Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:35:19 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 [107] 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 ... 265 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Anoncoin chat thread (including history)  (Read 530484 times)
anderl

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 02:35:38 AM

So is this like where I  can get my ttorretnts....?

overthetop2011

Activity: 678

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 02:52:06 AM

Why does no one concern about the TITAN of DPOS ?

that is really anonymous mechanism.

Maybe you can help Anoncoin, I see you know Chinese ?

Yeah, I am chinese .

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion★  Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Anonymous and Untraceable
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
meeh (OP)

Activity: 490

:)

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2014, 04:25:33 AM

Yeah, I am chinese .

If I'm correct we're (the team) hiring chinese translations for the client itself. Is this something that might interest you or someone you know?

overthetop2011

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 04:30:06 AM

Yeah, I am chinese .

If I'm correct we're (the team) hiring chinese translations for the client itself. Is this something that might interest you or someone you know?

I can try , how should I do?

Smiley

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
newb4now

Activity: 686

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 05:25:27 AM

Anyone understand the big drop on Cryptsy recently?

Its hard to understand with zerocoin testnet coming soon
drAGon925

Activity: 527

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 06:08:26 AM

One man sold, and there is no resistance. 1 BTC or less can be played and manipulated with ANC market.
That's why we need more people involved.
varun555

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 07:32:30 AM

I like the "ZeroTrust" idea,
people who know something, but not much will ask themselves "how can one coin be in another"
I mean by Anoncoin with Zerocoin implant..

Word Zero is important to stay in this moment, but I would rather like some kind of AnonTrust or similar..

Ignore guy like teenager bangomatic, he left culture in first month of birth.
This kind of communication he learn on some pump'n dump exchange site chats, or at home.

A few cool ideas by several people but anontrust is the ace of spades.

Anoncoin is the coin.
Anontrust would be a great algorhythm or whatever.

Then there should be a quick summary, a few words, explaining the concept of trustlessness, having security without having to trust in any potentially weak link.

HOW ABOUT CLEARCOIN?
n00n

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 08:24:44 AM

n00n ... do you mean readable as in "Is the Mandarin correct" or as in "Does it look good language wise"

Yes it does look awesome ... and I don't speak Mandarin^^ sorry.

sorry, me not being clear enough.
i mean: is it easy to read the text due to how it looks? size, font, letter spacing, colors...
n00n

Activity: 32

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 08:29:09 AM

http://image.bayimg.com/b407671743457d68f8daaa9b7ec64f3bb9e934f5.jpg

wonder..... is the readable.....? looks really cool though

Not good in chinese translation.

Grin

great! sounds like that you could read it due to how it looks? size, font, letter spacing, colors...
its google translate just for this purpose, the translation itself will have to be done in another way Smiley

is there anything else we should be aware of? is it better to translate to "simplified chinese" than "traditional chinese"? what are the dirreferences?
or should we say "mandarine"?
AnoncoinNews

Activity: 3

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 10:22:02 AM

Anoncoin open bounties
August 9, weekly summary

Publication of an article about bitcoin-related privacy/anonymity solutions on a cryptocurrency or internet-privacy web site.
250 ANC
https://wiki.anoncoin.net/Article_1

Addition of a new commercial internet web site that accepts ANC to the Anoncoin wiki.
5 ANC for each link
https://wiki.anoncoin.net/Commerce_1

The best css design for the new anoncoin-qt wallet.
100 ANC
https://wiki.anoncoin.net/QT_CSS

Create a working anoncoin android wallet
250 ANC
https://wiki.anoncoin.net/Android_Wallet

If you would like to see additional bounties, please donate ANC.
https://wiki.anoncoin.net/Donate
TheKoziTwo
Legendary

Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 11:03:05 AM

Well they started talking about ZC last year, it was first estimated that ZC testnet would be out in March. Then it was estimated that it would be out by mid July. Then it was estimated that it would be out in September. It's natural that people loses faith when deadlines goes by (without any particular explanations as to why). On top of that, zerocash is being developed and is closing in, if zerocash ends up being released before zerocoin I think the spotlight will be on zerocash even though there is a technical differences between them. Everybody is waiting for the zerocoin devs to release a coin so I tend to think ANC will lose its first mover advantage.

And then there has been other developments recently such as the crypto note protocol with currencies like Monero gaining traction. These are already fully functional, anonymous currencies. This is what ANC has to compete with and the longer it takes the less likely it is to succeed.

drAGon925

Activity: 527

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 11:55:42 AM

Well they started talking about ZC last year, it was first estimated that ZC testnet would be out in March. Then it was estimated that it would be out by mid July. Then it was estimated that it would be out in September. It's natural that people loses faith when deadlines goes by (without any particular explanations as to why). On top of that, zerocash is being developed and is closing in, if zerocash ends up being released before zerocoin I think the spotlight will be on zerocash even though there is a technical differences between them. Everybody is waiting for the zerocoin devs to release a coin so I tend to think ANC will lose its first mover advantage.

And then there has been other developments recently such as the crypto note protocol with currencies like Monero gaining traction. These are already fully functional, anonymous currencies. This is what ANC has to compete with and the longer it takes the less likely it is to succeed.

yea, best would be if you know exactly the day and hour when will be the release of zerocoin, so few minutes before you can buy , and sell 24h after..
Who find anonymity in other coin, I suggest him to stay focused on that coin.
varun555

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 02:17:25 PM

yea, best would be if you know exactly the day and hour when will be the release of zerocoin, so few minutes before you can buy , and sell 24h after..
Who find anonymity in other coin, I suggest him to stay focused on that coin.

I think the issue is why the general population is not accepting the coin the way they should, even though you strive to provide the best characteristics needed in one.
And no doubt you people are trying very hard.

I am not a techie, so I don't know this possible or not, so here is some food for thought.....
Maybe we can build an ecosystem around the coin (which provides complete anonymity too)...... something on the lines of Syscoin or Ethereum........

so it would be something like ......Here's  the best coin to buy  your soda and here's the best place to buy one (without anyone knowing about it).

maybe this can attract the flocks to the coin , provide grounds for publicity as well as provide sustained revenue streams for the developers....
entertheabyss

Activity: 644
Merit: 502

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 04:52:35 PM

Anonymity, or the promise of it, is no longer a super feature si ce more and more coins are offering it. Each coin will explain why their anonymity is better than the other guys anonymity. But at the end of the day any new tech can build a better anonymous coin simply by improving the ones that already excist.

In order for a coin to succeed at this point it has to appeal to people on a visceral level. A nice theme about their favorite animal, a catchy name, a naked lady on the wallet, whatever. Then once people move toward the coin and it vets scrutinized it must have the ability to withstand the scrutiny, i.e., good features, ethical devs etc.

One of the strongest themes in the online world, across the globe, has been that of standing up to government corruption, pushing back against predatory law enforcers and militaries, exposing mafia style bureaucrats etc.

Anoncoin should always try to build better algorhythms, improve whatever it can improve, but it would be wise to drop this obsessive bullshit with zerocoin, which few people really care about, and by few I mean very few, and focus on promoting something that a lot of prople really do support. Guy Falkes, generous links to progressive political sites, substance.

You are welcome to create your own AnonCoin promotional website with tons of links and resources to whatever political organizations and privacy solutions you support. I have a feeling the the Devs would like to keep this currency officially apolitical. But by all means go for it, the more viability the better. You are certainly entitled  to vocalizing your own opinion. I am sure you will be able to bring lots of support.

Regarding the coin with the best possible anonymity. AnonCoin is the only coin implementing zerocoin in any serious way. It is the best known trustless approach mathematically. Once implemented will be superior to all others in this regard.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
lunokhod2

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 05:30:37 PM

Anonymity, or the promise of it, is no longer a super feature si ce more and more coins are offering it. Each coin will explain why their anonymity is better than the other guys anonymity. But at the end of the day any new tech can build a better anonymous coin simply by improving the ones that already excist.

In order for a coin to succeed at this point it has to appeal to people on a visceral level. A nice theme about their favorite animal, a catchy name, a naked lady on the wallet, whatever. Then once people move toward the coin and it vets scrutinized it must have the ability to withstand the scrutiny, i.e., good features, ethical devs etc.

One of the strongest themes in the online world, across the globe, has been that of standing up to government corruption, pushing back against predatory law enforcers and militaries, exposing mafia style bureaucrats etc.

Anoncoin should always try to build better algorhythms, improve whatever it can improve, but it would be wise to drop this obsessive bullshit with zerocoin, which few people really care about, and by few I mean very few, and focus on promoting something that a lot of prople really do support. Guy Falkes, generous links to progressive political sites, substance.
Then, what you should do is the following: Find your favorite political organization, and convince them that they should accept Anoncoin, but not Bitcoin or any other crytocurrency.

I think that the life of this coin depends upon both its utility and its features. It will not survive without anonymity (i.e., Zerocoin), and it will not survive if you can't spend it on something that can't be bought with Bitcoin.
meeh (OP)

Activity: 490

:)

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2014, 07:04:11 PM

Ok, just to be clear, nothing said official/seriously, I'm probably just talking when I should stay quiet. But I was looking into cryptonote yesterday to check out possibilites to move ANC to that codebase with ZC included, under my drunkness late friday night surfing. Smiley Who knows if the thought grows or not, but focusing on ZC first of all now.

overthetop2011

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 07:24:14 PM

wonder..... is the readable.....? looks really cool though

Not good in chinese translation.

Grin

great! sounds like that you could read it due to how it looks? size, font, letter spacing, colors...
its google translate just for this purpose, the translation itself will have to be done in another way Smiley

is there anything else we should be aware of? is it better to translate to "simplified chinese" than "traditional chinese"? what are the dirreferences?
or should we say "mandarine"?
simplified chinese is better.

Smiley

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
lunokhod2

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 08:17:31 PM

Maybe we can build an ecosystem around the coin (which provides complete anonymity too)...... something on the lines of Syscoin or Ethereum........

Ecosystems, including in economics, are not koi ponds. Trying to manipulate an ecosystem into existence is foolish. Better to observe what is happening, what is going to happen by itself, then act.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wu_wei

You are welcome to create your own AnonCoin promotional website with tons of links and resources to whatever political organizations and privacy solutions you support. I have a feeling the the Devs would like to keep this currency officially apolitical. But by all means go for it, the more viability the better. You are certainly entitled  to vocalizing your own opinion. I am sure you will be able to bring lots of support.

Regarding the coin with the best possible anonymity. AnonCoin is the only coin implementing zerocoin in any serious way. It is the best known trustless approach mathematically. Once implemented will be superior to all others in this regard.

Agreed. I have respect for people like scala and anoncointeamtwitter who go out on a limb solo. I do have a lot of websites already that I do not work on because of my current situation, i.e., limited electricity, mostly android etc. One more website to not be able to really work on is pointless at the moment. Soon I may get better opportunities.

As for zerocoin, there are a lot of anonymous algorhythms. Each says it is the best. At this point anonymous coins are a dime a dozen and more are being created daily. It would be nice perhaps if zerocoin were the only game in town but reality interferes, it's not. People need to be honest and admit no single algorhythm will be on top for long and depending on an algo to carry a coin longterm is not realistic.

As for the devs wanting to keep the coin apolitical, I have made my case for taking a stand. If you support not taking a stand please state your case, defend your position. The center of a highway leads to a cemetary.

Then, what you should do is the following: Find your favorite political organization, and convince them that they should accept Anoncoin, but not Bitcoin or any other crytocurrency.

I think that the life of this coin depends upon both its utility and its features. It will not survive without anonymity (i.e., Zerocoin), and it will not survive if you can't spend it on something that can't be bought with Bitcoin.

No, that's not what I should do.

At the moment I am presenting a case for taking the coin in a certain direction. If you disagree then please argue points rather than childish silliness about what I should do. Do you disagree with my position? Then say so and explain why instead of trying to pretend to be the adult in the room.

As for utility and features, those things are closely related. Almost every coin has utilities and features, and what it lacks in them it can add easily. I am discussing a separate issue, whether the coin should represent or defend something beyond utilities/features. Its very obvious the developers tried to create some support for the anonymous political theme early on. The question now is whether they are going to retreat and start focusing only on the privacy feature or whether they are going to go with what attracted many people to the coin early on.

Anoncoin has declined sharply in interest since it has moved to bland conservative themes. People need to decide what anoncoin is going to do. If you disagree please do it with opinions or points.
Yes, I do disagree with you. None of the coins today are anonymous (including this one without zerocoin). If you think that anonymous coins are a dime a dozen, then you have been fooled. If they were, then I would agree with your position: Anoncoin would probably need to brand itself in some way in order to distinguish it from the rest.

I also disagree with with the statement that there has been a move to "bland conservative themes". What is your evidence? Have the developers or Anoncoin changed in any way?

Lastly, I disagree that the coin doesn't represent anything. Anonymity is a political statement.

lunokhod2

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 08:28:24 PM

Meeh,

Will Anoncoin be moved to the Privacy Solutions Project (http://privacysolutions.no/), just as i2pd and Absconde bundle have? Maybe there is a good reason to keep the two separate.
WDL

Activity: 54

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 09:28:07 PM

Ok, just to be clear, nothing said official/seriously, I'm probably just talking when I should stay quiet. But I was looking into cryptonote yesterday to check out possibilites to move ANC to that codebase with ZC included, under my drunkness late friday night surfing. Smiley Who knows if the thought grows or not, but focusing on ZC first of all now.

Dear meeh and Gnosis:

The value of Anoncoin depends on Zerocoin and I2P rather than  something else,Cryptonote is quite a different set of protocol which differs from bitcoin protocol and it has been implemented by  XMR BBR QCN,etc.To implement Zerocoin is always our top priority.Don't doubt this point,please.
Considering the fierce competition of the Altcoin world,it is necessary for us to finish the task as soon as possible instead of  postponing again and again.ANC community is a powerful group,We have many distinguished members such as lunokhod2 n00n geekz ILoveAnon,,,they do a lot of work for the community.I think we all like your geek spirit,for me, this is the spirit of Liberty.This is the reason I became a member of the community.I believe we will win.COME ON.
Pages: « 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 [107] 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 ... 265 »
  Print  

Jump to: