months and didn't care much about it and I ended up with over 1000 transactions, the current client now takes tens of minutes to start... Plus after I make a transaction from the client, it hangs for another few minutes.
Where can I find your latest git version? Is it the official one at https://github.com/yacoin/yacoin ?

sairon

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 11:19:41 PM

I can try it, I did have a very small payout treshold set at the pool, left miner running on several servers for a few months and didn't care much about it and I ended up with over 1000 transactions, the current client now takes tens of minutes to start... Plus after I make a transaction from the client, it hangs for another few minutes.
Where can I find your latest git version? Is it the official one at https://github.com/yacoin/yacoin ?
My git devel tree is at https://github.com/saironiq/yacoin-cc
It certainly won't fix the long start-up time issue as that's a completely unrelated performance problem (working on a fix). Making a transaction is also quite computationally-intensive task (signing hundreds of inputs with ECC crypto takes time). My latest commit just completely disables the proof-of-stake minting thread when given "-no-pos" commandline argument as I noticed it consumed quite a bit of CPU time on my PC even when not doing anything with the wallet and having exactly 0.00 YAC balance (with 500 spent transactions).

Dehumanizer

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 11:34:55 PM

My git devel tree is at https://github.com/saironiq/yacoin-cc
It certainly won't fix the long start-up time issue as that's a completely unrelated performance problem (working on a fix). Making a transaction is also quite computationally-intensive task (signing hundreds of inputs with ECC crypto takes time). My latest commit just completely disables the proof-of-stake minting thread when given "-no-pos" commandline argument as I noticed it consumed quite a bit of CPU time on my PC even when not doing anything with the wallet and having exactly 0.00 YAC balance (with 500 spent transactions).

Oh I see. Well my client is not consuming any CPU when idle so I won't be able to help here... But I can try it anyway.
Dehumanizer

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 03:48:41 PM

Ok, I have compiled your version, everything works, but since I did not have any high CPU usage problems before, it doesn't help much. I have tried running both with and without -no-pos and I don't see any strange behaviour for either one.
sairon

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 12:06:16 AM

Ok, I have compiled your version, everything works, but since I did not have any high CPU usage problems before, it doesn't help much. I have tried running both with and without -no-pos and I don't see any strange behaviour for either one.

Thanks for testing anyway.

Pages: « 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 ... 180 »
  Print  

Jump to: