Bitcoin Forum
July 23, 2018, 10:07:37 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.16.1  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 142 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Cast XMR] high speed XMR/CryptoNight miner for RX Vega GPUs (2 KHash/s)  (Read 166991 times)
R0mi

Activity: 305
Merit: 148

Theranos Coin - IoT + micro-blood arrays = Moon!

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 10:33:12 PM

that aug 23rd driver just crashed my 3 vega 56 build, only the robin hood drivers seem to work

I cant get over 1500 hash using your cast-xmr , and thats with 1400 core, 1090 mem and 20% power limit.

My garage is quite cool temps not over 70 degrees so its not throttling

help pls

Go back to the BlockChain drivers.  Use DDU to clean everything out.  Restart.  Install AMD Blockchain driver - DO NOT RESTART.

Instead, go into Regedit - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\

Find folder 000 - turn EnableAutoCrossfire to "0"
Find folder 001 - turn EnableAutoCrossfire to "0"
Find folder 002 - turn EnableAutoCrossfire to "0"

Then restart.  That should bring your system up without crashing.

I prefer to use OverDriveNTool and the SoftPowerPlay registry mod.

Find a registry mod that works (meaning you can install that registry mod and restart and your system does not crash)
Then save as many copies as you need with one edited for "000" another edited for "001" another for "002" and so on.  Then you just need to double-click on them and restart.

Try 1405 core / 905; Memory 1070 / 840 - use SoftPowerPlay mod
Reset HBCC in Wattman for each of your three cards.

Then launch Cast.

Walton Chain CEO Mo' Bling: "Walton Chain will be the Qualcomm + Cisco in the blockchain industry, the ‘Google’ of the Blockchain."  It's December 1999, do you know how your shitcoin holdings are doing?  Magic 8 ball market analysis: www.doiownashitcoin.com
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nemzy

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 10:42:24 PM

I have an issue when comparing hash rates reported from cast-xmr and the hashrates I see at the pool (supportxmr).

My benchmark rig is made of 4xVega56 flashed to 64 cards.

The hashrates for the rig shown by cast-xmr are 7870h/s, constant (i.e. no drops or anything). It's very stable within 40h/s.

However, the real hash rate reported by the pool (supportxmr) are lower than expected. I get 7250h/s. This is about 7.8% lower than reported by cast.

If we take into account:

-) 1.5% dev fee: 118,05 h/s
-) Rejected errors from old jobs (2%): 155 h/s

The total is 273h/s or 3.4%

I'm missing a total of 620H/s (7.8%!). That is another 347h/s  4.4% and is a relevant number.

I have no errors or disconnects. I've been chatting with the maintainers of supportxmr and they sustain that the 24hr period shall fall within 0.1-0.2% of the expected hash rate but mostly never beyond 1%. We're talking 4.4% here.

I'd like to ask if anybody is experiencing something similar, or do your real hash rates (from pools) actually match the reported cast-xmr rates?

thanks.

Is your 24-hour average at the pool consistently lower every day? I get much higher variance than 1% - but it goes both ways, and my average over several days is my hashrate -4.5-5%. I think that's normal - there may be other issues (little things, like the time to switch to mine the devfee, time to switch jobs, add up to something I assume) that make your miners' hashrate appear higher than normal. I don't know if the hashrate reported by the miner is an estimate or not, or whether it counts valid and invalid hashes.

Also, don't forget downtime. Even 15 minutes shaves off over 1%.
Average Hashrate for last 6 hours 3,914.1 H/s - 2 vegas 56 with 64 bios - same like on my miner .  current jump all the time , from 2900 up to 4900 ...
R0mi

Activity: 305
Merit: 148

Theranos Coin - IoT + micro-blood arrays = Moon!

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 10:45:28 PM

This miner totally outshines the RX 4xx/5xx series as the best of them could make you up to 700 Hash/s with modded Bios. Now this GPU which costs in Ebay the RX VEGA 56 in US cheapest price of 450-490 USD brand new gives us the hashing power of 3xRX 580 with modified Bios. Well done to the creator of such thing but why am I not seeing a fall in price of the RX 4xx/5xx series yet, they continue to be 300 USD or more at ebay ?

Mmm... even an RX 470 could do 860+ Hash/s.  Not sure why you list 700 H/s as the maximum.

I like Vega as well, but my god what a hassle between the buggy blockchain driver, crossfire always enabled by default, and pos Wattman.

Walton Chain CEO Mo' Bling: "Walton Chain will be the Qualcomm + Cisco in the blockchain industry, the ‘Google’ of the Blockchain."  It's December 1999, do you know how your shitcoin holdings are doing?  Magic 8 ball market analysis: www.doiownashitcoin.com
lankyman

Activity: 359
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 10:57:14 PM

Has anybody been able to run more than 5 Vega gpus in one rig with the blockchain drivers?

Once I put in the 6th card windows crashes for me.

when it crashes is it a mission to get windows to see the gpus again, or use them again i mean?
ihave 3 gpus and fark me, i get blue screens and stuff,i cant use msi afterburner for some bloody reason
and once i get a crash i struggle to get windows to see the gpus in a healthy state again
like when i run a miner sgminer claymore whatever  it crashes again,
just want to know your experience
VaynardW

Activity: 24

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 02:12:57 AM

That is the issue with amd cards, when they crashed and reset the driver, very rarely it returns to normal state
If you check with gpu-z or probably any monitoring tools, either the core or memory clock stuck and not coming back to idle state, at this point all you can do is hard reset, I've tried reenabling the cards through device manager, doesn't help
jmumich

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 03:47:11 PM

RE: Temperatures:

58 on GPU is too much.

The temperatures that cast gives are the GPU temps. These are irrelevant for vega as it's the HBM that gets too hot.

@OP: Please add HBM temperatures to the log on cast-xmr ! These are all we care for with vega!

Now, my GPU temps are always around 48-50C. The HBM is usually 10 degrees hotter (58-60C). At 65 the HBM will back-off to cool down and this will cause lower hash rate.

My ambient temp is about 25C and my fans are ~3200-3400 RPM. I do have fresh air intake blowing ambient air on the rigs.

Whatever you do, 65 is the limit on HBM.

How do we know that 65 is the limit on HBM? I have a rig of Vega 56 cards running at ~1950 h/s for over a week, with core temp set to 70 (high ambient temp location).

On the other hand, I had 2 rigs in a different location where I could easily keep them at 50c core. One runs at ~1950 h/s. The other would start out that high, and then drop sometime thereafter - usually 15 mins to an hour later. Restarting the miner (and it didn't matter which one) would bring them back up to 1950, but again only for a short time.

The only way I could fix it was to reinstall Windows, so I'm guessing there's something else at play here. Or it may be the HBM temp causes the hash rate drop as well, and I got a batch that is less sensitive. But either way I think there's another cause.
medium_scale_miner

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 04:01:03 PM

RE: Temperatures:

58 on GPU is too much.

The temperatures that cast gives are the GPU temps. These are irrelevant for vega as it's the HBM that gets too hot.

@OP: Please add HBM temperatures to the log on cast-xmr ! These are all we care for with vega!

Now, my GPU temps are always around 48-50C. The HBM is usually 10 degrees hotter (58-60C). At 65 the HBM will back-off to cool down and this will cause lower hash rate.

My ambient temp is about 25C and my fans are ~3200-3400 RPM. I do have fresh air intake blowing ambient air on the rigs.

Whatever you do, 65 is the limit on HBM.

How do we know that 65 is the limit on HBM? I have a rig of Vega 56 cards running at ~1950 h/s for over a week, with core temp set to 70 (high ambient temp location).

On the other hand, I had 2 rigs in a different location where I could easily keep them at 50c core. One runs at ~1950 h/s. The other would start out that high, and then drop sometime thereafter - usually 15 mins to an hour later. Restarting the miner (and it didn't matter which one) would bring them back up to 1950, but again only for a short time.

The only way I could fix it was to reinstall Windows, so I'm guessing there's something else at play here. Or it may be the HBM temp causes the hash rate drop as well, and I got a batch that is less sensitive. But either way I think there's another cause.

I also think it's another issue. My two Vega 56s have their HBMs at 55 C and I also get that drop after 15 to an hour as well.
bytiges

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 05:01:13 PM

The drivers do a lot of mangling of whatever you put in the registry. They also take a license in modifying those values at will under certain conditions.

Could it be a different power limit / power target on those cards that causes different behavior in the driver ?
HansHagberg

Activity: 52
Merit: 4

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 06:42:47 PM

I have some weird problems with Vega.
I had 3 of them running on a rig but couldn't get the blockchain driver working. I clean-installed everything and then the driver finally got detected by Cast-XMR.
However, power usage was through the roof and before I managed to get the powerplay mods installed, the PSU got overloaded and somehow damaged the setup when it shut down. Couldn't get the stuff running again but found no faulty components when trying them separately in other systems either...

So I moved the 3 amigos into another system and repeated the procedure. Started with 2 cards and this time, I applied powerplay. Now blockchain driver is recognized by Cast-XMR. Hashrate is around 1000 per card regardless of how much fiddling and toggling with devices or HBMC I try. Hashrate for DaggerHashimoto is a steady 44.1 so blockchain driver is definitely in use.

When I try dual mining, I get an instant hard crash no matter the settings with clocks and voltage.

When I connected the third card, the entire system bugged out and wouldn't even post. Had to tear out all GPUs and reset BIOS.
Hard to see what that has to do with the driver but I previously had all the cards running in this machine with newer drivers.

The question is why CAST-XMR gets such bad performance. I got better without the blockchain driver.

Blazin

Activity: 38

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 08:58:56 PM

I have some weird problems with Vega.
I had 3 of them running on a rig but couldn't get the blockchain driver working. I clean-installed everything and then the driver finally got detected by Cast-XMR.
However, power usage was through the roof and before I managed to get the powerplay mods installed, the PSU got overloaded and somehow damaged the setup when it shut down. Couldn't get the stuff running again but found no faulty components when trying them separately in other systems either...

So I moved the 3 amigos into another system and repeated the procedure. Started with 2 cards and this time, I applied powerplay. Now blockchain driver is recognized by Cast-XMR. Hashrate is around 1000 per card regardless of how much fiddling and toggling with devices or HBMC I try. Hashrate for DaggerHashimoto is a steady 44.1 so blockchain driver is definitely in use.

When I try dual mining, I get an instant hard crash no matter the settings with clocks and voltage.

When I connected the third card, the entire system bugged out and wouldn't even post. Had to tear out all GPUs and reset BIOS.
Hard to see what that has to do with the driver but I previously had all the cards running in this machine with newer drivers.

The question is why CAST-XMR gets such bad performance. I got better without the blockchain driver.

Personally, I could never get the PowerPlay modifications to work in the Windows registry. They always caused terrible hash rates on my Vega 64. (I think it is also because my Vega 64 does not overclock or undervolt well.) I ended up using Display Driver Uninstaller in safe mode to remove my AMD blockchain drivers and all of the registry modifications.

After restarting my PC, I reinstalled the blockchain drivers. I did not apply any SoftPowerPlay modifications or use OverdriveNTool. In your case, HansHagberg, you probably should just disable crossfire and avoid any other registry modifications. R0mi mentioned how to disable crossfire in post #302 above.

I enabled HBCC and set the slider to the max 16GB my system had available. I experimented a little with grandalph3000's (a.k.a. glph3k) recommended settings in Wattman. For my Vega 64, setting the core clock to -10.5%, setting the memory clock to 1025 MHz, and setting the power level to -15% was the best option. (-20% power or lower made my system crash.) Those settings got my Vega 64 to 1900 H/s in CastXMR.

I hope it helps, HansHagberg! Smiley
l1xx

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 12:23:51 AM

so, is it worth to waste the time to set it up on the flawlessly working 6 Vega 64 XMR-STAK rig ? The only real improvement I see while running it on 1 Vega test rig are the temps in the console (which I definitely like a lot tbh ).
Shnikes101

Activity: 226
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 12:32:28 AM

so, is it worth to waste the time to set it up on the flawlessly working 6 Vega 64 XMR-STAK rig ? The only real improvement I see while running it on 1 Vega test rig are the temps in the console (which I definitely like a lot tbh ).

I've been enjoying Cast's nicehash support these last few days. The premium there lately over straight xmr mining has been well worth it.
ronnieb

Activity: 53

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 03:12:20 AM

I've been enjoying Cast's nicehash support these last few days. The premium there lately over straight xmr mining has been well worth it.

What's your configuration like?
fr4nkthetank
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1006

Now the money is free, and so the people will be

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2017, 03:23:00 AM

theres no special configuration, just point your rig at nicehash servers and it'll work.  Only problem with nicehash is the difficulty but over time its all good.
tf2addict

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 04:08:35 AM

NiceHash has been killing it since Thursday/Friday last week.  Profit was starting to drop over the weekend but it's picking up again.  I hope it stays like this for weeks and months.

I still don't understand why this is happening, are people overpaying on their mining orders through NiceHash?
ronnieb

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 04:15:13 AM

NiceHash has been killing it since Thursday/Friday last week.  Profit was starting to drop over the weekend but it's picking up again.  I hope it stays like this for weeks and months.

I still don't understand why this is happening, are people overpaying on their mining orders through NiceHash?

I was wondering why their profitability calc was so off compared to others.....
ronnieb

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 04:50:37 AM

theres no special configuration, just point your rig at nicehash servers and it'll work.  Only problem with nicehash is the difficulty but over time its all good.

nicehash is weird for me, do you still keep your monero address in the config or the btc address they pay you out with?
Permonik

Activity: 179

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 06:39:26 AM

Hello dev., would it be possible to add function for automatic restart of program, when the someone of the cards showing constatly 0h/s? Or even soft restart the PC? Because sometimes happend that one card hang and than you will receive that all shares are constatly refusing by the pool.
Thx
Michael20

Activity: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 09:01:52 AM

Would be nice! And if automatic restart, gpu should be deactived and activated to become complete hash rate.
Hello dev., would it be possible to add function for automatic restart of program, when the someone of the cards showing constatly 0h/s? Or even soft restart the PC? Because sometimes happend that one card hang and than you will receive that all shares are constatly refusing by the pool.
Thx
VaynardW

Activity: 24

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 09:13:59 AM

nicehash is weird for me, do you still keep your monero address in the config or the btc address they pay you out with?

Just use the btc address with the worker name separated by a dot if needed,
What i dont like from nicehash is they closed the connection every 10 mins if your miner doesn't submit any share, and it takes time for the miner to reconnect (20 secs with cast XMR), although it only happen if your hashrate is low enough, this reconnect process sometimes hangs the card and you have to restart the miner manually
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 142 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.