Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:56:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... 155 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Cast XMR] high speed XMR/CryptoNight miner for RX Vega GPUs (2 KHash/s)  (Read 206338 times)
Morgon

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 01:53:23 PM

To echo commonorx - and I've said this before - LET'S KEEP THIS THREAD FOR CASTXMR-SPECIFIC DISCUSSION.

If you have questions/problems with initial setup, drivers, power, aftermarket cards, or stability that isn't specific to CastXMR (in other words, go download XMR-Stak and compare first), then we will help you in the de facto megathread for Vega discussion and troubleshooting:
Any word on amd vega hashrates?

To the users that are willing to help others, please ignore any questions that aren't Cast-specific - or better yet, quote the message and post it to the above thread. We need to direct non-Cast discussion away from here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
browndog785

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 02:56:26 PM

The max mem overclock I can get on 2x Vega56 is 930Mhz and 890Mhz @ 900mV.
They are giving me 1940 and 1860 H/s respectively.

Used powertables in registry and blockchain driver. Everything adjusted through OverdriveNTool without using WatMan.

Any hints on how to get more overclock?
rubine2323

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 05:42:11 PM

Used powertables in registry and blockchain driver. Everything adjusted through OverdriveNTool without using WatMan.

Which brand do you have?
Morgon

Activity: 75

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 06:25:15 PM

Which brand do you have?

A response to browndog's question was given in the appropriate thread.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 09:12:56 PM

What AMD driver are you guys using for mining?

What is the latest version? Do they plan to release a new version of blockchain driver in near future?

Block chain version - 17.40 or whatever it's listed as.
AMD has stated they do not plan to do another version of that driver, they APPEAR to be incorporating the changes in that driver into the "mainstream" drivers the past month or so.

Memory ability to overclock VARIES, sometimes from chip to chip.
 930 935 940 and rarely 945 seem to be the most "common" clocks that Vega56 memory will handle on a stock card.

Welcome to the Silicon Lottery, where most miners live pretty close to the edge!

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
VaynardW

Activity: 24

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 12:39:00 AM

Really don't know why you/others prefer Afterburner over OverdriveNTool? With second one you can precisely set all frequencies and voltages (fan speed and temp target also).

Simple, it's the results. As long as I can get the same results, that would be fine with me. Unless using the Tool would get a V56 to 2,1kh/s, then we'll talk.
Same as Cast, it's simplicity of not having to set threads for individiual cards with more or less (mostly more) results is the main attraction for me
maleone41

Activity: 13

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 01:39:48 AM

What is the most concise and least confusing tutorial you have found on setting it up with Afterburner?

Now that you mention it, i think i never saw any vega guides using that's using afterburner
What' i've done is pretty simple :

1. Install Blockchain driver
2. Install Afterburner minimum Ver 4.4.0 with vega voltage support
3. Set your voltage/clock/power limit if necessary
4. Switch HBCC toggle ( I was doing it before devcon method was found, and since i'm able to automate it each restart, i dont bother to change)
5. Basic Cast_XMR config...and done

I'm currently at
913 mv
-10% Powlim
Core 1474 Mhz
Mem 970 Mhz
Fan 40%

with average 1991 H/s with 96% accept rate, HBM temp at 72 (without -fastjobswitch)
No 64 bios, no overdriventtol, im not sure about power consumption since i dont any extra power meter around

Can you post your script to automate the hbcc toggle with devcon? I've followed every guide and recommendation and can't for the life of me get it to work after a reboot. Still have to go in and manually switch it through the stupid amd settings gui.
commonorx

Activity: 99

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 02:23:43 AM

What is the most concise and least confusing tutorial you have found on setting it up with Afterburner?

Now that you mention it, i think i never saw any vega guides using that's using afterburner

4. Switch HBCC toggle ( I was doing it before devcon method was found, and since i'm able to automate it each restart, i dont bother to change)

I'm currently at
913 mv
-10% Powlim
Core 1474 Mhz
Mem 970 Mhz
Fan 40%

with average 1991 H/s with 96% accept rate, HBM temp at 72 (without -fastjobswitch)
No 64 bios, no overdriventtol, im not sure about power consumption since i dont any extra power meter around

Can you post your script to automate the hbcc toggle with devcon? I've followed every guide and recommendation and can't for the life of me get it to work after a reboot. Still have to go in and manually switch it through the stupid amd settings gui.

Hey guys I just setup a huge script to cycle power on the whole rig every 3 seconds to keep the hash rate over 3K. You have to have afterburner, OverDriven, adrenaline drivers and wattman all running at the same time after the devcon reset. It's totally worth it! Also it re flashes the BIOS every time, just in case, before starting.

I also have a script that randomly sets different mv values for the memory just to keep things fresh and on the cutting edge. Even though you can't actually change voltage with any of these tools its fun to see different numbers. I am also working on a random regedit softpowerplay table app.

I also have one of those bobbleheads setup in front of a camera connected to the rig that makes sure the rig has a video stream going to it that ensures the hash rate does not drop below 3K for 2 seconds before the reset happens. Circusdad recommend that.

Also I don't use the compute option in the AMD driver cause I am not even using that driver anymore. I made my OWN!. It doesn't work. Can anyone help?? I don't know why I can't get more than 3 seconds in before a reboot.

Has anyone tired the blockchain driver?

That should cover it for today.. oh and BTW i am using xmr-stak-amd-CAST-XMR tool. You can double it all up for a super miner.
browndog785

Activity: 60

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 03:10:34 AM

Which brand do you have?

stock Sapphire RX Vega56
Cyan_Antares

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 06:42:16 AM

I'm currently at
913 mv
-10% Powlim
Core 1474 Mhz
Mem 970 Mhz
Fan 40%

it has been explained in this very thread before. download devcon.exe here:

https[Suspicious link removed]-without-downloading-and-installing-the-entire-windows-driver-kit-100-working-method/

Create a bat file (I'd recommend having Cast XMR, devcon and OverdriveNTool -if you use it, some people dont) in the same directory to make it even easier), launch it every time Windows starts:

Configure automatic login
If you’re building a dedicated mining rig, then you probably want your mining rig to boot up and start mining automatically, without any user intervention. We’ll need to enable auto-login for that to be possible.
Right-click on the Start Menu and select “Run”. Type “netplwiz” (without the quotes) at the prompt, and click “ok”.
Uncheck the box that says “Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer”.
Click “Apply”. You’ll be prompted to enter your password to confirm the change.

Configure your miner to start automatically
We want our rig to automatically start mining whenever it’s powered on or rebooted. That way, we keep mining losses to a minimum whenever a power outage occurs, and we don’t have to worry about manually starting it back up in other situations.
Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the folder where you created “mine.bat” in the previous step.
Right-click on your mine.bat file, and pick “Copy”.
Now, navigate to %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup (should be something like C:\Users\[YOUR WINDOWS USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup).
Right-click anywhere on the empty background of the Startup folder and select “Paste shortcut”.
You should see a shortcut to your mine.bat file appear in the startup folder. Windows should automatically execute it upon bootup.

This is the content of the batch file to keep everything automated at launch:

cd
devcon.exe disable "PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_687F"
timeout /t 5
devcon.exe enable "PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_687F"
timeout /t 5
Mine.bat
(if you have another bat to start mining once this process ends, this is just an example)

To keep everything automated with devcon.exe and any other mining program at startup so no program prompts you to let them run as an administrator, press the Windows key on the keyboard and search for user -or something similar- thus the Change User Account Control settings program appears, then just launch it and change the slider to Never notify.
kggcel

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 11:57:01 AM

I'm currently at
913 mv
-10% Powlim
Core 1474 Mhz
Mem 970 Mhz
Fan 40%

https[Suspicious link removed]-without-downloading-and-installing-the-entire-windows-driver-kit-100-working-method/

Create a bat file (I'd recommend having Cast XMR, devcon and OverdriveNTool -if you use it, some people dont) in the same directory to make it even easier), launch it every time Windows starts:

If you’re building a dedicated mining rig, then you probably want your mining rig to boot up and start mining automatically, without any user intervention. We’ll need to enable auto-login for that to be possible.
Right-click on the Start Menu and select “Run”. Type “netplwiz” (without the quotes) at the prompt, and click “ok”.
Uncheck the box that says “Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer”.

We want our rig to automatically start mining whenever it’s powered on or rebooted. That way, we keep mining losses to a minimum whenever a power outage occurs, and we don’t have to worry about manually starting it back up in other situations.
Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the folder where you created “mine.bat” in the previous step.
Now, navigate to %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup (should be something like C:\Users\[YOUR WINDOWS USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup).
Right-click anywhere on the empty background of the Startup folder and select “Paste shortcut”.
You should see a shortcut to your mine.bat file appear in the startup folder. Windows should automatically execute it upon bootup.

cd
timeout /t 5
timeout /t 5
Mine.bat
(if you have another bat to start mining once this process ends, this is just an example)

To keep everything automated with devcon.exe and any other mining program at startup so no program prompts you to let them run as an administrator, press the Windows key on the keyboard and search for user -or something similar- thus the Change User Account Control settings program appears, then just launch it and change the slider to Never notify.

Hi,
I have 2x Vega 64 + 3x RX580 on the same mobo... and have done all this... BUT

For one Vega I get 1800 H/s MAX
For second Vega I get 1200 H/s MAX
For the three RX580 I get 650H/s

I'm using the Blockchain driver and for some reason the Crossfire option is not presented on the Radeon Settings tool. Any hint?

It seems to me that HBCC is disabled for only one of the Vegas. Did somebody experienced that?

Cheers.
Cyan_Antares

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 12:24:38 PM

I'm currently at
913 mv
-10% Powlim
Core 1474 Mhz
Mem 970 Mhz
Fan 40%

cd
timeout /t 5
timeout /t 5
Mine.bat

Hi,
I have 2x Vega 64 + 3x RX580 on the same mobo... and have done all this... BUT

For one Vega I get 1800 H/s MAX
For second Vega I get 1200 H/s MAX
For the three RX580 I get 650H/s

I'm using the Blockchain driver and for some reason the Crossfire option is not presented on the Radeon Settings tool. Any hint?

It seems to me that HBCC is disabled for only one of the Vegas. Did somebody experienced that?

Cheers.
to disable Crossfire on all your Vega cards, follow the guide below, you must edit the registry. Vegas in my registry appear named as 687F instead of Vega 56 or something more familiar than that (but this should help you to identify them when you perform the search in the registry):

http://vega.miningguides.com/
maleone41

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 02:14:24 PM

I have confirmed that in the latest release - version 8 - there is an issue with running more than 3 RX 580s.

Ran the exact same command in version 7 and version 8: cast_xmr-vega -S <pool name> -u <addr> -G 0,1,2,3,4

Version 7 - Works perfectly fine, albeit performance is a little lower than expected.

Version 8 - Does not detect the fourth GPU. It detects the 5th one, which is weird. I've also tried with the --fastjobswitch, --forcecompute and --nonicehash parameters and that did not change the outcome.

Is anyone else having this issue? If so, is it a fix on your end or should I try to file a bug request with the dev?
rascabily

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 02:41:24 PM

I have confirmed that in the latest release - version 8 - there is an issue with running more than 3 RX 580s.

Ran the exact same command in version 7 and version 8: cast_xmr-vega -S <pool name> -u <addr> -G 0,1,2,3,4

Version 7 - Works perfectly fine, albeit performance is a little lower than expected.

Version 8 - Does not detect the fourth GPU. It detects the 5th one, which is weird. I've also tried with the --fastjobswitch, --forcecompute and --nonicehash parameters and that did not change the outcome.

Is anyone else having this issue? If so, is it a fix on your end or should I try to file a bug request with the dev?

x2
P00P135

Activity: 1123
Merit: 136

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 08:29:35 PM

Have you tried 8.1 from his website?  Not sure the difference in the two are.  Also maybe check to see if crossfire is enabled and disable it.
commonorx

Activity: 99

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 10:21:07 PM

Not knowing one thing about your setup or any other details, or anything you have tried, I would say that this is entirely your problem alone.

The reason it's not detecting the GPU's would be most likely attributed to your setup and nothing to do with CAST-XMR
dragonmike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 10:55:13 PM

Not using any monitoring script for now. Just trying to make it work reliably, basically.

Failing mobo is like the thing you don't want to happen because it's the one variable you tend to always rule out when you have issues. On my two rigs of RX570's I've got some GPUs chugging at 1950MHz mem speed, while other keep crashing at 1850 and lower -h values (in Claymore). I can't think there's anything wrong with the GPUs, so it's gotta be risers... or the damn mobo.

Let's see how the Vega rig behaves...

No issues so far with version 0.7 and it has been 4 hours.

@dragonmike I've been stable since yesterday and the only thing i changed was running Cast XMR v0.7 vs v0.8

How are things on your end?
Very stable since I applied a soft power play table and realised I could finally increase mem voltage that way.
Currently running the flashed 56's at 1966h/s avg, mem clock = 1125, 1.025V. That's a bit on the high side, powerwise (approx 200W per card) but I'll tweak a bit more when I have more time. At least now I'm happy I've found a stable setting that hasn't crashed for 3 days! Cheesy
crush

Activity: 260
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 11:16:36 PM

What about the hashrate for mainstream cards? I have some RX580, but I use minergate to mine XMR, it's not so profit, I want to change my mining software. I want check its performance first.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
maleone41

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 01:17:38 AM

Not knowing one thing about your setup or any other details, or anything you have tried, I would say that this is entirely your problem alone.

The reason it's not detecting the GPU's would be most likely attributed to your setup and nothing to do with CAST-XMR

Well I'm not the only one with the issue and it worked fine in a previous version...
AlexanderDumas

Activity: 206

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 01:43:25 AM

Well I'm not the only one with the issue and it worked fine in a previous version...
Maybe try to check one of your raisers?
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... 155 »
  Print  

Jump to: