Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:10:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 [154] 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 ... 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058396 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 02:01:06 AM

Re fees, remember that "coin age" is part of the fee calculations too, so if one time that you send an amount you had old coins adding up to that amount you will get one fee but then if next time you try to send the same amount and the only coins you have left to use are new ones (such as when you only had about enough and the only reason you have it again to send it again is the other person testing with you sent it back to you) the fee could well be higher because part of the anti=spam concept is to discourage sending the same coins back and forth back and forth back and forth like you might be doing in your testing if you didn't have much in the wallet that you are testing with in the first place.

That is part of why I tried to suggest lookign what the fee would be using one version of the client - an old one already in use for a long long time - then look what the new client would say the fee would be for the same amount sent using the same wallet. In other words don't actually send the coins since that would change the contents of the wallet. Just look what the client says the fee would be, then try the other client to see what it says the fee would be.

Once you actualyl send the wallet changes, and if you send most of what you have then the other tester sends it back it has become new coins, each send consumes "coin age", the newer the coins you want to send the more it looks like you are spamming the blockchain by sending back and forth or around in circles, which, taken to extremes, is one method of spamming blockchains thus one thing the anti spam stuff is trying to discourage aka make expensive.

However if I understand the posts-so-far correctly I get the impression the problem has actually been that one of the testers was not downloading what they thought they were downloading due to some"placeholder" concept confusing which files are which versions for what platforms.

Re the volatility not knowing how much a share is does increase the unpredictability. It does not really seem all that hard to figure out that a devcoin is worth usually somewhere between 30 and 230 satoshis, nor that is as been more usual lately to be between 30 and 130 than between 130 and 230. SO I think a lot of that side of the uinpredictability is easily solved by not placing "market orders" but instead simply placing a sell offer at a a price of your choosing, such as at the price your budget or business plan assmed.

e.g. If your business plan calls for being able to get 100 satoshis of bitcoin per devcoin, place your order at that price. It might take a while, but there does not seem to really be much doubt that one can get that much per devcoin even though we did go through a longer dry spell than hoped/expected lately between one time offers to sell at 100 were gobbled up and the previous period in which such offers were gobbled up.

It is a queue, really. Everyone who wants to dump their devcoins is in a first in first out queue at any particular price. The delay in getting your offers to sell at 100 accepted by a buyer is partly due to all the people who placed their offer to sell at that price before you did. Then also by all the people who got impatient and decided to place their offer at 99 so it would get acted upon before all of the offers to sell at 100. Then some folk get even more impatient and decide they won't wait for 99, they will wait for 98 which will come sooner, so a queue starts to build up at 98. And so on.

I have orders placed way up over 300, I only recall seeing such orders gobbled up once but I plan to have it happen again so I have offers up there so as to be first in line to sell at those prices when the time does come that they start being acted upon.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 02:42:10 AM

So GetMinFee does the following:
Code:
int64 nMinFee = (1 + (int64)nBytes / 1000) * nBaseFee;

and then allowfree which resets nMinFee back to 0 if its a small transaction (I commented this out for now)

and then   

Code:
 // DEVCOIN: To limit dust spam, require an additional one tenth of CTransaction::nMinTxFee/CTransaction::nMinRelayTxFee for each output
    BOOST_FOREACH(const CTxOut& txout, vout)
         nMinFee += nBaseFee / 10;

Which adds  a small dust fee protection. SO there can never be any free transactions.

For my tests regardless if I try to send myself 1 coin or 50k coins I get the same transaction size of about 225-227 bytes... thus my fee is always a little over 1 coin since basefee is 1 coin. However the above minfee calculation truncates values so that minfee will jump to 2 coins once nBytes is > 1000 and less than 1499 (the normal c++ round would round up at 1500). So you get jumps... however if we do:

Code:
int64 nMinFee = roundint64((1.0 + (double)nBytes / 1000.0) * nBaseFee);

then we get a smooth fee increase as bytes increase. so for 225 bytes this now prints out 1.427 dvc fee as opposed to 1.2 dvc fee for the code that truncates. If nBytes fluctuates quite often then we might want to use the one I changed it to, the double casting and roundint64...

Wekkel, since your transaction was 2k the fee would jump so this confused me still as I don't know how its getting 6 dvc from nBytes of 2000 and nBaseFee of 5 coins.

Anyways now as nBaseFee is 1 coin and nBytes is 2000 then we should get 3*nBaseFee or 3 coins for a transaction with 2000 bytes. I think that is fair? I dont know what a common huge transaction is that would make the fee higher?

sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 03:04:42 AM

Anyways for now the pushed version 1.0.6 (WINDOWS 32  Tongue) is the one we should test with... min fee is 1 coin and seems 0.2 fees to send coins back and forth (the normal 225-230 bytes) peer to peer transactions.

IsDust picks up transactions smaller than 546.00 uDVC and doesn't allow them to be sent (value too low).
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 03:53:15 AM
Last edit: December 27, 2013, 04:03:55 AM by markm

We have always had free transactions, I think, haven't we?

Or maybe it was just taking a fee without telling me?

I have had sends to Vircurex take many hours to get confirmations, I had always figured that was because they included no fee.

Dust protection is supposed to force a few on tiny tiny transactions, not slap on a tiny fee on all transactions.

I am not positive though.

But I routinely all along have sent transactions of millions of coins at a time without seeing any mention of any fees.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
eeh

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 03:56:42 AM

Think of referrals as a way to permanently tip another user that has helped you. You can earn a minute percentage of fees/points for folks you refer, but they must use your referral code when they sign up.

1. Cryptsy.

If anyone would like to trade DVC at Cryptsy and hasn't signed up yet, please consider using my referral code https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=46 to sign up.

You can also enter my referral ID ceb9475ab6f51ade79b2fbee2dcbc059fe0b9159 if you don't have anyone filled in to that field yet.

Disclosure: I would ideally receive a Cryptsy Points for trading activity that you perform. I'm not sure how much or even if they can be used for anything yet.

2. Vircurex.

My referral URL is https://vircurex.com/welcome/index?referral_id=991-14430. Please consider signing up for Vircurex if you have not done so thus far. In my opinion, it is the best place to buy and sell DVC.

3. Crypto-Trade.

My personal referral link is https://crypto-trade.com/ref/eeharris.

I would encourage everyone to share their information or perhaps unthinkingbit would allow us to post our referral links on our Devtome pages under the Tips section.

EDIT: I apologize if this is considered panhandling or hoboing. I think all the Devtomers should be supporting each other with this feature.
jasinlee

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 04:10:09 AM

Someone delete this ^.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
eeh

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 04:11:34 AM
Last edit: December 27, 2013, 02:17:56 PM by eeh

Someone delete this ^.

I reported it as spam/troll. Ridiculous.

EDIT: The Mod has deleted that enormous picture of CatCoin. Thank you, admin folks.
Bittzy78
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1019

I do not give financial advice .. do your own DD

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 04:15:54 AM

i've been around for long enough to experience volatility in all its forms.

I'm totally ok with it now. I do not want total predictable reliable price stability.

I want to get a fair amount of value for open source projects funded.
The coin says that '90% of miners profits' are given away to fund those projects, right?

Maybe you can try to guarantee a minimum payout expressed in a more stable currency and then offer the payout in DVC. That would require store DVC in large quantities that could become a problem.  But it is still feasible.

When and if the price stabilize then you can offer random payouts, but now... it doesn't make much sense.  Not only the price of 1DVC is volatile, but even the number of coins per shares :\

I agree, the only way that someone is going to make a very expensive Devcoin ATM is if the business model of making the ATM is feasible. The 96 share bounty will simply be a bonus or a thank-you for a job well done.

My guess is there will be some company out there who makes an ATM at can accept a wide variety of crypto and Devcoin will simply be one of them.

~2 cents~

Something like a coinpayments with a logo saying wr accept coinpayments! Meaning any alts like dvc can be used to fund your account.. We should talk to coinpayments and push for people to accept coinpayments not just dvc.. and work with coinpayments to get more marketing exposure on their website so that people will start to prefer dvc as the defacto payment on their system..

That way if atm accepted coin payments it wiuld be a win win for dvc.

We have to be careful with this. We might end up with an ATM that has 6500 different logos of currency/crypto/card types that are accepted. One could spend 15 minutes trying to find the right logo to see if they can use the machine or not.  Smiley

Yeah, it will probably be a company like Coinpayments and some specilized ATM maker that get together and squirt out some type of  hybrid ATM that can accept cryptos. Making it might be the easy part. The hard part will be trying to convince store owners to put this machine somewhere.

Leverage the share system put them on the receiver list.. we can pay for extra exposure.. give shares to store owners for x rounds to give incentive to use ones that support devcoin.

I think that Coinpayments should probably get some shares on the receiver list as long as they accept Devcoins as payment. It could provide them some incentive to continue to do so.

There could also be an agreement to provide them a specified bounty for a website uupgrade and advertising of their services. I think the next logical step by Devcoin would be to take the bull by the horns and have partial ownership of a payment processor such as Coinpayments. I know the market cap is small right now but there could possibly be room for a 10% to 20% ownership stake if the price was right.

░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░▒▒▒████████████████▒▒▒░░
░░▒▒██████████████████████▒▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒████████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒█████████▀▀▀▀███████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████▀      ▀██████▀    ▀████▒░░
░░▒██████▄        ▀██▀       ████▒░░
░░▒███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒▒██████████████████████▒▒░░
░░▒▒▒████████████████▒▒▒░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░

▄                   ▄   ▄                                                        ▄
        ▀ ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄     ▄  ▄████████▄ ▄   ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██████     ▄▄██████   ████████████████   ▀▀  ██████████▀▀    ██████     ▄ ██████  ████████████████▄▄
  ██████   ███████    ▀ ██████  ██████████████████     ████████████     ███████    ▀▀██████  ████████████████▀▀
  ██████   ████████     ██████  ██████▀    ▀██████    ██████████████    ████████     ██████ ▄██████
  ██████ ▄██████████    ██████  ███████▄▄             ██████  ██████    █████████    ██████ ▀██████
▄ ██████   ██████████   ██████   ███████████▄▄       ██████    ██████   ██████████   ██████  ██████████████
▀ ██████   ███████████  ██████  ▄ ▀█████████████▄    ██████    ██████   ███████████  ██████  ██████████████  ██
  ██████   ██████ █████ ██████  ▀    ▀▀███████████  ██████      ██████  ██████ █████ ██████  ██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀
  ██████ ▄ ██████  ███████████            ▀▀███████ ██████████████████  ██████  ███████████  ██████
▄ ██████ ▀ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄     ▄██████████████████████████ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀ ██████   ██████    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████ ██████    ████████████████████████████
  ██████   ██████     ████████▀█▀███████████████████████          ████████████     ████████▀▀█████████████████
  ██████   ██████      ███████    ▀▀███████████▀▀ ██████    ▄▄    ████████████      ███████
           ██████     ▄ ██████           ▄▄                 ▀▀          ██████     ▄ ██████▄▄

GET IN TOUCH              
.▬▬Announcement▬▬.
Facebook | Twitter | Discord | Insane Hub
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 04:25:02 AM

I have had sends to Vircurex take many hours to get confirmations, I had always figured that was because they included no fee.

Dust protection is supposed to force a few on tiny tiny transactions, not slap on a tiny fee on all transactions.

But I routinely all along have sent transactions of millions of coins at a time without seeing any mention of any fees.

-MarkM-

The dust fee was always there but no box shows up it just sends it with the fee since it is small... It is now 0.2 dvc as 1 basefee is 1coin as market cap rises this makes sense.

The small transactions that are dust arent even allowed to send now..
Unthinkingbit

Activity: 935
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 04:34:08 AM

Dust protection has to be a tiny fee on all transactions, otherwise an attacker could send medium amounts to himself many times. I don't know if the code was enforcing fees on all transactions, but that was my intent.

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 04:37:31 AM
Last edit: December 27, 2013, 06:29:20 AM by markm

Dust protection has to be a tiny fee on all transactions, otherwise an attacker could send medium amounts to himself many times. I don't know if the code was enforcing fees on all transactions, but that was my intent.

Oh okay, I guess I just had not noticed the fee since it wasn't actually saying anything about it (like this will cost X in fees, send anyway? or whatever).

I guess bitcoin only used coin age to prevent the sending to yourself around in circles approach to spamming/bloating the blockchain.

Not sure why we thought that wasn't enough to work for devcoin too though.

(Maybe bitcoin didn't have the coin-age parts back in those days?)

-MarkM-

sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 04:59:54 AM

Oh okay, I guess I just had not noticed the fee since it wasn't actually saying anything about it (like this will cost X in fees, send anyway? or whatever).

I guess bitcoin only used coin age to prevent the sending to yourself around in circles approach to spamming/bloating the blockchain.

Not sure why we thought was wasn't enough to work for devcoin too though.

-MarkM-

Essentially they just enabled isdust function which throws the tx away or some other weird logic inside wallet.cpp that increases the fee until it gets high enough to be acceptable and another that adds fees if your close to the creation of a block?

since btc dust in devcoin codebase turns out to be under 526 uDVC medium amount are still very low in terms of btc or usd so we need to add a valid fee to deter devcoin dust.. This is valid on something like under a few hundred devcoins.. im seeing this howver wekkel is reporting he doesnt get the confirmation for 1.2dvc fee on small transactions like 10dvc like I do.. it sent it for 0.2 dvc fee.. Id like 1.0.6 to be used be a few ppl to ensure it works as I expect and like it worked on my machine.
Unthinkingbit

Activity: 935
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 06:27:35 AM

I didn't know it was using coin age to stop that. In any case, even if coin age can stop dust, free transactions are still a cost on the network.

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 06:30:39 AM

I didn't know it was using coin age to stop that. In any case, even if coin age can stop dust, free transactions are still a cost on the network.

Absolutely. Bitcoin had been promoted as no transaction fees so kind of had to use coin-age instead of all transactions having a fee.

We don't advertise free transactions hopefully so aren't thusly constrained.

-MarkM-

weisoq

Activity: 720
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 10:00:52 AM

I've only ever noticed a flat 1 dvc fee. Perhaps with very low sums it differs. Makes sense to not have any transactions actually prevented as risks having to change code again in the event that price rose significantly or micro-payments become very popular.
Hunterbunter

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 12:09:38 PM

Let me put you through an example: Say I want to build a DVC ATM machine (ndr: which I do want, and I have skills, tools, people, and time ) .  
It takes a lot of effort, work, components, people and skills. There is a  96 shares pending bounty on it.
But before digging into the project and starting taking my time out of other paid projects, buy materials and hire people I want to make some math.  
The problem is.... I can't! 96 shares could be anything between 2k$ and 25k$ by the time I'm done. Right?
It doesn't make sense. I created a certain value for the community and I would like to receive a fair value back. Not just a random number.  Don't you think so?

At some point, 96 shares may be worth between $25k and $250k, or $250k-$2.5m. The first person/group who can produce the bounty economically will do so, including or excluding the bounty in their business plan - which is a risk in itself, since if they're second to market, they must rely on market demand alone (or perhaps a reduced bounty). There is no guarantee the price will ever get that high, but the point in time it is produced will be the moment that someone finds the risk acceptable and goes for it.

cyke64

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 01:27:21 PM

Sidhujag get 48 shares provisionally, on the condition that a code report shows that the changes are the same as that of the most recent source from Twobits:
https://gitorious.org/devcoin/devcoin

The changes must be identical or else there could be a network fork. Since we now need a quick code report, the bounty for that has been boosted to 12 shares for the first report and 6 shares for the second report.

Hello,

Here's a detailled code report.
I took ALL the commits made by Twobits or twobits in the devcoin client.
I made a list from all the changes made by twobits and compare with the code of Sidhujag.

historical commits from twobits

May 26 2013   #fd07754  don't need stack randomization macro with [...] (twobits)
https://gitorious.org/devcoin/devcoin/commit/fd07754b44b6fb4d4f402085c9321f9cfbff6737

May 26 2013   #bdce5f0  Make things say devcoin (twobits)
https://gitorious.org/devcoin/devcoin/commit/bdce5f0526530a8bc24128cd0428403795373ce2

Jul 5 2013   #1785cc4  Add RPC commands: getblockhash and getblock (twobits)
https://gitorious.org/devcoin/devcoin/commit/1785cc420cd280abdb68b3af83d9dd3a28e5ef2d

Jul 16 2013   #fba32e5  Clean up headers. (Twobits)
https://gitorious.org/devcoin/devcoin/commit/fba32e5e31dcaa9d0f60d7c24000b24bb1dbcea2

Jul 18 2013   #29ddd73  only the ui files need to include xbm files (Twobits)
https://gitorious.org/devcoin/devcoin/commit/29ddd73a8b3dd6cf49e38ac5b2f98a32eab35cc6

Jul 18 2013   #f1d5b3c  devcoin graphics (twobits)
https://gitorious.org/devcoin/devcoin/commit/f1d5b3c56c74ea80a8aa21111dca2d4d17d077d1

Aug 20 2013   #ce01e7a  match rpc port change to 52332 in official repo (twobits)
https://gitorious.org/devcoin/devcoin/commit/ce01e7af882ae6579204168e3c4d1a0871936a37

Aug 20 2013   #6241096  BIP 30 (twobits)
https://gitorious.org/devcoin/devcoin/commit/62410960cc5c23921a18040529e2524780af8b6c

Aug 20 2013   #4e23c18  add DNSSeeds (twobits)
https://gitorious.org/devcoin/devcoin/commit/4e23c180945785c49bbab682b7f6c6e1eda29b05

historical commits from twobits with commited files

May 26 2013   #fd07754  don't need stack randomization macro with [...] (twobits)
src/db.cpp (2) -+
src/irc.cpp (1) -
src/net.cpp (4) ----
src/rpc.cpp (1) -
src/util.h (13) -------------
share/pixmaps/devcoin.ico (0)
share/pixmaps/favicon.ico (0)
share/pixmaps/nsis-header.bmp (0)
share/pixmaps/nsis-wizard.bmp (0)
share/ui.rc (2) -+
src/ui.cpp (2) -+
src/uibase.cpp (14) -------+++++++
src/uibase.h (6) ---+++
src/main.h (1) -
src/rpc.cpp (92) -------+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
src/headers.h (21) ------------+++++++++
src/net.cpp (3) +++
src/protocol.h (11) -++++++++++
src/headers.h (15) ---------------
src/ui.cpp (5) +++++
src/xpm/bitcoin80.xpm (2) -+
src/xpm/bitcoin16.xpm (350) -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
src/xpm/bitcoin20.xpm (315) ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
src/xpm/bitcoin32.xpm (341) ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
src/xpm/bitcoin48.xpm (401) ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
src/xpm/bitcoin80.xpm (492) ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Aug 20 2013   #ce01e7a  match rpc port change to 52332 in official repo (twobits)
src/init.cpp (2) -+
src/rpc.cpp (6) ---+++
src/main.cpp (26) --++++++++++++++++++++++++
src/net.cpp (9) ------+++

30 committed files list by twobits

src/db.cpp (2) -+
src/irc.cpp (1) -
src/net.cpp (4) ----
src/rpc.cpp (1) -
share/ui.rc (2) -+
src/ui.cpp (2) -+
src/uibase.h (6) ---+++
src/main.h (1) -
src/rpc.cpp (92) -------+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
src/net.cpp (3) +++
src/ui.cpp (5) +++++
src/xpm/bitcoin16.xpm (350) -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
src/xpm/bitcoin20.xpm (315) ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
src/xpm/bitcoin32.xpm (341) ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
src/xpm/bitcoin48.xpm (401) ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
src/xpm/bitcoin80.xpm (492) ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
src/init.cpp (2) -+
src/rpc.cpp (6) ---+++

remarks :
          src/net.cpp appearing in two commits !
          src/rpc.cpp appearing in three commits !
          src/ui.cpp appearing in two commits !
          src/headers.h appearing in two commits !

25 unique files by twobits

src/db.cpp (2) -+
src/irc.cpp (1) -
src/net.cpp (4) ----
            (9) ------+++
src/rpc.cpp (1) -
            (92) -------+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
            (6) ---+++
share/ui.rc (2) -+
src/ui.cpp (2) -+
           (5) +++++
src/uibase.h (6) ---+++
src/main.h (1) -
              (15) ---------------
src/net.cpp (3) +++
src/init.cpp (2) -+

Compare Twobits changed files with same Sidhujag files

Twobits Files not used or cosmetic changes in Sidhujag

ok (bmp files replaced by .png files !)
ok (ico files replaced by good ico files)

ok (xpm file not used by qt version -> use png instead)

src/ui.cpp (2) -+
src/uibase.h (6) ---+++
ok (these files are not used by QT version -> not important : only bitcoin replace by devcoin string !)

ok (file doesn't exist in qt version -> other file used for headers ?)

Twobits Files changes important in Sidhujag

Aug 20 2013 #4e23c18  add DNSSeeds (twobits)
https://gitorious.org/devcoin/devcoin/commit/4e23c180945785c49bbab682b7f6c6e1eda29b05

src/net.cpp   
ok ("dvcstable01.dvcnode.org" , "dvc-seed.21stcenturymoneytalk.org", "dvcstable01.devtome.com")

https://gitorious.org/devcoin/devcoin/commit/ce01e7af882ae6579204168e3c4d1a0871936a37

src/init.cpp (2) -+
src/rpc.cpp (6) ---+++
ok (in init.cpp replace "8332" string port by "52332" string port)
ok (rpc.cpp is subdivided in many files with rpc prefix but no string containing 52332 or 8332 -> perhaps defined in another place ? )

https://gitorious.org/devcoin/devcoin/commit/fba32e5e31dcaa9d0f60d7c24000b24bb1dbcea2

* file doesn't exist in qt version
but for BSD version need these lines
#define __STDC_LIMIT_MACROS
// to enable UINT64_MAX from stdint.h   
#include <stdint.h>

src/net.cpp (3) +++
* missing (stdint include)
#include <stdint.h>

* missing (idef for win)
#ifndef _WIN32
#include <netinet/in.h>
#include <sys/socket.h>
#include <net/if.h>
#include <netdb.h>
#include <ifaddrs.h>
#endif

https://gitorious.org/devcoin/devcoin/commit/1785cc420cd280abdb68b3af83d9dd3a28e5ef2d

src/main.h (1) -
* not removed (class declaration in qt version -> used in qt version ?)
//class CBlockIndex;

ok (rpc.cpp replaced by rpcblockchain.cpp)
ok (change in fonction double GetDifficulty()
ok (functions getblock and getblockhash added (same code)
* differences (in function block on three Pairs names)
In twobits |in  sidhujag
result.push_back(Pair("blockcount", blockindex->nHeight)); | result.push_back(Pair("height", blockindex->nHeight));
result.push_back(Pair("hashprevious", blockindex->pprev->GetBlockHash().GetHex())); |  result.push_back(Pair("previousblockhash", blockindex->pprev->GetBlockHash().GetHex()));
result.push_back(Pair("hashnext", blockindex->pnext->GetBlockHash().GetHex())); |  result.push_back(Pair("nextblockhash", blockindex->pnext->GetBlockHash().GetHex()));

https://gitorious.org/devcoin/devcoin/commit/62410960cc5c23921a18040529e2524780af8b6c

* differences
In twobits commit , the rule applies to all blocks whose timestamp is after March 15, 2012, 0:00 UTC (1331769600)   
   and on testnet it is enabled as of februari 20, 2012, 0:00 UTC. (1329696000)
In Sidjuhag version , for DVC the rule BIP30 for Devcoin will go into effect on 2013-09-01 0:00 UTC (1377993600)
I think that Sidjuhag version is correct !

https://gitorious.org/devcoin/devcoin/commit/fd07754b44b6fb4d4f402085c9321f9cfbff6737

ok (no stack random macro implemented in util.h and not used in any files !)

src/db.cpp (2) -+

ok (change applied in   void CDB::Flush() in Sidjuhag version)

src/irc.cpp (1) -
* no irc.cpp file in Sidjuhag version !

src/net.cpp (4) ----
ok (macro not used)

src/rpc.cpp (1) -
ok (macro not used in rpcblockchain.cpp)

ok (no stack random macro implemented)

Before reaching to a conclusion I would like comments from Sidhujag on my code report. Now I can't show if changes are the same or not (fork or not fork ?)   Embarrassed

Cyke64

The first difference about the timestamp on bip30 I think that is to avert a potential problem in the future so since blocks are already created and patch is applied I think its safe? Unless someone can prove me wrong?

On the blockcount to height rename etc looks like simple rename if these are rpc calls We just need to ensure that the merged mine proxy doesnt make the old calls. i downloaded latest one from i0coin and dbl checked with namecoin so it will use renamed rpc calls if thats the casse. i will check.

Do merged mine pools run thru this merged mine proxy in the contrib folder?

The main stuff is the createnewblock processblock where the reciever stuff is the small changes there but we already talked about that... Am i right in saying that since i take a fresh database and fill it with the blockchain from block 1 and it downloads all blocks that the block processing and bip stuff is all good?

Merged mining will test any rpc differences since i did internal mining I didnt jog the getworkaux stuff. You can merge mine on testnet too using the nerged mine proxy and the three nodes I have setup in the src folder just run the three batch files and then comnect the proxy.. Then point miner to proxy.. Getworkaux gets called but i got no new blocks i thought ut was a setup issue since my network is locked down from blockchain downloads on my dev machine.

Did you look at the devtome technical page and compare with new code? Also receiver.h was changed did you catch that?

On the blockcount to height rename etc looks like simple rename if these are rpc calls We just need to ensure that the merged mine proxy doesnt make the old calls. i downloaded latest one from i0coin and dbl checked with namecoin so it will use renamed rpc calls if thats the casse. i will check.

twobits | sidjuhag
result.push_back(Pair("blockcount", blockindex->nHeight)); | result.push_back(Pair("height", blockindex->nHeight));
result.push_back(Pair("hashprevious", blockindex->pprev->GetBlockHash().GetHex())); |  result.push_back(Pair("previousblockhash", blockindex->pprev->GetBlockHash().GetHex()));
result.push_back(Pair("hashnext", blockindex->pnext->GetBlockHash().GetHex())); |  result.push_back(Pair("nextblockhash", blockindex->pnext->GetBlockHash().GetHex()));

not important because these pairs are only used here locally in this file (no definition in another place)

Here are more details and check about BIP.
* differences
In twobits commit , the rule applies to all blocks whose timestamp is after March 15, 2012, 0:00 UTC (1331769600)   
In Sidjuhag version , for DVC the rule BIP30 for Devcoin will go into effect on 2013-09-01 0:00 UTC (1377993600)

In twobits | In Sidhujag
no BIP16  | BIP16 enabled
BIP30 after March 15,2012 | BIP30 after 2013-09-01

Getworkaux gets called but i got no new blocks i thought ut was a setup issue since my network is locked down from blockchain downloads on my dev machine.

src/init.cpp (2) -+
src/rpc.cpp (6) ---+++

PROBLEM :
port used by RPCPORT is always 52332 (there's no testnet) in twobits instead of bitcoin RPCPORT 8332.
In Sidhujag , port used is 7332 defaut and for testnet 17332 (src\bitcoinrpc.cpp,src\init.cpp)
Could it be the source of your problem ?

Did you look at the devtome technical page and compare with new code?"

CreateNewBlock

Everything is correct (like twobits)
I check out also the GetKeyID function you used instead of finding the hash160.

pblock->vtx[0].vout[0].nValue = GetBlockValue(pindexPrev->nHeight+1, nFees);
   txNew.vout[0].nValue = minerValue + nFees;
in devtome wiki technical

But in all codes (twobits,Sidjuhag) , it's  pblock->vtx[0].vout[0].nValue = minerValue + nFees;
so wiki content should be corrected with the right assign statement.

GetNextWorkRequired
code contents are the same except your difficulty rule code for testnet you added.

generation rate

devtome wiki :
//static const int64 MIN_TX_FEE = 50000;
static const int64 MIN_TX_FEE = 500000000;
//static const int64 MIN_RELAY_TX_FEE = 10000;
static const int64 MIN_RELAY_TX_FEE = MIN_TX_FEE;
//static const int64 MAX_MONEY = 21000000 * COIN;
static const int64 MAX_MONEY = 21000000000 * COIN;

Twobits | Sidjuhag :
static const int64 MAX_MONEY = 21000000000 * COIN; | static const int64 MAX_MONEY = (int64)21000000 * (int64)1000 * COIN;
static const int64 COIN = 100000000; | static const int64 COIN = 100000000;
MIN_TX_FEE  | int64 CTransaction::nMinTxFee = COIN;
MIN_RELAY_TX_FEE |   int64 CTransaction::nMinRelayTxFee = COIN;

MIN_TX_FEE = MIN_RELAY_TX_FEE = 500,000,000 but in Twobits and Sidhujag values are
100,000,000 = COIN
Why ?

Disbursing the Share
Code is the same.

receiver.h was changed

Yes but I don't see any problem (you add code for testnet and some debug code)

I'm waiting for your comments about this code report
Cyke64

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 02:13:14 PM

Unthinkingbit's original approach to the second to the post problem was to award bounties to the first few of a thing instead of only to the first.

I have seen that for pretty much all the bounties that I have noticed. Is that not the case with the ATM bounty or is that approach not a good one?

-MarkM-

sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 04:00:08 PM

Sidhujag get 48 shares provisionally, on the condition that a code report shows that the changes are the same as that of the most recent source from Twobits:
https://gitorious.org/devcoin/devcoin

The changes must be identical or else there could be a network fork. Since we now need a quick code report, the bounty for that has been boosted to 12 shares for the first report and 6 shares for the second report.

Hello,

Here's a detailled code report.
I took ALL the commits made by Twobits or twobits in the devcoin client.
I made a list from all the changes made by twobits and compare with the code of Sidhujag.

historical commits from twobits

https://gitorious.org/devcoin/devcoin/commit/bdce5f0526530a8bc24128cd0428403795373ce2

https://gitorious.org/devcoin/devcoin/commit/29ddd73a8b3dd6cf49e38ac5b2f98a32eab35cc6

https://gitorious.org/devcoin/devcoin/commit/f1d5b3c56c74ea80a8aa21111dca2d4d17d077d1

historical commits from twobits with commited files

src/db.cpp (2) -+
src/irc.cpp (1) -
src/net.cpp (4) ----
src/rpc.cpp (1) -
share/ui.rc (2) -+
src/ui.cpp (2) -+
src/uibase.h (6) ---+++
src/main.h (1) -
src/net.cpp (3) +++
src/ui.cpp (5) +++++
src/init.cpp (2) -+
src/rpc.cpp (6) ---+++

30 committed files list by twobits

src/db.cpp (2) -+
src/irc.cpp (1) -
src/net.cpp (4) ----
src/rpc.cpp (1) -
share/ui.rc (2) -+
src/ui.cpp (2) -+
src/uibase.h (6) ---+++
src/main.h (1) -
src/net.cpp (3) +++
src/ui.cpp (5) +++++
src/init.cpp (2) -+
src/rpc.cpp (6) ---+++

remarks :
          src/net.cpp appearing in two commits !
          src/rpc.cpp appearing in three commits !
          src/ui.cpp appearing in two commits !
          src/headers.h appearing in two commits !

25 unique files by twobits

src/db.cpp (2) -+
src/irc.cpp (1) -
src/net.cpp (4) ----
            (9) ------+++
src/rpc.cpp (1) -
            (92) -------+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
            (6) ---+++
share/ui.rc (2) -+
src/ui.cpp (2) -+
           (5) +++++
src/uibase.h (6) ---+++
src/main.h (1) -
              (15) ---------------
src/net.cpp (3) +++
src/init.cpp (2) -+

Compare Twobits changed files with same Sidhujag files

Twobits Files not used or cosmetic changes in Sidhujag

ok (bmp files replaced by .png files !)
ok (ico files replaced by good ico files)

ok (xpm file not used by qt version -> use png instead)

src/ui.cpp (2) -+
src/uibase.h (6) ---+++
ok (these files are not used by QT version -> not important : only bitcoin replace by devcoin string !)

ok (file doesn't exist in qt version -> other file used for headers ?)

Twobits Files changes important in Sidhujag

Aug 20 2013 #4e23c18  add DNSSeeds (twobits)

src/net.cpp   
ok ("dvcstable01.dvcnode.org" , "dvc-seed.21stcenturymoneytalk.org", "dvcstable01.devtome.com")

src/init.cpp (2) -+
src/rpc.cpp (6) ---+++
ok (in init.cpp replace "8332" string port by "52332" string port)
ok (rpc.cpp is subdivided in many files with rpc prefix but no string containing 52332 or 8332 -> perhaps defined in another place ? )

* file doesn't exist in qt version
but for BSD version need these lines
#define __STDC_LIMIT_MACROS
// to enable UINT64_MAX from stdint.h   
#include <stdint.h>

src/net.cpp (3) +++
* missing (stdint include)
#include <stdint.h>

* missing (idef for win)
#ifndef _WIN32
#include <netinet/in.h>
#include <sys/socket.h>
#include <net/if.h>
#include <netdb.h>
#include <ifaddrs.h>
#endif

src/main.h (1) -
* not removed (class declaration in qt version -> used in qt version ?)
//class CBlockIndex;

ok (rpc.cpp replaced by rpcblockchain.cpp)
ok (change in fonction double GetDifficulty()
ok (functions getblock and getblockhash added (same code)
In twobits |in  sidhujag

* differences
I think that Sidjuhag version is correct !

ok (no stack random macro implemented in util.h and not used in any files !)

src/db.cpp (2) -+

ok (change applied in   void CDB::Flush() in Sidjuhag version)

src/irc.cpp (1) -
* no irc.cpp file in Sidjuhag version !

src/net.cpp (4) ----
ok (macro not used)

src/rpc.cpp (1) -
ok (macro not used in rpcblockchain.cpp)

ok (no stack random macro implemented)

Before reaching to a conclusion I would like comments from Sidhujag on my code report. Now I can't show if changes are the same or not (fork or not fork ?)   Embarrassed

Cyke64

The first difference about the timestamp on bip30 I think that is to avert a potential problem in the future so since blocks are already created and patch is applied I think its safe? Unless someone can prove me wrong?

Do merged mine pools run thru this merged mine proxy in the contrib folder?

The main stuff is the createnewblock processblock where the reciever stuff is the small changes there but we already talked about that... Am i right in saying that since i take a fresh database and fill it with the blockchain from block 1 and it downloads all blocks that the block processing and bip stuff is all good?

Merged mining will test any rpc differences since i did internal mining I didnt jog the getworkaux stuff. You can merge mine on testnet too using the nerged mine proxy and the three nodes I have setup in the src folder just run the three batch files and then comnect the proxy.. Then point miner to proxy.. Getworkaux gets called but i got no new blocks i thought ut was a setup issue since my network is locked down from blockchain downloads on my dev machine.

Did you look at the devtome technical page and compare with new code? Also receiver.h was changed did you catch that?

twobits | sidjuhag

not important because these pairs are only used here locally in this file (no definition in another place)

Here are more details and check about BIP.
* differences

In twobits | In Sidhujag
no BIP16  | BIP16 enabled
BIP30 after March 15,2012 | BIP30 after 2013-09-01

Getworkaux gets called but i got no new blocks i thought ut was a setup issue since my network is locked down from blockchain downloads on my dev machine.

src/init.cpp (2) -+
src/rpc.cpp (6) ---+++

PROBLEM :
port used by RPCPORT is always 52332 (there's no testnet) in twobits instead of bitcoin RPCPORT 8332.
In Sidhujag , port used is 7332 defaut and for testnet 17332 (src\bitcoinrpc.cpp,src\init.cpp)
Could it be the source of your problem ?

Did you look at the devtome technical page and compare with new code?"

CreateNewBlock

Everything is correct (like twobits)
I check out also the GetKeyID function you used instead of finding the hash160.

pblock->vtx[0].vout[0].nValue = GetBlockValue(pindexPrev->nHeight+1, nFees);
   txNew.vout[0].nValue = minerValue + nFees;
in devtome wiki technical

But in all codes (twobits,Sidjuhag) , it's  pblock->vtx[0].vout[0].nValue = minerValue + nFees;
so wiki content should be corrected with the right assign statement.

GetNextWorkRequired
code contents are the same except your difficulty rule code for testnet you added.

generation rate

devtome wiki :
//static const int64 MIN_TX_FEE = 50000;
static const int64 MIN_TX_FEE = 500000000;
//static const int64 MIN_RELAY_TX_FEE = 10000;
static const int64 MIN_RELAY_TX_FEE = MIN_TX_FEE;
//static const int64 MAX_MONEY = 21000000 * COIN;
static const int64 MAX_MONEY = 21000000000 * COIN;

Twobits | Sidjuhag :
static const int64 MAX_MONEY = 21000000000 * COIN; | static const int64 MAX_MONEY = (int64)21000000 * (int64)1000 * COIN;
static const int64 COIN = 100000000; | static const int64 COIN = 100000000;
MIN_TX_FEE  | int64 CTransaction::nMinTxFee = COIN;
MIN_RELAY_TX_FEE |   int64 CTransaction::nMinRelayTxFee = COIN;

MIN_TX_FEE = MIN_RELAY_TX_FEE = 500,000,000 but in Twobits and Sidhujag values are
100,000,000 = COIN
Why ?

Disbursing the Share
Code is the same.

receiver.h was changed

Yes but I don't see any problem (you add code for testnet and some debug code)

I'm waiting for your comments about this code report
Cyke64

The fee was coming to 5.5 dvc for transactions per 1k bytes I think bitcoin fees were scaled down? When I changed the fee down to 1 coin from 5 coins they now make sense. The dust fee is 1\10th of 1 coin per vout. So if you set multiple recipients in your transaction like create 5 new address and set small amount to each you will see a 0.5dvc fee plus 1 coin so 1.5 dvc fee..
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 04:16:33 PM

Ok, tested the payment fees again. When sending 8 DVC, no message from my client (it sends the payment right away). At 7 DVC, the client informs me that a 1.2 DVC fee will apply. I have not investigated further into decimals.

Pages: « 1 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 [154] 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 ... 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: